• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokeballs

The Dragonball
Dragonpokeball.png

One of seven similar variations. Failure is guarenteed, but throw one of each of the seven balls variations in a single battle and the last one will be guarenteed a successful capture, in the form of a cutscene with a massive dragon in the skies. :p

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Brilliant all-caps SPAM there too LegendaryZekrom.

Warned, read the rules before you post again.

....anyway, here's an idea of mine:

Blast Ball: If the opposing Pokemon escapes from the ball, the ball will explode, inflicting 20 HP damage. If the Pokemon hit by the explosion would be KO'd by the blast, their HP drops to 1 instead. Same catching power as a Great Ball.

Combine Ball: Combines the effects of two other Pokeballs, extremely expensive.

Stat Ball: x1 Catch Rate, increases the stats of the Pokemon caught in it by +1 for Lv.1-10, +2 for Lv.11-19 etc.

Bond Ball: x6 Catch Rate, decreases player's current Pokemon's HP by 1/3 if the Pokemon is not caught.

Hatred Ball: x4.5 Catch Rate, but Pokemon caught will have the lowest friendship level possible.

Mecha Ball: x1 Catch Rate normally, x4 rate on 'mechanical' Pokemon e.g. Magneton, Aron.

Close Ball: +30 catch rate if the Pokemon is next to the player's current Pokemon in the Pokedex. +29 for two away, etc.

Mountain Ball: Has a better effect on pokemon associated with mountains and rocks, or works better on mountain ranges

Wow, I don't have any others right now. I had like 15...then I read the comments -_-

Flower Ball: Works better in the Spring

Snow Ball: Works better during Winter

Leaf Ball: Works better in Autumn

Sun Ball: Works better during Summer

Makes sense I guess if we're getting seasons.

*shrugs*

Black Rock Shooter said:
PokemonCrazyWeirdo5026 said:
Maybe there could be a place where you could infuse a pokeball with a move, so that if the pokeball misses the move happens ;D

Um, I'm sorry, but I don't really see the point of that. When you want to catch a PokeMon, you don't want to kill it.

I mean like putting on a move like false swipe, so it would make it 1 HP

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a coincedence me finding this thread as I designed 2 random PokeBalls today:
th_ShinyBall.png

Shiny Ball
Works better on Shiny Pokemon than Normal Pokemon.

th_DarkBall.png

Dark Ball
Works better on Dark Type Pokemon that any other type.

Excuse my bad designing BTW.

I would absolutely love it if there were specific Pokemon-designed balls. Just for fun, I would love to stick a Seviper in a Zangoose ball. :p

Rayn_Shyu said:
Hmm, I though Quick Balls were more of catch fast Pokemon. I haven't played Gen IV much sooo... -_-;;.

Nature Balls would be kinda cool. Only you don't really know what nature it'll be... But it could help on some Pokes, like Legendaries to see what nature it will be so you don't have to catch it. IDK, but what ever.

That's why there's an "H" on some Ultra Ball art! They're Hyper!
lol thats strange

A

Anonymous

hm...new pokeballs?

if there weren't genIII and genIV, i doubt that there will be new pokeballs in genV, some of the ideas here are pretty good though :D

Secad said:
I would absolutely love it if there were specific Pokemon-designed balls. Just for fun, I would love to stick a Seviper in a Zangoose ball. :p

Hmm! YOu could purchase these as novelty items at say pokemon fan clubs and have them on display in your underground base. Also Pokemon-designed seals would be a nice addition!

How about a ball that works well on pokemon with multiple types? Like Gyarados and Garchomp as prime examples.
They could make specified types as they have been (ie: net ball) and more balls during time of day like the Dusk ball.
But instead the Dawn ball to catch pokemon in the morning time. How about a ball that would be like the effect rivalry where it powers up if you are going up agains the pokemon of the same gender instead of the love ball that works better against those of the opposite?

The doom ball: If it fails, the wild pokemon's health is reduced to 1 HP, and inflicted with a random hurting ailment like poison or burn. The ailment doesn't take effect on the turn you threw the pokeball, giving one more chance to catch it. It has a very high catch rate, higher the the Ultra ball. When a pokemon sent out in battle is in a Doom Ball, It will have 1 HP and a hurting ailment, but the next attack move it uses will be a one-hit-K.O. For Nuzlocke Players, when caught the ailment disappears, and when the enemy pokemon is fainted in battles, the ailment does not take effect, though no more moves will be a one-hit-K.O. And after the battle the ailment disappears. Warning. Do not use Doom Ball pokemon against Shinys, Rares, or Legends. You will be regretting it forever.

How about this: Instead of having balls that work well on whatever type they're named after, there are pokeballs that are good against what their type is good against and bad against what their type is bad against.

Example: Lighting ball is good at catching water pokemon, but bad at catching grass pokemon.

Also:

Favorite ball: Works better on pokemon the more pokemon of their type you own.

Ambition ball: Works better on pokemon you have met, but haven't caught.

Weird ball: Reverse of a normal pokeball, it works best when against pokemon with more of their health left and no status ailments.

Clone ball: Creates a clone of whatever pokemon you catch. (If you through at a legendary, it will have a better chance of catching it than an ultra ball, but won't clone it.)

Diverse ball: Works better on pokemon not native to the region your in.

Clay ball: Is worse than the normal pokeball, but can be bought for one pokedollar.

Contest balls: There are many types of these, each one works best on a pokemon with a different contest attribute.

It was already confirmed that the only new pokeball will be the dream ball, which catches pokemon of the dream world. Pokemon Black/White will feature all pokeballs from previous generations, but Generation II pokeballs can only be obtained by cheats, and will cause the game to freeze if you try catching a pokemon with them. Ciao.