• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed New Beginings (Pokemon Sinnoh adventure)

Time skip 3 hours ahead

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Trevor gives a slight round of applause to Logan and Aenon on their win. He turns toward a girl sitting near him and says "I guess this is our first time meeting?" He holds out his hand to her and says "The names Trevor, I came from Blackthorn City in Johto." Frostbite goes on Trevors lap and gives a playful "Sno!" Trevor looks down, then faces the girl again and says "This little guy is my partner, Frostbite. Are you here to face the gym leader as well?" He asks curiously.

Avery applauded politely. It was an interesting battle. She'd never seen a fairy type in action before.

The person next to her applauded too, and introduced himself as Trevor. She shook his hand and smiled. "It's nice to meet you! My name is Avery, and this is Bonnie," she said, patting her Audino on the head. It had fallen asleep at some point during the battles and was leaning its weight into her. "We're training to become Pokemon doctors. I'm here to see if this gym is hiring nurses right now, actually."

She stared off into space wistfully. "It's kind of a long shot, since gyms usually only have one or two at a time, but I'm running out of options. I'd like to attend the medical school in Snowpoint City, but I... can't do that right now, and I'm trying to find something productive I can work on in the mean time."

She shook her head and turned to face Trevor again. "Anyway, I hope your battle goes well. Do you two plan on taking on the Pokemon League?"

Trevor thought for a moment. "I'm not quite sure yet, that would be a long shot for me, but that is quite far in the future." He answers. He then faces Frostbite. "Frostbites quite tough, but I would need more partners to do that should I choose to attempt that challenge.

He then faces Avery and thinks. "It must be hard studying to become a pokemon doctor" he says to her. "Maybe I can help you study to become one, how about it?" He offers to her. "I don't know much about what Shinoh expects from Pokemon doctors, but I know some things about Johto pokemon doctors that may help." He says.
He then becomes silent, remembering his parents and what they said before he left, unable to bare the pain of seeing them be gone forever.

Avery considered Trevor's offer and quickly became lost in thought, not noticing how silent he was being. "That... Might not be a bad idea," she said after some deliberation. "If you're going to be collecting gym badges or traveling, would you let me come with you? In exchange, I'll take care of your Pokemon whenever they're hurt, like after battles or training sessions. The main area that I'm lacking in is practice, so it would be a net gain for both of us."

Trevor nodded. "That would be great! Who knows..." He stares into the distance. "...you might become the best pokemon doctor in not just Shinoh, but the entire world."
He then faces Avery again and asks "If its not too personal to ask, what convinced you to become a pokemon doctor?"

"Well, I'll certainly do my best!" Avery said, laughing a little. "As for why I want to become a doctor... I've always found it easier to be around Pokemon than other people, I guess. I've found that they don't judge you anywhere near as much as humans do."

She crossed one leg over the other and stared off into space. "I thought about becoming a professor, but that always seemed a little too impersonal for me. Just running tests on Pokemon, or observing them in the wild. As a doctor, you get to work with them much more closely. And they automatically have a reason to like you, I guess.

She looked away and played with her hair. "Sorry. It sounds kind of silly when I put it like that." She shook her head and turned to face Trevor. "Anyway, what about you? What brings you to Sinnoh?"

Last edited:
Trevor smiled and says "I don't think its silly at all. Your persuing your own dream. I have a philosophy that no dream is silly if they can reach it." He looks at Bonnie and says "I can tell that Bonnie likes you just by being with you, after all, in my book, pokemon are just like people, they have feelings too. Give them love and care for them, and they will love and care you themselves." He says

He then faces the distance. "As for what I'm doing in Sinnoh, its a...long story" He sighs "My parents...they caught a deadly disease back in Blackthorn. No one, not even Clair, the Dragon type gym leader knew what the disease was nor how to cure it." He pauses as Frostbite gets closer to Trevor. "They knew they didn't have much time left, so they told me to persue my dreams here in Sinnoh, which was to start exploring a region of my choice, and I chose Sinnoh." He pauses, then continues again "For all I know, they could...already have died when I set foot here." He turns toward Avery and says "I know mine is a sad story, but I'm afraid that its true. They told me that Frostbite was half of their gift to me, they said they'll send the other half to me sometime while I'm here." He then takes out a stone and rolls down his shirt, revealing a shiny strange necklace and says "They also gave me this stone and necklace as a memento of them. They said that they both were special and had to give this stone to Frostbite when he evolves..."

