• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Neo Team Skull! The Quest for Cash

https://pokecharms.com/threads/neo-team-skull-the-quest-for-cash.18064/
So, I had a bit of a funny idea for an RP, Neo Team Skull!

So the whole Idea is that Team Skull, after the big ultra beast fiasco, has given them a little worse reputation around Alola. Though this time, Team Skull isn't trying to be bad, they are trying to just kinda, survive. They are just a group of people who couldn't quite make it in the world so they came together under a fatherly figure to help guide them, though not the best. But now is the time for reconciliation! Team Skull will be known for their......good...deeds? Though, we got mouths to feed! We can't just let our fellow members starve! So we gotta make some cash...but how?

Yea I can't exactly explain the RP but I'm pretty sure y'all get the point, right? A group of buffoons just trying to make some money with funny little antics.

So! If you are willing to become a Skull Member, Sign up Below! (Someone gotta play b0ss, so PM if you wanna! Better hope you got the rep to back it tho!)

Name:
Age: (This is most likely gonna be from teens to early 20's)
Appearance: (I'd prefer description, but image is fine)

Team: (Highly unlikely anyone struggling in the world is gonna have a competent team so, try 'n keep it to a max of 3 pokemon and lowerish level)

So for me!
Name: Solis (wew its me)
History: Solis is the kind of person to get done with his test first in school and get good grades on them, but he didn't exactly apply himself. Because of that, he became a drop out. He felt ashamed and ran away. He eventually had found Team Skull and figured it was as good a place as any and became a member. While not exactly known, his idea's are often intellegent
Appearance: Long Shaggy Dark Brown Hair that reaches to around mid back. Dark Brown Eyes. Approximately 6 foot. Slightly Darker skin tone, similar to a west coast native American. Slim build and normal physique besides broad shoulders. Scruffy face.

Team:

Name: Stardom (best Sylveon if ya rp'd with Ahnoah before. I just often reuse names)
Species: Sylveon

Last edited:
Name: Grunt Parker
History: "Yo' I had a messed up life! It was wack, yo'!" Not really....Grunt Parker is just the kind of guy to over-exaggerate things. This all started when he was ten years old, and he failed the first Island Trials. "Yo', that Raticate was like part of the top precentage, yo'!" ...Anways, as I was saying, after failing the island trail, he would devote time to train himself and his Pokemon. "That's right! Ya'll have no idea how much I trained!" ...Unfortunately, Parker didn't really train, as more he just stood around watching TV. "What can I say? The TV, it was calling to me." After that fiasco, Parker then heard about Team Skull, and he really wanted to join. He wanted to show everybody that he was "as tough as nails!" After joining, Parker really did feel like he was one tough dude.
Appearance: Wears the official Team-Skull uniform. Has long blue hair, with black tips on the end of it. He was dark blue eyes, and is tan. Stands at 5'11", and is pretty slim. Has a small Team-Skull tattoo under his right eye.

Team:
Name: N/A
Species: Wimpod

Name: N/A
Species: Lycanroc-Midnight

Interesting.
Name: Trev Mathews
age 17
History: The youngest of the Belair Family. because of how strict his family was and how disrespectful he was his farther threw him out of the house and he couldn't return until he became a better person. This lead to him spending four years on the streets tearing himself apart . A member of team skull took petty on him and brought him in. Since then he's been working as a member of their team wanting to somehow redeem himself. Prove that he could be the man his parents wanted him to be.

Team
Name: Sandy
Species: Kanto Sandshrew
Gender Female

Name: Ina
Species: Alolan vulpix
Gender Male

Name: Rosa 'Grunt' Oxford.
History: When she was 11 years old, she and Salem went on the island challenge, full of vigor and hope. The enthusiasm cut off on Akala island, with the water trial being "Crazy hard, yo!". Her family accepted her failure easily enough, but Rosa remained sour, especially towards people who did well at the trials. At 18, she packed up and left without so much as a goodbye, intending to make a better start for herself (but ended up mostly picking on trainers weaker than herself for cash). However, she eventually found a new home in Team Skull; she's loyal to them, whether she acts like it or not.
Appearance: Wears the Skull outfit, but keeps the bandanna around her neck. Hair is a short, pink pixie cut. She's around 5'6" tall, with dark freckled skin, and a surprisingly muscular build.

