• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join New Beginnings

She was walking through the forest watching how all the Pokemon were enjoying themselves as she made herself smile before coming into view with a huge part of a hidden forest that seemed to have a waterfall as she was amazed by the view. She came closer to it before Ribbon nudged her to get her attention. "What is it Ribbon?"she asked her. "Ee! Eevee!"she used her paw to point in the direction she wanted to look. She followed Ribbon's gesture until she saw four figures of Pokemon that seemed to be deer like before they came into perfect view revealing to be Sawsbuck of all the season forms, Summer,Winter,Autumn,and Spring.

"Wow, Sawsbuck and of all seasons....this is a rare sighting..."she said gently smiling at them. She sat down as she opened her violin case hoping to get their trust by the music she plays. She placed the violin on her cheek to steady it before she closed her eyes and started to play the beautiful melody. The four Sawsbuck seemed to love the sound of the melody coming from the violin as they all seemed to smile at the beautiful sound they were hearing before closing their eyes as they went a bit closer to her. She had the moment to take out her camera and take a picture of the four seasons of Sawsbuck as a memory before continuing to play the beautiful melody to the Sawsbuck as they seemed to laid down next to her. She smiled gently loving to be around the Pokemon as her song echoed to the Pokemon around her.-

Anthony could hear Madison yelling from across the lake. He looked over and saw her arguing with Zander. “Figures those two wouldn't get along,” he said to himself.

Brandon had wandered off yet again, this time wandering towards the mountains. He could hear many sounds in the distance; music coming from a violin, Madison’s voice, fiery attacks coming from in front of him, and the sounds of the many Pokémon of the forest. Brandon walked out of the forest and saw Shaynuh and her Charmander standing outside the cave, facing none other than Peter, who for some reason had blood on his hands and shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“We need to formulate a plan of attack.”

Jax, Chance, and Griffin were sitting around in their fort in the mountains. They were told to go after the survivors.

“Jax, go to the lake and find the girl with the Gible you mentioned, as well as any other people with her,” Chance said. “I will go to the base of the mountains and search the area. Griffin, scan the forests and the beach for any others.”

“Good plan,” Jax said, “except for the fact that there’s also a desert, a tundra, and a savannah in this region. Who will search there?”

“Yeah, we need to work this out a little better than that, Chance,” Griffin said, jumping in. “Someone needs to go to the desert and look there. Also, what about that old hospital?”

Peter held his hands up as a sign of peace. "Woah, calm down. It's just blood from my hands," he explained. He held up his palms to show the scars from his nails. The palms still had smeared blood on them. "I didn't mean to startle you. I better keep moving," he said as he looked down at the Charmander with distastefulness. He examined the blood on his shirt and zoned out. Almost in a trance at the sight of the red substance.

Last edited:
She finished her song with the Sawsbuck before placing her violin back in her case before closing it shut as she stood up. "I wish I could stay but I must go, I don't want to reveal you to other trainers"she smiled gently before looking down at Ribbon. "Come on Ribbon" "Ee-vee!"she said leaping on her shoulder. "Take care of yourselves Sawsbuck" "Sawsbuck! Saws!"they said smiling seeing her walk away but the Summer form Sawsbuck seemed to want to go with her as she looked to her from a distance. "Saws..buck?". She made her way out of the hidden passage covering the entrance really well before continuing on the forest path. She had to find somewhere to sleep for the night but she was having trouble. "Ribbon...would we be able to find a place to sleep soon...its going to get dark soon"she asked her. "Eevee...."was all she said as she looked around cautiously.

Shaynuh stared at the boy as he seemed to be fixated on his blood covered hands, making her feel more nervous and wary of him. The look Charmander was given by the boy caused the pokemon to glare at Peter, the flame on his tail growing bigger and brighter. She had no interest in battling this boy, feeling no need to do so as she calmly walked past him, her Charmander following behind while still glaring at Peter.

"Time to find food and water, Charmander." she said, planning on searching for their next pokemon teammate after having some food and water to replenish their strength.

She took notice of another boy that had appeared, but said nothing else and focused on walking, preparing to follow the mountain side until they could find a source of water.

Unbeknownst to them, a Ghastly that had been watching the battle while remaining hidden, was curious to follow after Shaynuh and Charmander, amazed that they had rid the cave of the troublesome Aron that chased other pokemon away. Remaining invisible, the Ghastly shifted its attention to Peter as he stared at his hands, circling around him before stopping behind the boy to lick the back of his head.

Peter was lost in his own head. The images rushing past his mind of his old town going up in flames. The streets were ridden with bodies. He tried to move but- Slurp
He felt a tingle along the back of his neck. His hand immediately flew to his neck. Peter had a chill run through his body. The blood and scarring on him weren't boding well. Fearful of what may come, Peter raced to the edge of the forest. It abruptly ended and opened up to a savannah. The open plain was just begging to be treked. A small tree was standing proudly in the center of the field. Peter made it his goal to make it to that tree.

As he stepped foot onto the dry grass, he felt more at peace. Though his flashbacks haunted him, they were still a part of who he was. He couldn't run or hide from them. Nor could he just erase it from his memory in a flash. They were permanent- perpetual.

She remained still in the forest before coming upon a mountain like area that seemed to have a path to go up. She made her way up slightly until she saw a view just at the top. "Wow....so pretty"she smiled enjoying the view as a sudden wind blew through. "Eevee!"Ribbon smiled agreeing. She saw a spot to sit at as she sat down just slightly on the edge where her legs rested off of. She placed her violin case down and opened it before resting it towards her cheek before she began to play the beautiful melody coming from the violin. It seemed to echo into a further distance as Pokemon seemed to gather around her one by one, attracted to the melody. This also gave a certain deer Pokemon attracted to it instantly as she followed after the melody and an unknown one from a more further distance.-

Scarus arrived back at his camp on the sands and looked around. Aside from the Venipede, which was still following him, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. He let his Trapinch and Sawk out of their balls and said to the Venipede, “Come over here. I’m gonna feed you.” Scarus pulled several Pokepuffs from his bag and gave them to each of the 3 Pokémon, being sure to match the favorites of each one. Then, he lit a fire and began to cook his own dinner, a Cinnabar Island Steak. He also had s’mores, but he wasn’t gonna have them yet.

