• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Neo Kanto Adventures

Marsh watched as another kid got up to face her, a boy in a red jacket with a strange birthmark on his face. Now that there was an Elite Four here, Marsh had to make sure she was going to do her best and give it her all. Even if it met beating the tar out of this kid.
"Alright, kid. This is my third match up for the day. Both of my earlier ones have been loses, so I'm feeling pretty ticked. Don't get upset if I kick your butt, because I never hold back. So prepare yourself to be confused and poisoned by me, Marsh, the Poison Type Gym Leader!" Marsh exclaimed, pointing at Darrius.

"Go, Zubat!" Marsh commanded, sending out her bat Pokemon. It flew in the air, letting out small squeaks as it prepared itself for combat.

"Heh. We'll see." Darrius smirked. he said "C'mon Chespin, we'll show them what we got!"
"Ches-ches ches!" Chespin jumped onto the battlefield.
"I'll make the first move. Chespin. Use Vine whip to push yourself up!"
"Ches-pin!" Chespin was lifted up by the vine whip, about to Zubat's level, and then Darrius said
"Alright. Use Vine whip to keep yourself in place and use rollout!"
"Ches, ches ches!" Chespin was now using rollout in place in mid-air, thanks to vine whip.
"Try and get past our defence, I dare you." Darrius put on a confident smile, completely forgetting if the gym leader had a technique to use from long range or not.

The Rollout attack struck the Zubat right on, knocking it back. But Marsh was not going to let that stop her.
"Zubat, use Supersonic! Then fly up out of his range!" Marsh said. The Zubat let out a powerful shriek, focusing on the Chespin. After the shriek, the Zubat flew up into the air and clung to the ceiling of the Gym, out of the range of Chespin's boosted vine whip. Now, all Marsh had to do was wait for the Chespin to stop his Rollout attack. Then, she could command Zubat to swoop down with a Poison Fang attack. Zubat might not win this fight, but hopefully he'd knock that Chespin up a little bit.

Meanwhile, Kano was writing something on her minature note pad, until she felt her Archeops’ snout dig into one of her pockets.

“Hey- Archie!” She hissed, watching the bird pull out a packet of bird seeds. Archie purred, opening the packet with his talons to cosume the seeds inside of it. His trainer then pulled them away, hearing a sad growl from her Archeops.

“Sorry Arch, but I have to focus!” She exclaimed, patting the bird. Archie snorted, turning his head to watch the rest of the battle.

"Ches!"
"Chespin, no!" Darrius said as Chespin was hit by supersonic. He said
"Stop using vine whip, but try to catch yourself!"
"Ches.?" Chespin said as he fell, face first, barely catching himself.
"Uh oh." Darrius said. He had completely forgotten about that, but he decided to do something next "Use Spikes to cover the field!"
"Ches?" Chespin hesitated for a second, almost hit himself, but then threw the spikes
"Alright. Now try and use Vine whip to grab Zubat and pull them into the spikes!"
"Ches?" Chespin tried to, but one completely missed, but the other one was on target
"As soon as you feel Zubat with your vine, pull them down!"
"Ches!"

Zubat sensed the vines approaching, and tried to move away only to be snatched up. Zubat tried to resist anyway. As the vine wrapped around the Zubat, it flapped frantically, trying to escape. The bat Pokemon began to get pulled down, but Marsh knew what to do. She had expected this to happen.
"Zubat, stop resisting the Vine Whips and head straight towards the Chespin! Use your Poison Fang!" Marsh said. Zubat suddenly changed directions, flying directly towards Gavin's Chespin faster than the Vine Whip could pull him in. The Zubat flew straight on, ready to chomp on the Chespin with it's poisonous fangs.

"Chespin! Stop using vine whip! take 10 steps to the left!" Chespin did as commanded, revealing the last spike to be under where Chespin was standing before. Chespin shook its head, it was back to normal
"Ches!"
"Good to know you're back, buddy! Now, use Rollout!" Chespin used rollout, aiming directly at Zubat.
"Ches!"
"Let's see how you like that!" Darrius suddenly noticed a small scratch on Chespin's back, revealing that he was still hurt from the poison fang, just not as much as it could've been, nor were they poisoned.

