• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokemon, abilities, and move ideas

Well, the title describes it, but oh, well. Here you can post ideas for new pokemon, abilities, or attacks.

Pokemon. Name:
Type(s):
Ability (new or otherwise):
Short description:
Four moves (new or otherwise):

Ability. Name:
What it does:
What kind of pokemon would have it (fire, water, etc.):

Move. Name:
Base damage:
Kind (physical, special, or other):
Secondary Effects (if any):

My own:
Shadow Veil
The user's team cannot be harmed by status (psn, brn, etc)
A dark or ghost type. Darkrai, and my own pokemon I'm keeping secret... ;)

Make sensible ones, please.
EDIT: Do not put pokemon here. there is another topic for that, sorry

What comes after gigabyte? Tetrabyte? On that note...

Tetra Drain-Grass
Special-Cool
80 base damage restores HP equal to half the damge done.
It's the next step after Giga Drain and I would love to see that last stage of the grass starters use it.

P

Pikovyle

Pokemon Name: Trouse
Type: Normal and Fire
Ability: Run Away
Description: It is a little fire mouse that may look weak but is quite strong... it evolves into Tratt!
Moves: Fire Fang-BP: 80, PP: 15, Acc: 100. Tail Whip(old). Hyper Fang(old). Blazer Tail-BP: 75, PP: 20, Acc: 100.

Cool Pokemon huh? I like the new moves.

*Lightning Slash

Type: Electric

Attack Nature: Special

Power Points: 30

Base Power: 40 (STAB-60)

Accuracy: 100

Effect: Always strikes first.

Can Miss

Uses King's Rock

Doesn't Touch

Pokemon who can use it: Any Electric-type Pokemon that has something that can be used as a flexible appendage.

*Recharge

Attack Nature: Other

Power Points: 10

Base Power: 0

Effect: Restores 1/2 of the user's maximum HP.

Doesn't Miss

Doesn't use King's Rock

Doesn't Touch

Pokemon who can use it: All Electric-types.

*Zap Kick

Attack Nature: Physical

Accuracy: 90%

Base Power: 85

Effect: May cause Paralysis and high critical-hit ratio

Pokemon who can learn it: Hitmonlee, Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire, Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken, Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape, Riolu/Lucario

*Power Surge

Base Power: 150

Power Points: 5

Effect: User can't attack next turn.

Pokemon that can use it: Raichu, Zapdos, Ampharos, Raikou, Magnezone, Electivire, Rotom/Pulsom (made up Rotom evo)

*Giga Bolt

Base Power: 140

Effect: Drops user's SP Attack stat 2 stages.

Pokemon who can learn it: all Legendary, Stage 1 and Stage 2 Electric types.

*Thunder Storm

Accuracy:--

Base Power:--

Effect: Summons a Lightning Storm for 5 turns.

A Lighting Storm will deal a small amount of damage to all Pokemon that aren't Electric or Ground (this damage will be double to any Pokemon in the middle of using Fly) between turns. Electric types will recover a small amount of Hit Points and Ground types will just be plain unaffected. Weather Ball becomes an Electric-typed attack and Castform will change it's form to look like a storm cloud.

Pokemon that learn it: All Electric types plus Castform and Rayquaza.

*Nitrogen Pulse

Type: Ice

Power Points: 15

Effect: Freezes the opponent.

Pokemon that Learn it: All Ice-types

*Freeze Kick

Base Power: 85

Effect: May cause Freezing and high critical-hit ratio

Pokemon that Learn it: Hitmonlee, Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire, Sneasel/Weavile, Riolu/Lucario

*Ice Cannon

Pokemon that can use it: Blastoise, Articuno, Walrein, Regice, Empoleon, Abomasnow

*Teleport Blast

Type: Psychic

Category: Special

Power Points: 20

Accuracy: 100%

Base Power: 70

Effect: User switches out after the attack.

Pokemon That Learn it: All Psychic-types, Moth/Butterfly Pokemon, Psyduck/Golduck, All Ghost-types.

EDIT: I'm fine with other people using my attack ideas as long as I'm credited

Did I mention that I may use these in my new region, Vinnsou? ;D

Antagonize
Dark
Other
Lowers opponents Sp. Atk harshly

Warm Up
Fire
Other
Raises user's fire moves by 10%

Go ahead, new abilities, attacks, and moves! :)
Uh, that was incorrect. :-\

Move Name: Trounce

Does 10 points of damage to all types except flying and ghost types. It never misses.