Peter took a deep breath and started to tread across the open field. He heard a faint sound of grass crunching. Whirling around, he was face-to-face with a Seviper. The eight-foot-tall Poison Type bared it's fangs in glee. It struck with lightning speed and it's scimitar fangs would have stuck two matching holes in Peter's body had he not dove out of the way.

The twin dagger-like fangs stuck into the ground like spears. It pulled them out and they were smeared with dirt and mud. Seviper shook it's head until all the muck was off. This gave Peter time to run away and try and make it to the tree. Seviper sprang after him with astounding agility. Desperately, Peter clambered up the tree.
The tall, scaly Pokemon slammed it's pointy tail against the tree as Peter climbed atop the branches. He floundered and grabbed hold of a thick branch with his feet dangling.

Collax simply listened and watched, with nothing more to say as Zander and Orion scuffled about for a moment. After the mention of missing people, Collax shook his head as Madison exclaimed her lack of any knowledge of the situation. And then proceed to gloat, once again.

However, before he got around to saying anything, Zander was on Madison's ass about selfishness. Collax didn't even need to think to know where that conversation would lead. He had been in plenty of talks with her to know exactly how she would respond. As Zander walked off, Collax considered his actions. He realized that Zander's attitude was similar to his own, however, not in a good way. It reminded Collax of how quickly he was to shove Madison off for the same reasons, initially. Though, it would be hypocritical of him to point it out, so he said nothing as Zander stepped off.

When Madison began to rant, however, he once again stopped himself from saying anything. He stood with his hands in his pockets as she went on her full tangent again, insulting anything and everyone, calling herself the queen. Her overconfidence and belligerence was sometimes astounding. Yet Collax found himself used to it by now. He hadn't been with her for more than a few days, and already he was alright with listening to her. He didn't even so much as frown.

When she was eventually finished, he looked at her and grinned wider.
"Yep. I did promise, didn't I? And I'm not one to break promises. But, ignoring all that, consider this for just a second." He stepped forward towards the lake, overlooking the lapping waters in a moment of silence. "Not everybody grew up the same way you did, Maddie. Not everybody acts or thinks the same way. Some people just see things differently. Hell, sometimes, they do things that other people call crazy or rude, when they only want to help. Sometimes, their moral compasses don't point to the same north as our own. If everybody thinks differently, that means one person don't control what's right or wrong, or what's what." He realized he lost the point he was trying to relay. "..What I mean is, Maddie, no matter where you come from, what you've done, or where you are, you can't be right about everything. Ya just can't. That also means that you can't treat other people like dirt because they are. Or at least, you think they are. To them, you could be obnoxious and rude, but to you, they're the rude ones, and they're insane to address you like that. Now just 'cause you think you're right don't mean you are, so.. don't you think it's more sensible to try and see someone else's side of the story? Like, how would you react if someone stood over you and called ya a filthy peasant? Or went around saying they were queen, deserved to be, and rubbed it in your face?"

He thought for a moment, realizing that Madison might simply shut the idea down at hearing it. He couldn't predict how she would respond. Collax was hoping she would understand, or at least semi-agree, so that she wouldn't make more trouble for herself in the future. But then came the thought that, being who she was, Madison would completely disregard his statement as uneducated and ignore it. Surprisingly, however, Collax was alright with that. He didn't know why, but for whatever reason, he would completely accept it if Madison disagreed. He supposed it wouldn't be too big of a problem. And so, he stood in silence again, staring out over the lake, and waiting for Madison to respond.

She ended the song after as the Pokemon around her cried happily before disappearing back in the forest. She placed her violin back in her case before standing up picking it up by its handle. She made her way down the path but had suddenly missed stepped and tripped as she felt herself rolling a bit before hitting the bottom. "Ow....that hurt...ah..my ankle...it hurts..."she said trying to stand up but couldn't. "Ribbon..are you ok?"she asked her as she had fallen off her shoulder but had seen her get up shaking her pelt. "Eevee?"She said walking up to her. "Sorry...Ribbon...I don't think I can stand...and I don't know if anyone is around...."she said gently. "Eevee..."she said a bit worried. "Don't worry....Ribbon..."she said taking out there Pokeballs as she threw them up as the girls both came out. "Pop!" "Glameow!" "Bell...can you go with Ribbon to get something to wrap my ankle....I can't stand..."she said gently. "Meow!" Ribbon and Bell leaped off to get help. River stood with her for protection as she was worried for her. "Popplio..."she said looking at her. "Don't worry....River...I'm alright...just can't walk right now...."she said gently petting her.

She suddenly heard rustles in the distance as River stood in front of her instantly protecting her. An angry Ursaring seemed to appear suddenly as it seemed to go after her as she let out a scream. She waited for the attack to hit her but it didn't as she opened her eyes seeing a Sawsbuck in its Summer form stop him from attacking her with her antlers as she pushed him back hard before she stood in front of her protectively. "Your...that Sawsbuck...back in the forest...in the hidden passage...you followed me here..." She looked to her from behind as she gave a nod to her before facing the Ursaring. "Ursaring!" "Sawsbuck!" The summer form Sawsbuck and Ursaring went into a serious battle as she used Jump kick to keep it down a bit.

Bell and Ribbon heard her scream as they sped up a bit more before they saw some herbs that would help with the wrapping as they asked the grass type Pokemon for help to get it. Bell leaped up on the branch using her swirl tail to bring Ribbon up before reaching one and pulled it out. Bell leaped down thanking the grass type Pokemon for their help before the girls leaped off back to her.