Marsh's Zubat managed to stop itself right before it hit the spike, but it was too late for the bat Pokemon. The Chespin's Rollout attack rammed into the Zubat, practically running the bat Pokemon over. It laid on the ground, almost looking like a crushed bug. Marsh sighed, and returned Zubat. She couldn't let this happen. She couldn't! This kid just waltzed into her gym, expecting to beat her with a single plant type?! Marsh unclipped the second Pokeball, pointing it at Darius.
"Come on out, Seviper. Let's really show this kid who's boss." Marsh commanded. The Seviper burst from the Pokeball, hissing intently. Marsh would have to be careful. That Rollout attack could be trouble.
"Alright, Seviper! When that Rollout attack hits you, hit that Chespin with your Poison Fang and try to stop it rolling!" Marsh commanded. Seviper nodded, and waited for the Rollout attack to come back for a second time. It's fangs dripped a purplish poison as it prepared for the attack.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alex was still spectating the battle, noticing Chespin and Darrius. "Maybe he really wasn't using his full potential... Well, we're rematching again soon!" She said, looking up from her book. Even though she could get an easy badge, she wanted a challenge. It wouldn't be fair since Marsh is probably tired, and Achilles is a steel type. After watching for a while, she opened up her book again and continued to search for strategies.

Darrius smirked. He knew what to do, as it had when Chespin was battling Achilles earlier, Rollout stopped in front of Seviper, this time, on purpose,
"Now! Vine whip!" Chespin pushed themselves out of the way of the poison fang with one, going up, and the other was used to attempt to throw Seviper under Chespin.
"Ches!"
"Now! Use Rollout to stomp on them!" Chespin stopped keeping himself up with vine whip, and he started to use rollout while falling, Chespin's spikes showing greatly, attempting to roll over Seviper.
"C'mon! I know you can do better!" Darrius told Marsh, he wanted her to use her Seviper's full potential against him, he didn't care if it would make him lose.

At first it seemed like Marsh's plan was going to work. The Chespin was barreling towards Seviper, but just a Seviper lunged at the Pokemon, the Plant-Type jumped into the air with it's Vine Whip and attacked from above. Seviper let out a surprised hiss as the Chespin slammed into the snake, but it quickly reacted. Acting on instinct the Seviper attempted to wrap around the Chespin, hopefully stopping it's continued Rollout.
"Don't you talk to me about doing better! Seviper, Poison Fang!" Marsh commanded. The Seviper lunged at Chespin once again, it's teeth coated in poison. Had she even landed a solid hit on this freaking Pokemon yet?!

Meanwhile, in the crowd, something caught the corner of Shiori's eye. There was a new trainer, a young lady. And with her was a rather large Pokemon, not native to Kanto. Shiori recognized it anyway, since it was an Archeops. It was a Pokemon that one of the Elite Four used, the Flying Type master Kano. How cool! It was a fossil Pokemon, right? So there weren't really that many Archeops out there. Another person with an Archeops, that was pretty cool! Shiori had half a mind to go up and talk to her...

Wait a second...

Shiori gasped. That wasn't just a trainer lady with an Archeops... That actually was Kano!!! Kano, an Elite Four member, here! In this gym! Shiori had no idea what to do.

"Ches!" Chespin said in pain at the poison fang, which added to the damage AND poisoned him. This was not good, Darrius thought, however, he had one more trick up his sleeve
"Ugh, it's risky, but it just might work. Belly Drum, Chespin!"
"Ch-ches!" Chespin used Belly drum, only Half of his health left.
"Chespin! With your powered up rollout, break out!"
"Ches-ches ches-pin!" Chespin sped up as fast as he could, if he couldn't break out, it would at be extremely painful for Seviper, and Belly Drum had made it even stronger. This is our last chance Darrius thought to himself. The poison did a small amount of damage to Chespin while he was rolling.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Nathan decided to a take a lil’ break, since he, himself, and his Pokémon were tired. Despite already going to the Pokémon center, it was not enough.

He went to a nearby malasada shop and decided to rest there. He ordered Malasadas for him and his Pokémon, and also some hot chocolate.

Then, after he ate, he stayed in the restaurant, planning ahead for his next gym battle and going forward to his adventure.

