• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Detective Pikachu Trailer and Details Revealed

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
story-character2.png

Updated 09/03/2018: Sadly, there’s a possibility that the Detective Pikachu demo will only be made available in Japan. We’ll let you know if this changes in the future!

A new English trailer has been published for the upcoming 3DS title Detective Pikachu. Take look at the trailer below!

While the UK version of the trailer only showcases the game's release date and the special Detective Pikachu Amiibo, the North American trailer also highlights a promotion for a free Detective Pikachu 3DS Theme - presumably implying that the promotion is North American only.

HJbsEc39gobla1D21pj9vwGZcx14XUx-.png

As detailed on Nintendo.com, if you pre-order Detective Pikachu from the 3DS eShop or Nintendo.com (starting March 3rd at 9:00am PST) or starting March 23rd purchase it digitally/physically on the 3DS eShop, Nintendo.com, or from select retailers, you'll receive a bonus code for the 3DS theme. This offer ends on April 22nd, 2018, and the codes must be redeemed by December 31st, 2018.

We've also learned that a demo for Detective Pikachu will be available via the 3DS eShop at some point in early March (date currently unknown). If you download and play through the demo you'll later be able to transfer your save data to the full version of the game.

This retail version of Detective Pikachu releases worldwide March 23rd, 2018. In the meantime, we'll let you know if more information crops up for it!

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumping to bring attention to my amendment for this article. As of my writing this, Japan has received the Detective Pikachu demo but there’s currently no evidence to suggest that the West will be getting it, too (not helped by the fact that yesterday’s Nintendo Direct showed off Detective Pikachu but made zero mention of the demo). I’d like to hope that we’ll receive it in the near future but all we can do is wait and see.

Sorry in advance if we don’t end up getting it after all! :(