The Sawsbuck was tough as she saw her fighting for her. He had gotten a huge hit of her with hammer arm but stood up instantly using Horn leech to regain it back then used Jump kick again before keeping her guard up as he went to one knee. "Saws! Sawsbuck!"she warned but he didn't listen to her as he stood up again before using Hammer arm again but her antlers blocked it quickly. In the end, the Sawsbuck and won against the Ursaring as it fell down before she approached her. "Saws...Sawsbuck..."she said lowering her head down to her. "Thank you...Sawsbuck...would you mind helping me up sweety...."she asked her gently. "Sawsbuck!"she said before leading her, her antler to grasp onto as she helped her stand but kept that injuried ankle up since she could put pressure on it.

"Thank you sweety..."she smiled gently. "Sawsbuck?"she licked her gently. She chuckled. "That tickles Sawsbuck" Bell and Ribbon had returned back after with the herbs. "Oh girls, you returned"she said grabbing the herbs. With Sawsbuck's assistance she was able to wrap her injured ankle well before she let her on her back. "Thanks girls, return for now"she said before Bell and River were sucked back into their Pokeballs as Ribbon leaped onto her shoulder.

She had made her way through the forest path on Sawsbuck back until she came across a dry savanna as the grass appeared in a sand like color. "Can you handle this weather Sawsbuck?" "Saws!" "Alright just let me know if something is wrong ok?"she said gently before Sawsbuck made her way throught the Savanna area. She had looked around cautiously until she saw a Seviper in the distance attacking something in the tree. When she looked more closely it had been the guy who was rudely mean to her dangling from a branch. "-Oh no....he's in trouble......even if he was rudely mean to me...I can't stand here and watch him get hurt...even if I don't get a thank you from him....I still want to help him...-"she thought. "Quickly Sawsbuck, he's in trouble"she said before she felt her leap off at full speed as she held on to her fur. Sawsbuck had used her antlers that were covered in green leaves to knock the Seviper in the air before using jump kick to knock it down to the ground as it hissed at her. She was standing next to the tree where he was dangling from as she looked up at him on Sawsbuck. "Are you alright...? Please...let go and get on Sawsbuck before more Seviper appear..."she said to him as she let out Bell to help Sawsbuck. "Bell use Iron tail" she said. "Meow!"Bell's tail uncurled before hitting the Seviper with iron tail hard being knocked down a bit.-

"T-thank you," he said reluctantly. He dropped onto Sawsbuck with the least grace possible. "Again, thanks, but I'm not letting this thing get away," he stated. Without hesitation, he sent out his two trusty Pokemon. "Ekans, Acid Spray. Dunsparce, Dig," he directed. Ekans blasted the Seviper with toxic blobs while Dunsparce burrowed underground. Within a few seconds, Dunsparce sprang up from beneath Seviper and knocked it into the air.

When it landed, the Seviper had been subdued. With it's body heaving from exhaustion, Seviper had lost. Thrilled with the victory, Peter climbed off of Sawsbuck and went to retrieve his Pokemon as well as his new one. He returned his Pokemon and walked up to the weakened Seviper. "You almost cost me my life," he began. "But now you will serve me for the rest of yours," he told it. Peter dug through his bag until he found an Ultra Ball. He tapped it against the Seviper's head and it was encapsulated in the black and yellow ball. With three rolls, the Poison Type was now Peter's.

"Well, now that my behind is saved, I guess we're parting ways? That's usually what happens to me," he said with his hands in his pockets.

She watched him leave before giving a smile gently. "Your welcome anything to help a friend...even if we really aren't...Take care of yourself and be careful"she said gently before going in the opposite direction from him. "-At least....he was nice to me.....that's all that matters....helping others....-" she thought. "Lets go Sawsbuck before we get jumped too"she said gently smiling. "Sawsbuck!"she said smiling before leaping off. She made her way through the dry savanna back to the forest terrain. Sawsbuck came to a walk as she was at an open area with water nearby. "We should rest here for now Sawsbuck, just lay down and rest"she said gently before Sawsbuck laid down. She sat on the ground as she wasn't really able to walk on her foot yet. "Sawsbuck? Did you follow me this whole time?" "Saws!" "Why sweety"she asked her pulling out an empty Luxury ball out of her bag by mistake before she saw her touch it with her nose being sucked in until it shook three times before make the click sound. She looked at it in surprise but smiled before letting her out. "Oh so that's what it was hehe you wanted to join me"she smiled sweety. "Sawsbuck!" "Alright, your nickname will be Forrest ok Forrest"she said. "Sawsbuck!" She giggled as she let out Bell and River to greet Forrest.-

"Thought so," he thought to himself. As she walked away, he felt a tugging in his chest. He wanted to befriend someone, but they've all hated him so far except for her. Ekans let himself out of his ball. "What're you doing," he asked looking down at the snake. It pointed behind them in the direction of the desert excitedly with his tail.
"Dude, we're not going over there. You know how much I hate the heat," he reminded him. Seviper and Dunsparce let themselves out as well. "How do they do that anyway," he asked himself. Seviper came up behind him and Dunsparce and Ekans knocked Peter onto her back.

The Fang Snake Pokemon slithered towards the dunes with Dunsparce and Ekans on her back as well. "If you didn't almost kill me, I'd resist," he complained. All three of them got plenty of rest while Seviper slinked towards the arid biome.

She felt that her ankle was a bit better to walk on but was now limping on it. Forrest was there beside her just in case she would suddenly fall as she was teaching Forrest, Bell, and River about coordinating moves with Ribbon. She had taken a break for now as she made her way to the dry Savanna area just not walking on it as she remained in the forest point. "-The savanna is hot...I hope he is alright in heat like this...-"she thought before looking up at the sky shading her eyes from the sun before feeling a nudge from Forrest holding a basket filled with water. "Oh you got the water well lets head back then sweety..."she smiled gently before slowly limping back to the camp site she set up with Forrest next to her. She placed the bucket of water down before gently grabbing a medium sized washing brush gently wetting it before going over to Forrest. "Lets get you cleaned up sweety ok" "Sawsbuck!"she smiled as she began to wash her down with the water then apply foam soup to her to clean her up as she smiled happily as Ribbon and the girls watched her wanting it as well as this caused her to giggle.-

The Ghastly has simply watched Peter run off before following after Shaynuh and Charmander, curious to see what they would do next. So far, they were continuing to follow the mountainside, searching intently for any water source that was available. Stopping for a moment, Shaynuh looked at the pokeball still held firmly in her hand, debating on whether or not to let the Aron out and see if it would help them find water.