The Seviper let out a screech, and found that it was not able to contain the Chespin. The Chespin shot out of the Seviper's grip, leaving the snake Pokemon in pain and hurt. The Seviper weakly got up, looking in the direction of the Chespin. Marsh had enough of this.
"Seviper. Let's get this over with. Battle Bond." Marsh said, as her bracelet began to glow. An aura began to glow around Seviper, and gold spikes began to grow out of it. It looked at the Chespin, a glare in it's eyes.
"Use Poison Tail!" Marsh commanded. The Seviper shot towards the Chespin, swiping with it's blade-like tail and powered up by the Battle Bond.

"Woah!" Darrius said in reaction to the battle bond.
"Ches!" Chespin shouted. Darrius said
"Chespin! Try and block it with vine whip!"
"Ches-Ches!" Chespin attempted to block the tail from hitting him, however, he found that he was slightly getting pushed back.
"Chespin! Try and throw them over your head! Then use rollout!" Chespin attempted to throw Seviper over him, then, he turned around, and began to use Rollout to try and finish Seviper. The poison damaged Chespin. Quarter health remaining.

Last edited:
This... this was impossible. Marsh watched in shock as Darrius' Chespin not only blocked the attack from Seviper's powered up Poison Tail, it held it's ground! H... how? Seviper had nailed it with a Poison Fang, and the Chespin had even used Belly Drum on it's self! How did it have so much health left? The Seviper tried to swat away the Chespin as it rolled towards the Fang Snake Pokemon, but it was too late. The Chespin's Rollout hit the Seviper straight on. The Seviper skidded across the battleground, sliding to Marsh's feet. The changes brought on by the Battle Bond disappeared, and the Seviper refused to get up. Marsh looked up at Darrius, still shocked. A red blush of embarressment began to spread across her face, and she recalled her Seviper.

"Good... good job, kid." Marsh said. She... she had lost. Moreover, she had lost to a kid with one Pokemon, a Pokemon that was weak to the type she specialized in! She walked up to Darrius, still feeling a little embarrassed.
"Here. It's the Nightshade badge. My favorite TM, too. Poison Fang. It's pretty good, because it's got a good chance to poison an opponent. So use it wisely." Marsh said, handing Darrius the two items. "Good luck out there."
Marsh walked back to the machine, healing up her Pokemon once again. She lingered at the machine for a moment longer, taking a deep breath and clearing her mind. That was that. There was no changing it now. She wasn't going to give up, and wasn't going to hold back. Sure, she had lost in front of an Elite Four member, to a Pokemon that was weak to her gym. But there was nothing she could do about that now. What's done is done.

Marsh turned around, walking back over to the battle floor.
"Alright, you punks. Which one of you is coming up next, huh?" Marsh exclaimed.

"Thanks for the battle! It was great! Truth be told, Chespin was close to losing that one." He ran off, taking the items, and he waved to Alex to say he was heading to the Pokémon Centre quickly on the way, and that he would be right back. He ran to the Pokémon centre, got his Pokémon healed, and he headed back to the gym, when he arrived at the seats, he said to Alex
"I'm back!"
"Ches!" Chespin said hello.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alex looked up from the book, as Darrius sat back down next to her. "Congrats on getting your first badge!" She said to him. She put the book back into her backpack and started to look around. There weren't a lot of people, mostly Marsh, herself, Darrius and Kano, the Flying type Elite Four, sitting down. She wasn't sure what to do, she didn't want to battle Marsh, but it would feel weird walking out. Alex just sat there and looked around, trying to not cause attention.

"C'mon, I know you want to do it." Darrius told Alex, smiling. "You got this!" He chuckled. He pat Alex on the back.
"Ches, ches ches!" Chespin said, chuckling in an attempt to get Alex to battle.
"C'mon. Don't be shy about it!"

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"I don't know... And besides, I want to actually earn my badge. I feel like I'm using a way around the system, using a Steel type." She said, looking at Achilles. "I've rather give myself a challenge and beat the second gym with Shroomish!" She told him. "Sorry about ranting on about this, I just want to push myself to my full potential." She sighed.

