• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Neo Kanto Discussion

And, this is just an opinion, but I feel like the mons that would migrate would be ones that could handle an industrialized society. So things like flying and grass mons may go down in number, while steel and electric go up in numbers.
Maybe an explanation for the pineco could be nature lovers releasing them, trying to prevent deforestation. Would you wanna cut down a tree covered in little grenades?
Perhaps Elekid since its kind of a generator, would be common in the mechanical work industry. And megnazone on route 2 is bad yeah, but it may also be common as well.
Perhaps to combat the drop in flying types, Skarmory have become a fairly common choice for skilled flyers with there durable metallic body.

There's a lot of different things we could come up with to vary this region even greater, that is, if your up for it.

ROUND 2
Winnie rolled her eyes. No wonder he's stuck up.
And if Casey dropped his exaggerated act, Winnie snickered to herself.
VS
She looks like a small child nervous to cross a street, needing someone to hold her hand on the way in...
See, Winnie, she thinks you're a sucker. Trying to pull you into this shit. She's not wrong, though.
Casey noticed subtle things, too, like how the girl was suddenly concerned about her appearance and started fixing her hair as soon as Levi showed up... not that there was a lot of hair to fix, and not that there was much of an appearance to worry about, since she looked like a boy anyway.

I think this one goes to me :\=|:

This is pretty interesting though...​
Elliot picked one of the flyer. Team Neo? Revolution? Haha. These Team Rocket knock off just keep coming out of nowhere. Like cockroach, ew.
"They made you think it's alright. It's not! They're ruining this country!-"

Do you not have anything better to do? Get a job, you fucking bum.
Quince is definitely more of an asshole, but he and Elliot both talk a lot of shit. Equally dismissive of people.​
He's Winnie's friend? Wow, Prof Oak, do we really need this much people for delivering a letter?
That is totally something my guy would say, but you said it first.
"Prof, why are we sending a letter by foot? Don't tell me you haven't create an e-mail??" She covered her mouth and widen her eyes in an exaggerated manner.
Ha! Elliot made Gary look like an idiot! I mean, why WOULDN'T you just send an email instead of making us haul ass over to Vermillion? His reasoning was so dumb, too. You know... Elliot's pretty bright.
Quince agrees. I guess they have quite a bit in common, though no one knows it yet because they all see Casey.​

Sorry guys. I've been busy these past days and can't find good time to write. I'll be likely to be this busy up until 5th august. So I'm taking hiatus now.

I give everybody right to slightly auto my characters if necessary. @E.K.A.N.S. you can auto Elliot in the pokestore, though I change the owner of the store to random NPC instead of someone Elliot know. Keep going~

Well this changes things, I was planning something to happen when they get to the store but if I have to auto Elliot, I'll save that for later, the next town maybe. Hopefully you'll be less busy then

ohh alright, I should've guessed. was just wondering :'| that's smart too... we can wait a bit longer then! I just wanted to know where we're at.

Maybe they should put all the food in their bags, so it's easier to carry. She's gonna pitch that idea later. It was important to get through Viridian now.
How do you want to do things? Sounds like you want to write us getting through Viridian instead of skipping to the forest.

Also @Spoiled Bread is gone for another week and idk what @Mystic Zander ‘s up to, so it looks like it’s just me and you, which is kind of a shame because I like this role play. It’s a journey RP and there are a lot of those but the mystery of the letter and the interactions between the characters make it more awesome

How do you want to do things? Sounds like you want to write us getting through Viridian instead of skipping to the forest.

Well, we can skip most of it, I just wanted Winnie to catch her first Pokemon and establish something just before the group ventured in. (I could've mentioned it in the discussion thread and it's nothing special, just a bother to the journey, but I like the idea of having most of the story told through the RP itself)

And yeah, character interactions is one of the reasons why I love RPing. I hope we can pick up a quicker pace again, after everyone comes back. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Mind if I revive this and introduce a new story arc on the way there? So it doesn’t become the same formula of skipping routes and towns with nothing happening. I’ll figure out where to put Elliot. >:D

It's alright! If you can work anything out it'd be great. I'll have to reread some of the last few posts as I forgot where we left off...

Casually scrolls through Pokemon Roleplay Thread. See's roleplay entitled "Neo Kanto Adventures" created by a foreign source.

"THIS MEANS WAR! A COMEBACK SHALL COMMENCE HARDER THAN EVER!"

But really, I love this idea but its feeling a little generic. I mean our characters are literally referencing the fact that there's way to many people assigned to retrieving this one package. Perhaps starting exactly the same hurt us a bit.

Casually scrolls through Pokemon Roleplay Thread. See's roleplay entitled "Neo Kanto Adventures" created by a foreign source.
It was only a matter of time! I knew someone would point that out! XD

We'll get em >:D
But really, I love this idea but its feeling a little generic. I mean our characters are literally referencing the fact that there's way to many people assigned to retrieving this one package. Perhaps starting exactly the same hurt us a bit.
It's generic in more ways than one. The way I pointed out was:
the same formula of skipping routes and towns with nothing happening.
BUT worry not! I'm working in plenty of good shit from now until Vermillion City to make it awesome! When you think about it, you really have to appreciate the Pokémon anime for the various sidequests and daily specials the writers work in, so they're not just hopping from town to town. I expect to do more intense worldbuilding for this RP than the others I've been in!

And Zander, you're exactly right. Changing up our character introductions would help greatly. @Vaporeonn , I urge you to allow @It's *that* guy! to join, if they still want to, because @FrostCrispz doesn't and @Spoiled Bread has fallen off the face of the Earth (& can never be counted on to stay active whenever he comes back). Our people have dwindled, and my RP has the exact same problem, which is why I've reopened it as well.

I can easily make an opportunity for @It's *that* guy! 's character to jump in. The worldbuilding I was planning to work in was Pewter University, and Chris could be a student there who tags along with us, whatever his reasons may be (that's up to guy, not me). Right now, Casey's going to the Pokéstore, then he'll pass the college on the way to Pewter Library. Maybe Chris needs to pick up some books for his studies and finds us there? That's an idea.

When it looks like there's no chance for new people to join, create one! Pewter University will also allow me to write Elliot out, killing two birds with one stone. #PowerMove

Now...

WHAT SEASON IS IT?!
xgia9w.jpg