• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Evolutions

What new evolutions would you like to see? I personally would like to see an Unown evolution, so it would give people reason to use the damn thing! I also drew a Stantler evolution waaaaay back that looked like a reindeer and was Normal/Ice.

EDIT: This topic can also cover pre-evos, so post your ideas on those to.

Unown evolution would be pointless, but Stantler wouldn't be too bad. Honestly the only evolutions I want to see right now are the starter's full forms. <.<;

I'd like to see a Grass/Flying evolution for Farfetch'd named Unleekly. x) I like your Normal/Ice reindeer idea, blarg. I also wish that Rapidash got a flying unicorn evolution. Pinsir also needs some love, I think-- maybe it could turn into a giant beetle centaur thing like the crypt lords in Warcraft.

I'd be glad to see some of the gimmicky pokemon get evolutions that make them less crappy. :/ Luvdisc should have a Magikarp-->Gyarados type evolution. Octillery or Corsola could probably use an evolution.

I think an unown evolution would be kinda cool.

They really need to get steel and fighting eeveelutions and if not that evolve the eeveelutions that they have already like eevee -->vaporeon-->watareon

A

Anonymous

Evolving an eeveelution seems stupid, it takes the point away from eeveelutions, plus all the eeveelutions stats are too high to be evolved anyway. I would like to see NEW eeveelutions though, and I like the idea of Stantler having a normal/ice reindeer-like evolution. But maybe it could have two different evolutions! A reindeer-like evolution(ice/normal), a moose evolution(normal/water). Maybe it could become either the reindeer one or the moose one at different areas by leveling up. I've thought about evolving unown and decided that its not all that great of an idea, unown isn't supposed to be used online you just catch them to unlock certain things in the game, they don't need to be any better than they are now. There are my to american cents in the matter of ideas for new evolutions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really remember anymore, but I think I heard they were making a Miltank or Tauros evolution.I personally would want to see a Scyther Pre-evolution though. I like Scyther and Scizor but what would they give to a Pre-evo for hands?

Seeing a Tropius evolution would be pretty cool. And a few new Eeveeltions would be nice, like a Dragone one and a Steel one. Also a Stantler evolution that could go two ways id pretty cool. But what we really need is a Kricketune evolution to make it more useful. I mean, it's okay, but there is always room for improvement.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Kibetou said:
I don't really remember anymore, but I think I heard they were making a Miltank or Tauros evolution.

Pure speculation. Beyond the Pokemon that we've already seen revealed by the official sites and Corocoro (and the most obvious evolutions like those for the starters), all others are nothing more than rumors.

That said, I've also been wanting to see evolutions or pre-evolutions for those two. Like Keleri, I'd like to see a lot of our one-staged Pokemon receive some sort of evo, although possibly not this generation. It'd be nice if the majority of our Pokemon this time 'round were brand new (like Gen 3).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I don't want Tankie to get an Evolution. I love her just the way she is ;______;

A joint pre-evo of her and Tauros could be nice though, since they do seem linked. If she does get an evo, it'd better be a good one and not something like Magmortar <<

I'd like this Gen to be mostly new stuff too, since Gen 4 saw a lot of Evos for previous Pokemon.

As for who I'd like to get an evo... Dunsparce all the way. Those wings shall be large and pretty :D

I would love to see a Kecleon evolution and a Stantler evolution most of all.

Kecleon has an intresting movepool but lacks the stats to be a competitive pokemon, Stantler has a simikar problem. Lack fo stats is easily fixed with evolution.

Linkachu said:
I'd like to see a lot of our one-staged Pokemon receive some sort of evo, although possibly not this generation. It'd be nice if the majority of our Pokemon this time 'round were brand new (like Gen 3).

This. We should get 100 completely new pokemon, with new evolutions/pre-evos and legendaries as extra to that. Gen 4 had way too many new evos (that you couldn't get until after the elite four!) and not enough new pokemon.

New evolutions, eh? If any, I want to see some evolution for Pinsir. I was freaked out by earwigs as a kid, as I was told that they could pinch off toes and crawl into your ear to kill your brain. If something like a really scary earwig was made for Pinsir, I would be psyched.

