• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Neo Team Skull! The Quest for Cash

After Team Skull's run in with the interdimensional beast, it was thought it was going to be abandoned completely. However, the team didn't completely fall. Some simply couldn't go anywhere and had no choice but to stay with Skull. So the next day, the members just arrived at the shady house as if nothing happened.

Solis went back to the house just after the incident and plopped himself down on a bed in the main living room. His bandanna was a little too small to fit over his face, so he wore it around his neck instead. This almost seemed fitting for him too as the scruffy look of his face made him look just a little more like a ruffian.

Next to join him on the bed was his trusty little Sylveon, Stardom. She wasn't exactly the most rough pokemon, in fact, most of the time she wouldn't even battle enemy trainers! But she gave Solis some company and a little bit of contentment with life as well.

"Wassup Stardom, Hows it hanging?" said Solis a bit tired.

Stardom looked at him and signaled over to where the food was. She then opened her mouth and used her ribbons to point at it.

"Ah, Hungry. Well how 'bout we get cha something to eat, k?"

Stardom hopped off and ran in place with glee. For the gloomy looking house, her bright pink made her as noticeable as the paint on the wall.

OOC: Aw, I was kind of hoping for a bit of a trickster kind of Slyveon, but a nice Sylveon can still work

Parker would simply be in his room in the old broken down mansion, and start throwing a ball into the air. "Man, this place is so boring, dawg!" mumbled Parker, "I wish there could be some mo' excitin' stuff!"

Parker was still throwing his ball, but, what Parker didn't know, was that the ball he was throwing was actually that of his Lycanroc's Poke-ball. The Poke-ball would then hit a wall, and open up to reveal Lycanroc, who didn't seemed to be very dizzy as soon as it came out of it's Poke-ball.

Lycanroc would then overcome the dizziness, and glare at Parker. Lycanroc would then charge Parker and try to fight him. Parker was shocked, and said, "Woah, dawg! I'm sorry, G'! I didn' know I was throwin' around your Poke-ball!" Lycanroc would then start chasing Parker all around his room, causing the room to be an even bigger mess than it already was.

Kostas is standing on the balcony of the old house, looking around at the trees, and the town. Since Team Skull was disbanded, Po Town was in the transition of a town run by them, to a town for tourists of Alola.

"This is whack, yo!" Kostas exclaimed, his Pawniard next to him on the balcony. "You see that, bro? I hate it." He asked his Pokémon. "Paw paw!" the Pokémon replied, pointing his small swords in the air.

Who am I even kidding. I don't belong here. Genji deserves better. This is all your fault. Yours!

Kostas snapped out of his thoughts, and decided to go inside. He heard some fellow members, but didn't want to socialize. Instead, he went in another room and put in his headphones, his Pawniard hunting some wild Rattata in the building.

Whew. Today had just been a royal mess, and Rosa wasn't sure she was ready to acknowledge everything that had happened. Some freaky creatures appeared on Ula' Ula, some random little kid had kicked her butt in a battle, and the Pokécenter closest to Po town had ran out of Tapu Cocoa. Reaching the once-grand house she shoved open the door with a little more force than intended, the slam probably echoing through to everyone there. Salem the Salandit skittered just in front of her, literally fuming, his fiery tail whipping back and forth.

"Oi, let's get to the kitchen. Time to drown that anger in food, dawg." Salem chirred in approval of his trainer's words, the two of them quickly changing course towards the (hopefully still unhealthy as ever) shared kitchen.

Harlow wandered up the path toward the gloomy, graffitied building with her thumb hooked into the belt loop of her white shorts. Her eyes trailed up to the brightly-plumed bird Pokémon that was making lazy loops and circles in the air above her head as he led the way. It was out of force of habit, really, that she and Pierce were heading back to the Shady House after everything that had happened. Once she reached the entrance, the Fletchinder swooped down to perch on her arm, and she opened the door...only to find that someone was already there, judging by the sounds of somebody raiding the adjacent kitchen like the ravenous teenagers that they were.

"Eh? Looks like we ain't the only ones here, Pierce," Harlow said in surprise, voice echoing a bit in the emptier-than-usual living area. She raised her voice, directing it to any of her teammates within the place that would listen. "Hey! I hope y'all're leavin' somethin' in there fer the rest of us! Food don't grow on trees, y'know." And it wasn't like they'd been shopping in like, forever, or had the funds for it.

(huh, I just didn't have much to write this post)
Solis had gotten into the kitchen just after Stardom. He was just about to get her something to eat until he noticed something. There was...well...nothing save for a single pack of ramen noodles.

"Ay...there isn't anythin...here..." Said Solis. He then looked down to his Sylveon who now had quite the sad look on her face. Solis had to do something, he couldn't just let his little Sylveon just starve.

