• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Japanese trailer for Sun/Moon

So almost every Alolan Pokemon, Alolan Forms, Totem Pokemon are in the trailer... But no Alolan Raticate? I'm legit pissed about this... Now I want to ride Raticate XD

Last edited:
What is that totem-esque thing under Totem Gumshoos? You can see it for a split second in the trailer.
Capt555ure.PNG

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wow. I have little intelligent conversation to add beyond that being a downright amazing trailer, one that I will continue to spam-repeat until the next amazing trailer. Because Game Freak won't shut up and take my money already.

Oh. And this:
THIS.png

IT'S HAPPENIIIIIIIIIING!

Oak's cousin,how interesting

Now can we talk of something that keeps me asking myself?im the only who noticed that finally you have realistic map models and using pokemon for HM animations?finally no more dark blue birds and moving stones in the water! :D

Poor exeggcute when evolving,what if you want to see it's head?

I like how they're adding Kanto Pokemon to the new game. Now we got Oak's cousin, which kinda makes me feel my childhood again with a twist.

Hey, this whole "Alolan Oak" will probably be the link to transfer Pokemon from the download 3ds version of the original Pokemon Blue, Red, and Yellow.

With Oak having a cousin in Alola, it'd be natural for Samson Oak to be curious about the 'normal' variations of the Alolan Pokemon (to him, naturally, Alolan Pokemon wouldn't be different.) and since thus far all Alolan form Pokemon have been from Generation one, maybe through Oak's Cousin we could transfer the non-Alolan forms of these Pokemon from those downloaded games from the 20th anniversary.

Looking at this trailer again, there's only one thing I can make out & theorize from it. If you watch from 1:32- 1:35, you notice the trial captains doing what looks like the finishing poses for Z moves of their specific type:
  • Kiawe- Inferno Overdrive
  • Sophocles- Gigavolt Strike
  • Lana- Hydro Vortex
  • Mallow- Bloom Doom
Because of this, I'm guessing that you receive a Z crystal after completing each trial &, once you do, the trial captain congratulates you and acts out the pose to show you how to perform the Z move