I would like for Farfetch'd and Qwilfish to get evos because I think it would really put these Pokemon on people's radars like Roserade did for Roselia. Plus I think both have the potential to be really cool. But like Katie, Keleri, and Magpie, I want the majority of the new Pokemon to be brand new lines--that's part of what made Gen III so much fun. I think Sinnoh and DPPt really suffered from the large amount of evolutions and the obscene number of legendaries so I'd rather not see that repeated in Gen V. And while I don't think Tauros and Miltank need an evolution, I still want them to have a shared Pre-evo that evolves based on gender. And is it wrong that I want male Combee to get an evolution?

lucario123 said:
I think infernape shoud have a dragon type evolution

Words just failed me :o

When you say male Combee evo, I can only think of the king ants with wings that fly off to impregnate some queen-to-be. :p I think something along that line sounds good.

lucario123 said:

So, I herd u know nothing of teh rulez of Pokemanz, ey?

Three stages only. Basic, First, Second. (Or Baby/Basic/First, if you look at Clefairy and Pikachu and Jigglypuff and whatnot)

Plus, Infernape is a Starter Pokemon, who already has two types.

There's another rule of Pokemon. Two types only.

That might sound pushy or rude, but I'm just trying to state the facts.

As for evos I want...

Tropius, Absol (maybe), Qwilfish, Miltank/Taurous prevo, Heracross, Scizor (maybe), Houndoom (maybe), Stantler

I would like to see legendary evolutions. Like Dialga evolve into some stronger time Pokemon, and the new Pokemon Zekrom (The Black Yin Pokemon.) That would be AWESOME! 8)

A

Anonymous

lucario123 said:
pokemonfreak387 said:
I would like to see legendary evolutions. Like Dialga evolve into some stronger time Pokemon, and the new Pokemon Zekrom (The Black Yin Pokemon.) That would be AWESOME! 8)
God, I love idiots... They give me a reason to laugh once in a while. I mean seriously, if you know jackshit about Pokemon, why join a mainly pokemon related forum? What sense does that make? Unless you're learning about pokemon in the help section, aww man, I'm sorry, I just found this to be hilarious...

Also, I'm thinking, Maybe absol would do well with a prevo, maybe an evo too, but I'd really prefer it to have a prevo. Also I'm staying by Stantler having a reindeer and a Moose evolution! GO MOOSES! FTW! Also I stand with everyone who said that Miltank and Tauros should share a prevo, it would be kickass.

iFlare said:
God, I love idiots... They give me a reason to laugh once in a while. I mean seriously, if you know jackshit about Pokemon, why join a mainly pokemon related forum? What sense does that make? Unless you're learning about pokemon in the help section, aww man, I'm sorry, I just found this to be hilarious...

Couldn't agree more man but to get back on topic I think pulse/minun might benefit from a evolution

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
iFlare said:
lucario123 said:
pokemonfreak387 said:

Member bashing isn't allowed. It's not funny, and it's not helpful either. Next time you find something incredibly incorrect, explain why it is... Don't be a jerk and bash people.

You've been warned. Don't let it happen again.

Oh, lemesee.... I'd liketo have evo's for Lucario, Absol, Houndoom, Tropius, Skarmory, Mightyena, Rapidash, *gasps*Plusle, Minum, Sandslash, Bronzong, that's about it. Gen 4 did a great job with more evo's, and I hope Gen 5 will, too.

We also need a Kangaskhan pre-evo. We need to know what that thing in it's pouch is! I mean, in the games, they are all born with them and when breeding, they come out with them! I mean, they aren't transported into eggs or something... I mean really?

Actually, I remember the Anime episode when Kangaskhan first appeared, and they just said it was a baby version. Sorta like the thing on Slowbro's tail and Slowking's head, they only said it was a shellder (though I thought I heard them refer to that thing as something else ???)

Anyway, I think that Houndoom, Lucario, Stanler, Dunsparce, Primape, and Marowak could use evolutions, but I also would like for some others to have alternate evos, like Dragonair (Honestly, I only want one for him because Dragonite just looks like he lost a chromosome during evolution.), Luxray, Pupitar, and maybe Flaaffy (Simply because I think it could get a badass evo.). As for others, I would like pre-evos for Tauros, maybe Houndour if not an evo for Houndoom, and maybe Eevee.