The excited voice of her Charmander pulled her away from her thoughts as her eyes shifted to her pokemon, who was jumping and pointing at a tree bearing fruit that hung from the tree limbs. "Good job Charmander." she said with a smile, walking over to the tree.

She was able to reach the fruit, removing several pieces from the tree before setting them on the ground. Shaynuh stepped back as she released her recently caught pokemon, watching as it appeared in front of her, still furious and enraged. It was ready to charge at her, but its anger quickly disappeared as she presented a piece of fruit to the pokemon, holding it in front of the Aron as she waited to see what would happen.

Without hesitation, the Aron snatched the fruit in its jaws and ate the delicious tasting food eagerly. Charmander, relieved that the pokemon didn't hurt Shaynuh, tapped the Aron to show the pile of fruit that had been laid out, grabbing a piece for himself as he munched on the fruit.

Aron wasted no time in joining Charmander as they both ate, happy to have food in their stomachs and their strength replenished.

"I can't be right about everything," Madison repeated.

She had closed her tired eyes and listened to his every word, even as he stumbled trying to phrase things in ways that wouldn't provoke her.

"Well, I have yet to be proven wrong, Collax," she answered. "If someone stood over me and called me a filthy peasant, I would show them who the filthy peasant is. If someone went around saying they were queen, I would show them who the real queen is. Words are just words, until you back them up with actions. I was more than willing to challenge Zander to a battle of Pokémon, a battle of wits, or an entirely new trial on this island. Put the pompous jerk in his place. Prove that I command the very respect that I demand. But he ran, like a coward."

Collax's words were just words, and there was nothing in Madison's experience that substantiated them. Why should she see someone else's side of the story, when not a single person throughout her life had seen hers? There was a time when a younger Madison wanted to learn all about the world, all that she could from others. But after years of being told that she was better than her peers, raised with the singular focus of becoming an accomplished trainer, she carried the same mindset into the outside world. Her mother denied her their company for so long that Madison now denied it herself. Others were just obstacles in the way of her goal, and seeing things from their points of view would distract her. Empathy was a thing that she had never given nor received, a mere abstraction.

"One thing you should know about me," Madison added, "is that I'm not all talk. I get things done. We could sit here by the lakeside and chat all day, but we're accomplishing nothing. You must be getting tired of it, anyway."

Even as she doubted Collax, she was unwittingly seeing his side of the story, considering his potential boredom a valid reason to move on. Of course, this was not true empathy, as Madison was tired herself and simply assumed everyone felt the same way she did. She was really just feeding her ego with that appeal to Collax, getting a second voice to confirm that she was right. But perhaps it was a step in the right direction, paying attention to his feelings, if only when they should be in agreement with hers.

"To think that we could have such tumultuous conversations by such peaceful waters," she mused, becoming less absorbed and noticing the quiet surface of the lake. The sight mellowed her serious expression, and the words, too, softly rippled off her tongue as she continued. "In short, I simply disagree with you, Collax. Just because I think I'm right doesn't mean I am, you say, but I may as well be. If everybody thinks differently and no one controls what's right or wrong, then nobody knows what the objective right is. So why not stick with my own?"

Madison hoped that this would make her way of thinking more palatable to the boy. He was one of the few people she wasn't shouting down, one of the few to whom she bothered explaining these things. She didn't feel herself changing, but she was finding it easier to talk to him than anyone else.

"Now, let's get going. The forest and desert are nearby, but I learned last night that this jungle is vast where it doesn't end abruptly. We can return here to filter water or find a spring somewhere. Knowing Lasryn, we probably will," Madison smirked. "But where I have my sights set now is even more unusual in this dense rainforest: an empty clearing, where a Chansey revealed herself to me last night. It's a sign of good fortune, and I know there must be something special to that place if she appeared there. Now that the sun is up, I want to go back and see it, unobscured by the night."

Last edited:
She had finished grooming Forrest, Bell, Ribbon, and River after their bath before putting the brush away. "Now look how pretty you girls look"she smiled gently as they all smiled to her. She placed a purple bow on Bells tail close to her white fluff as she put flowers in the green forest leaves where Forrest's antlers were covered at on her before adding one close to her ear and a flower on Rivers head. "Now your done just a final touch"she smiled before the girls all gave a happy cry to her. She thought about the boy she had separated with in the dry savanna before looking into her bag having a spare fresh water with her. "-hm...he's must be at least thirsty like....very in that dry savanna...I think I should give it to him-"she thought before putting it back in her bag. She returned Bell and River before Ribbon leaped onto her shoulder as she went on Forrest's back. "Lets go Forrest back to the dry savanna,"she said before seeing her nod until she leaped off.

She made her way back into the Savanna before Forrest had walked on it. She looked around for the moment before seeing the boy in the distance with his Pokemon having fun with something. "Over there Forrest,"she said before she leaped off to him before going to a complete walk until stopping. She had got off her back before gently smiling. "I'm sorry to bother you again...but I was actually looking for you...I need to give you something....if that's ok..."she asked gently keeping her sweet smile as she looked at him.-

Seviper stopped dead in her tracks recognizing the girl. The immediate halt caused Dunsparce to slam into Peter's side and give him a rude awakening. "What's the deal, girl," he asked stroking the reptile's side. When he turned, he made eye contact with the girl who had saved him once before. "Oh, um hi," he replied turning a shade of red. His hair was in an untidy state with it flat on one side from laying on his Pokemon's back.

Seviper's tail raised into the air. She was about to slam the poor girl flat. In a frantic attempt, he brought out Seviper's Pokeball and returned her as soon as possible with only moments to spare. The three of them fell on the crunchy grass. "That was too close, I'm sorry that she has a bit of a vendetta against you," he facepalmed. Ekans was still out like a light. "So what did you have for me," he prompted.

