1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Nintendo Direct announced - Pokemon title to be revealed?

1. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

[​IMG]

Nintendo has been dipping their toes into hosting their own 'tv show' like material for a short while now. Nintendo Video on the 3DS has seen some original content produced for this exclusive channel, and Nintendo's monthly Nintendo TV advert reel news reel has brought back fond memories of the kind of mainstream 'light' reporting videogames tended to get on the real gogglebox back in the 90s.

Nintendo Direct was Nintendo's most recent attempt - and a new video instalment (the second so far, and the first since October last year) is due out tomorrow. In the East (at 11am GMT), Satoru Iwata will be doing the presenting duty, while over in the more English speaking side of the world, we'll have the pleasure of spending more time with the unimitable Reggie Fils-Aime from 2pm GMT.

Read More

#1 Doctor Oak, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Pokécharms News' started by Doctor Oak, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Demelza
      Demelza
      Re: New Nintendo Direct announced - Pokemon title to be reve

Whatever gets announced tomorrow will be big, there is no doubts about that, specially when plans are in place to air Nintendo Direct in Europe for the first time too. If it wasn't going to be big I doubt they'd go through half the trouble.

I'm not too sure if it'll be Pokemon though, it seems more likely that anything to do with the series would be released through normal Japanese means like Pokemon Smash or CoroCoro. That's not to say we should rule it out either though.

Tomorrow shall be fun. :D
    2. Linkachu
      Linkachu

Ever the hopeful one, Alex~

I'm not expecting a major Pokemon announcement out of this, but a localized release date for the Nobunga's Ambition would be cool. It'd be nice if they finally gave us hope that Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy will be hitting outside of Japan, too. And while I'm at it, news about the Last Story coming to North America? Maybe? Please?

Whatever it is, I'll look forward to the news tomorrow. ~:)~
    3. Doctor Oak
      Doctor Oak

If an announcement is due on Smash this Sunday, then it's quite feasible really. Zekrom and Reshiram's global reveal online managed to pip Pokemon Sunday to the post - and it wasn't the only time Nintendo managed to one-up both Pokemon Sunday and Coro Coro for breaking Pokemon news in the run up to B/W's release. We've got enough precedent for it to be possible, if not at least probable.

Hell, Battle Revolution was announced completely off the cuff at an investor's meeting! Sometimes (just sometimes) Nintendo throws out the rule book for a brief moment.

Incidentally, I expect the reason the Wii U is off the cards is 'cos the rumour we got a while back that Nintendo is planning on rebranding it in the wake of last year's events (a shitty E3 showing and major confusion over the 3DS' branding) is true and we've now effectively seen the last of the 'Wii U' altogether.
    4. Linkachu
      Linkachu

I guess we'll know what this is all about soon. If I have my time zones correct, this should be starting in about 20 minutes? Looking forward to it. :)
    5. Doctor Oak
      Doctor Oak

Sounds like you've gotten your wish.
    6. Linkachu
      Linkachu

Yup. :)

Last Story's confirmation was likely the biggest North American news for me, but it sounds like the Japanese side had a lot more going on for it. I still haven't had time to watch it, but I'll likely do so after I'm off work.
    7. Demelza
      Demelza

I dunno, it sounds like a lot but when you glance over it, it isn't that much. xP

I'd say the only thing that interested me was Mario Tennis Open (May yay), the Fire Emblem Awakening trailer and Rune Factory 4's trailer (very good anime style ♥). The rest of it was either stuff which doesn't effect us, or just doesn't interest me anyway.