A

Anonymous

pokemonfreak387 said:
so what their legendaries, they could still evolve.
Name one legendary that evolves, and Manaphy and Phione don't count because it isn't an actaul evolution, and neither does Shaymin, because its still shaymin when it changes forms, its just a slight change in cry. Plus the two legendary pokemon you stated were uber and on the stat list they are(and will be for Zekrom) tied for #1 with Arceus, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, ect. So there's no point to evolving them anyway.

iFlare said:
So there's no point to evolving them anyway.

Agreed. The biggest advantage to evolutions, is the stat upgrades, and sseing as most legendaries already have amazing stats, it would be pointless.

Itd be cool to have a taurus/ miltank prevo that, depending on the gender evolves into taurus/miltank also a tropius, probopass(could be the middle pokemon in the 3v3 battle in the trailer), sharpedo, pinsir, and also, more than all infernape evolve that is dragon. (lol jk)

iFlare said:
pokemonfreak387 said:
so what their legendaries, they could still evolve.
Name one legendary that evolves, and Manaphy and Phione don't count because it isn't an actaul evolution, and neither does Shaymin, because its still shaymin when it changes forms, its just a slight change in cry. Plus the two legendary pokemon you stated were uber and on the stat list they are(and will be for Zekrom) tied for #1 with Arceus, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, ect. So there's no point to evolving them anyway.
(Not again)

Ok, maybe I went a little off of evolutions, It was just an opinion. We don't need to fight about it like when I suggested Space-type. Now I agree, no legendary evolutions. New Evolutions: Tangrowth evolution. Persian evolution (probably a Tiger or Lion)

Shiro said:
lucario123 said:

So, I herd u know nothing of teh rulez of Pokemanz, ey?

Three stages only. Basic, First, Second. (Or Baby/Basic/First, if you look at Clefairy and Pikachu and Jigglypuff and whatnot)

Chances are good somewhere along the line they'll make fourth evolutions, just not now.I mean,they came up with triple battles, so, I dunno.

Anyway, we need a rose-based evo of Tangela :p

Also, a lapras pre-evo would be cute, maybe gotten by breeding lapras while holding the wave incense or something ^.^

Blarg said:
Agreed. The biggest advantage to evolutions, is the stat upgrades, and sseing as most legendaries already have amazing stats, it would be pointless.

I agree it would be pointless, but I wouldn't say it would never happen. We got a breedable legendary (Manaphy) that hatched into an unevolving, weaker bootleg form that was completely pointless. It's more likely that we'd get more legendaries with alternate formes instead of evolutions, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that an evolving legendary is impossible. Each successive generation has surprised everyone.

Well I think, and I'm probably the only one who does, but I think that there should be a Relicanth evolution. Now, I guessing that most of you probably forgot that the poor little Rock/Water type even exists, but let's be honest everyone does. But that's the point. The thing is just /there/ it doesn't really do anything that is appealing (aside from having a base defense of 130, which is pretty nice) but that's it.

I'd like to see it gain an evolution that plays with its typing a bit, I really like the idea of a water/rock type aside from the obvious ones like Corsola and the fossils. I mean, honestly, Relicanth has an interesting design, and I think that an evo for the poor overlooked thing would make it more appealing and give it a good new look. Though, Gamefreak probably forgot that the thing is even there, so who knows.

52Crossroads

Formerly Gya
ill be happy if they evolve dunsparce. give it a reason for existence. but i also think that heracross is overdue for some love.
relicanth shouldnt evolve. they would be going against the pokedex, which states that it hasnt changed for a hundred million years.

T3hCookingGagaAlejandro said:
Oooh. I'd like to see a Zangoose/Seviper evo. If one evolves, both of them will. Maybe we'll see some rabid cat, and an epic viper! :[]

That's sounds really cool. Just one thing: Zangoose is definitely not a cat. Its a mongoose, for crying out loud. Mongooses and snakes are natural enemies, that's why they're a pair. That is all, class dismissed.