She gently smiled before going into her back and pulled out a fresh water for him before walking up to him but limply because of her ankle. "It's ok really.....um but here....this is what I wanted to give you..."She said handling him the fresh water. "I thought you could use it to help....keep your thirst up I was just...a bit worried that you might collapse from the lack of water so I saved it for you"she smiled shyly but gently. "It's just hot here in the savanna so I just...thought I give you that"she shyly placed her hand on her neck as she was shy with other people as she followed by sitting down with him but kept distance to rest her hurt ankle as Forrest followed her laying down next to her as her front legs slightly folded as her covered antlers gave her shade from the direct sunlight. She looked to Forrest as she smiled gently petting her. "I hope..you don't mind if I sit here? If not that's ok.....I can get up...."she asked gently.

"It's fine. I'm gonna get going in a bit, but I'll sit here for a bit," he told her. Peter took the refreshing water gingerly. He trickled some water into Ekans' and Dunsparce's mouths. Afterward, he poured some onto his hand and winced slightly. His hand shook a bit as he opened and closed it. "Thanks for the water," he said gratefully. Peter drank a bit of the water as well and saved the rest for Seviper.

"Sorry for kinda insulting your music," he apologized bashfully. He held his wrist in his hand as he examined the scabbing marks on his hands. Peter's nails still had dried blood under them as well as his shirt.

She looked to him seeing his hand seemed a bit hurt before gently pulling out a small kit that held medical supplies inside just travel size. "Really...its ok.....not everyone likes the sound coming from the violin play I get negative and positive comments about it all the time so I'm learning to get use to it even if it is hard to....mind if I help your hand"she asked before gently patching up his hand as she used a medical leaf to tied down to cover it securely. "There you go, that makes it easier for you to use"she smiled gently. "You seem like...the kind of guy that could use a friend that can understand you.....I sort of know how it feels...to be misunderstood...."she said smiled gently but had a bit of sadness to it as she reverted her light blue eye towards the sky as her glasses seemed to reflect the sky she was looking at.

"Yeah, I guess so," he replied looking down at the yellow and brown grass. Peter took some off the ground. "I just want someone to talk to, be honest with, and just have someone to lo-... someone to look at the Murkrow with," he fibbed. He let go of the grass and let it drift away as a small tear crept to the corner of his eye.

Peter quickly wiped it away and sniffled. "So, what's your favorite type of Pokemon," he asked trying to veer from the topic or friendships.

She looked to him as she softly giggled. "Oh I see I hope you find someone like that"she said before answer his question. "Well, it would have to be a Sylveon which Ribbon here wants to evolve into right dear"she asked looking at her. "Eevee!"she smiled before accidently falling off her shoulder rolling a bit before catching her as she giggled a bit. "You alright Ribbon?" Ribbon shook her pelt as she touched the sandy dry grass before smiling. "Eevee!" she sat down moving her tail back and forth as she gently petted her. "What about you? What's yours?"she smiled gently before grabbing some water from her bag and a bowl as she placed water down for Forrest and Ribbon seeing them drink from it.

Last edited:
Collax released a quiet sigh, but he showed no other reaction. Madison, being as she was, somehow seemed to find a way to make a valid comeback to what he thought was perfectly unbreakable reasoning. It was astonishing, how well the girl could raise an argument in her favor. And her doing so could make people resort to losing their patience and forming any reasonable responses of their own. Whether she knew it or not, Madison was a genius as conversation. Collax, however, had built up the patience to tolerate it. So he stood in silence for another moment before turning back to face Madison.

"I ain't gonna argue about it any further. If you wanna go find that clearing of sorts, I'll follow. It's up to you. Heck, I can even take the filter with us if we need to. It ain't that heavy." He said, referring to the bucket that was full to the brim with sand, gravel, and charcoal. "We can hit the road whenever you want to, Maddie. All I'm real concerned with as of right now is t' keep us from dyin'. Food, water, all that fun stuff. Though, the ocean might be a real good place to go fishin', the jungle's probably heck thicker on food an' cleaner water. They're probably a bit more inland, too. Might well find a nicer place to stay the night than that old hospital. If not, I can always just build us a small little setup for a night or two. Jus' like you, Maddie... I can get shit done." The final line spoken with a cockeyed grin.

Collax stood at attention. His hands in his pockets, a slight slouch, one boot about three inches in front of the other, his trilby tilted slightly downwards, and his eyes straight forwards. Barkley flew up to sit atop his hat, Skorupi hopped in front, and Inkay clung to Collax's upper right forearm. Even if he did not look it, he was prepared to head out just about anywhere.

After eating his dinner, Scarus decided that it was time for dessert, grabbing s’mores ingredients. He cooked s’mores for all of his pokemon, even the wild Venipede, and after eating his, began to stand up, saying to his Pokémon, “Just ‘cause we had an early dinner doesn’t mean we’re done exploring. I’ve decided that I’m gonna try to get around that cliff to what’s beyond.”
Then, returning his Pokémon, he said to Venipede, “You can come or not. I don’t really care.”
And with that, Scarus walked off towards the left side of the beach and the cliff.

Scarus put one hand higher on the cliff, and he pulled himself up, but he was barely any closer to getting to the the top. He wasn’t too high up, so he let go and dropped to the ground. “I guess I’ve got to find another way past this. Pulling out his map, he looked intensely, and he only stopped looking when he noticed a small purple bug out of the corner of his eye. It was gesturing for him to follow it into the bushes. Scarus followed it and the island native led him to a way around the cliff. Once he was around, he could get a good view of the island, and he mappped out the entire thing. ‘Next up is the mountain.’ He thought, seeing its peak jutting out from the horizon for the first time since coming to the island. There was also a desert, which was much closer to him, just past the cliff, and he would have to pass through it to get to the mountain.

Scarus went back to his camp and picked it all up, giving some to Sawk, so that they would move to the mountain. Once they reached the desert, they decided that they could not reach the mountain before nightfall and set up on the cliff, lighting a fire, whose smoke obscured the beautiful view of the island.

