• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Neo Kanto Adventures

Darrius looked at the gym leader, and nudged Alex, in case she hadn't noticed, he then whispered to her
"I think you are able to handle this on your own, why don't you give it a shot? I can if you want." He smirked, figuring that Alex would go for it. He thought to himself
I have a disadvantage, so I need to see how this gym leader battles a bit more before I try to battle her. Alex will probably win thanks to Achilles immunity to poison.

"Come on, Shiori! That was weak!" they yelled from the bleachers. "So who is next?" they asked. "Because I have no clue!" she said. She thought she would have the upper hand, due to both of her Pokemon being immune to poison. She just needed to see their strategy. They wanted to see who would go next.

Clint took his first bange and TM then he left the arena and he looked toward it to see how other trainers fight "Let's see how other fight Izanagi" Clint told to him when he gived him a Pecha Berry and Sitrus Berry.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“I’m next, I got here first.” Nathan replied, immediately running to the battlefield and getting ready for battle. It was his first gym battle, and it was ready for him now. He was ready any second now to do the battle, and his heart beat very fast as he was very much read to battle. It was a bigger crowd now, but Nathan would think he’d be able to handle it.

Marsh
Marsh eyed the approaching challenger, another kid. This one had black hair, and was wearing a baseball cap. Taking a glance at the stands, Marsh sighed and shook her head. This was going to be a long day. The stands were all full of twerps like the first kid she battled. Great.
"You sure about this, kid? Just because I'm the first Gym Leader for you, doesn't mean I'm going to be going easy on you. You better have brought some Antidotes, because my Pokemon are definitely going to be doing what their type suggests. So prepare to be confused and crushed as I, Marsh, take you down!" Marsh said. She pointed her her Pokeball at Nathan, and out of it burst her Zubat. Marsh hoped that this kid was going to be like the last one, tough and smart, but she had pretty low hopes. There was no way she'd be lucky enough to get two kids who knew what they were doing, especially in a row.

Shiori
Shiori tried to brush the goo off himself and Magikarp as best he could, then walked over to the stands and sat down next to Corrine and Cornelia with as much dignity as he could muster. The stands actually looked pretty crowded, with quite a few new trainers to take on the Gym. Shiori guessed it was a pretty popular starting point, starting off at the same Gym Red did all those years ago. Shiori, of course, wasn't born when that had happened. But still, it was a pretty popular thing. Back at home in Vermillion City, he would sneak downstairs after dark just to watch some of those famous Gym battles on the VCR. A pretty amazing thing. But now, Shiori was doing it! He was going to face the Gym Leaders, and make it all the way to the Champion!

Shiori glanced at his two new companions. He wondered what they thought about, when it came to Red. It was unusual, hadn't Cornelia said she was from Alola? That's pretty far away. And Corrine... Shiori had never seen a Vulpix that color before. Was it Shiny? And more over, was she from Kanto as well? Shiori decided to ask.
"So, Corrine... Where are you from?" Shiori asked.

Meanwhile, back on the first floor, Raza poked the slime her trainer had disappeared in and shuddered. Even if there were sounds of battle on the first floor, there was no way Raza was going to let any of that goo get in her fur. Deciding to simply sit and wait, Raza went over to the wall of the Gym and sat down, curling up in the corner and waiting for Shiori to show up again.

Clint started to think that his pokemons need to meet with Nurse Joy so he headed to the entrence, when he came through the goo he saw a Zorua, who was lying on the floor, he came closer to her and he started "Hi there, What are you doing here... Where are your trainer, is it one of those who are now in the gym?" Clint asked pokemon and he waited for some kind of reaction, he saw that one of Zorua pud was in the goo "So that Zorua wanted to go upstairs, maybe I can help her out" He said to himself in mind.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Oh, Zubat first. That’s perfect, Nathan thought.

“Shinx, get up to battle!” He said, releasing Shinx out of its Pokéball. It was now time to battle. Battle. Battle. Battle. Shinx gave a quite intimidating stare at the Zubat and used its ability to try to lower the Poison/Flying Pokemon’s defense.

“Alright Shinx, start off with a Thunderbolt!” Nathan commanded.

Shinx jumped up a bit in the air, and it shot a fast Thunderbolt straight towards the small bat Pokémon.

