• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Neon City (A hero RP)

Join the RP by signing up here -> https://pokecharms.com/threads/neon-city-a-hero-rp.17721/

It was a normal day in Neon city. people had finished there days at work and were at home with loved ones or hanging out with friends. Bright lights lined the streets making it as bright as it would be it it was the middle of the day. There on the street Alexandra walked looking at her phone and earphones in her ears, completely ignoring everything around her until she heard a boom and as she did her phone began to light up with alerts from the government about an explosion nearby "crap!" Alexandra yelled and almost instinctively she turned and began to run towards the smoke that was caused by the explosion "at least life has gotten a little bit more interesting" Alexandra said as she continued to run towards a smoking building which had seemed to caught fire.

Dask leaped from the third story window of the government's burning estate; he had discovered several undercover workers researching the tech that had altered his DNA. He slipped his USB into his pocket as he leaped mummy-style from the window, generating small explosions around his feet until it had slowed him enough to ensure that there was no injury on impact. Just as he landed, the building behind him made a huge creaking noise. He grinned, then looked up.
He had just landed in front of a girl with a pair of earphones in her ears.
He swallowed heavily.

A man dressed in all black holding a gun was sent flying through the window of the jewelry store, making him land painfully on hard pavement and sharp glass. The man watched in fright as a silhouette with red eyes and two blades in his hands slowly approached him. Before the silhouette reached the man however, a sudden explosion went off a few blocks away.
"You got lucky," the mysterious figure said in a deep voice, and a shadowy fist knocked the man out, before suddenly zooming off within a blink of an eye. Zack stopped across the street of the explosion in an alleyway, so he could stay hidden. He put his swords behind his back and peered around the corner to see the destruction the explosion had caused.
"Holy crap, I got to get in there," Zack said in a rush. Thinking quickly, he wrapped a piece of cloth around his mouth in an attempt to keep him covered up. Then he zoomed into the building, rushing around to see where any survivors were. At normal speed, it looked like random people were suddenly appearing on the sidewalk. When he was sure everyone was out, he sped over back to the alleyway across the street.
"After the situation is under control and I won't be spotted, I'm going to need to investigate," He thought, throwing the cloth onto the sidewalk before walking off.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
It seemed fate was on Sabrina's side today.

As she hid herself behind a trash can the sirens of a passing firetruck zoomed through the streets towards the burning building in the distance. Sabrina took the time to catch her breath, having been chased by police for the last hour or so due to her robbery of a bakery. Thankfully after she lost the cop car trailing her, and now it seemed that the efforts of the police department were focused on the burning building as well as other crimes that were going on.

Okay, just need to lay low until nightfall when all this blows over. Then I can go distribute the goods.

Keeping the stolen sweets in a black bag, Sabrina opened a nearby manhole as she would enter the sewers.

Alexandra looked at the boy who had landed infront of her "well that was easier then expected" Alexandra thought to herself before pulling her headphones out of her ears and putting her phone in her pocket "so many ways to escape but you chose the one where you end up standing out like a sore thumb" Alexandra said with a sigh "honestly they say that criminals are getting smarter but there still idiots in my opinion" Alexandra added before attempting to grab Dasks arm "your under arrest" Alexandra exclaimed

Dask looked both ways, and back at the girl. He launched himself (literally) into the air, wrapping his arms around her in a sort of choke hold. He leaped onto the roof of a nearby building, aided by his abilities, as he proceeded to travel from rooftop to rooftop, flying over gaps too big to leap. He landed on a nearby rooftop, the highest he could think to go.

"Now, what's all this about me being arrested?" Dask asked, smirking and flashing his government ID after releasing her. "I don't know if that was really the best place to talk this out."

Last edited:
Trent stuffed his hands in his pockets as he walked through the streets of the city when he saw someone carrying another person by the neck. They were flying, which meant Trent would have to take something to get up there. His younger sister, Ashley, grinned. "I can take care of this one!" she said, then took off.

"Wait! Ashley, what are you doing?!" Trent called after her, then sighed. "Hey, can I borrow that?" he asked a passing skateboarder. Reluctantly, the teenager let Trent use it. "Thanks," Trent said, then he levitated the board and went after Ashley.

Being faster, Ashley got to the building before her older brother. "Hey, what the heck do you think you're doing?" she said, then realized that the 'kidnapper' had already set his 'victim' down. Ashley blushed. Wow, she was bad at this. "Er...You can't just bring people up to random rooftops!" she tried, but her lack of experience was INCREDIBLY obvious. Again, she sucked at superhero-ing.

Dask turned around slowly, eyeing the newcomer.
"Now, who's this little cutie?" Dasken cooed, half-honestly and half-taunting. He cracked his knuckles, miniature explosions riddling his fingers and hands while he did so. "I don't suppose you expected to find some crime up here, did you?" He turned back to Alexandra. "Sorry for the way I had to bring you here. But I had a feeling you wouldn't comply otherwise."