On the way to Eterna, they encounter a wild Nidorino. Logan looks at Aenon and smiles. He throws a Pokeball at the Nidorino and catches it. "I'll call you Killer." Logan says.
267607_trainercard-Logan.png

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh, wow..." Avery said, at a loss for words. She hadn't expected anything like that. "That's... Really rough. I'm sorry. But I'm sure they're glad to know that you're pursuing your dreams."

She paused for a moment. "Um... It looks like Roark is ready for another challenger," she said, hoping to get Trevor's mind off of things. "You should be careful. His Pokemon look tough."

Trevor looks ahead. "Alright, lets go Frostbite, I'm sure we can do this." He says to Frostbite.

Trevor stands confident on the other side. "Roark! I challenge you!" He says.
The battle begins with Roark sending out a Geodude. "Frostbite! Open up with Hail!" Trevor commands Frostbite. Frostbite sends up ice particles in the air, forming dark clouds inside that begins to hail. Geodude throws a rock at Frostbite with Rock Throw. "Dodge, then use Ice Beam!" Trevor says. "Sno!" Frostbite barely jumps out of the way while sending out a white frozen beam at the Geodude. The Geodude barely servives the blow, but ends up going down from the hail.

"Good job Frostbite, but theres more than that left!" Trevor yells as Roark sends out his second pokemon, an Onix.

Avery shivered. The hail was concentrated on the center of the room, thankfully, but the unnatural weather still cooled the air down quite a bit. It was enough to wake up Bonnie, who blinked his eyes blearily while trying to sort out what was going on.

Roark's giant snake-like Pokemon roared as it was sent out. It seemed irritated by the hail filling the arena, but it didn't let its eyes off of Trevor's Snorunt. "Onix, try rock throw one more time!" Roark shouted. Roaring in agreement, the Pokemon grabbed another boulder from the rocky stadium and wildly hurled it at Frostbite.

(It's fine if I play as Roark here, right? Avery's not going to be doing much during this battle.)

(I guess it's fine)
Frostbites eyes widen as she gets hit by the boulder. She gets sent flying to the wall. "Runt!" Frostbite cries out in pain. "Frostbite, hang in there!" Trevor says to Frostbite. He observes the surroundings of the stadium. He then smiles and commands Frostbite "Use Ice Beam on the floor and freeze it!" He says.

Frostbite jumps up and fires a white frozen beam at the floor, turning the terrain to ice, making the terrain slippery. "Time for your secret move Frostbite, show them what you can do with Weather Ball!" Trevor says.

Frostbite forms a white energy particle and sends it up. "Snorunt!" She says as she sends it up. The particles then falls down on the Onix as a ball of ice.

Onix tried to get out of the way, but the slick floor and its massive body made dodging the weather ball impossible. The Onix screeched in pain as the ball of ice crashed into it, freezing over a large part of its body. It collapsed to the ground unconscious.

Roark's face hardened as he called Onix back. "We're not done just yet!" he said as he tossed out another pokeball, revealing a small grey Pokemon. "Cranidos, just a little more! Use headbutt!" The little dinosaur Pokemon eagerly started charging towards Frostbite, but its feet couldn't gain much purchase on the icy floor, so its movements were slow and clumsy.

Trevor smiled, his plan was working so far. "Frostbite, dodge and then use Ice Beam!" He commands Frostbite.
Frostbite uses the icy floor to slide out of the way. She seemed to look slightly more healthy due to her Ice Body ability and the hail. She then launchs Ice Beam directly at the Cranidos, hitting it directly. The hail then stops.

"You can do this Frostbite even without the hail now, use Ice Fang!" He commands. Frostbite uses the ice to slide at the Cranidos, chomping on it with her fangs which are charged with ice.