Marsh looked around at the trainers in the stands, crossing her arms.
"Come on, punks. I don't got all day. Either challenge me, or get out of here." Marsh said. Shiori turned to Corrine, and gave her a thumbs up.
"Wish me luck!" Shiori said. The dark hair kid recalled Raza and Magikarp to their Pokeballs, then stood up and pointed at Marsh. "I'll take you on! You're going down!"
Marsh sighed and shook her head, but gestured for Shiori to get to the battle area.
"Big talk for a newbie trainer. Let's just get this battle started." Marsh said, sending out her Zubat.
"That's fine with me! Take this, one of my most powerful Pokemon! Go, Magikarp!" Shiori exclaimed. The dark haired boy threw the Pokeball, and Magikarp slapped onto the gym floor.
"Karp!" Magikarp exclaimed, flopping about.

"Are you... are you serious?" Marsh slowly looked at Shiori, her face getting closer to one of rage. She'd been having kids mop the floor with her Pokemon pretty much all day. Pokemon that were strong against Poison, Pokemon that were weak against Poison, Pokemon that were way stronger than they should've been. Marsh had thought that the lowest thing was being beaten by a single newbie Grass-Type Pokemon. Evidently, she was wrong. If she got beaten by a single Magikarp, she'd never hear the end of it!
"Zubat, Poison Fang!" Marsh commanded, pointing at the Magikarp. At the same time, Shiori pointed to the Zubat.
"Magikarp,time for your new super-powerful attack!" Shiori exclaimed. He struck a pose as the Zubat swooped towards Magikarp. "Tackle!"

Shiori's Magikarp jumped at the Zubat, striking it in mid-air. The attack knocked the Zubat back a little, but the bat Pokemon was still able to sink it's fangs into Magikarp, hurting it a lot more than the Tackle attack.
"Hah! That's all you got?! Magikarp, Tackle!" Shiori commanded.
"Zubat, Poison Fang!" Marsh said.

"Well, this is gonna take a while, isn't it?" Darrius asked Alex as he began to relax, he said "So, do you want to keep watching, or do you want to go, since you want to battle the next gym instead of this one?" He smiled, he clearly was bored of this, watching a Magikarp battle was something he hated doing, it would take to long, he thought.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"I'm fine with starting to go to the second gym." She said as she got up. "Well, we don't got all day!" She chuckled, seeing him sat down still. She exited the gym and went outside. She walked up to a sign, which was points to a large grassland, then into a mountain which was surrounded by lava. On the sign, it read "Route 3- The Road To the newly constructed Mt.Lunar!". She started to walk up, ready for the Rock and Fire types that awaited her and Darrius.

Darrius smiled as he ran to catch up with Alex, when they arrived, he said
"Heh, this looks neat, I'll try to catch a fire type or a rock type, that'll improve my team." He smiled, and cocked his head "Can't have you getting ahead of me just yet, now can I?" He smiled, and ran forward, trying to see if he could find any wild Pokémon that would want to join his team.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"You're on!" She said, diving into the grass. She started to walk around for a bit, until she found a Magby. It looked a bit aggressive and angry as it fell onto his side. "Whoops, sorry about that!" She said, bending down and smiling at it. However, still being angry, the Magby attacked with an Ember! Still at Alex's side, Achilles ran in front and used Iron Head. Alex quickly got up, and she quickly threw a Great Ball at it. "That was a close one..." She said, sitting on a nearby bench. "I think I'm done with teambuilding, so I'm ready to head in when you are!" SHe shouted to Darrius.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Alright, Route 3, here we go Coiflet!” Nathan exclaimed to himself, quickly running over with his Coiflet flying fast right near him. He ran all the way to the Route 3 sign, and read it. It said:

Route 3:
The Route to the Newly Constructed Mt. Lunar!

Nathan ran at full speed ahead, while Coiflet was flying at the same speed. Nathan was intending to catch a Pokémon using the hard way, by running at full speed in the bushes. He then stopped for a bit, to the notice of a Rockruff looking at the Coiflet and its trainer.

Darrius smiled, he hadn't come across any Pokemon yet, however, he had just spotted a Pokemon he had never seen before, he said
"Hm, think I found something!"
"Ches-" Chespin was cut off as the pokémon attacked!
"Ka!" After a short battle, starting with Darrius identifying the Pokemon as 'Katama', he caught the fire type, he ran over to Alex, and said
"Alex! I caught something, and I think you might think its cool!" He sent out his new pokémon, and after using a potion on it, introduced to Alex "This is Katama."
"Ka-tama!"

