• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Evolutions

Mindless_Music said:
A stantler evo would be cool. A badass elk or something. ;D

Yeah that does sound awesome. Maybe have a psychic 3rd evo. thats like a moose or something

Last edited by a moderator:
One idea I saw tossed around was to have the result of a plusle/minun breeding be a white and light purple normal-type neutral mouse called Neutris or something like that. i.e. The positive and negative cancel each other out and you get a pokemon with no electric powers. Pretty pointless but kind of cool, no?

Another cool-but-pointless one would be to have gynandromorph pokemon. In some birds and insects, an animal can develop so that one half of it is made up of male cells and the other of female cells, and where there is significant sexual dimorphism, then the animal will look like two spliced together. Check out that chicken!

So it would be really bizarre to have a half nidoking-half nidoqueen, or half volbeat-half illumise. Completely pointless but cool. :D

I'm hoping there'll be a scizor evolve form also. Maybe thats what the steel/bug mantis pokemon is... I mean scyther IS a mantis... A snorlax evolve form would be cool. maybe if it was ALWAYS asleep or something... like its effect made it sleep. A tropius/carnevine would be good, also. Solrock/Lunatone evo.s would be neat also.... hmm so many pokemon need evolve forms... they should make a pokemon game with no NEW pokemon, just evolve forms from previous versions.

Keleri said:
One idea I saw tossed around was to have the result of a plusle/minun breeding be a white and light purple normal-type neutral mouse called Neutris or something like that. i.e. The positive and negative cancel each other out and you get a pokemon with no electric powers. Pretty pointless but kind of cool, no?

Another cool-but-pointless one would be to have gynandromorph pokemon. In some birds and insects, an animal can develop so that one half of it is made up of male cells and the other of female cells, and where there is significant sexual dimorphism, then the animal will look like two spliced together. Check out that chicken!

So it would be really bizarre to have a half nidoking-half nidoqueen, or half volbeat-half illumise. Completely pointless but cool. :D

Somehow, I really doubt that would happen. Not that it doesn't look interesting, but it also looks kinda...silly.

Whonii said:
I'm hoping there'll be a scizor evolve form also. Maybe thats what the steel/bug mantis pokemon is... I mean scyther IS a mantis...

I think Ononokusu could be. It's a steel/bug mantis pokemon. I would be REALLY happy if it is an evo.

Another good idea would be an alternate evo for Bunneary. We all know the stereo type that Lopunny holds, so I think it'd be cool if they made an alternate evo where Bunneary evolved into some warrior bunny thing, and it would look more masculine than its counterpart. And maybe another would be for Sableye, which doesn't evolve at all so it'd be welcome :)

52Crossroads

Formerly Gya
i dont think that we will ever see an evo for sableye or spiritomb. they already have no type weaknesses, so if the evolved they would become juggernauts of destruction. i wouldnt complain if they did, everyone could use a good juggernaut. but i just dont think its that likely.
and i agree with the loppuny thing. they should do with it what they did with gardevoir. and for heavens sakes, give luvdisc an evo!

Gya said:
i dont think that we will ever see an evo for sableye or spiritomb. they already have no type weaknesses, so if the evolved they would become juggernauts of destruction. i wouldnt complain if they did, everyone could use a good juggernaut. but i just dont think its that likely.
and i agree with the loppuny thing. they should do with it what they did with gardevoir. and for heavens sakes, give luvdisc an evo!

I totally agree with you Gya. A Sableye evo would be cool, but a Spiritomb is way more unlikely. Spiritomb is practicly a legendary, because you can only get one in the whole game. But the Loppuny thing is a good idea. I don't really like Loppuny's cause even though I'm a girl, I find that they are too girlish. They... just annoy me. But a Luvdisc evo is a total yes! We apsolutly need a huge, evil love-heart fish! ;)

Gya said:

Male lopunny would be cool. like a warrior thing maybe. Also a male combee evo would be neat. Torkoal would be good also. Like a giant, old turtle. We need more fire types, anyways. Also a kangaskhan prevo, it would be the joey that goes in Kang's pouch.

I think a Luvdisc evo would work too. What would be cool is if it became a 3-stage evolution: you'd start at Luvdisc, it would evolve, and then, in some way, it could either evolve into a big heart-thing, or a broken heart-thing. I don't know, just an idea.