Marsh
The blast of lightning struck the Zubat, knocking it right out of the air. Marsh's eyes widened, and she stared at the Zubat in shock. What... what the heck was that low level Pokemon doing knowing that high-level move?! That was insane! Marsh recalled her Zubat, a little shaken by the sudden take down. She had not expected that.
"Y... you punk!" Marsh exclaimed, sending out her Seviper. "I'm not going to let you get away with that! Seviper, Swagger!"
The Seviper nodded, then advanced towards the Shinx in a cocky and confident fashion. It hissed an insult at the Shinx, and looked ready to fight.

Raza
The Zorua got up as a human approached her. Raza backed up, the hackles on the back of her neck rising, and she let out a low growl at Clint. She wanted nothing to do with this strange human.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
(Sorry, wasn't getting notifications.)

Alex was thinking long and hard about her strategy, until Darrius nudged her. "What?! Oh, I'm fine with going third, second, you name it. And besides, it would give me time to think." She said to them. She then looked back into the book Darrius gave her and started writing her plan. "So if it opens that up, it could blast it back- I think..." She thought. "Oh, and also what's your name?" She said, talking to the girl sitting besides Darrius.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Don’t underestimate me.” Nathan said.

However after that talk, Shinx was filled with a sudden greatness in itself, so it went a little ‘cocky’. However, the electric type Pokémon got confused after a move from Seviper. Its attack went up, but the confusion was on.

Hmm, I want to be careful right now. I may want to bring Choco out, but not right now, Nathan thought.

Shinx, Quick Attack!” Nathan then commanded.

Shinx headed out towards the Seviper, but instead, was heading the other way. It hit a wall and took damage due to the confusion.

Fudge, Nathan thought.

Marsh
Don't underestimate him? Marsh would be sure not to do that. The shock from the Thunderbolt was beginning to wear off, and Marsh couldn't help but to smile. Time to get this battle back on track and really show this kid who's boss.
"Seviper, Poison Fang!" Marsh commanded. The Fang Snake Pokemon slithered rapidly towards the Shinx, then lunged at the electric type. It aimed to bite the small Pokemon, it's fangs dripping with a purple poison. If she got lucky, the attack would poison the poor Shinx. So, take that!

Clint saw that Raza had something in common with Izanagi, they was giving Look with superiority. "I can leave her like that, but I can force her to go with me. Her trainer wouldn't be happy if he needed to go once again through the goo..." Clint was thinking for some time then he searched in his pokets for something what could help him. He found a candy" I was once tricked that this is rare candy... Maybe Zorua likes sweets, And when she will ate, I will take her to her trainer" he thought then he said to Zorua, loud enough for her to don't ignore him "Hey Zorua, Do you want a candy. It's very tasty"

Raza
Raza took another step back, still growling. She paused, however, when Clint took out a piece of candy. If there was something that Raza really loved, it was candy. Her and Shiori would sneak out and take the rail to Johto, just so they could buy some RageCandyBars. So Raza definitely had a sweet tooth. Her defenses lowered a little bit as Clint held out the candy, but still looked at him with suspicion.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
And the Poison Fang landed. It was sure to hurt Shinx, but it didn’t seemed poisoned at all. It was a bit critical, however. Shinx did seem a little weak at the moment, so Nathan would have to use Shinx’s Volt Switch. But, with a twist.

“Shinx, Double Team and then all Shinx clones use Volt Switch!” Nathan commanded.

The Shinx used Double Teams, which made clones. They all used Volt Switch, however only 1 other clone and the actual Shinx made it work.

Shinx, after the attack, due to the move’s effect, was forced to go back in its Poké Ball if it were to hit.

Clint was a little proud of himself, he forced Zorua to hear him and he got her interest with a candy, he opened it and he carefuly placed it close to Zorua then he opened his bag and he found two more candies. "Zorua, I will give you candies and I will help you pass through the goo to your trainer so... Trust me a little" Clint told to Raza.