"My favorite Pokemon? Well, I kind of like Poison and Dark Types. The only exception is Dunsparce," he stroked his Normal Type's head as he said that. "The only Pokemon I despise are Fire Types. Fire and Dragon Types," he said disgustedly.
More images blurred across his mind of his town in a blazing inferno. Ekans slithered to Peter's side and nudged him seeming to know what he was thinking.
"Thanks, buddy, you're the best," he praised his Pokemon.

She looked to him. "Oh I see....I would ask why but...that's personal to you so I won't ask...really...but I was maybe thinking of adding a Flygon but the first evolution of it only appears in a sandy desert...and maybe a Haxorus....but if you feel uncomfortable with them I won't add one even if I want to have one" she smiled gently placing her hand on her neck rubbing it gently. "Well I favor most types except maybe ghost types....hehe"she said leaving the part about them haunting her as she didn't want to add her problems to his plate. "Also....um there is something I wanted to ask you....if that's alright...before I have to leave...the sky is starting to get dark a bit..."she said looking up at the sky seeing the blue sky starting to darken.-

"Add them to your team. I don't care if you have them or not," Peter said losing a bit of the closeness they seemed to have. She didn't need to patronize him. Peter was worth more than that, and he knew it. He could beat her and her weak Pokemon with his own. "Ask away. I need to get moving," he said returning his Dunsparce and Ekans. Peter rose from the ground and brushed the dirt and grass off his clothes.

He brought out the Ultra Ball. "Ask quick, because my Seviper doesn't like you and I need her for protection and transportation," he rushed. Peter never should have let her get that close. Quickly, he tore off the bandage she put on his hand. The Pokeball was shaking now and he wasn't going to keep Seviper in her ball for long.

(sorry if this is a bit sloppy - tell me of any problems with the setting I'm in, or if my characters are doing something they shouldn't be. I've only roughly read up on the past events, and I just wanted to get my introduction off so it would be easier to edit and RP further later.)

Being alone as the sky slowly darkens from a tinted blue to a foreboding midnight black hadn't been Navarro Jardenil's favorite pass time at any length. Sure, nature and Pokemon distinctly grasped the boy with a firm fascination during the day, where observation was simple, easy, and generally non - threatening. However, during the night, an unforeseen terror always vaguely seemed to prick away at the tan skin of the lean teenager, a certainly primal fear that was only realized during the one time of the day where no distraction exists to fend off the hordes of depressing and downright disturbing thoughts that plagued the human mind, unbeknownst to most thanks to the warm caress of sunlight.

"Pawn, Pawn..." Victor remarked suspiciously, looking around the dark, lush savanna that the duo of trainer and Pokemon were walking through at that moment. The petite swordsman seemed to hold the same suspicions of Navarro, which the latter found great irony in, given that the former happened to be a dark type that was naturally trained in the art of stabbing things. Despite this, the creature still reciprocated this fear of the unknown, just as he did with most emotions that were projected onto the mind of the young traveller, a subject that had been noted and wondered about countless times in his journal dedicated to information about the psyche of Pokemon which he observed during the day.

Well, maybe taking a rest and writing a bit about the Pawniard's mirrored fears despite his type could be a good pass time - after all, I won't be out of here for a few hours, and it could quell a bit of the anxiety. Fascinating. It appears my previous thoughts about the correlation between personality and type were wrong - perhaps Victor is an enigma, of sorts. Navarro thought, before pulling out the orange covered notebook from his pocket in which he stored this kinds of thoughts. He took a seat on the side of the road, retrieving a pen also from his pocket, and flipping to the most recent page he had been pouring his mind onto.

Navarro took the travel pack that had been slung over his shoulder down to his knees, opening it up and unzipping the top slot. The boy pulled out an electronic lantern, before looking to his right only to see Victor drawing figure 8's in the dirt with his sharp, sword like claws. In the light of the lantern, he pushed down the release mechanism on the ballpoint pen and began to write in the smooth, blue and white lined paper that was packed together within the journal.

Day 439
Time: Unknown, I've lost my watch, though it appears to be turning to night very rapidly.
I've stopped in the middle of a Savannah of sorts to write this entry. It's turning to night very quickly, much to my own unease, and so I write with a worried haste instilled in me tonight. While I've been moving onto the next town, guided by my town map issued to me from a local Pokemon Center, I've observed a queer sort of action within Victor. This has been present before, though I haven't exactly paid too much thought before this. Despite him being a Pawniard, a Dark and Steel type, Victor has displayed a

He stopped writing. What was that sound? It was a muffled talking sound - two people droning back in forth in what was likely some kind of conversation. They sounded somewhat young, however, and Navarro, in a spontaneous burst that usually never enveloped the boy, he decided to investigate. It beat sitting on the side of a dusty dirt path and just waiting for some kind of ghost Pokemon to scare him to death, didn't it? These were the thoughts that raced through his mind as he began to pack up his things, and motioned for Victor to do the same.

Sure, if anything started getting sketchy, then he could just run. That had yet to fail him, didn't it? He ran a lot, but wasn't good at it - just another thing to go on the list of ironic tedium that seemed to infest the life of the boy. Cruel irony, he thought, irony that benefited nobody except the deity that incited it upon him. Navarro felt himself begin walking, and it wasn't long until he stumbled upon the two forms of Peter and the other girl talking. They were around his age, and seemed friendly enough.

Just my luck. Well, here goes nothing.

"Hello? I'm s - sorry to interrupt, it's just I'm a bit lost here, you see..." He stammered, fibbing to try and make his appearance seeming a bit less sudden.

Turning his gaze, he looked upon the boy with revulsion. "You're not interrupting a thing," Peter spat. "I'm already leaving," he stated. His eyes traveled up and down the boy's lean figure scanning him for any sign of weakness. "Were you spying on us too," he accused.

Peter had already started to dislike the newcomer. Though he had not done anything, he needed to put up a facade of resentment to keep others at bay. The girl, whose name he forgot, already got too close. She almost made him like the company of others. She hadn't even tried. Maybe she was deceiving him and making herself seem nice but would spread his secrets like jam. Peter's hands grew fidgety and wanted to let Seviper out. Maybe she was famished and needed some snacks. He pondered it, but wouldn't go as far as to kill someone.

Not yet at least.

She stood up as well gently wiping off the sand from her dress before looking at him but she had second guessed herself. "-No....I barely know him....so it's not important-"she thought before shaking her head. "It's nothing important......really....I'll be leaving...I don't want to be in your way, come on Forrest"she said looking at her seeing her stand up on all fours before she limply walked over to her and helped her on her back before looking at him again giving a gentle smile. "It was nice to meet you really...also if you have the chance...lets be friends sometime.....Ribbon lets go"she said to her as she leaped up into her arms before resting on her shoulder. "Take care and be careful"she smiled gently as Forrest had leaped off before she could even spot the newcomer with them. She felt her tears fall as this confused her "-Why am I crying.....hm idk.....its confusing me....-"she thought before shaking her head heading back to camp.~

Hearing the rude reply, Navarro squinted into the thick darkness of the night in a feeling that could only be described as a sort of frustration laced with a thin packaging of fear. He sounded accusatory even, maybe aggressive - perhaps to gain approval of the other girl present? People often stepped out of character to please desired romantic partners, and the boy had learned the hard way that the most common mannerism that most males used was violence, or more affectionately 'edge'. Just another product of his rampant skepticism and way of analyzing everything, Navarro continued to attempt to apply some kind of psychological concept to this sudden lashing out - it could just be personality, as well. But one could never be too perceptive.

"Hey, no - no need to be rude, uh, okay? I just need directions. No need to go around threatening each other - and for the other part, no, I wasn't spying, just taking a rest nearby. I heard you guys chatting and decided to come over and try and get a little help, if you know your way around or anything, right?" Navarro said, putting his now dusty hands in front of him in a gesture of non - aggression. The other boy seemed pretty skinny, much like him, though the Sinnoh hailing trainer still found it preferable to avoid physical violence of any kind, especially if the former was younger or older than him.

Picking up on a degree of worry within Navarro, as Victor could so often, the Pawniard quickly got into a defensive stance - preparing the blades that tapered from it's hands in a battle ready position. The steel type was certainly a firebrand along with his trainer, another thing that the latter found very amusing, another portion of the rampant irony that was diffused within the way that Earth just seemed to work. (Considering that fire is effective against steel, and the manner of the phrase.)

"Desert's straight ahead, mountains are to the right, and the forest is behind you," he rushed out. "The Tundra hasn't been found yet, but it's somewhere," he said. Peter looked at the Pawniard with no sense of caution. The puny thing could be defeated by his Dunsparce in no time. He quickly took inventory of his items and was ready to go to the desert.

"So are you coming, or are you just gonna waste my time," he demanded. Peter had not a minute to waste. Either this boy was coming with him, or he'd leave him where he stood. Either choice didn't affect Peter too much, but he didn't want to be alone at least. No matter how cruel Peter seemed, he just needed someone to fill a gap that's been vacant for years.

Even if that meant making a friend. If he was gonna make any sort of friend, that girl wouldn't be one.

She made her way back to her campsite before getting off Sawsbuck sighing softly.
"I still haven't made a friend yet.....I wish I did have one...but I had no success....is it because of my disadvantaged..."she said referring to her right blind eye covered by her bang as she gently placed her hand over it as she suddenly started to cry thinking of her past events about people misjudging her, that she was not who she think she was but in honest true this is actually who she is a very sweet girl that does not judge those despite their reason and understands others pain that she has been through. "-....Shadow....Fang...I don't know what to do....-"she thought as she softly cried in the forest by herself. She felt a nudge from Forrest and then Ribbon before gently smiling at them. "Don't worry girls....I'm alright....really....all I know is that you understand me....only Pokemon understand me..."she said gently hugging Forrest's neck as she wasn't aware of a Pokemon watching her as the flame on its tail lit brightly.-

Hands in his pockets, slouch to his posture, tilt to his trilby, Collax didn't look very interested in finding "that clearing of sorts." Perhaps Madison hadn't sold him well enough on it. He must have been thinking, Okay. We'll reach an empty space. You'll see it. Then what?

She was able to answer his criticisms, but she couldn't quite answer this. He had to have been there to understand what she was talking about, why the clearing was so special. Surrounded by all the trappings of wealth, Madison was less in tune with nature than anyone. As soon as the dense growth gave way to an empty space, however, she felt that she was standing in the very heart of the jungle. That there was more life where the vegetation cleared was more ironic than a fiery Pawniard, or one that feared the unknown. That Madison of all people could sense it was stranger still.

"You get things done, Collax, and the filter is proof enough. I made breakfast. But now you're offering to build us a shelter..." Madison smirked back at the grinning boy. "Well, I'll have to get something else done, or I'll be two for one. I can start by leading the way."

With confidence, she continued forward, the mud beneath her hardening to dirt and the growth before her thickening to walls. Banks were few and far between along the water, so the lakeshore quickly ended. The path that they had taken to reach the lake in the first place was relatively beaten down, but the foliage ahead seemed impassable. That was a good sign. The jungle raised its natural defenses just before the clearing.

"Gible?" Madison asked, turning to the little dragon that had been quietly plodding behind her.

"Gib!" she cried in response.

"All I've heard from you lately is coughing. You aided us in the construction of the filter, started fires for me and put them out. You've spoken few words, but you get things done just as Collax and I do," she praised. "Now, this brush is too thick for us to continue. So what I need you to do..."

Collax likely didn't have a problem wading through the dense rainforest, but Madison wasn't about to get dirty. The leaves would have to make way for her and not the other way around.

"...is surround us with a Twister that tears through anything in our path."

The last thing that Gible would do is hesitate, because the little dragon was as confident as her trainer. She stood proudly between Collax and Madison, a tiny bundle of wind escaping her mouth. The Twister swelled in size, stirring Madison's dress slightly as it passed and contained her. The small tornado reached peak intensity when the two trainers were safely inside.

For a while all that was heard from the outside were vines whipping out of the way. The winds were howling, and her swirling enclosure was picking up all kinds of debris. She had compromised visibility for protection. The jungle didn't allow much to begin with, but Madison now had to rely completely on changes in sound to tell where she was.