I think Plusle and Minun have to evolve, and so do Miltank, Sableye, Mawile, Castform, Kekleon, Absol, (And a pre evolution for Absol) Spinda, Volbeat, Illumise, Mighteyena, Houndoom, Corsola, Jynx, Quilfish, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Smeargle, Stantler, Delibird, Girafirig, Aerodactyl and a pre evolution for Kangaskan! I named most of the pokemon with no evolutions!! Huff... Puff... faints.

Blarg said:
I think a Luvdisc evo would work too. What would be cool is if it became a 3-stage evolution: you'd start at Luvdisc, it would evolve, and then, in some way, it could either evolve into a big heart-thing, or a broken heart-thing. I don't know, just an idea.

Your wish has came true... without the broken heart or whatever. Well anyways... you called it. Congrats! :D
I dont like that luvdisc evo, though. I dont like luvdisc in the first place... so... lol

Whonii said:
Blarg said:

Your wish has came true... without the broken heart or whatever. Well anyways... you called it. Congrats! :D
I dont like that luvdisc evo, though. I dont like luvdisc in the first place... so... lol

I don't think that was confirmed as a luvdisc evo

lucario123 said:
I think infernape shoud have a dragon type evolution

Um...*calls Professor Rowan*

Anyway, I think there should be a Four-Stage evolutionary line, you know, exclusive to like ONE pokemon (or, in this case, four). I mean, Gen V is already introducing the bizarre crap, so why not include that? Seriously.

Well, Pokemon I want to see SPECIFICALLY with evolutions:

I want Miltank to have a Pre-Evolution that's like a baby calf that's name is...I don't know, Milkie? But, I don't know how that would work because all Miltank are female...*calls for a Ditto*

I think Smeargle needs an evolution and Pre-Evolution. One named Sketchy and the other...Arteest! And Dunsparce needs both also. I don't even want to come up with an idea for those though, since Dunsparce is my least favorite Pokemon of the 520+

Not really new evolutions, but I'd like to see "punctuation" Unowns.

Like Asterisk (*) Unown! Ampersand (&) Unown! Asperand (@) Unown!

Then again I'd probably just ignore them entirely like I have since Pokémon Silver. :<

It'll probably never happen, but an alternate final evolution of each of the original starter ppokemon. A Dragon/Fire type pokemon for Charmeleon that doesn't have any wings, an evolution of Ivysaur where the flower covers its entire body and an evolution of Wartotle that is slim and agile.

Another evolution path I would love to see extended is the slowpoke one. Both Slowbro and Slowking will have two new evolutions so that Slowpoke will have a possible 4 final forms. Slowbro will evolve into either Slowman by level or Slowsir by levelling up holding a new item, Tie Rock. Slowking will evolve into either Slowpriest or Slowlord depending on random values.

ZANGOOSE EVOLUTION FTW!!! Well, as you probably guessed, I once again am for the idea to improve Zangoose. I mean DURRH ::).
Azerake said:
I named most of the pokemon with no evolutions!! Huff... Puff... faints.
Why didn't you name Zangoose? It's a mystery. Anyway, they should name it...ZORTN AFTER MEEE!!

Lord Zortn said:
ZANGOOSE EVOLUTION FTW!!! Well, as you probably guessed, I once again am for the idea to improve Zangoose. I mean DURRH ::).
Azerake said:
I named most of the pokemon with no evolutions!! Huff... Puff... faints.
Why didn't you name Zangoose? It's a mystery. Anyway, they should name it...ZORTN AFTER MEEE!!

If they were to make a Zangoose evo they would have to do Seviper as well. Although I like Zangoose more than Seviper, I think that Seviper's evolution would be better than Zangoose's. He would have something like a giant battle axe blade on the back of its tail while Zangoose's would have the biggest claws ever... Seviper's will be called Majorconda while Zangoose's will be called Mongorell (Not Zortn... that would be awful...)

ProfessorHibiki said:
I want Miltank to have a Pre-Evolution that's like a baby calf that's name is...I don't know, Milkie? But, I don't know how that would work because all Miltank are female...*calls for a Ditto*
The Hitmons had a baby, as did Jynx, and they're all bound to their respective genders. Remember that you can breed with other pokemon as long as its in the same egg group :)

Dunsparce...if Luvdisc is getting an evolution, then Dunsparce had better get one as well.

Maybe two different evolutions, like one Dunsparce evo is Normal/Ground and the other is Normal/Flying. One could dig tunnels through the ground, the other could dig tunnels through clouds.

Banette. I always viewed Banette as a counterpart to Dusclops, so I was a bit surprised when Dusclops got an evolution and Banette didn't.