Two people also came towards the kitchen. Solis turned around looking at them replying "Ay, it...uh...all... gone. Ziltch. We needa buy more." said Solis.

The Sylveon waved using her ribbons slowly making the sadness evident.

Rosa paused at the door and grimaced. Salem was a little more vocal about his displeasure, letting out a loud grumpy chitter and pulling a face at the Sylveon, as though it was their fault he had no beans.

"Damn." She quickly dug through the pockets of her shorts, pulling out only a handful of coins. "I ain't even got enough to buy a potion. How 'bout you guys?" If only that kid hadn't beat her...

Just when everybody is in the kitchen area, Kostas and the Pawniard decide they want a snack. Well, if there were any. "We all outta green dog. Don't even have some snacks anymore." Kostas exclaimed, opening every single, and empty, cabinet in the kitchen. "We need to make ourselves some money, so shoot! Anybody got some ideas?" He adds, taking a chair and sitting at the table.

Well there was an abandoned shop across this house.. Maybe, start one of our own?

Harlow patted down her own pockets, ignoring the indignant squawk of her Fletchinder, who moved from her forearm to her shoulder. "Yeah, I spent my last Poké on..." She flashed back momentarily to the odd man that'd been selling ridiculously overpriced meat treats at a cart. Some kind of tail, if she remembered correctly? Whatever. She'd gotten one for both herself and Pierce, but it did little to satisfy any hunger. "...I mean, I'm out too."

Thinking on it, it wasn't like she personally had any real marketable skills that were actually, well, legal. She and a few of the others'd definitely have to make some adjustments. How did one make legit money? She looked around at her teammates and their Pokémon. "Anyone know how 'ta make anything ta sell? Or, I dunno, fix anything?"

Halt strolled down a market place. His Zorua was walking next to him. He walked by a fruit stand, and picked up a Sitrus berry. Tossing it to his left hand, he walked away with it undetected. "Man, stuff costs some green. Heard a team hangs round here. Called Skull. What cha think?" He asked his pokemon. "Why not. Let's go!" Shade said with a grin. She bounded forward. "Rumor says they hang round an old shack. Not far. Let's go." He said, changing his course. They walked off away from the market.

After a while of walking, and some carrying for Shade, they made it to the house. Halt knocked onto the door, and slacked his shoulders a bit. Shade pulled up an illusion that made her look like a pikachu. "Think they'd find out?" She askes with a giggle. "Don't know. Lets find out. HELLO THE HUT!" He called to the inside, hoping for an answer. He bit into the fruit he took, and feed some to Shade.

Solis pulled out a pack of ramen all the way in the back of the pantry. It was kind of pitiful that all they had left was a 100 pokedollar food. On the bright side, it was well worth the price. It was adequate to suffice one person at least, At most two.

"All we got is dis. Anyone want it? I ain't all that hungry, but my Sylveon o'er here is" said Solis. Stardom seemed to show an interest in the ramen. She reached for the packet with her ribbons and almost managed to grab it, but Solis moved her ribbons out of the way a bit.

"Ain't good for ya Star." said Solis

(OOC: Sorry, didn't realise the RP was up until now)
Gary was lying down near the door of the Team Skull house, not really doing anything and basically half-asleep. He was snapped out of it when he heard somebody shouting.
He sent out his two pokemon, Grimey and Batty, and tried his best to look threatening. He threw open the door to find a guy and a Pikachu.

"Oi!" he shouted, "whadda 'ya want?"

Halt shrugged. "What ya think I want. I heard Skull wasn't entire Idiots, but my intel might be wrong." He turned to look into his eyes directly. "Are you an idiot? Im here to join!" 'Pikachu was looking around at the person and saw two pokemon. "Two pokemon. Grimer, Zubat." She whispered to Halt, barely noticeable to even Halt.

While Halt and Gary were talking, a mysterious figure started walking behind the two, and grabbed Halt by his shoulder. "Which one of you'z is causin' all da' ruckus!?"

The figure? Why, it was none other than your boy....GUZMA!

----------------------------

Meanwhile, Parker started being chased around the house by his Lycanroc. "Look! I said I'm sorry, already!" Parker exclaimed, "What more do ya' want from me!?" But Parker's Lycanroc wasn't taking any of that, and was still chasing him around.

Suddenly, Parker burst open the doors of kitchen, and exclaimed, "HELP! MY POKÉMON IS TRYING TO BEAT ME TO A PULP!" Parker then suddenly slipped on a half eaten bannana that was left on the floor, and smacked face-first unto the floor. Parker's Lycanroc then came behind Parker, and started rough-housing with Parker as he was now vulnerable. Parker's Lycanroc then quickly grabbed her own Poke-ball, and put herself back inside as soon as she was satisfied.

