• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Need a good team for Pokemon XD

Long time since I've been in the Clinic, but anyway, I need help setting upa good team for XD: Gale of Darkness. Here's what I have so far:

Jolteon@no item
Thundershock
Protect
Thunder Wave
Bite

Houndoom@ no item
Faint Attack
Flamethrower
Bite
Fire Blast

And I am currently working on a Crobat, but here is Golbat's status:

Golbat@ Soothe Bell
Confuse Ray
Bite
Wing Attack
Swagger

These are still in progress (hlp neede for these guys as well)

Here is my team I'm thinking of

Jolteon@ unknown
Thunderbolt
Protect
Thunder Wave
Unknown fourth move

Houndoom
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Crunch/???
Protect
And I have no idea what the 4th move should be

Crobat
Poison Fang
Swagger/Confuse Ray
Areal Ace
Toxic/Hyper Beam

Tyranitar
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Sesemic Toss/Selfdestruct (if it can learn it)

Salamence
Dragon Claw
Fly/Areal Ace
Fire Blast/Earthquake
Unknown fourth move

And I'm either choosing between Snorlax or Scizor. Here's movesets for both, I will go with which is best:

Snorlax@ Lum Berry
Selfdestruct
Rest
Snore
Protect/Hyper Beam

or

Scizor
Steel Wing
Siver Wind/Brick Break
Areal Ace
Mimic/Protect

Suggestions?

I can help on a few things...

For Tyranitar, why would you want to teach it self-destruct if it can learn it? While Siesmic Toss isn't my preference, it would be probably be better than Self-Destruct.

For Snorlax, again, why would you want to have self-destruct on the move list? I know its strong, but it will KO Snorlax and whoever your second Pokemon is (assuming Gale of Darkness is double battles). Hyper Beam is a strong move, especially since the physical/special split didn't happen yet, but it leaves Snorlax open to an attack. I would teach it Headbutt or better yet, a move that covers other types, like Earthquake.

For Scizor, Teach it Brick Break for more type coverage, since bug attacks are mainly against Psychic pokemon, which your Houndoom and Tyranitar cover with their Dark attacks. Instead of Mimic or Protect, try teaching Scizor Swords Dance, as it will sharply increase its Attack stat.

For Crobat, keep Toxic over Hyper Beam. By using a Toxic/Confusing combo, it can severely cripple other Pokemon.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
XD's severe limitations with regards to TMs and hold items means trying to make any sort of decent movesets for the game is a near-impossible and overall pointless task since you don't even need good movesets to beat the game. Normally, I'd try to say something at least remotely useful here, but with what little XD has to offer, the best things to do are simply to go with the basics on your movesets and keep your levels high.