What Pokemon can use it: Any Normal-, Grass-, or Water-types.

Type: Normal

Kind: Special

Contest: Smart

Contest Effects: Startles other Pokemon, 5 Jam points, 7 appeal points.

Ice Slash

Does 15 damage points to any type, never misses, may freeze foe.

What Pokemon can use it: Sneasel/Weavile/Freezona (Made up Sneasel evolution), Eevee/Glacia (Glaceon), Articuno.

Kind: Special

Contest: Beauty

Contest effects: Same as Trounce, only with 15 Appeal Points instead of 7.

You can use mine, Hoenn Master. I really don't care.

Oh, I didn't think of contest effects. :o Good. You can post that too. I've decided to use the following in Vinnsou (so far...)

Recharge
Antagonize
Power Surge
Warm Up
and Tetra Drain.

Good ideas so far. Keep 'em up!
Not sure if I can use the ones crossed out.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I think it would be better if, regarding moves and abilities you didn't make up, you'd ask the person who made them up if they're okay with you using them in your made-up region.

If they aren't, it's only common sense that you won't use them.

Oh :o... Sorry. If it is okay that I use it, please modify the post to say so. If you don't want me to, I guess you don't have to modify at all. Thanks for the advice StellarWind! ;D

It is perfectly fine with me to use Tetra Drain. I'm slightly flattered that anyone WOULD use it. By the way, Tetra Drain is a Smart type contest move that has 30 Appeal points and 20 Jam points toward the preceding Pokemon.

Move. Name: Peta Drain
Base damage: 90
Kind (physical, special, or other): Special
Secondary Effects (if any): Half the damage inflicted is used to heal the user.

Move. Name: Exa Drain
Base damage: 100
Kind (physical, special, or other): Special
Secondary Effects (if any): Half the damage inflicted is used to heal the user.

Ability. Name: Overdrain
What it does: It doubles the damage inflicted by any of the Drain line (Absord, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Tetra Drain, Peta Drain, and Exa Drain.) if the users HP is lower than the opponent.
What kind of pokemon would have it (fire, water, etc.): Grass

*Heat Drain

Base Power: 80

Effect: User recovers 1/2 of the damage healed. Base Power won't be halved if used on a Fire-type.

Pokemon that learn it: Smoochum/Jynx/Sorceryce (my new Jynx evo), Articuno, Snorunt/Glalie/Frosslass, Regice and Glaceon.

Notes: The reason that Heat Drain is an Ice-type attack is that the law of convection states that heat always travels to a source lacking heat (like how a glass of orange juice and cup of coffee would eventually become the same temperature if they're standing next to each other). I made up that rule of ignoring "the Fire resists Ice" thing because I didn't feel that an attack that absorbs heat should be resisted by a Fire-type. I could've made it a Water attack, but what sense would that make? :p

*Healing Aurora

Category: Other

Effect: User recovers 1/2 of Maximum Hit Points

Pokemon That Learn it: Seel/Dewgong, Shellder/Cloyster, Smoochum/Jynx/Sorceryce, Vaporeon, Suicune, Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein

*Ghost Wail

Accuracy: 90

Pokemon that Learn it: Gengar, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Dusknoir, Frosslass, Giratina, Pulsom (made up Rotom evo).

If you use any of these move ideas, give me credit.

Ability. Name: Psychic Shield
What it does: Normal and Fighting attacks have a %20 chance of missing this poke'mon
Pokemon that would have it: Alakazam, Mewtwo, Espion, Slowking, Lugia, Gardevoir, Medicham, Latias, Latios, Mew

Seems kinda pointless as Psychic types resist Fighting attacks anyway. Most of the Pokemon you mentioned already have two abilities and as a general rule, Legendary Pokemon can only have one ability.

I made some moves

Overstuff
Type:Normal
Raises Defence Sharply, and heals all HP, but causes Sleep for 5 turns

Sacrifice
Type:Dark
Destroys current Poke'mon that is being used in order to revive a fallen Poke'mon in your party.

Heres an ability to

Fighting Spirit
Raises Attack when hit by a fighting type move.

Just came up with these in five minutes! >w< wewt.

My idea:

Ability Name: Foggy Shroud
What It Does: Starts a fog at the beginning of the battle. Also the effects of Haze and Mist (and any other cloudy attacks that don't do damage) come into effect.
Pokemon That Learn: Anything that would make sense with that ability, mostly mysterious-ike ones. Like Dratini and such.