Team:
Name: Salem
Species: Salandit

Name: Garnet
Species: Sableye

Name: Kostas
History: Kostas never meant to be a bad boy, and to be honest isn't really one either. He just met the wrong people and got a wrong attitude. When he was 16, a broken heart led to him losing himself and getting involved with Team Skull. He distantiated himself from his old friends, and even started to bully some of them with his new ones. When Team Skull was disbanded, he had to try to redeem himself, but no one would let him. This made him grow even angrier and now he works with Team Neo Skull, to rub it in their faces once and for all that HE is the man here!
Appearance: About 5'11 tall, and strongly built. He has black hair in a topknot, and wears all black clothes; A black hoodie, black jeans and black sneakers. He's wearing a camo beanie underneath the hoodie, and is carrying a camo backpack.

Team:
Name: Genji
Species: Pawniard

Name: Gary Runt
History: Gary was raised by a rich family who were slightly overprotective of their child. As such, when he came home with what was essentially a vampire bat and a ball of toxic waste, his parents didn't take it very well. They tried taking the Pokemon away but Gary wouldn't let them, and ran away instead, attemping the island challenge to prove that he could take care of himself, and of course failed it. He joined Team Skull trying to get stronger and better to beat the challenge
Appearance: Gary is a taller kid with short brown hair. He wears the normal Team Skull uniform

Team

Name
: Grimey
Species: Grimer

Name: Batty
Species: Zubat

Note: When I was reading the Pokedex for Alolan Grimer, I found out that the Moon entry states that "It was born from sludge transformed by exposure to X-rays from the moon."
X-Rays from the MOON

I can be the big man himself!

"You wanna know what destruction looks like? WELL, it's right in fron' of ya'! It's ya' boy, GUZMA!"

But if you don't think I'm suited for it, then that's fine.

This looks neat! There still room?

Name: Harlow
History: She has a bit of a short temper and doesn't back down from fights or challenges, even when she probably should, so she butted heads with her exasperated parents from a young age. As a result, she was thrilled to finally be able to get out on her own, but found that she was awfully irresponsible with her money, especially in the beginning, and struggled financially. Shortly after, she fell in with Team Skull just to make ends meet. Because of her unfortunate spending habits, she can get pretty greedy and competitive, which at times gets her into more trouble than she can handle. She gets attached to people and Pokémon quickly, though, especially her teammates.
Appearance: She has dark skin and wavy, dark brown hair that reaches her upper back and has a red-dyed steak framing the right side of her face. Her eyes are a deep brown, and she stands at about 5'4 with a compact/strong build. She wears the normal Team Skull uniform, sans the hat and with the bandana usually tied around her neck instead of over her mouth, as well as a protective leather covering on her right forearm for Pierce to perch on.

Team:
Name:
Pierce
Species: Fletchinder

Name: Halt Yered
History: Halt was always a problematic kid. He always got on peoples last strand of nerves, and danced across the rule line. He originally came from Sinnoh, but moved after some events happened.(may explain in rp) Lets just say, he made rocket grunts look like a side show. After moving to Alola, he was able to make a bad name almost immediately.
Appearance: Halt has platinum hair, slicked and greased back. There is a large scar down the right of his head. He also has earrings with the insignia of every evil team from any region. Halt wears a black jacket with silver trim and a chain attached to his jet black jeans.
Team:
Name: Shade
Species: Zorua
(Two questions, one: can she be shiny? Two: can she speak english? Like the movie, or not. OK with either way.)
Name: Claws
Species: Sneasel

Last edited:
I think that might be how it works. I recently saw the movie, and Zorua spoke. Didn't understand it really, but the auditory illusion would work to. And the shiny, well, anyone could catch a shiny. But thanks for that. Making my first post soon. (Guessing thats an accept.)

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
I'd like to join this RP as it sounds interesting. Might I suggest that we have a new Enforcer and a new set of Admins (Maybe we could have three instead of one)? Would it be ok if I Rped as a high up member, like, a second or third in command when Guzma is not around? Surely they'd have a plan for who's in control when Guzma is not around?

