• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Layout...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Wow. I'm not the only one who thinks the color scheme must be shot! ^^

Honestly, I hate the fact that 'charms seems to be going standardized and turning into just another pokemon site, but hey, that's Gary for ya. (shrugs)

*eyes burn* X.X

FIEND! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GREEN-I-NESS?! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE IRISHNESS?!?!?! IT'S ALL.......COLOURFUL!!!

:cry: Gary, how could you......

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Indeed - when I was designing the new layout (which includes the actual placement of stuffs etc, not just the colours, in fact all the colours, banners, buttons etc are surplus), I also updated the site structure and made it more customisable.

In other words, to change the colours, all I have to do is edit the CSS Stylesheet and boom. A lot easier than before.

So, if the colours are that bad (And really, why Purplish/Pink is so bad when it's supposed to be about Deoxys?) then as Katie says, constructive criticism would be a lot better than just poking the site. ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I dunno if I can actually be arsed with the next in japan thing - so it's likely to go.

The epguides are hanging around however. Since i'm writing them for Pokeschool uses, i don't intend to ignore Pokecharms.

I don't see why including anime coverage makes us 'standard'. We still have the most unique features of any Pokemon Website and still have the same silly quality to what we put online.

I understand that having anime makes us comparable to serebii.net, but the fact is - i'm into the anime at the moment and wish to cover it. And if it's getting us hits, why worry?

My eyes hurt.

When I goto the home page its all pink and purple then I click the forum link and everything is pretty much inverted. Makes me blink...ALOT

I think we should go back to green. It makes more sense.