• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nemesis Generation #004 Turmolta

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Welcome back to the Lab! Today, I will be showcasing Pokemon #004 Turmolta!​

turmolta.png
#004 Turmolta
Fire Type​
Lava Pokemon​
Turmolta is another of the Pokemon that I offer to starting trainers, mainly due to the fact that it loves the company of humans. This can prove problematic however, as special glands in this Pokemon's back produce a hot lava which seeps through pores on its' back. Due to this, trainers must be careful where young Turmoltas', who find it hard to control their lava, stand in case they burn the floor or ground beneath them.​

Turmmolta isn't very fast, and whilst its' attack power is average its' advantages lie in its' defenses, both of which are above normal standards. Being a mainly defensive Pokemon, Turmolta favours neither special or physical attacks and and has been known to often use the moves Ember and Headbutt attacks.​

Like Florabbits' Overgrow ability, Turmolta's Blaze ability increases the power of it's fire type moves when it's health is low.​

Jupon reaching level 14, Turmolta evolves in to tomorrow's featured Pokemon, Turvolca.​

Thanks again to Rain!

And now for the Dex entry and original sprite for Turmolta.

004Turmolta.png

I disagree with both of them! I think Turmolta is adorable! (Why am I always bias towards fire types?) Anyhow, I like how you're making this line unlike other fire starters in the fact that it's slow and defensive. Looking forward to tomorrow.

You know, I have to agree with Dragodden. I always love fire types and always start out with them (except cyndaquil) and I love this one especially. I really like how you made sumorabbit fast and with high attck and this one slow with high defense. It switches things up a bit, and I would definitely want to start out with this one.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Rain, your artwork is just so epic from all the one's I've seen so far. Turmolta is so cute, and I love the pose you've done him in. Epic work ^^

Same comments to Nem as well, I've always loved your fakemon sprites and how much detail you give them. The imagination behind some of your ideas is brilliant.

I do like Turmolta the best out of the two starters so far, being biased towards fire-types. Being slow and mostly defensive, he wouldn't really fit in with my battle style, but meh. His cuteness wins.

Great work, both of you. I can't wait to see more artwork and 'Dex entries from the Nemesis Generation ^^