• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: Shinobi’s Dawn (Discussion)

Fine I will edit to he moved during the talk rather than after the action kicked off. Apologies.

Hey I felt pressured to post after you and Retro did and I didn't want to get lost in the shuffle. You could have mentioned to hold a reply here when I first talked in the discussion today lol
I thought that I would've finished before you lol, but I had to go on a tangent in post to explain Kikyō's kekkei genkai more. In any case, you should be fine. The Water Shield came in clutch.

I thought that I would've finished before you lol, but I had to go on a tangent in post to explain Kikyō's kekkei genkai more. In any case, you should be fine. The Water Shield came in clutch.

Thanks, between the larger gourde and use of shield vs. wall I am being much more mindful of how much water I use for jutsu and how much Hiroshi has on hand to avoid another Azumi situation from the other RP lol

Hiroshi aimed to strike from below as he lunched with his spear from the branch underneath and tried to stab at the foot of the Konoha-ninja. If it worked well, he'd stab clean through and "pin" him to the branch for whatever brief period he could before it'd break off setting up Kikyo if she could trace his location as well.
Kazue is on the tree trunk, like on the side of the tree, so idk how the spear is supposed to reach him. Like if Hiroshi pops out to strike him instead, he leaves himself open to getting sliced by the wind as well.

Y'all thought I was joking when I said Night was exposing my combat strategies...smh

875678_4E5099FC-5055-41E7-A67C-40FA81C51274.jpeg

art by @=Nightshade=

"Yeah of course, this may pinch a bit." Hiroshi advised, having had some experience with first aid though he'd far from call himself an expert on this. Still he could help her here with but a bandage as he accepted the bandage from her and moved to her wound in the back as he carefully attempted to lay it and firmly press it over the wound so it was nice and covered.
I read this and imagine Hiroshi trying to put a kids band-aid over a wound way too big for it to cover xD

Just so we're on the same page, I was thinking these types of bandages.

103282281-medical-bandages-on-gray-background-medical-equipment-.jpg

@=Nightshade=

So...I’m confused- are we supposed to react to that?
What’s the point of it? To disorient us? If so- how’s it work? Perhaps I’m misunderstanding the post.
Yoshi has already begun to run away, so who are you targeting? Him or Kani and Garu?
Can we get an idea of the size and scale of the attack?

Got no real idea how to, or if I’m even supposed to, reply to that.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I didn’t honestly know what else I was supposed to post, honestly. I didn’t have much to say. Hideki is more of a strategizing supporting role for Keba, not really a hand-to-hand combat person, though he could do that if needed. If we’re being completely honest here I was at a complete and total loss for what to post other than chase after the group and make myself open to interaction. It was mostly just a generic attack, not really targeting anyone but with the intent to slightly weaken everyone. I was under the impression they all had started fleeing but I guess I was mistaken.

Uhhh... let’s say it’s targeting Kani and Garu. I’ll edit so Hideki didn’t run into the woods. I could have him try to draw one of the others away instead of just attempting to help on all fronts. Sorry for the confusion, I’ll edit after school today.

@=Nightshade=

What’s the point of it? To disorient us? If so- how’s it work? Perhaps I’m misunderstanding the post.
Yoshi has already begun to run away, so who are you targeting? Him or Kani and Garu?

Well Keba attacked Yoshi...

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
@=Nightshade=

I didn’t honestly know what else I was supposed to post, honestly. I didn’t have much to say. Hideki is more of a strategizing supporting role for Keba, not really a hand-to-hand combat person, though he could do that if needed. If we’re being completely honest here I was at a complete and total loss for what to post other than chase after the group and make myself open to interaction. It was mostly just a generic attack, not really targeting anyone but with the intent to slightly weaken everyone. I was under the impression they all had started fleeing but I guess I was mistaken.

Uhhh... let’s say it’s targeting Kani and Garu. I’ll edit so Hideki didn’t run into the woods. I could have him try to draw one of the others away instead of just attempting to help on all fronts. Sorry for the confusion, I’ll edit after school today.

Aight I edited, hopefully that’s more clear for y’all XD
Apologies~

He’s on the ground behind a tree

This is a great reminder.
I should note- yes, our characters are ninja. We’re supposed to use stealth, tricks, unexpected maneuvers, etc.

But at the same time, we’re also writers. We construct stories and bounce off of each other’s ideas. Because of this- any an all actions need to be at least hinted at in-rp before they occur.

Example: No one would’ve seen Yoshi burrow into the earth, but I still explicitly stated what happened once he was out of sight-

This is important so others can paint a full picture of the scene, and respond accordingly.
Other than that, nice. Lol

Alrighto! So while the lot of you gather your wits and try not to get eaten by the 2-story bear, let's talk about arcs after the exams!

Carrying over some experience from the other Naruto AU, its certain that finding a sweet spot for arcs is notoriously difficult. We don't want every arc to turn into a world-crisis since that's way too high tension for our level of Ocs, but we need something just high-tension enough to attract the attention of all the Villages and powers.

Zand and I have been discussing at length, and we believe there are some solutions to be found in filler arcs and movies. It's non-canon material BUT it allows us a basis for a lot more creativity with writing enemies and implementing unique restrictions that keep the threat-level near something our characters can handle.

Here are some potential options:

1. Land of Sky
  2. Land of Snow
  3. Stone of Gelel
  4. Ruins of Roran
  5. Shiromari
Successful completion of these missions could give the respective OCs (and by extension their nation) access to perks which, while impressive, wouldn't be game-breaking.

Also, remember that Role Playing is collaborative, so feel free to include your own thoughts on future arcs and plans so they can be discussed!

The future missions sound pretty neat. Cool suggestions! I had to look up all five of them, cause I got no clue what none of them are. 1,2, and 4 look like really cool locations. Especially 1. Floating city? Pretty cool. I like the aesthetics of the city. 3 sounds the most interesting IMO. A stone that gives regeneration effects? Pretty cool. 5, Giant chameleon? Sounds pretty interesting. I like 3 the most, but I'd have to do more research on the subjects to have a stronger opinion. Though I digress. Great mission ideas.

We’ve had some drops and some accounts go dark, but to make sure everyone gets alerted to the above discussion post (so that doesn’t continue):

@kyuukestu
@ThAtGuY101
@DarkHydraT
@Godjacob
@Retro Master
@=Nightshade=
@sSoul
@Gamingfan
@Schrift

Please welcome the new recruit, @Barefoot_Kittens

We’ll need to get some decent quests going simultaneously after the Chunin Exams to give everyone a loosely interwoven driving force. As you may realize, this pre-planning stage is gonna be essential to keep things interesting.

If you have any ideas- whether they be oc concepts, one-off quests, new lore, etc. We’d love to hear it.

Last edited: