• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Neon City (A Hero RP) Sign Up's and Discussion

Who would win?

• Superman

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • One Punch Man

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Koro Sensei

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Goku

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
lol. maybe we should plan it? do you wanna do it here or in a conversation? thats if you wanna plan it at all btw

Pfft fair enough. I suppose the power isn't really dodgable (probably not a word), so there's not much autoing involved. It's not like the power actually hurts anybody initially

I hope this extends to biological technology :,)

Name: Garland Wahl
Personality: Impish, flirtatious, and dauntingly courageous, Garland is an overwhelmingly extroverted and adventurous young man. He's fueled by a seemingly consistent stream of energy, never quite restless or tired but equally as athletic as he is smug. Despite his athleticism, he has a tendency to be lazy academically. Although clumsy and admittedly awkward socially, he has strong morals and high spirits. He has a self-deprecating sense of humour and laughs frequently at his own jokes. He sympathizes easily with the plight of others and steps into dangerous situations unthinkingly when it is required of him. He can be childishly arrogant or naïve and his self-sacrificial temperament make him difficult to work with.
Appearance: His jet black hair is cut into an untidy side-part with a gently side swept fringe, grown into naturally loose waves. Much of his mass is centred around his upper back, the muscles of his arms and shoulders defined and his legs slim and built for speed rather than strength. His skin is an evenly tanned brown, blemished only with the moles scattered along the length of his torso. His eyes, a warm hazel colour, are his most prominent feature, large and round in shape.
Power: His cells are interchangeable with that of a sphodromantis, although this ability is extensively experimental and very much untested. Using up too much of his own body mass could easily kill him, as it's very likely that the mantis cells in his system would begin to attack and overwhelm his human cells. He tends to heal much faster than the average human and, if exposed to the proper stimuli, is able to regenerate his limbs.
Likes: Video games, skateboarding, comic books, lounge music, old movies
Dislikes: School, cold weather and rain, scorn or ridicule
Nickname: Bug Boy
Other: Garland was born in a government facility at the result of using small doses of mantis DNA to bridge the missing chromosomes in the contributions made by an infertile donor mother and father, hypothesizing that doing so would result in the birth of a biological child in a way that was cheap and easy. He grew within an artificial womb and suffered an array of deformities upon birth, although surgery and physiotherapy would later reshape many of these malformations to a less noticeable degree. Until he had reached the age of seven, he was strictly limited to the facility, where his behaviour and progression was monitored. He was then taken in by his caretaker and her husband and, to this current place in time, still takes periodic visits to the clinic to be supervised by the staff.
Even though mantises are kind of his thing, he's also impartial to grasshoppers.

I tend to not read any of the posts unless it involves my character, NOT because I'm selfish or anything, or because I don't want to read your post, but because if for example, my character is off doing something, and me as the writer finds out your character has ___ power, then I might accidentally make it seem like my character knows this information. Or if a certain event happens, and my character is not there, I'll make it seem as if he knew what happened. Basically it helps put me in the mindset of my character, which overall improves my writing.

Sorry for going off like that, just felt like I should get that out there.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Trying to think of how to insert Sabrina into this LOL

Sabrina: Just chilling in the sewers, waiting for the sun to set...

I don't understand what that means. I was playing it out that when he was walking around, he sees them, and trys to help the girl. But I can edit if you explain exactly what you mean. I dont exactly understand.

Physics is fun ^^
...and can also pull muscles and fracture bones.
Dasken has learned this first-hand. Also, I have to ask.

Are the sewers metal, or the more common and traditional concrete?

Why would you ask. I would assume they are concrete, but normally pipes for sewers are metal, and good quality at that. But its not my call, thats just normal sewer.

Yea, but im holding off the offensive for now, he can excape. But im also guessing that there are more metals around in the rp than irl. This is a new age where people can be implanted with tech to get superpowers. So I guess there would be a lot more high tech stuff around now.

I thought that you actually had to explode on something. Thats why I said that he thought that he couldn't dodge because he was one way propelled. I didn't think explosions would just happen out of nothing.

He actually can cause any particles to accelerate that have been attached to his body. Like dead skin cells on his hands, or sweat, or even pieces of hair.

With greater concentration, he can also cause things like his fingerprints to explode, but it requires more focus. Basically, he has to have touched something or have something from his body or with his DNA to cause explosions.

He can't will the air to accelerate, only his own DNA and particles attached to, near, and contain it can be accelerated. If he could just accelerate the air itself, then he would be able to literally make anything and everything around him explode.

Sorry. I understand that now. I was typing as you posted about the dna. So, your player's power is to accelerate particles of his dna to the point of explosion. If thats the case, couldn't he decelerate the particles, causing them to create a melt down? Or can he only speed them up?

he can slow them down after he trains awhile longer, as the government has shown him. If he gets hit by an attack, such as a punch or kick, and he has good enough timing, he can actually force the leg/arm to go far faster than the attacker had planned, resulting in possible injury.

Fun facts.

Also, am I the only one who realizes that Dasken should (and now is) keeping a jar of nail clippings?