• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New move capabilities for certain pokemon?

A

Anonymous

I decided to post this again. Those of you who were here the last time I posted this already know that I think that Flareon should be able to learn FlareBlitz and FlameWheel, hopefully in gen 5 Flareon will be able to learn it via leveling and Move tutor. Post your ideas for old moves that old pokemon should be able to finally learn in gen 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
As with every generation, the move sets will probably be updated. I feel like Electric needs more attacking moves in general, or at least Luxray. I don't like using move tutors, so I want more naturally (that is, leveling up) learned moves.

A

Anonymous

Raktoner said:
I don't like using move tutors, so I want more naturally (that is, leveling up) learned moves.
The reason I like using the move tutor is because my flareon wont be able to lvl up anymore by the time black and white come out, but i still want it to learn flareblitz and flamewheel so im hoping the tutor can teach it to flareon so i dont have to get another one and start all over...

iFlare said:
Raktoner said:
I don't like using move tutors, so I want more naturally (that is, leveling up) learned moves.
The reason I like using the move tutor is because my flareon wont be able to lvl up anymore by the time black and white come out, but i still want it to learn flareblitz and flamewheel so im hoping the tutor can teach it to flareon so i dont have to get another one and start all over...

You likely won't have to. If Flareon indeed gets the ability to learn Flare Blitz, you can just go to the Move Relearner to get it back on like you would a level 1 move. I'm almost positive they'll retain Move Relearners in Black and White. So in other words, there's no need for a new Flareon.

A

Anonymous

Reina Carmen said:
iFlare said:
Raktoner said:

You likely won't have to. If Flareon indeed gets the ability to learn Flare Blitz, you can just go to the Move Relearner to get it back on like you would a level 1 move. I'm almost positive they'll retain Move Relearners in Black and White. So in other words, there's no need for a new Flareon.
you do realize a move relearner is a move tutor aswell right, be that as it may, ive never really seen an npc titled the move relearner in d/p/pt just Colleseum and XD...

Or when he is in FR/LG, the man goes by "The Mushroom Maniac."

Now, back on topic. I think I would like to see Ampharos learn Thunderbolt. I find the move to be a little better in most battles than Discharge. I actually wondered for a while why Ampharos was not able to learn it but could learn Thunder and Thundershock.

A

Anonymous

Shocari said:
In the mainstream games, he goes under the alias "Heart Scale Obsessed Man" :3
Kibetou said:
Oh yeah, those two guys I never talk too because I never had mushrooms or heartscales on me, so THATS what they did /facepalm, I feel like an idiot now! XD

iFlare said:
Shocari said:
In the mainstream games, he goes under the alias "Heart Scale Obsessed Man" :3
Kibetou said:
Oh yeah, those two guys I never talk too because I never had mushrooms or heartscales on me, so THATS what they did /facepalm, I feel like an idiot now! XD

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at XD Sorry for the misunderstanding. I think the term Move Relearner is a fan-made term, but I'm not sure. Bulbapedia has an article for it though.

And so this isn't complete spam, I want them to retcon Leafeon to make it learn Leaf Blade at a lower level because 71 is obscene on something that isn't a legendary Pokemon. Similar I'd like Glaceon to get Ice Beam by level up or move relearner so you don't have to waste the TM.

A

Anonymous

I don't know why, but I've always felt this, all of the eeveelutions should be able to learn earthquake via TM, I know it sounds weird, but I've always felt that it was a good idea, plus it would give flareon and Jolteon a better option to hit rock types that with iron tail and and dig...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Manectric deserves Heat Wave. If it can learn Flamethrower and Overheat then it can and should learn Heat Wave :V

Weavile also deserves a better fighting move. Close Combat Weavile would be awesome. This one's not going to happen, but I think it'd be awesome if it did :D

Ampharos with Tail Glow pls. It fits it perfectly as far as characterisitics go (it is the Light Pokemon after all) and having it would certainly push it a notch up in the tier list. If an innocent little Pichu can get frelling Nasty Plot, then Ampharos can get Tail Glow.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Like I said in the previous thread, I think it'd be nice if Absol could learn Leaf Blade next gen. It definitely has the blade-like horn to make use of it, and it already learns pretty well all of the other blade/slash attacks. If Gallade, a non-Grass-type, can learn it, why not give it to Absol too? :3

Kibetou said:

That makes him sound like a drug dealer lol. Sorry for being off-topic, but back on track, I think in general, Pokemon sould learn moves that they look like they sould know (eg. Ampharos and Tail Glow), but something kind of stupid, but get this: Misdreavus is the Screech Pokemon, right? But if you check, the stupid severed head thing doesn't even learn Screech!

A

Anonymous

Glaceon should be able to learn Sheer Cold. Just throwing that out there, because it can't learn it, when it should be able too... Glaceon is one of the only Ice types I like(besides swinub, I love mah lil' baby swinub :D) and I want it to have Sheer Cold, I hate Glalie, its an unatral Floating Face, and it can learn sheer cold, so why can't Glaceon?

This isn't technically a new move capability, but I'd like for Vulpix and Ninetales to be able learn Energy Ball via TM 53. I never understood why you could breed it on, but you couldn't use the TM for it. I also wished that Arcanine got Close Combat though people debate its usefulness.