• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join New Beginnings (Discussion)

Who/what should be the antagonist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So out if curiosity, is there an idea in mind as to where this rp may go? Like is there an eventual 'climax' point that we can work towards other than surviving and becoming stronger?

So out if curiosity, is there an idea in mind as to where this rp may go? Like is there an eventual 'climax' point that we can work towards other than surviving and becoming stronger?
That's a question with a spoiler for an answer.

My answer is make one yourself, which is what I'm doing without messing up Storming's plans too much.

Name: Bailey Liam Grant
Appearance: Skinny Body Frame, Pink Hair, Blue eyes, pale skin, British Accent
Personality: Shy but a skilled battler. He will never hesitate to protect his pokemon.
Dislikes: Any evil teams, Is Afraid of Necrozma.
Starter: Rockruff
Skills: Sketching
Goals: To make it past this region and soon research pokemon
Sexuality: Bisexual/Gayromantic
Other: He is afraid of being alone.

So exactly where was Madison during those emotes? I thought she was still within range of the abandoned hospital, but I might have missed something.

She went hunting for food all night, wherever. Actually writing out the hunt instead of skipping like I did would take too long. That’s the reason I wrote it as if it already happened.

Now it’s early morning and she’s back by the abandoned hospital, cooking her gatherings over a fire.

The pieces of the Lasryn puzzle slowly begin to fit together, and the ship between two characters slowly grows stronger.

I find it interesting how you made Madison relate the previous expedition to thievery and madness. Maybe the people on the first trip to Lasryn didn't just build and fall, perhaps they were driven to something else that might have led to the ruins of the hospital, and possibly many more other structures. Who knows? Maybe this "Team Void" isn't just some other organization plastered with "team" on the front. Maybe, they've been here a lot longer than that.

Maybe, just maybe, they are the result of how seclusion can change people, and what it drives them to do.

The pieces of the Lasryn puzzle slowly begin to fit together
They'll shift as this goes on.
Maybe, just maybe, they are the result of how seclusion can change people, and what it drives them to do.
That's a big maybe. An interesting theme, though.

Madison and Collax should find the same lake that Brandon and Ray found, just a different side of it. It's neat if we're all centered around the same place.

She wandered into the night and wouldn't return to the abandoned hospital for a long time.

When she did, however, the pitch darkness had relaxed into an early morning blue, and the girl was cooking over a fire.
"Morning, Maddie. You feelin' alright?"
When the beams of light were shining through the decrepit ruins of the building,
He jumped down from the tree he was in along with Blitzle and the electric move lit up in the darkness of the night.
There’s some confusion as to what time of day it is. It’s morning in our posts but night in Cobra’s.

I'll hold out a response to your post for a bit, Ekans. @StormingCobra55 is in the area, I'm pretty sure they and almost anyone else can make their own moves as of now. I'll just wait until I see posts from other people.

Not to mention, my next post is a whopper of one.

Last edited:
Hadnt gotten alerts in quite some time. Good thing my #1 Ekans always coming in clutch with that tag.

Ill need a bit of a refresher for this, then Ill brainstorm some starting concepts.

What about the other mystic @Mystic Zander ? :p
Hadnt gotten alerts in quite some time. Good thing my #1 Ekans always coming in clutch with that tag.
I called you "the other one," you called me the #1 :D

I'm bad both inside and outside the RP xD
Ill need a bit of a refresher for this, then Ill brainstorm some starting concepts.
I gotchu tho, redeeming myself here :p
@Mystic Zander you could join. Here is the basic plot so far.