So when the leaves were no longer being torn off their stems, when the Twister was no longer picking up debris, she could only guess that they were close.

"Gible, that's enough," she said, raising her hand. "You've done well."

The dragon responded with a gaping smile, and the tornado slowed to a stop, depositing a circle of debris around Collax and Madison.

The silence did not set in as gradually, however. Now that the howling winds had quieted, the sudden calm of the clearing disturbed her more than the thought of trudging through the rainforest. They were in the eye of a much larger storm now, it seemed, and it looked just as empty as it sounded. The grasses here were soft and tamed, unlike the unkempt wilderness they had torn through a second ago.

If Madison had learned one thing about Lasryn, it was this: the region was only consistent in that it was inconsistent. Indeed, the clearing ended as abruptly as the other biomes, at a solid stone wall ahead. The girl had come here thinking that she would see the Chansey again, coax another egg out of her and cook a delicious dinner, but she was nowhere to be found.

Instead, the wall was all that held her attention as she wandered into the clearing. They were in the heart of the jungle, but touching the stone gave Madison the feeling that it didn't end here. She noticed several little grooves extending from a central indent, as if roots could grow here. The sun prominently overhead, the girl felt that today was going to be a long day.

"What do you make of this?" Madison asked, looking back at Collax.

Last edited:
Once her pokemon finished eating the last of the fruit, Shaynuh began to walk on, continuing on their trek to find water. Charmander and Aron hurriedly followed along, staying close to their trainer as her eyes searched for any signs of water. Ghastly had indulged itself in eating the fruit off the trees, noticing a little to late that Shaynuh had left with her pokemon. It left the tree in order to catch up with them, floating along until it caught sight of them, happy to find them as it followed along.

It was a challenge to find water when alone and in new terrain that has yet to be explored, but there was no sense in just giving up when your survival was on the line. She vaguely remembered being left in the woods that surrounded her home by her parents when she was young; it being their strange way of teaching her how to survive alone. Right now, it was being put to the test as she continued her search.

Suddenly, Aron sped past Shaynuh without warning, leaving her, Charmander and Ghastly behind. "Aron! Wait up!" she shouted before running after the pokemon.

Charmander ran after his trainer as Ghastly followed after, curious to see what would happen next.

Collax stared at the giant wall of rock that stood forbiddingly before he and Madison. His attention wasn't much on it as it was the surroundings, and he was mildly put off after having to walk with Madison through Gible's Twister in order to make it to the clearing to begin with. He wished he had a machete to hack through the thicket, but he wouldn't have been able to pack it, even if he owned one. The clearing, however, gave him a strange feeling to stand in. Like Madison, he could feel something in the air. Something that told him there was more to this jungle.

The boy stepped forward, examining the face of stone. He looked up, seeing it cap off at a decent height of a few stories. They wouldn't be climbing that unless they had picks. He considered following the face downward in either direction to see if there was an end to it, but something told him that whatever was important about this stone wall was right here in front of him. At this point, he had more than enough reason to trust those feelings.

Barkley twirled into the air and looked around just above the treeline. When he came back down, he chirped at Collax, who interpreted that as a lack of anything of interest to be seen from there. Skorupi was poking at the rock, not quite sure why they were there. Inkay, was staring in every direction but the rock wall, reasonably wary of what could be behind them. And Collax simply stared at the indent that Madison had noticed.

Collax had little experience with video games, but if he had more, he'd be struck with a very strong feeling that this was significant. Collax, being Collax, felt a similar feeling anyway. The grooves that snaked out from the indent appeared to be cracked by roots, but there were no roots around to be seen. No trees directly above them. Something had to have made these naturally, but whatever did wasn't in sight. Possibly from.. behind?

"You aren't afraid to get a little dusty, are ya?" He said, looking to Madison. She should know exactly what he was about to try. "Ya'd better take a step back. Skorupi, you got Pin Missile?" The insect chirped in response. "Aim it at the bullseye. Shoot from back 'ere, I get the sneaking suspicion that stuff's gonna fly this way outward when it breaks. Fire when ready, buggy." And so he hopped back. Skorupi followed him, and prepared to launch the Pin Missile barrage. When Collax was serious, he was serious. He had a feeling there was something behind the rock, or inside it. Something that would cause a plant to grow with roots cutting through the rock. It was worth a shot. And even if it wasn't, there wasn't much harm in trying.

And so the Skorupi let the pins fly.

The pins didn't even stick, falling harmlessly to the forest floor.

"I swear, Collax, sometimes you're as dense as this wall," chastised Madison. "Don't you know that Bug-type moves are weak against rocks?"

She had taken a step back nevertheless. Her textbook knowledge of Pokémon battles taught her not to take unnecessary risks, in case the needles actually did pierce the wall. Madison hadn't been entirely certain, for the real world couldn't always be simplified to type matchups. She merely used them to explain Collax's failure in hindsight, as if she knew it all along. He understood all too well that she hated being dirty and loved being right.

The girl was as consistent with her contributions as she was with her fronts, however. She continued to criticize Collax, but not without making herself useful.

"Use your head," she told him bluntly. "If anything is getting this stone out of our way, it's a Grass-type move. Can't Barkley do something?"

Madison didn't have all the answers, but she had accepted it as fact that wonders lay beyond this standing stone. However fruitless Phantump's reconnaissance, Collax had also sensed the mystic air that surrounded this place, so he wasn't completely oblivious.

Last edited:
Brandon had left the camp. Ray was asleep in her tent, so he decided to try and find something interesting. He sent out his Blitzle. “Search for wilds,” he said. “Alert me if you find anything. Fire a Thundershock into the air.” Blitzle nodded before trotting into the forest.

Anthony, meanwhile, started to make his way back to the camp. “Day 1,” he said into his monitor, pausing his journey. “The survivors are split up into groups. Some get along well, others don’t. One casualty, broken neck. We will not need assistance yet. Send the backup on my signal.”

He sent the message to his recipient. ‘Hopefully the survivors plan to take charge soon,’ he thought to himself.