Alexandra brushed herself off "don't worry about it but next time you want to leave a crime scene be sure you don't look like a criminal the last thing we need is for people to think that they can't trust the government" Alexandra said as she stood up "anyway I can criticise you later" Alexandra said before turning to the other two people on the rooftop "who may you be?" Alexandra asked

jade421

Previously Sarah316
You'd think this place wouldn't smell as bad as often as I used it, but I guess I'm wrong on that front...

Sabrina continued to walk in the sewer, oblivious to what had happened above ground as her focus was trying to block out the smells and focus on finding a place within them to rest until nightfall would hit. Sabrina had known the time of day based on where the sun was in the sky so she could make a guess how long she'd have to wait until the sun would set. Once she waited it out, she would return to the surface and distribute her stolen treats among the city's less than fortunate citizens.

Ashley gave Dasken a weirded-out look. "Er..." Fortunately, Trent arrived to bail her out.

"Couldn't help overhearing a bit," he said. "If you're not kidnappers or something, we'll be taking our leave." He gave a stern look to Ashley, who sighed.

"Fiiine," she said, then flew off with Trent. "That was anticlimactic," she muttered.

"You're lucky neither of them turned around and attacked you," Trent said. "Let's just go home."

Dask grinned momentarily looking away from Alex, thinking about what fun the boy said would bring. He decided against it, however, since he was trying to be professional. "Some vigilanties," he said. He then flew after the duo, wondering how Alex would react.

Alexandra looked in astonishment as Dask flew after the two vigilantes "oh no you don't!" Alexandra exclaimed as she began after Dask jumping from building to building trying to catch up to him "that's it once I catch you I'm going to have a word with your superiors" Alexabdra yelled as she continued after Dask

"I AM my superiors! You'd have to go directly to the presi-" he yelled behind him, pausing to narrowly dodge a billboard, "President, and you know DAMN well that won't happen for awhile!" He laughed. "I was assigned my own mini-quadrant; I don't work well with others!"
He then promptly changed directions at the arc of Alex's jump, looping through an abandoned building's window.

Halt strolled into a bank, looking for some cash. He walked up to a bank teller. "Hey, not looking to give you any problems, but go open that vault for me. And the little alarm buttons broken, so dont bother." Halt said to the teller. He would normally play around with the people, but today, He wasn't feeling it. He threw a chunk of steel at a crowd at the bank. "Get your dumb bodies out of this joint." He yelled at the people, who raced for the door. Halt walked over to the vault, and compressed the coins into a small sphere the size of a dime. As he left, he saw cops at the door. "Now, I wouldn't aim guns at me." He spoke quietly, as he caused all the guns to backfire, knocking out every police man. "Try again next time." He said as he walked out of the bank. As he walked by the trooper cars, he picked up a box of doughnuts from inside. "Don't mind if I do. Not like you would be eating them anytime soon anyway." Halt said as he walked away.

Last edited:
Trent heard Dasken behind him. He sighed. "Dammit, Ashley," he muttered, then assumed an offensive stance. "Go home, this might get dangerous," he said to his sister.

Ashley looked at Trent as if he had told her to jump off a bridge. "You're literally insane. I can do stuff too," she retorted. Not waiting for a reply, she flew up to Dasken for the second time. "Y'know, it's kinda creepy to follow a girl home," she said. A small flame flickered in her hand.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Sure is a lot of noise up there."

Sabrina had found a relative decent spot to rest in within the sewers as she kept her bag of stolen bakery goods close to her, trying her best to keep the stuff warm until it would be nightfall and she could comfortably return to the surface.

Cops probably busy with...whatever is going on up there anyway. I'm sure I've been all but forgotten about. I just hope no one gets hurt...

Startled, Dasken instinctively threw a midair, explosion-powered roundhouse kick to Ashley, then immediately noticed who he had hit, threw himself off-balance, and proceeded to careen towards a building. He flinched, a massive explosion sending him hurdling in the opposite direction and blasting a hole in the building, followed by a direct collision path with Trent.

Alex watched as Dask went and engaged in combat with the vigilantes and then blow a hole in a building "yea the president will definitely take a long time to get back to me" Alex said before jumping over to where Dask was heading before noticing that he was on a collision course for Trent "this won't end well" Alex said worried

Casually walking along a rooftop, Celestia allowed herself a moment of rest. Between taking out the various sensors and cameras, dodging the walkers from the government, stealing food to stay alive and finding a place to sleep, these moments weren't all that common. Obviously, after about five minutes, an explosion was heard coming from an old abandoned building down south, and so she stepped through space, and onto a neighbouring building. Repeating this several times, she was next to this building in no time. Frowning, Celestia peered upwards, just in time to see somebody fly out of the building, then promptly saw a girl inside get attacked by another person, followed by another who she guessed was the other person in their group. Both of them then exited the building, flying to intercept the second person

Acting on her instincts, she reached out her hand, and both the guy about to get knocked out of the sky and the girl inside got pulled out of existence, reappearing in a nearby allyway. "What were you doing?" Celestia asked, turning to face the two. "You can't make your modifications that obvious, people will notice. And that's the last thing you want."