Parker then got up with a bunch of bruises and scratches all over his body. He then somehow reverted back to his normal self, and looked at the rest of his team-members. "So, whatcha' guys up to?" asked Parker.

Last edited:
"That would be me." Halt said, laying an opposite hand onto the hand on his shoulder. "Wha'z in it for me to say the name?" He asked the person, not turning. 'Pikachu' turned though. "I think it's the leader guy. Watch out." She whispered again, in an equally quiet tone as before.

Guzma started chuckling, and said, "You got spirit, kid. I like that." Guzma would then take his hand off of Halt's shoulder, and then crossed his arms. "From what I' heard, you're lookin' to join Team Skull," Guzma said, "Well, lucky for you....cause ya' boy is in da' house! I'm the leader of all these fools, and Team Skull, GUZMA! And I like your strut! Welcome aboard!"

Halt turned round. "Heard good stuff bout'ya. Hope most of its true." He reached out a hand to Guzma. "Can I change back? I don't like pikachu." Whined Shade. "Sure. Change back." He said to his pokemon. Shade enveloped into smoke, and a Zorua was left in the Pikachu's place. "Much better!" She called out, loud enough for people around her to hear her.

Guzma shook Halt's hand, and then said, "Good to have ya' aboard!"

Guzma then heard the Zorua speak, and looked so shocked. "WHAT THE!?" exclaimed Guzma, "That's....that's....THAT'S SO RAD! A talking Pokemon!? Man, that's sometin' I never thought I'd see in my life!"

Shade lept down onto their arms. "Of course I talk. What pokemon doesn't speak?" She says to Guzma. "Meet my partner in crime, Shade. Shiny Zorua." Halt explains to Guzma. "She's the brains ta me." He moved his arm back, but Shade kept walking forward trying to keep her position. He soon gave up, and let Shade stand where she wants to.

Back in the kitchen, Harlow scanned Parker up and down, bruises and all, amused but admittedly unsurprised at the scene. "Parker," she greeted with a deadpan voice, trying not to snicker. "We tryin'a come up with a plan. We all broke, see, and the kitchen's empty."

She turned her head towards the sound of commotion in the lobby, but, as demonstrated with a certain teammate and his Pokémon, the place tended to get quite noisy, especially without anyone to keep the band of young adults under control. She remembered passing Gary on her way to the kitchen, and wondered if he'd gotten into an argument with his Pokémon, too. She hummed under her breath in curiosity, but turned back to the task at hand.

Parker would just breath out a long sigh, and said, "Ma-an! It sucks how the boss man ain't even lettin' us go steal some cash from punk-kid! Now we don't even got any money to buy da' stuff we need, dawg!"

Parker would then just sit down on a table, and start grunting to himself.

---------------------------------

Guzma would just chuckle, and say to Shade, "Ya'll might be able to talk, but us humans can't understand a word ya'll say." He then looked back at Halt, and said, "Glad to have ya' both on the team! This place needs a lil' spice!"
Guzma would then just walk off back into the house.

Isaac went back to the house and sat down on a bench in the living room. He was the complete opposite of a ruffian, but, money was money. His Dewott, Neo, was close behind him and sat on the bench as well. The two had endured many challenges since Neo was an Oshawott. Battling Pidoves and Patrats was a thing the two did for a living. He knew that him, Neo, and his Sableye, Athos, would not easily fit into this "Team Skull." Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Guzma, the leader of this team. He sighed and figured that he would get called out for being there.

“ Okay, I just need to add more yellow and then I’ll be finished with this piece!” Miko was currently in Po Town, inside an abandoned house, spray painting the walls. She was wearing her plaid red scarf over her mouth and nose so she wouldn’t inhale any fumes. The art piece was a picture of Mimikyu doing Shadow Claw. It was actually quite decently drawn. “ That stupid Trainers School ain’t got any respect for artists like myself...I’ll show them!”

“ Meowth.” Zerrin, Miko’s Meowth, appeared next to her. He must be done with his search around town.

Miko kneeled down and patted Zerrin on his head. “ What’s up buddy? Did ya find where those Team Skull fella’s are?”

Zerrin gave a small nod and then mewed. He gestured Miko to follow him, which she graciously accepted. After walking for several minutes he stopped in front of this house. Could it be even called a house? It looked more like some manor.

The red haired trainer then barged in without even knocking. “ Yo! You guys still recruiting?” She really hoped that she gets accepted. Yes, she was still a kid but she was pretty useful. She can paint, battle, crawl into small spaces, and act. Now that Miko thought about it, they probably wouldn't want some random fourteen year old on the team but she could at least try.

Shade looked kinda disappointed at the response she received. "He didn't hear me!" She whined to Halt. "I know, I heard him." He said back and walked inside. He saw commotion in the kitchen and walked inside. He took a bite of the sitrus berry, looking around. "Yo, what's up peeps?"

As Guzma was walking around the manor, he noticed some girl barge into the doors of it.
Guzma would then start walking up to the girl slowly, and a bit intimidating. He would then ask, "You wanna know sometin' little girl?" He would then glare at Miko for a few minutes, until he let out a big smile, and exclaimed, "Of course we are! Feel free to explore this place! My casa es tu casa!" Guzma would then just start walking away.

As Guzma left, he would then notice Isaac sitting on a bench in the living room. Guzma would then walk up in front of Issac, and asked, "Watcha' think ya' doing, Isaac?"

-----------------------------------

Parker would then look at the "newbie" who walked into the kitchen. "Who the heck iz' you!?" Parker asked in a grunted voice.

Halt heard the gruff tone. "I'm the kid who could kick yo butt to next tomorrow!" He replied, and Shade started up an illusion. Halt grew in size, and turned into a charazard. "Who might yo be, kid?"

Parker snarked, and said, "You're lil' Fire/Flying type don't scare me!" Parker would then chuck his Poke-ball into the air, letting out is Lycanroc. "Four-times super-effective, baby! OH, and my name? I won't get specific, but ya' can call me 'da' boss' or 'masta'!"

Parker was sick of how soft Team Skull had gotten, he had to keep up his rep'. That's why he was glad this new kid just showed up.

“ Alright! Thanks a bunch!” Miko grinned and hugged her Meowth. This was great news, she didn’t have to return back to her parents. She set Zerrin down and began to look through her bag for any food that she could provide for the team. “ Let’s see...cup noodles, chips, and...that’s it,” Nothing good.

Miko then heard some commotion nearby and decided to check it out. She wondered into the kitchen area. " What are ya guys doing? Why is there a Charizard standin' in the middle of the kitchen?!"

Isaac tilted his head up to see a Charizard and a Lycanroc in the kitchen. He looked on in confusion as he turned to Neo. Neo nodded in silent approval, as he knew that he had the type advantage over both of the Pokemon.

Halt grinned at the choice. "Ya wanna go then? Yo gonna get wrecked." He said in full honesty. The 'charazard' grinned at the comment as well. "Lets go now. Unless yo scared?"

Guzma would glare at Isaac intensely. "Well..." Guzma said, "You don't have to wait anymore! You can be part of the team, newbie!" Guzma would then walk away.

--------------------
Parker would look on at the new girl, and responded, "I'm gonna' show this newbie that he shouldn' be missin' with top-tier Team Skull, members!"

Parker would then glare at Halt, and exclaimed, "I'm ready to fight wheneva' you are, kid!"

Halt turned away, the 'charazard mimicing the motion. "Meet me outside. Show me that X4 weakness." He walked right to the door, and through it. The 'charazard' ducked to get through the door and the illusion shimmered slightly, just for a moment, but went back to normal

Isaac watched Guzma intently as he walked away. Neo suddenly got up from the bench and started pacing in a circle. "What is it, Neo?" Isaac asked the Dewott. Neo looked at his trainer with thoughtful eyes. He could tell that Neo was anxious to battle. After all, he had only battled a few trainers in the Alola Region after leaving Unova, and all of said trainers were easily defeated. Isaac looked around the house for anyone who might resemble a competent trainer.

OOC: @Glaceon trainer You need to delete one of your posts

Parker would then follow Halt outside, and Parker would take Halt out to the broken-down basketball court. Parker got ready, and exclaimed out to Halt, "This is where I like to battle! So, come on! I'll allow you to make the first move!"
Parker was confident in his Lycanroc. She had been with him for a long time, and they went to a lot of crazy shenanigans together. Parker was so confident in his Lycanroc, that he sometimes likes to battle Water and Grass types with her.

Miko wanted to see the battle so she followed them. “ This will give me ideas for my next piece! I wonder who will win? This is gonna be awesome! Right Zer-hmm?” Zerrin was nowhere to be seen. He must still be exploring the Shady House. “ That silly Meowth is off doin’ his own thing again.”

@SS-I Never @Grumpyface
(I really need to respond geez. No one just isn't interacting with me. Time to be a little less of a passive RPer. And of course its gonna be shorter from what I normally do)

Solis shruged and kept the Ramen packet with him. Best show the boss that its all they got left, right? Solis made his way over to where the big boss was. On the way, he passed two people not in outfit. Perhaps they were resigning? Stardom followed quickly behind, eager to get a little sliver of the Ramen or even the whole packet if Solis were to drop it.

"Ay! Guzma! We Outta food! Looks like money too! Whadda we do?"

Last edited: