• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Graphics and Battle System

I really like the new style of how the player goes round and the city seems to revolve around them. Also, I saw a poster of pikachu above the pokemon center! Also, when pokabu knocked out the tsutaaja with flamethrower (I think it's flamethrower) the screen focused on tsutaaja and showed its whole body! I definitely think pokemon has changed for the better!

I really like the big city style. The new battle look is also great too. It adds a touch of (dare I say it) realism to the game.

I love the battle scene to death~ Though, the overworld scene isn't too impressive, IMO. It seems more like the hero and other characters are pasted on top of the background, rather than running around in it.

I'm loving the video ^^ So far, Black and White are both looking gorgeous. I agree with everyone else in saying that the battle scene looks amazing though. The constant motion is a welcome change, but I'm eager to see how bigger Pokemon are going be portrayed.

I like the new changes like the 3d effects oh and how when you watch the video it looks like there are people standing in line to get coffee or something, but the only problem is that i do not know if I can get used to it ya'know

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I wasn't sure how to feel about that big city at first, but I quite like how the camera zooms in and out depending on your location within it.

As for the battles, I adore the upgrade. Even if nothing else about the usual system changes, those additions will certainly spruce up my battles. Might even encourage me to battle more than I currently do. :)

In my opinion, most of the battle changes will be with new moves, new Pokemon, and new graphics. I don't believe they'll do something major like the physical-special split soon.

I was really surprised and pleased with the sprite animations. As long as they don't stretch out the battles I'll be quite happy-- I really hated Stadium, Colosseum, etc. because the pokemon and attack animations took FOR EVER. I used to put the controller on the floor and just mash A with one of my feet while I did something else (usually played pokemon on a handheld, lol).

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I quite like the moving dynamic camera angles in both the overworld and in battles. In the battles it makes things less stagnant and involves you in them more than in any other Gen before it (has a touch of Stadium/PBR in it).

Also, the overworld, especially the city part, looks very nicely done and looks like it will be great fun to explore with the constantly adjusting camera. :3

Im definately diggin' the battle camera activity. Very active, less boring, is good! Especially liking how the cameras nearly on the same level as you are so you.