• We arrived on the island. Brandon went off alone, Lisa, Sterling, and Collax went together, Madison and Ray went together, Sarah went off alone, Kiri went off alone, and Kira went off alone.
  • Madison and Ray had a battle with no clear winner, and Ray ended up catching a Corphish.
  • Lisa, Sterling, and Collax were attacked by Combee and Brandon intervened.
  • Sterling caught a Buneary and Collax found a Skorupi.
  • Madison caught a Sandile that tried to steal her sunhat.
  • Kiri caught a Treecko.
  • Brandon eavesdropped on the villains and knocked out Jax.
  • Lisa discovered a lava tunnel.
  • Jax is revealed to own a Weavile.
  • Brandon caught a Blitzle.
  • Jax woke up and attempted to attack Sarah until Brandon distracted him.
  • Brandon and Madison battled Jax.
  • Jax is revealed to own a Nidoking, Jolteon, and Alakazam.
  • Madison caused Nidoking to fall into the lava tunnel and Collax confused the Nidoking with Barkley’s Confuse Ray.
  • In its confusion, Nidoking killed Lisa and apparently knocked out Sterling.
  • A trainer named Anthony showed up and he is revealed to own an Exeggutor.
  • Anthony is revealed to own a Flareon.
  • Jax retreated on the back of a Hydreigon.
  • Collax found Lisa’s Inkay, and Madison ran through the lava tunnel and straight into Collax.
  • Sterling is left stranded in the lava tunnel (currently).
  • Brandon and Anthony went off to try and make a shelter.
  • Anthony revealed to Brandon that more people were coming to help in a few days.
That’s pretty much everything so far.
That's what Storming said the last time. Since then, this is what's happened:

- Madison and Collax exited the lava tunnel and found an abandoned hospital, stayed there for the night.
- Madison learns that there was a past expedition to Lasryn that failed due to reasons currently unknown in the RP.
- (Still night) Ray found an Eevee egg. She's with Anthony and Brandon who set up tents by the lake. They were planning to cook shit by idk what happened to that.
- (Morning) Madison spent most of the night finding food and is cooking.
- Peter steals some. Brandon tried to alert her but it was too late. My girl's pissed now.
- Collax shows her sympathy :blush:
- The two of them find the same lake Brandon did, but are on a different side of it. They're filtering water so they have something to drink and talking to each other.
- Peter was napping happily after he stole some of Madison's hard-earned food, until Brandon woke him up with the intent to punish. Maybe this will make Madison realize that Brandon's not such a bad guy after all. Peter's waiting on a response from Brandon now.
- Bailey's Rockruff caught the scent of Peter and the stolen food, asking @Mystic.25 OOC if he wanted their characters to RP together. Imo, @Bailey Liam Grant you don't need to ask, just approach his character directly, prompting a response from Mystic. You were accepted, after all, and if you make more of an effort to jump into the RP, we won't ignore you.

That's all I got, unless anyone's got anything to add.

Sounds like it's about time for me to make the whopper response post by Collax. I'll wait until someone posts again before I do.

Good to see some people are still hanging on. I'd hate to drop this roleplay so soon, with the potential it has. It wouldn't be the first time such a great roleplay ended at its prime.

Oh, btw, do we know what type of pokemon we're likely to see on the island? Or is it just every pokemon?

(Im only really familiar with gen 1-5 so ill likely only use pokemon from those regions)

Normal trade Evolutions (Alakazam, Golem, Trevenant) will be changed to level up. Trade Evolutions with items (Steelix, Scizor, Milotic) will be changed to level up with that item. Accelgor and Escavelier will also be changed to level up.

Im really a fan of this whole rp concept, one big worry is healing our pokemon though. Will we only be using berries and natural herbs? Because if so we'll all be spending a lot of time foraging for more than just food.

Of course, she's just going to be that way whenever she gets the chance, isn't she.
Damn straight. I'm not gonna throw away my character's whole personality just because you showed her a little sympathy. It's gonna take more than that.

@Zixal You might wanna move the filter making along while our characters our talking, because Madison doesn't know how and can't do it for you

Name: Shaynuh
Appearance: Standing around 5'5", she has shoulder length dirty blonde hair, grey-blue eyes and wears mostly plain blue jeans with a simple t-shirt. She carries an orange and red colored back pack and wears a bracelet with old coins as charms, given to her by her mother.
Personality: She is not one to make friends with others or socially interact with anyone as she mostly sticks to being alone. She is usually quiet and calm in the most stressful of situations and plans ahead in case of unexpected emergencies. She has a low tolerance for others being around her or talking to her, occasionally choosing to walk away instead of snapping at the person unless she feels the need to do so. She has a soft spot for children, becoming friendly and kind when she's around them; unless they are in danger, in which she does anything to protect them from harm.
Likes: Pokemon, nature, exploring and going on long journeys.
Dislikes: People, cold weather and poaching.
Starter: Charmander
Skills: Lock picking, surviving outdoors, knowledgeable of nature and pokemon.
Goals: Creating a sanctuary to help pokemon in need.
Other: She hates wearing shoes and refuses to wear them, preferring to travel barefoot.