Marsh
Marsh couldn't believe it. She just couldn't believe it. Yet another high powered move from this kid's Shinx! What the heck was this kid?! The Seviper's eyes widened as what looked like three Volt Switches made their way to towards the Seviper. Only one hit the Fang Snake Pokemon, however, knocking it back. But at least Marsh knew what was coming up next.
"Seviper! Whatever that next Pokemon is, attack it with Poison Fang!" Marsh commanded. The Seviper slowly got up, looking a little tired, then slithered over and got ready to strike.

Raza
The Zorua looked at the candy that the human had placed close to her, then at the two candies in his hand. She slowly approached the candy on the ground and ate it. Raza couldn't understand the human, but she did want to the candies he was holding. Using her Illusion ability, she made Clint see herself staying still, while making her real self invisible. The Zorua ran over and snatched the two candies out of Clint's hand, then sat down behind Clint and allowed her Illusion to disappear as she ate the candies. She felt quite proud of herself.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Shinx then returned to its Poké Ball due to the Volt Switch’s effect. “Alright, good job Shinx. Now Choco, battle ready!” Nathan said, pointing his poke ball and releasing the Coiflet.

Then a Poison Fang was coming to strike; and with a warning. The Coiflet went up in the air and barely dodged it, however it gave a bit of damage due to a tooth able to minimally hit and poke.

“Now, Choco, on the beat! Use Dance of Owls!” Nathan then commanded.

The Coiflet’s headdress began to turn all the way white and it flashed, and it began to dance, hoping to get the Seviper off its guard and lower its defenses.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alex's eyes widened to what Pokemon she was seeing. "I've never seen that Pokemon..." She said, still shocked. She knew it was from a foreign region, but she had no idea what. It resembled somewhat of a newborn Rowlet. She was guessing that "Dance of Owls" was it's signature move. Calming down a bit, she saw that Marsh's strongest Pokemon was Seviper, so she started to look for her strategy.

Darrius shook his head at what he called the "rash desicions" made by the gym leader. He said
"The gym leader's panicking. We'll need to capitalize on this to attain victory." He flipped through his book, and stopped on a page with Chespin on it. He looked at it, trying to figure out which ones he would be able to do.

Meanwhile..

Kano stood in front of Pewter Gym, her Archeops looking over her shoudler. The trainer then pulled out a pack of bird seeds from her pocket, making the bird’s eyes widen. His trainer poured a handful into her hand, allowing the Archeops to eat from there. The trainer responded to this by giggling.

“I think you needed a little snack after flying all the way here. C’mon Archie, its performance check time.” Kano spoke, storing away her tiny pack of bird seeds.

Kano and her Archeops then entered the gym, finding a spot on the bleachers to watch the battle below them. Her Archeops situated himself next her, his talons digging into the bleachers.

Clint quickly saw that he didn't felt his candies but he saw them in his hand. He looked with anger at Zorua "You little, I don't have time for you but your trainer can be worried. So, I will take you if you want to or not" he took Raza up and he walked to second floor. He was sure that it won't be easy but he couldn't leave this pokemon alone. He heard that once his Father left pokemon in Pokemon Center and it was stolen. He didn't wish that for anyone.

Marsh
Seviper watched as the Coifet began to dance around it, a little confused as to what it was doing. This was a battle, not some sort of dance-off! Unconsciously, Seviper found his defenses beginning to lower.
"Seviper, don't let him distract you!" Marsh said. "Counter with your Swagger!"
Seviper glared at the Coifet, then began to advance in a cocky, arrogant fashion. It hissed another insult at the Coifet, and looked ready to attack and confident in it's power.

Raza

When Clint grabbed Raza, the dark type immediately began to squirm and yelp. This human-!? He was taking her-?! Raza was not about to let herself get kidnapped, and the Zorua began panicking. Acting quickly, the Zorua bit Clint's hand as hard as she could, in hopes that he would let go of her.

Clint finally reached the second floor, he felt great pain becouse of Zorua bite but he was still walking through the goo. Then he came to the group of trainers and he send question to them "Who left this pokemon on the first floor?" Clint asked roughly. He looked at every trainer here, then he put down Raza on the Floor.

