• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nemesis Generation #027 Aznymph and #028 Aznaiad

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Morning!

I shall continue show casing Pokemon from the Nemesis Generation today, with the first two of a four part split evolution water family!

027 Aznymph.PNG
Aznymph, the Mer Pokemon. There appear to be large differences between male and female Aznymph, as shown by the colours of their head and body. Although this seems to have little impact at this stage, their genders will alter dictate their roles in the colony. Their bodies appear to be made up purely from water, which is held in this form by their golden belt. Their ability is Water Absorb and they evolve at level 16.

028 Aznaiad.PNG
Aznaiad, the Mer Pokemon, take on different duties within their large underwater colonies depending on their genders. The males tend to patrol the coral palaces that these Pokemon call home, protecting them from intruders, whilst the females gather food. Neither have been known to venture very far from their colonies, which means food can some times be in short supply. As with Aznymph, their ability is Water Absorb.

Aznaiad appear to be the only Pokemon whose stats are effected by their gender. Whilst both have rather average defenses and HP, the males have a high Physical Attack, whilst the females boast a stronger Special stat. This difference is leading up to their split evolution which occurs at level 36.

That's all for today! Join us again soon for the final two Pokemon from the Aznymph family!

Those look great!
I like Water types anyway, but i'd love to have a Azniad in my team.
The head looks a little like Gardevoir, but the body is more Marshtomp and Huntail.
Love the colours, too.

is that a meditite head i see? anyway, i love how the gender differences are actually significant like hippowdon not just bigger abdomen like scizor.