Last edited:
Cranidos swung its head at Frostbite as she came close. It struck a glancing blow, but not enough to stop her from biting down hard on its side. Combined with the ice beam from earlier, the attack proved to be too much and the Cranidos went down.

Roark retrieved Cranidos and sighed. "What a day. I can't believe that I've lost three matches in a row..." He straightened himself up and turned to address Trevor. "But that's the way it is. Since you've beaten me, you've earned an official Pokemon League Coal Badge." He reached into a pocket and handed the badge over.

Avery jumped down from her seat and walked over to Trevor, her Audino slowly tagging along. "Congrats, Trevor! Nice use of Ice Body, by the way. I've always wanted to see that ability in action."

Trevor accepted the Coal Badge from Roark. "Thank you, you were a tough opponent yourself." He said as he puts it in his badge case from Johto. "Oh and...sorry about the field, may want to turn the heat up in here for a few hours to melt the ice." He said

He faces Avery and smiled. "Its saved Frostbite from defeat upon more than occasion. Hail gives her health so the longer it hails, the more health she gets back in the long run." "Snorunt!" Frostbite says happily as she slides on the ice, then bumbs into Avery. He then remembers. "Don't you want to ask Roark something while we're here? You might want to do that while I check where we should go next." He says while taking out a map of Shinoh.

Avery nodded. "That's right. Roark, does your gym happen to be hiring nurses at the moment? Bonnie and I are training to become doctors, and we think we could be helpful." Meanwhile, Bonnie was shakily trying to skate around on the ice like Frostbite.

"No, sorry," he said. We're fully staffed on that front right now. But we could definitely use some more help cleaning up the battle area, if that interests you!" he said, laughing.

"I think we'll pass, sorry," Avery said. Well, she had expected as much. She was glad that she had met Trevor--she didn't want to go home just yet. She sidled up to him to get a look at his map. "I guess that means you'll be stuck with me for a while longer. Where do you plan on going from here?" she asked.

Looking at the map, Trevor points to a spot. "I think the next gym is here in Eterna City, but we might have to go through Eterna Forest to get there. We'll need to head to Jubilife City to get to the forest. I heard Jubilife city is pretty big, almost like Goldenrod City back in Johto." He looks down at Frostbite who is skating around Trevor and Avery. "I heard that the gym leader there uses Grass-types, so it should be fairly easy for Frostbite, but I'll need to be careful not to get cocky. Plus who knows, maybe the gym leader there could help with your studies."

"That sounds like a good idea," Avery said. "It's probably better to tackle the easier gyms first so that you have a chance to improve your team." She checked the time on her wristwatch. "It's still early in the afternoon, so we should probably get going. I'd like to do some shopping first, though. I'm not equipped for a long journey."

Trevor nods. "Very well, I'd probably should do some shopping myself, potions can only do so much at the moment." He says. "Plus, though Frostbites strong, I'll need some more pokemon to tackle some of the tougher gyms and especially the Elite 4 should I choose to go that far..

"Sure. You should probably visit the Pokemon Center too, since Frostbite just finished a battle. I'll meet you back here in an hour, okay?"

"Ready, Bonnie?" she said, turning away from Trevor. The Audino had fallen down on the ice at some point. He must have given up on standing up again, since he had fallen asleep and was snoring softly. Avery sighed and returned him to his pokeball, then left the building.

She purchased some more potions and medical supplies while she was out, as well as a small tent and a sleeping bag. After some consideration, she bought a half-dozen pokeballs too. If she was going to be traveling through the wilderness, it would be a good idea to expand her team. Better safe than sorry. She had disconcertingly little money left over when she was done, but she felt well prepared. She headed back to the gym to meet up with Trevor again.

Trevor went to the pokemart to purchase some pokeballs as well as some super potions and other status healing items. "Next stop, the pokemon center." He says.

He heads to the pokemon center and hands Nurse Joy his pokeball containing Frostbite. "Alright, your pokemon is nice and healthy now." She says giving Frostbite back to Trevor. "Have a nice day!" she says as Trevor exits the building.