As the last couple fires were put out, fire trucks left and two police cars pulled up.
"I can avoid 4 cops, so I should be in the clear," Zack said, before zooming back into the building. He needed to find out what, and who caused that explosion. After looking around for a while, eventually he came across a room with multiple corpses. As well as pieces of storage crates labelled "C4".
"Well I think this is my spot..." Zack said, looking around at the scene. Well the explosion happened on the third and final floor, and according to these blueprints, the room it occurred in, was one that was completely filled with TV's and monitors. Some sort of security camera room or something. Still not clear what the cameras were watching though, or why it needed to be completely demolished. Zack thought to himself, putting pieces of evidence that might help him in a small plastic bag. He was going to need to figure out as much as possible before the cops or anyone for that matter found him.

Dasken shook his head. "Wha..?" He looked around. The girl he had hit was next to him in an alleyway, and he hadn't hit anything in the air. He looked up at the smoking building, an enormous hole in it, and looked at the girl next to him again.
He then looked at another girl standing above him, and his mind flicked to every possible reasoning of why he was there. Seeing as he couldn't see any, he flung himself as quickly as possible with his powers away from the two, taking an extremely winding path through tightly packed buildings.

Axel crawled out of his bunk lazily, walking over to a computer attached to the wall. He opened it up and clicked on a file that was simply labeled, 'New Assignment' along with today's date, raising an eyebrow. "They want new recruits? From the city!?!?" He said, his voice gradually increasing in volume. "Something big must be going down if they want me to find non-military recruits." He mumbled to himself while slipping a shirt over his head. Once he was finished getting dressed, he looked in front of the mirror, his eyes gave a faint blue glow as he did so. "Oh well, a jobs a job." And with that, he left his small bunker and into the city. "The question is, who's a reliable ally?" He thought to himself while looking from building to building.

Celestia looked at the person who had just left in a moment of confusion, before realising what she had done. "Hold on a sec, I'll be right back," she said to the girl, before warping to appear straight in front of the place she knew this person to be. Evidently she was right, as said person was straight in front of her. "Um... Is there a reason you're running?" Celestia asked, tilting her head slightly

"I have HAD it with today!" Dasken shouted, body tensed and coiled to spring on the next thing that moves. "I'm running because you just freaking TELEPORTED ME OUT OF THE AIR and I'm already having a crappy day, and I wanna be left the frick ALONE!" He punched the wall of a building next to him, causing a latticework of cracks like a spiders' web. "Do you have any IDEA how many people ask questions I can't answer because of people like YOU?" He pulled at his hair, walking in small circles.

Alexandra watched as Dasken teleported out of the air "what..." Alex said stunned before hearing an explosion in a nearby building "what is he doing?!" Alex yelled as she jumped down to the side walk and ran over to a nearby light where she pulled out a panel and grabbed one of the wires inside "I'm going to get into so much trouble for this" Alex said before drawing energy out of the wire causing the lights around her to flicker on and off, after a minuet Alex let go and she seemed to have a faint yellow light coming off of her "here goes nothing" Alex said before jumping back onto the roof using spme of the energy she got to propel her up and into the window of a building of which she heard the sound from to see Dask walking around a mysterious person "what are you doing?!?!" Alex yelled her face gone red

Dasken looked up, his pupils dilated. "ONE MORE GODDMAN INTERRUPTION AND I SWEAR I'M GONNA TAKE DOWN A STREET!" He bellowed through gritted teeth. He rapidly scratched his head, scratched his arm, looked around, still wlaking in constant circles.
"Why is everything so damn convoluted and complicated. Why!?" He murmured to himself.

"You've obviously not been in this city for very long," Celestia calmly replied. "This place is chaotic, especially when you have modifications such as these," she continued, warping behind him and rotating him to face her. "And I'm guessing you were the other person? His colleague?" She asked, gesturing to the person who'd just punched a wall, and was now muttering to himself. "Look, this may sound like a weird question, but... Do you guys work for the government?"

Dasken was fuming at this point. "Please... take your hands... off of me." He said slowly and eerily calmly. "I've been here... for seven years... and have worked for the government... for three." He took deep breaths between sections of his sentences, trying to calm down, but to no avail. He could feel his body become even more tense and begin to heat up.
"Uh oh." He said.