Technique: Douse
PP: 15
Damage: 0
Effect: Target Pokemon now has the status condition "Wet." Wet increases damage done by Electric-type attacks 50%, but halves the damage done by Water-type attacks, and doubles the likelihood of becoming Attract condition. Wet Ground-types take 50% damage from Electric-type attacks. Water-types are not affected by Wet.
Users: Magikarp, any Pokemon that can use Water Pulse.

Ability: Mount
Effect: In a double battle, if this Pokemon weighs more than its partner, parter is unaffected by floor-based effects (like Spikes). Electric attacks on said partner also damage this Pokemon. If said partner uses Ingrain while Mount is in effect, this Pokemon takes Grass damage each turn equal to twice said Partner was healed by. Mount cannot take effect if Ingrain has been activated first.

Pokémon name: Shiloh
type: grass
moves: vine whirl, tackle, vine grasp, invisible.
description:the leafs on the two vine on ether side of it can grow and turn into any plant (example)poison ivy it can squeeze its Opponent and make it faint. And blends in with trees.
ability:overgroth

pokemon name:sting spray
type:water
move:bite,posin,spray,hipper beam,bubbles,tackle,water gun,doubleslapwhirl pool,recover
description:the sting spray can swim up to 10 miles per hour andcan breath in and out of water.
ability:tail up

Last edited by a moderator:
Move Name: Pulverize
PP: 5
Move Type: Special
Effect: If hits, target faints instantly. Accuracy is doubled against Rock or Ground types.
Accuracy: 1 in 6

You can use my move if you want by the way.

Last edited:
Move Name: Backstab
Type: Normal, Physical
Power: 65
Accuracy: 90
PP: 10
Description: "The user catches the target off guard with a quick stab from behind. If the enemy didn't previously target itself or the user, this attack results in an instant KO. The user's evasiveness is harshly lowered if the attack misses"
Effect: This move always goes last. If the enemy only launches its move on its allies or the user's allies in one turn (even if it misses), then a successful subsequent backstab will one hit KO the enemy. It will lower the user's evasiveness by 2 stages if it misses. Otherwise, it will deal normal damage
Pokemon who can learn: Most pokemon with hands, claws, blades, etc.

Pokemon name: Magihan and Magicon(evolution line)
Type: Ghost Psychic
Moves: trick, trick room, mirror coat, mirror move (Magihan) Trum card, trick room reflect, magic card (Magicon)
Description: They are used to be a magic hats of magician in circus (Magihan)
Once Magihan evolves into Magicon it is searching for vengeance on people who used it
Ability: Magician, Inner Focus
Hidden Ability: Prankster

New move: Magic card
Description: Can Poison, Sleep or confuse the oponent

Last edited:
Move Name: Solar Power
Type: Electric, Status
Power: --
Accuracy: --
Description: "The user absorbs the sun's rays to produce healing energy. If the sun is intense enough, the residual energy will power up the user's attack and sp. attack. Its effects depend on the weather and time of day"
Effects: Extremely harsh sunlight (Groudon's Desolate Land) - Heals 50% of max HP and raises attack and sp. attack by 1 stage each
Harsh sunlight (Sunny Day) - Heals 25% of max HP and raises attack and sp. attack by 1 stage each
Normal weather and any intensity of sunlight at night - Heals 25% of max HP
Hail, rain and sandstorm - Heals 12.5% of max HP
Nighttime, with any weather condition (except harsh sun at night) - This move fails
Pokemon who can learn: All electric types, many grass types and a few fire types

Signature updates for all 7 Pseudo-Legendaries, since Kommo-O got a nice signature move.

Breakneck ability for Dragonite: All Dragonite's attacks out-prioritize priority moves. (Ice Shard, Fake Out, Sucker Punch, etc)

Giga Cleaver for Tyranitar: 120 power Rock type move with 85% accuracy and a 25% chance to cause Flinch. If attack misses, user takes 1/5 max HP of damage.

Lunarceration(Lunar Laceration) for Salamence: 80 power Flying type priority move. 100% accuracy. User takes recoil damage.

Compute for Metagross: Psychic type boosting move that sharply raises speed and either Def or Sp.D depending on the other Pokémon's attack stats. Confuses instead if used against Metagross, or used while paralyzed.