Another idea I had an idea was for a character a while ago that was Guzma's son, but the boy and Guzma themselves didn't know it. I can juggle several characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it's not late to join in!

Name: Miko
History: What can be said about Miko? She’s been expelled from the Trainers School for causing trouble with the students and teachers. She might of spray painted the classrooms with her art a couple times too. Miko’s parents finally cracked a few weeks ago and ordered her to leave the house until she improves her attitude, yeah, like that’s gonna happen. She’s happy being her mischievous and weird self.
Appearance: Miko has short dark red hair, large green eyes, and freckles across her nose. She wears a plaid red scarf around her neck, a long white and black sleeved shirt, red plain skirt, and black ankle boots. She's also quite short for her age standing at 4'7.

Team:
Name: Zerrin
Species: Meowth (Alolan form)

@JohnsonAce I think you are over estimating team skull just a bit. Also, the whole point is to not be an evil team soooo.
Team Skull are surely stronger than what you believe. If they are not, then how do expalin how they came back together after the UB incident? Even if they aren't 'evil,' they'd need a proper admin now that Plumeria is gone. Also, Gladion is now the Aether Foundation President (according to said timeline). If Guzma somehow dies, then who takes his place. Who would give orders out when Guzma is not around? Do they all follow one man's orders? Or are they even more rogue than before?

May I join?

Name: Isaac Willis
History: Isaac is considered to be a genius who can do most things flawlessly; though he hates being referred to as such, mainly because it reminds him of being teased by his seniors, who called him a genius many times in a hazing manner. He is aware of his prodigious talents and as a result is seen as a prideful individual by some, and arrogant by others. He is not without flaws, however, as he admits that he is a bit ill-tempered, and he shows to have little self-esteem. He hails from the Unova region, and joined Team Skull to earn money for himself and his allies.
Appearance: Isaac has short silvery-white hair, and wears black glasses with pastel blue eyes. He has unnaturally pale skin and and wears a plain purple scarf around his neck, a long black trench coat, and black ankle boots. He is relatively average in height, standing at 5' 9".
Team
Name:
Neo
Species: Dewott
Name: Athos
Species: Sableye

@JohnsonAce Well, I'll think about it. Seems how someone just left, it wouldn't be immediate. If your bio has proof you are a trusted member of Skull that most people know, you's allowed
Alright. Here goes nothing...

Name: Marni Turnipa
History: Originating from a shop on Ula'ula Island, she went to Melemele to start her trials with great enthusiasm. However, she was turned down the task personally by Kuikui after being defeated in the grand trial against Hala. She was told that the trials 'weren't for her' and that she should 'stick to running her parents' shop.' Angered by this, she returned to Ula'ula. There, she found that her last living parent, her father, was dead. She joined Team Skull out of her anger on Kuikui and she had a conspiracy theory that Kuikui was responsible for her father's death and since then, she's had a grudge on Professor Kuikui. Before the UB crisis, she was an ordinary grunt who managed to have the honour of working alongside Gladion one time, out of the blue. She then began to work her way up, her strength increasing, but never quite that strong. She became known in Team Skull because of her backstory and it was used as an example to go against Kuikui. After the UB, she became less well known but still known about and her mean attitude started to change. Eventually, she became kinder, restraining her anger through an anger management group. The destruction of her father's business still means that Marni still struggles to afford certain things. In the past, she's stolen a number of items and these have helped her over the years. So she's basically a higher ranking grunt due to her high amount of experience, but she's still classed as a grunt. She enjoys battling others in pokemon battles, as she aims to win.
Appearance: Originally, she looked like your average female grunt: pink hair, black tank top. Now she has black hair, due to her dyeing it. She wears sunglasses, from time to time, and is slightly taller than average height.

Team:

Name:
Toxi
Species: Mareanie

Name: Fungo
Species: Morelul

Name: Maggy
Species: Salandit

If it's ok with you, she has one other pokemon that she does not battle with at all and is only used for powering up some electrical appliances: a Chajabug.

I may do another form. I'm still thinking.