It could be called either Grisnette or Baneteer.

Farfetch'd, Delibird and Chatot could have some interesting evolutions. Farfetch'd could have a Fighting/Flying (or Normal/Fighting) evolution, Delibird could have an Ice/Fighting evolution and Chatot could have a Normal/Psychic evolution.

Corsola, Quilfish, Relicanth, Castform and Cherrim could have some interesting evolutions. In fact, Cherrim's evolution line could become a parallel to Roselia's.

Wow you people forgot one of the coolest looking fire pokemon that has only two evolutions (besides houndoom but you already thought of him)... You ready? Hehe ill tell you... Arcanine! He should evolve into a badass wolf with the type fire.. Or instead evolve him into a fire and ice type wolf... Yeah yeah yeah i know what your thinking (but fire is the opposite of ice)well guess what? They made a fire and steel type and a water and ground type and ground is the complete opposite of water(besides fire) so they can make a fire and ice type too. But if they just made him fire then i guess i wouldnt mind..

If they were to make a Zangoose evo they would have to do Seviper as well. Although I like Zangoose more than Seviper, I think that Seviper's evolution would be better than Zangoose's. He would have something like a giant battle axe blade on the back of its tail while Zangoose's would have the biggest claws ever... Seviper's will be called Majorconda while Zangoose's will be called Mongorell (Not Zortn... that would be awful...)

I hate to burst your bubble, dude, but Dusclops and Banette were counterparts in the same way that Zangoose and Seviper were, and Dusclops got a third form, while Banette did not. It's unlikely that even one of the two Pokemon mentioned will get a second form. But it is duly deserved, believe you me.

I think they should bring out 3 Stage Evolotions,
Like:

th_weedlelookingdude.png
arrow-1.png
13.png
arrow-1.png
14.png
arrow-1.png
15.png

That guy lo0oks like a weedle. A younger weedle anyway. But tht would mess up the connection with real life caterpillars. Caterpillar-->Cacoon-->Butterfly/Moth.

TOS said:
I think they should bring out 3 Stage Evolotions,
Like:

th_weedlelookingdude.png
arrow-1.png
13.png
arrow-1.png
14.png
arrow-1.png
15.png

That guy lo0oks like a weedle. A younger weedle anyway. But tht would mess up the connection with real life caterpillars. Caterpillar-->Cacoon-->Butterfly/Moth.

That would make the first one I forget his name so I'll call him bug-in-a-leaf useless. What is he gonna evolve at level 3 and know only splash untill he evolves

Maybe a seperate evolution path for Bellsprout that turns into a giant tree with posion fruit. It could have an awesome signature move where it throws the apples (just like in wizard of oz)

Sableye and Mawile could do with some cool evolutions I could do with another awesome steel type,
I agree that Pinser should have an evolution (afterall Syther has one)
Also Pachirisu is quite weak at a high level dispite how cute it is so I want it to evolve to a kickass but cutish looking squirrel like bunery and flopbunny :D

charmander91 said:
That would make the first one I forget his name so I'll call him bug-in-a-leaf useless. What is he gonna evolve at level 3 and know only splash untill he evolves
That was just an example. But 4 stage evoulutions would be cool.

I think a scyther pre evolution would be pretty cool or a evoultion of toxicroak or an evoultion of pinsir i think that would be epic :p

I reckon the male equivalent to milotic needs to be made. It can come from a male feebas who's toughness is maxed. Also new evolutions for venomoth, mawlie, muk, lapras, shuckle and an alternative evolution for shellder. It could be the thing on slowbros tail. And finally an evolution for sharpedo. I think I've said all the ones I want.

They need another evolution of Exeggcutor called Exeggcutive... I just had to make that pun.

UPDATE: Hitmonjet and Hitmonchuck... anyone?

French Toasta said:
They need another evolution of Exeggcutor called Exeggcutive... I just had to make that pun.

UPDATE: Hitmonjet and Hitmonchuck... anyone?

You are the greatest person ever. But in all honesty, anything could happen. Christ, after the already-useful Magneton got an evolution, all of those are within range.

ratsmilk said:
I reckon the male equivalent to milotic needs to be made. It can come from a male feebas who's toughness is maxed. Also new evolutions for venomoth, mawlie, muk, lapras, shuckle and an alternative evolution for shellder. It could be the thing on slowbros tail. And finally an evolution for sharpedo. I think I've said all the ones I want.

That's one of the best ideas I've seen on this topic