He reenters the gym to see Avery waiting for him. "I guess we're all set to go." He says.

"Yeah!" Avery said, adjusting the bag on her shoulder. She wasn't used to it being so heavy. "I've been to Jubilife before, so I know the way. Follow me!" She exited the gym and headed for Oreburgh Gate, the small tunnel on the west side of town.

(I'm going to call it a night for now. Thanks for playing! I'll be online again tomorrow evening.)

Trevor follows. He smiled and looked up. Mother, Father, I hope your proud of me. I will persue my dreams and explore Shinoh and beat the champion! Trevor thought. "I've decided that I'm going to take on the Pokemon League. That may be what my parents have hoped for." He then turns toward Avery and says "I'll also help you become the worlds best pokemon doctor ever as well."

(Thanks Autidian, I appreciate that.)
Rory rushed out of the pokemon gym after teasing Roark about loosing three times in a row. With all of his gear he rushed toward the entrance of the town and sees two pokemon trainers that were at the gym earlier. "Wait, wait for me!" Rory called after them.

Avery heard a voice calling out, so she turned around to see who it was. She recognized him as one of the trainers that was at the gym earlier. "Oh, hi!" Avery said as he approached. "Do you need anything? We were just about to leave town."

Rory caught up finally and slowed to confront the two. "Yea actually," Rory stopped catching his breath," would you care for another companion on your journey, I could provide battling tips and tricks, and best of all, I've heard I'm an amazing cook."

"Oh, are you heading to Eterna City too? I certainly wouldn't mind more company," Avery said, adjusting her glasses. Having another trainer around meant that she would get more practice taking care of Pokemon. ...And she was pretty terrible at cooking, too. "That's fine, right Trevor? It would give you someone else to train with on the road."

Trevor nodded. "That would be fine. Plus, I think Frostbite wouldn't mind someone else to be around too" He says looking at Frostbite. "Sno Sno!" Frostbite says agreeing with Trevor.

"Then welcome aboard!" Avery said, smiling. "I'm Avery, and this is Bonnie." She gestured to her Audino, who nodded his head in greeting and let out a little chirp, then she turned to the boy next to her. "This is Trevor, and his Pokemon Frostbite. They're hoping to take on the Pokemon League.

"Anyway, are you ready to leave town? We plan on heading to Jubilife and then through Eterna Forest, if that's fine by you."

"that's perfectly fine with me, allow me to show you my pokemon, Yuri, Jolt, and Bell come on out." Rory tossed their pokeballs in the air and A kirlia, jolteon and a gloom appeared.

Frostbite looks at Yuri, then at Jolt, then finally at Bell. "Sno Sno!" She says to them with a greeting. She smiles at them in the process.

"Seems Frostbite likes you and your team" Trevor says with a smile

"Wow! It's nice to meet you all," Avery said, crouching down to get at eye level with Rory's Pokemon. They looked pretty cute, and they were probably rather tough, too.

Avery stood up. "Well, we should get going. I don't know if we'll make it to Jubilife before the end of the day or not, but I'd like to try," she said as she resumed walking towards Oreburgh Gate.

Trevor nodded. "Oreburgh gate should be a short distance to get through to get to Route 203. After that, if we keep going, we should reach Jubilife City" he says entering the gate. "Snorunt!" Frostbite says as she catches up to Trevor.

"Wait for us." Logan says. He walks over to the Pokémon trainers and says hi. He then lets his Pokémon out to meet them. "Meet Chic-Chic the Bayleaf, Rocky the Deino, Zeke the Porygon-2, and Killer the Nidorino."

"hi, these are mine, i didn't come up with any nicknames with them so I kinda left them as is." Rory had the jolteon and gloom go back into their pokeballs, they dissapeared in a red light, trailing back to their pokeballs. Rory and kirlia caught up to Averi and Trevor, "so to the forest?"

Trevor nodded. "The forest it is I guess." He then faces Logan and says "Welcome to the group I guess, the names Trevor, and this is my friend Avery" He says pointing to Avery. "This little guy here is Frostbite" He says pointing to Frostbite, the Snorunt. "Sno Sno!" Frostbite says.