Sand Burial for Garchomp: 120 power Ground type attack with 70% accuracy. Traps adjacent opponents, deals 40 set damage each turn. Lowers Garchomp's Attack, Defense.

Trifecta Beam for Hydreigon: 100 power Dark type attack with 100% accuracy. Has a 30% chance to burn, freeze or paralyze. (Basically an upgraded Tri Attack.)

Gooey as Goodra's main ability w/Sap Sipper built in, and type changed to Water/Dragon, movepool expanded to compensate. Goo Grip: 75 power, 90% accuracy Water type move that harshly lowers opponent's Speed and Attack.

Move: Nova Beam
Type: Dragon
Power:180
Accuracy:80
Description:The user launches an extremely powerfull lazer.The user cannot move next turn.

Type of Move:Special

Attachments

• IMG_0233.PNG
    IMG_0233.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Move: Pixie Pinch
Type: Fairy
PP: 18
Power: 85
Accuracy: 95%
Condition: Clever
The user quickly charges at the target and harshly pinches them. Has a 45% chance to flinch, 10% chance to paralyze.

Crystallize/Intoxicate: Pixilate, but for rock/poison

Move. Name: Draconic Destruction
Base damage: --(99% Of Opponents health)
PP: 12
Accuracy: 35%
Kind (physical, special, or other): Special, Dragon
Secondary Effects (if any): CAN AFFECT FAIRY TYPES DESPITE BEING DRAGON TYPE, Cannot Move Next Turn.
Contest: Tough
Contest Affects: Shocks Pokémon Who Are Feeling Pumped Up.
Roars Loudly Then Blasts A HUGE Blast Infused With Dragon Power

Last edited:
Ability: Patient
Pokemon with this ability take .67x damage from attacks if they move last
Secondary ability for Wobbuffet.

Ability: Eager
Pokemon with this ability deal 1.3x damage if they move first
Secondary ability for Weavile

This seems like fun! I'll join in!

Ability: Hypersensitive

Effect: Causes the user's special attack to rise by one stage, when hit. If the opponent's attack misses, the user's special defense rises by one stage instead.

Ability: Lost soul

Effect: User is immune to life orb damage.

Move name: Fire ring

Description: The user surrounds the target with a ring of fire, which causes any pokemon who switch in on it to receive burns.

PP: 5

Type: Fire (Special)

Contest rank: Beautiful

Contest affects: Garners bonus points, if used in a combination with fairy wind.

MOVE
Name:
Grossfeed
Type: Poison
Base damage: --
Kind: Status
Description: The user eats waste healing itself and grossing out enemy.
Secondary Effects: Enemy's Attack lower's by one stage, User heals itself for 1/8 of maximum health.

Name: Glitter Field
Kind: Status (Entry hazard effect)
Description: The user fills ground with glitter shaking it from itself which causes enemies to be attracted to it.
Secondary Effects: Every enemy's Pokemon being opposite gender to user's active Pokemon is attracted to it.

Name: Vanish
Type: Ghost
Kind: Status
Description: The user vanishes confusing its enemy.
Secondary Effects: If opponent uses Physical move - confuses enemy and raises user's evasiveness by one stage. If opponent uses Special move - lowers enemy's accuracy by one stage and raises user's evasiveness by one stage. If opponent uses Status move - user protects itself. Fails if used after the opponent's attack. 10% of chance to use another Vanish in a row.

Name: Dragon Fang
Type: Dragon
Base damage: 65
Kind: Physical
Description: The user bites with its dragon fangs. This may also make the target flinch or leave it frozen.
Secondary Effects: Deals damage and has a 10% chance of paralyzing, freezing or burning the opponent. It also has a 10% chance of causing the target to flinch, if the user attacks before the target.

Dumping some more here, cuz why not :p

Name: Lover's spat

Base power: 50 (Or 100, if the user is infatuated with the target. Can go up to 120, with STAB)

Physical

Effect: The user smacks the target with its forepaws. The power of this attack doubles, if the user is infatuated with the target, and will always hit.

Name: Crumble

Type: Dark

Base power: 100

Physical

Effect: The user mercilessly attacks the target, while hurling insults at them. Has a 50/50 chance of lowering the user's defense by two stages.

Ability: Hoarder

Effect: Lets the user hold more than one item

Pokémon that can have it: Dedenne, and every normal type except for yungoos.

Last edited:
Dragon Wing
Type: Dragon (Psychical)
Power: 60
Effect: Hit your opponent with both wings and lowers the target's accuracy.