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
The Rockruff gave a stare. Yeah, a stare. Not just any stare though, a fierce stare. Nathan realized it was the case that it was ready to battle.

“Coiflet, stay back. Type disadvantage is not what we want. Shinx, stand in to battle!” He said, sending Shinx out of its Poke Ball.

“Shin, Shi!” Shinx said, ready to battle.

“Quick Attack, now!” Nathan said, sticking his hand out and commanding the Pokémon to use its move. The Shinx tackled the Rockruff in a fast motion, and Rockruff got hit. However, Shinx’s guard got down as a Tackle responded, dodging it however.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Huh, I never seen that Pokemon before.." She said. "It still looks cool though!". She then saw another trainer with a Pokemon she never seen. "Hey, why don't you test Katama with that trainer in a bit? You might as well." She pointed to the boy battling a Rockruff. "I'm off to the cave, so see you there!" She shouted before running off to Mt.Lunar.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Alright, Thunderbolt!” Nathan then commanded, as the Shinx launched another attack. It was a long thunder that then reached the Rockruff, which couldn’t dodge it. It was still good, however at a probable low health bar.

Nathan then threw a Poke Ball at the Rockruff, which then shook 2 times, and then 3 times. Rock ruff was caught!

Before catching the puppy Pokemon, he heard a voice, but was not aware of it. He stood there for a second, while Coiflet just stared at Nathan, noticing the trainer near him.

"Wait! They're busy, I can't battle them right no- oh. She's gone. Ah." Darrius sighed "Well, I might as well wait for them to finish so I can battle them." He watched the battle unfolded, and when it ended, he walked up to the trainer, and said "Uh, hey, wanna have a battle? I got nothing better to do, and I've got to see how strong my new pokémon is."
"Ka!"
"By the way, that's a cool pokémon you have there." He smiled.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Err... um, sure. I also have nothing better to do, so yeah. Also, thanks for the compliment on my Pokémon!” Nathan replied, whilst his Coiflet looked at the Trainer.

First trainer battle, eh? Nice, if you don’t count that gym leader who’s name I will not mention, because I just feel like it, haha, Nathan thought.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“You’re on. One on one since I just want to move this on after this goes out.” Nathan replied, also smirking, and getting up to battle.

“Alright, Choco, on it to battle!” Nathan said, pointing out to the other Pokémon. Nathan wanted the other trainer to take the first move, since he had never tried that out and honestly it didn’t matter that much in battle.

“You got first move!” He then said.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Lava lamp? What? Choco, dodge it!” Nathan commanded, and the bird Pokémon dodged it and then the move shatter a piece of lava. Coiflet did get affected, however.

“Dance of Owls, now!” He then commanded. Choco began to dance, and then feathers off its headdress came and surrounded the other Pokémon, hopefully lowering its defenses.

Darrius frowned, he hadn't seen this move before, however, Katama seemed a little defenceless afterwards
"Katama! Use Lampede again!" He did a slight gesture with his eye, and Katama fired off another Lava lamp, this time just to the left of Choco, which was barely noticeable.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
The lava lamp was going fast, and Nathan commanded Coiflet to dodge, but it was quite late. Coiflet tried to look like it was painless and almost succeeded. It was critical, however.

Coiflet then winked at the other Pokemon and then its feather began to come back onto its headdress.

“Choco, use Growl now!” Nathan commanded. Instead of Growl, however, a wind began to brew. This was not Growl, this was Gust! Yeah, freakin’ Gust!

“Wait a minute, that ain’t Growl..” Nathan then said.

Darrius frowned at the move gust, however, he could tell that Choco was getting weaker, so he said
"Let's try a different move, Katama, use scratch!"
"Ka!" Katama attempted to run at Choco, and hit it with scratch, narrowly avoiding(But still taking some damage from it) the gust. Katama got in close, and scratched.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Dodge that and then use Peck!” Nathan then commanded to Choco as it dodged the Scratch just in time and flew up. Then, the Coiflet’s beak lit up, and it went straight towards the other Pokémon at a really past pace, hopefully making this one get in.