Raza
What... what was happening?! Usually, when Raza bit someone they let out a yell and got the message! But this human didn't seem to get the message! She was brought to the second level when the human finally let her go. The Zorua quickly scampered away, still chewing on the candy she had snatched from Clint. Scanning the stands, she spotted Shiori and ran over to him, trying to hide from the strange human that had brought her up here. On her way, she accidentally tripped over Kano's foot, but kept running. Shiori looked down in surprise at Raza.
"Raza? But... I thought..." Shiori picked up the Pokemon, confused. Hadn't he put her back in the Pokeball? No? He must've been mistaken. "What have you been up to?"
Shiori looked up and noticed Clint.
"Uh... Thanks."

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Marsh: (I'll be RPing for Marsh for now.)

The Coiflet inflicted Stare onto Seviper, which increased it's Attack but lowered Special Defense and sharply Defense.
"Now, Seviper, use Poison Fang!" She shouted. Seviper launched itself into the air as it's fangs glowed purple. "If It goes too badly, I'll have to resort to this..." She said, feeling the bracelet on her arm.

"If you really want to Thank me, then you can give me a bandage" Clint told Shiori and he showed him his bite hand. He still felt pain but it weakened when Raza stopped. He sat down on the floor and he looked at Shiori "You schould be more careful next time, okay. I think that you also want be a Champion, how can you become one, if you can forget your own pokemon" he asked him, but in his voice didn't hear that he is angry or that he try to piss off Shiori.

"Oh... I, uh... Sorry!" Shiori said, looking through his bag and giving Clint a bandage. But what Clint said next made Shiori hesitate. He... he didn't forget Raza! He... he just misunderstood, that was it. Shiori had thought Raza was with him. How could he forget Raza? They were friends. It was just a mistake... Shiori muttered a quiet "Thanks" as he took Raza in his arms, looking away.

"I'm sorry, if I hurt your feelings. But, I would be sad if something would happend to my pokemon. So... Hey, my name is Clint. Maybe we will meet each other again" he said as he was putting on a bandage. He looked at the group of trainers once again and smiled at Shiori.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Another stupid Swagger. This is going to be a long battle, Nathan thought, as Coiflet got confused and its Attack rose.

There was a lot of discussion in the stands, but it seemed like the people battling didn’t give a thing.

Then another Poison Fang approached, and Nathan commanded, saying, “Dodge it, and then use Peck to the Seviper.

Choco raced to dodge in the air, as it barely dodged it this time. Then its beak turned all the way white, and it flashed. It was aimed right at the Seviper from the air, hoping to make the landing with the Peck on the Seviper.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
The Peck clashed into Seviper, nearly causing it to faint. causing it to faint. "Seviper, use Poison Tail to knock it out of the air!" She said, hoping it would work. It was the first time she tried this technique, and she wasn't going to be happy if it didn't work. She really didn't want to lose twice- they all look like fresh trainers, yet she underestimated all of them. Every now and then, she has to remember she isn't using her full potential, being the first gym leader.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Coiflet got hit with the Poison Tail, however it stayed up in the air. It was critical and damaged more then it would. Coiflet didn’t really get poisoned either, so it was fine.

“Coiflet, now another Peck!” Nathan commanded. Coiflet went up from behind Seviper in the sky, then racing down quite fast and hopefully hitting again.

Y

Yifun618

(OOC: Sorry for not responding all weekend! Some stuff came up, I was really busy)

Corrine turned towards Shiori upon hearing her name called. "My home? We bounce around a lot. Most recently, Sinnoh. But I have lived in Johto and Unova for a good time too." She looked down at Vera, who was curled in her lap, licking herself clean. "I met Vera in Sinnoh. We lived in Jubilife city for a good while, then moved out to Snowpoint following my dad's work. I met Vera in a little outside Snowpoint about a year ago. She's great, I love her. Kept me company for a long time." Corrine gave Vera another pat, at the mention of her. Vera looked pleased. Corrine continued, "I've never seen a Vulpix like Vera. I didn't know she was a Vulpix at first until I heard her cry. It's odd. Rather than a fire type, Vera seems skilled in ice. Took me forever to figure out what moves she can use. Hard to do that without a Pokedex and when no one in the region has ever seen a Vulpix like her."

"But Jubilife City was my favorite place to live. I guess I'm just a city girl, I don't know. Taking walks at night, listening in on conversations and the bustle of everything..." She looked longingly into nothing. "Nothing like it. I think I'll move back there when I get older." Corrine noticed she had been rambling a lot, so she stopped herself there. "Enough about me though, how about you two?" She asked, motioning to Cornelia and Shiori. "What's your story?"

"Me...? Oh, I'm Kanto, born and raised! I'm from Vermilion City." Shiori said. He stood up pointing a thumb to himself. "I... am going to be a hero!"
He sat down again, a smile on his face.
"Imagine it... A hero of humble origins. A young boy, born into a poor fisherman's family. A young boy, fan of shows like Saint Seiya, Speed Racer, Dragon Ball, and Cowboy Bebop. A young boy, fan of epic Pokemon showdowns. A young boy, destined for greatness!" Shiori said, pointing to the sky.
"Karp!" Magikarp added on.
"Of course! One day, while the lad was helping his father on their fishing boat, a wave came and swept the boy overboard. The quickly pulled the boy away from the boat, and all looked lost. That was, until..." Shiori held up the Magikarp, who 'Karp!'ed gleefully. "A Magikarp came to the boy's aid. For the so-called 'weakest Pokemon', Magikarp can swim pretty good. Working together, both boy and fish made their way back to the shore. As the sun set on the city, the boy made it to shore. It was the start of a powerful friendship."
Shiori appeared quite proud with his story telling. Raza seemed a little annoyed, however, poking Shiori and pouting. Shiori simply smiled, putting the Zorua in a headlock and petting the Pokemon.

"As for the story of the shadow fox, well, that's for another day." Shiori said.

Y

Yifun618

"Your aspirations are rather large, aren't they..." Corrine commented a little quietly. Then she suddenly noticed Raza right next to him, like it had been there the whole time. "Wait... How long has that Pokemon been there?" She hadn't even noticed it. It wasn't with him outside, it was just her, Cornelia, and that girl that didn't talk.. "Wait." Corrine realized something. That girl was gone, and now here was this fox. "Does that Pokemon have a shape shifting ability? I've never seen anything like it. What species is it?" She was impressed. It had fooled her, that's for sure.

"Oh, Raza?" Shiori said. The Zorua looked at Corrine, and smirked. "Raza here is a Zorua. She creates Illusions to disguise herself."
At that moment, Raza decided to cast the Illusion on herself to make her appear human again. Now disguised as a bit of a punk girl, Raza smirked at Corrine and waved.
"Yeah, she's not really from Kanto. Evidently, she's supposed to be from some region called 'Unova', and even then she's really rare. So I really have no idea how some fisherman like my Uncle got his hands on her." Shiori said.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Seviper, dodge!" She said, but it was too late. The Peck clashed into Seviper, letting it faint. "It seems I underestimated you. The Nightshade badge." She said, giving the badge to Nathan. She didn't like losing, but she did expect - she was the first gym leader. "You should take this as well, it's the TM for Poison Fang.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Oh, um, thank you. Very much.” Nathan said, then grabbing the badge with a smile. He then rushed off out of the gym to heal his Pokemon and go forward from there. It was a big victory, but however both of his Pokémon got exhausted and hurt badly.

After healing his Pokémon, he sat on a bench for a little, enjoying the sun a little.

Having healed her Pokemon again, Marsh looked once again to the group of trainers in the bleachers. To her surprise, Kano, the Elite Four Member, was there. An unexpected guest. Marsh had this happen to her before, an Elite Four Member coming to review her work. She had no idea what the Flying-Type Elite Four member was thinking, but she hoped it was good. Even though she had lost, Marsh had given it her all. Surely, all these kids sitting in the audience couldn't be prodigies like these last two.
"Well. Who's next?" Marsh asked, tossing her Pokeball in her hand.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alex wasn't sure what to do. She could easily win with Achilles, however she wanted to see if the others would battle Marsh instead. "I'll spectate matches. Besides, I want to battle the second gym with Shroomish." She said to them, holding Shroomish's Great Ball. Alex then opened up the book and started to look in the "Kalos" section.

Darrius sighed, it seemed no one else was going to do it, so he said
"Well, if no one else wants to do it, I will." he sighed, and picked up Chespin. "I'm not gonna be stupid, though." He smirked. He had figured out most of the gym leader's strategy, and was thinking of a way to counter it while saying this.