• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New and Need help

I'm new and just signed up. I actually just need help and have a few questions about this place. Like how to send a pm, and how adult things can get in RP's? I saw the rules on the violence thing, but what if RP'r's wanted to do something more....grown up.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Poke'fan #134 Hey, welcome to 'Charms! I've moved this thread to the Bug Reports, Feature Requests, and Feedback forum as this is the right place for it, rather than in the RP boards :)

To answer your questions:
  • You can send PMs once you've posted once, which you've now done – there's an envelope icon in the top-right, click that and choose "Start a new conversation" :)
  • We're a site full of children and young adults, so sexual/adult content is very much not allowed. The Global Rules expressly forbids erotic fiction, and in general I would expect our creators to write with the understanding that people as young as 12 will be reading.
Do let me know if you have any more questions :)

Thak you. I do have another question. I also saw the rules on fake pokemon, like made up pokemon. What about if the pokemon you want to use are from a fan made game?

You'd need written permission from whomever created them to use them. :)
One more thing. Regarding the Alola region and the Kahuna's. I did see the rules but I'm not one hundred percent clear on the Kahuna limitations. I get that only the Kahuna's get to be the trainers for the legendaries of the Alola islands and is like just for a temporary thing and for special occasions. Now what if you were doing an RP that would involve a kahuna but not the legendaries. Would the person who started the RP be able to play the role of the kahuna or does a staff member such as yourself have to play the roles of the Kahuna?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The Kahunas may freely appear as NPCs - just like any Gym Leader or member of the Elite Four, etc. But if you wanted any of the legendaries to show up, you'd need to request permission.

Also, they aren't so much as 'trainers' for the Legendaries. It's more of a bonding situation in their case - the Tapus choose their Kahuna and while they may battle together at times, the Kahunas do not command the Tapu, per se. They make suggestions. Whether the Tapu agrees with them is up to it.

Last edited: