• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Mystery Gift Events Revealed For Pokémon Sword & Shield

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Leading up to the release of the Isle of Armor expansion for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield next month, four new Mystery Gift distributions will be released.

Mr Mime photo.jpeg

The first of these events started this past Thursday (at 5 PM PDT) and gives players the chance to get their hands on a Galarian Mr. Mime with its Hidden Ability, Ice Body. You'll also be given a Lure Ball, Moon Ball, Heavy Ball and a Dream Ball.

The Mr. Mime event will end on Thursday the 28th of May and be replaced with a Galarian Ponyta event. This Ponyta will also have its Hidden Ability, Anticipation. Like with Mr. Mime you'll also be given special Pokéballs, including a Level Ball, Fast Ball, Love Ball, Friend Ball and a Beast Ball.

On Thursday the 4th of June the Mystery Gift will switch over to giving a Galarian Corsola with the Hidden Ability Cursed Body. Instead of Pokéballs, you'll be given an Evolution Item Set that includes a Sweet Apple, Tart Apple, Chipped Pot, Cracked Pot, Sachet and a Whipped Dream.

The fourth and final event will begin on the 11th of June and give players the chance to get a Galarian Meowth with the Hidden Ability Unnerve, as well as 50 Big Nuggets and 100 EXP Candies L. It's currently not clear how long the Meowth giveaway will last.

Please note that all of the event distributions begin at 5 PM PDT, so if you're living in the UK the events actually begin the following morning.

Are you excited for these events? Let us know in the comments!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm willing to bet Meowth will go for a week like the rest and Isle of Armor will be released when it expires. I'm also amused that two of these, Ponyta and Corsola, are Shield exclusive and none are Sword exclusive. XD

I can finally get Shield exclusives on my Pokémon Sword without paying for another Switch or Internet. Also, Cursed Body Corsola is exactly what I need for this battle strategy thing I was planning. I need this.