• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

General Gen 6 New Moves

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
moonblast.jpg
On this page we'll detail all of the new moves being introduced in Pokémon X and Y as they're revealed.

Boomburst

Type: [type="normal"][/type]
Category: Special
Base Power: 140
Accuracy: 100%
Effect In Battle: Causes damage to all Pokémon in battle, including allies.
Pokémon Who Learn This Move: Noivern

june_new_p16_02.png
scshot1.png

Fairy Wind

Type: [type="fairy"][/type]
Base Power:40
Effect In Battle: The move deals damage to the opponent.
Pokémon That Learn This Move: Flabébé

scshot5.png

Moonblast

Base Power: 95
Effect In Battle: The move deals damage to the target and also has a chance of lowering their Attack stat.
Pokémon That Learn This Move: Sylveon

scshot2.png
scshot3.png

Parting Shot

Type: [type=dark][/type]
Category: Status
Base Power: --
Effect In Battle: The move will lower the targets Attack and Sp. Attack stat and then allows the user to switch out for another Pokémon.
Pokémon That Learn This Move: Pancham

may_p8_2.png
scshot6.png

Parabolic Charge

Type: [type="electric"][/type]
Base Power: 50
Effect In Battle: The move damages all Pokémon in battle including allies and allows the user to regain 50% of the damage dealt as HP.
Pokémon That Learn This Move: Helioptile

scshot7.png
may_p7_2.png

Draining Kiss

Base Power: 50
Effect In Battle: The move deals damage to the target and restores some of the user's HP.
Pokémon That Learn This Move: Swirlix

july_p10_02.png

Topsy-Turvy

Type: [type="dark"][/type]
Effect In Battle: The move will invert all stat changes applied to the target.
Pokémon That Learn This Move: Inkay

july_p08_02.png
july_p08_03.png

Noble Roar

Type: [type=normal][/type]
Effect In Battle: Lowers the target's Attack and Sp. Atk stats.
Pokémon Who Learn This Move: Litleo

litleo_h_lionceau_leufeo2.png

Nuzzle

Type: [type="electric"][/type]
Category: Physical
Base Power: 20
Effect In Battle: Nuzzle deals damage and paralyzes the opponent.
Pokémon That Learn This Move: Dedenne

dedenne_screenshot_4_bmp_jp.png

Baby-Doll Eyes

Effect In Battle: An increased-priority move that may lower the target's attack stat.
Pokémon That Learn This Move: Furfrou

sept_p12_03_4tr17.jpg

Freeze-Dry

Type: [type="ice"][/type]
Base Power: 70
Effect In Battle: The attack has a high chance of freezing the opponent. Unlike any other known [type="ice"][/type] move, it is said to be Super-Effective against [type="water"][/type] Pokémon
Pokémon That Learn This Move:
Aurorus

sept_adds_p3_4_olcri.jpg
sept_adds_p3_5_sl8fc.jpg

Geomancy

Type:[type="fairy"][/type]
Accuracy: --
Effect In Battle: The move deals damage to the opponent.
Pokémon That Learn This Move: Xerneas

july_p01_05.png

Oblivion Wing

Type:[type="dark"][/type]
Base Power: 80
Effect In Battle: The move deals damage to the opponent. Possibly a two-turn move?
Pokémon That Learn This Move: Yveltal

july_p02_05.png

Power-Up Punch

Type: [type=fighting][/type]
Category: Physical
Base Power: 40
Effect In Battle: The move deals damage to the opponent and raises the user's Attack stat with each use.
Pokémon That Learn This Move: Kangaskhan (Mega Kangaskhan)

oct_p15_04.jpg
oct_p15_05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
It's pretty much guaranteed that they will. As if Fairy-types and Mega Evos weren't change enough. XD

The Metagame will adapt and survive, though. (Like the culture of bacteria it is.)

There's already too much in this generation that alters everything so significantly. It's just too much change for some people to take.

(Wish I didn't have a terrible life so I can just play the game normally and have to worry about Smogon and those people.)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Smogon are a sad joke.

There's always people who will rage-quit at the first sign of change. I hear that a rather sizable chunk of the fan-base feels that the metagame has gone stale and that a good shakeup will do it a world of good. Frankly, I'm inclined to agree (Although I don't give half a shit about the metagame to begin with). xD

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, the metagame is going to be completely new this generation. Just like it was for the last two generations. And this is good! Not many games get their competitive side rebooted every few years, and it helps stop the situation where there ends up being a small handful of Pokémon that dominate the competitive scene and it's rare to see anything else.

In this case, it's quite clear that plenty of the changes Game Freak have made is to help more and more Pokémon be viable for serious play - not just competitive, but to help shift the all-too-familiar situation where you find a Pokémon that is neat, but utterly outclassed in every way by another. Sure, a lot of it looks competitively-bent, but what is competitive play if not just regular play taken to extremes?

Believe me, Mega Pokémon will shake up the metagame, as will many other things we might not even know about yet. Just like Eviolite, Drizzle Politoed/Drought Ninetales and various other things did in Gen 5, just like the type split and more did in Gen 4.

And I welcome this.

Can you give us an official video or source for that? Remember, we're not reporting on leaks yet.
if i remember correctly write to youtube : pokemon x and y wifi battle bulky sylveon

and if that vid is not fake sylveon is the next blissey in sp def!!!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I said official video. As I've mentioned before and as the notice at the top of the page says, we are not reporting on leaks in the Cryptidex. That means videos on YouTube not from the official Pokémon channel.

I said official video. As I've mentioned before and as the notice at the top of the page says, we are not reporting on leaks in the Cryptidex. That means videos on YouTube not from the official Pokémon channel.
dont have to get so mad at me from that sorry.

For Pokémon that can learn Fairy Wind, only Flabébé is listed, but Gardevoir is using the move in the picture shown.