Safe Shield
Type: Normal (Status)
Power: _
Accuracy: _%
Effect: Protects the user against damaging moves or moves by hiding inside its' shell.

Sinkhole
Type: Ground (Psychical)
Effect: The user create a hole that well send their target down underground.

Psycho Dash
Type: Psychic (Psychical)
Power: 100
Accuracy: 80%
Effect: The user tackles the target while exhibiting overwhelming menace. This may also make the target flinch and cause recoil damage to the user.

Fire Tail
Type: Fire (Psychical)
Power: 75
Effect: Hit your opponent the user's tail and may burn the opponent.

Thunder Tail
Type: Electric (Psychical)
Effect: Hit your opponent the user's tail and may paralyze the opponent.

Ice Tail
Type: Ice (Psychical)
Effect: Hit your opponent the user's tail and may frozen the opponent.

Sound Shock
Type: Normal (Special)
Power: 80
Effect: The user create shock wave sound that damage the opponent.

Soul Sucker
Type: Ghost (Special)
Power: 80
Effect: The user drains the target's energy. The user's HP is restored by half the damage taken by the target.

Spirit Stealer
Type: Ghost (Special)
Power: 40
Effect: The user drains the target's energy. The user's HP is restored by half the damage taken by the target.

Rock Defense
Type: Rock (Status)
Effect :The user hardens its body's surface like a stone to sharply raise its Defense stat by two stages.

Bubble Bomb
Type: Water (Special)
Effect: The user creates a big bubble that explode damage the opponent.

Rainbow Blast
Type: Fairy (Special)
Power: 130
Accuracy: 70%
Effect: The user heightens its rainbow-colored focus and unleashes its power and lowers the target's Attack stat.

Rainbow Rush
Type: Fairy (Psychical)
Accuracy: 75%
Effect: The user tackles the foe while exhibiting overwhelming menace. It may also make the target flinch.

Root Whip
Type: Grass (Psychical)
Power: 60
Effect: Strikes the target with slender, whiplike roots.

Volcanic Ball
Type: Fire (Special)
Power: 70
Effect: Release a ball move lava at the target and may burn the opponent.

Mystic Beam
Type: Fairy (Special)
Effect: The user attacks with a magical beam of light. This may also confuse the target.

Feather Storm
Type: Flying (Special)
Power: 55
Effect: The use can fires feathers at the target.

Time Field
Type: Normal (Status)
Effect: It lower the opponent's speed stat and raises the user's speed stat.

Poison Slime Type: Poison (Special) Power: 60 Accuracy: 100% Effect: Gooey slime hurled at the target. This may also poison the target and lower the opponent's speed.

Double Punch
Type: Fighting (Physical)
Power: 30
Effect: The target is quickly punched twice in succession using both feet.

Triple Punch
Type: Fighting (Physical)
Power: 10
Effect: The target is quickly punched three times in succession using both feet.

Ice Tomb
Type: Ice (Physical)
Power: 35
Effect: Icicle are hurled at the target. This also prevents the target's from escape. Speed stat by preventing its movement.

Super Beam
Type: Normal (Special)
Power: 95
Effect: A powerful attack. The attacker becomes so tired, it has to rest the next turn.

Wet Strike
Type: Water (Physical)
Power: 120
Accuracy: 75%
Effect: The user tackles the target while surrounding itself in a violent bubble.

Crystal Shield
Type: Rock (Status)
Effect: Protects the user against damaging moves or moves by creation a diamond force field.

Vibrate Noise
Type: Steel (Special)
Power: 55
Effect: A horrible metal sound. If this move is used every turn, it does greater damage.

Armor Assault
Type: Steel (Special)
Power: 90
Effect:The foe slams the target with its steel-hard body. It may also make the target flinch.

Sinkhole
Type: Ground (Psychical)
Effect: The user create a hole that well send their target down underground.

Last edited:
Might as well join
Move
Name : Song of Life
Type : Fairy (Special)
Power : Power Depends On Enemy's Happiness (If happy, move will deal 70 Power, if not happy then it will do 120 Power)(The way it works is the same as Perish song)
Accuracy : 70%
Effect : Your Pokemon sings a wonderful song that brings joy and happiness to Pokemon who are unhappy, 30% chance for the Pokemon who heard the song will fall in love with the one who sings the song
Side Effects (This one I added for fun) : The Opposing Pokemon would gain happiness after battle