• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Fighters Coming to Pokken Tournament as Paid DLC

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
pokkenupdate.jpg
Today's long prophesied Nintendo Direct has finally landed and revealed some new content coming to Pokken Tournament early this year.

Effectively launching a season pass called the 'Battle Pack', two waves of DLC content will be available for the Switch version of the game starting on the 31st January with Wave 1 and concluding on the 23rd March with Wave 2.

There are only initial details on content other than the headlining Fighting and Support Pokemon available within the DLC, but we do know that Wave 1 will launch with Aegislash - complete with its stance-changing gimmick from the main games as well as a new Support set starring Mega Rayquaza and Mimikyu.

In Wave 2, Blastoise will join the fight as a playable character, with Mew and Celebi being added as new Support Pokemon.

As well as content not yet revealed, the Battle Pack will also brings with it new Avatar accessories, the first of which are available by buying the Battle Pack right now on the Switch eShop.

We'll bring you more information about any other Pokemon joining Pokken Tournament DX as we get it.

At first glance, I assumed that somehow Mega Rayquaza became a fighter.
...You can imagine my sense of relief after actually reading the article.

Today's long prophesied Nintendo Direct has finally landed and revealed some new content coming to Pokken Tournament early this year.

Effectively launching a season pass called the 'Battle Pack', two waves of DLC content will be available for the Switch version of the game starting on the 31st January with Wave 1 and concluding on the 23rd March with Wave 2.

There are only initial details on content other than the headlining Fighting and Support Pokemon available within the DLC, but we do know that Wave 1 will launch with Aegislash - complete with its stance-changing gimmick from the main games as well as a new Support set starring Mega Rayquaza and Mimikyu.

In Wave 2, Blastoise will join the fight as a playable character, with Mew and Celebi being added as new Support Pokemon.

As well as content not yet revealed, the Battle Pack will also brings with it new Avatar accessories, the first of which are available by buying the Battle Pack right now on the Switch eShop.

We'll bring you more information about any other Pokemon joining Pokken Tournament DX as we get it.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
@andre chamoun What was the point of quoting the message also I wonder how Mega Rayquaza feels about this, he's probably thinking, If I could fight, I'd dominate all of you!

DID YOU KNOW I HAD A SHINY AND NORMAL RAYQUARZA I BRIBED SOMEONE IN LINK TRADE WITH MY SHINY RAYQUARZA FOR MARSHADOW AND THATS HOW I COMPLETED MY MOON POKEDEX

I'm really annoyed they're paid dlc, I enjoy pokken, but i've now bought it for wii u, then switch, and on top of that I have a card in my japanese wallet with all my arcade progress. I'm actually happier paying 100 yen for a round with a new character in an arcade (or several thousand like when darkrai came out) than i am to buy a dlc pack.
I know they're really pushing pokken right now, but I'm really feeling like new characters should be free dlc, or unlockable, rather than paid, and bearing in mind those two characters are nearly half the price of the full game it just seems extortionate =/

Nice! I'm curious about Aegislash's defense and offense switching ability, though since ablities don't come into play here then nothing will be different for Aegislash...