Works for the government. Fuck... Panic began to show on Celestia's face, and she desperately attempted to step out of the alleyway, but the usage of the day was beginning to take it's toll. She could barely get to the corner, and not even around it, before collapsing on the floor, her heart racing, both from stress and overusage. Under normal circumstances, she could just stop back at her hideout on the roof for a breather, but she couldn't even get there. "Please... Get... Away," Celestia whispered, making one last attempt to get out. All that happened was she moved upwards about half a foot, then landed heavily on the floor. Well, good work. You've managed to trap yourself, she scolded herself mentally, her mind racing to try and find a way out of this predicament

Dasken noted the collapsed person who had freaked him out.
He acknowledged the government member, possibly at his status, possibly above, and possibly below, fuming.
He also glanced in the direction of the girl who had teleported with him into the alleyway, and who had summoned a flame in her hand.
His mind was beating out his skull, and he was fed up to the brim with the day. He walked over to Celestia, picked her up by the scruff of her shirt, and held her eye-level to him.
"Why. Run. From. Government. Officials?" He growled, more of a demand than a question.

Although nearly unconscious, Celestia still managed to cough out "I can... Tell you. Just please, can I... Have some water? Dying on your watch... Wouldn't be good for you." Near unconscious or jot, Celestia could still think coherently enough to formulate a plan. "Don't worry, I can't warp without taking you with me," she choked, just as an afterthought. Of course, this wasn't true in any way, but it would defentiely help her

Dasken squinted his eyes. He remembered reading about these abilities, viewing films, and he didn't remember anything about what she said. He made sure to make a mental note of a possible lie or possible truth.
"Talk, then you get water."

Her throat too dry to speak, she simply held out her hand, and focused. After a second, the canister the man had with him relocated into her hand, even this starting to cause her physical pain, which she then opened and took a long drink from. Once Celestia had finished and warped it back to where she found it, she turned her attention back to him. "Right, now that I can actually speak, I might be able to tell you something."

Dasken grabbed the container, held it in front of him, crunched it with one hand, and peomptly dropped it.
"Now talk. I will NOT say it again." He had to make this fast; he felt the anxious energy insid eof him brewing, and that meant only one thing. He was going to go nuclear - well, not literally, but it was still like a ton or two of TNT - and he had to leave any populated area.
And fast.

Just a bit longer, and I can get back "home". However, he does seriously look like he's ready to kill me, so I might as well tell him a bit. Maybe. "I thought it would be obvious. The government got me, then I left, and they want me back. They want to hurt me. And I don't want to be hurt. And it is quite evident you are the kind of person who would be happy to knock me out and drag me back there." Celestia replied, a slight quiver barely visible as she mentioned the pain that the group had caused her. "Completely honestly, I can smell the testosterone from here."

At this point in time, Dasken's anger had nearly fully shifted to anxiety and worry. His arms began to shake, and he figured he had about five minutes left. "One more snide remark, freakshow, and I'll-"
He was abruptly interrupted by an explosion he had unintentionally caused which had cracked the pavement between the two.

Garland sat offhandedly atop the scratched and porous metal bench that had been cemented into the pavement along the side of the road, and watched the cars trail by absentmindedly, fidgeting with the strap of his knapsack. He had been attempting the trek home on his skateboard half-heartedly, lost in the feeling of the wind biting into his skin and sighing through his tousled hair, upon being stopped by a distraught young man calling after a girl with an indignant tone. After nearly falling off of his board in sheer shock, and then stumbling to a stop gracelessly, he picked his board up and held it beneath his arm protectively, blowing the hair from his eyes.
Unfortunately, Garland hadn't had the heart, or the social skills, to refuse allowing the guy to borrow it afterwards. He'd handed it to him without first considering the consequences of this action. He sat now, solemn and skateboard-less.

Celestia closed her eyes at seeing the pavement crack, considering the situation for a second. Well, he's angry. And I'm gonna make the assumption that when he gets angry people get hurt. It might be best to go to the city border... Yeah, I should be able to make it. Without moving, the two suddenly appeared at the edge of the city, which she couldn't leave due to the implant she had, but this part in particular was mostly abandoned, and should stop a potential explosion. "I am very sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. But I have given you the answer you were asking for."

Halt was walking down the street by the edge of town, when he saw what he assumed to be a hostage situation of sorts. Except the one who looked like he was holding the hostage, looked like he wanted to kill her. 'I hate those kind of people, killers.' He thought. Halt held a retrospect that you should only kill, if the other person was either attacking you first, or another person who was helpless. 'I guess that she needs help.' Halt quickly looked around, and saw a manhole cover. 'That works.' He stomped onto it, causing it to flip up into the air, when he spun his arm around into it, causing it to fly extremely fast at the man above the girl. "Hey, get away from her!" He called at him, in a deep dangerous tone, sounding like somebody you do not, want to mess around with.