• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: Shinobi’s Dawn (Discussion)

The future missions sound pretty neat. Cool suggestions! I had to look up all five of them, cause I got no clue what none of them are. 1,2, and 4 look like really cool locations. Especially 1. Floating city? Pretty cool. I like the aesthetics of the city. 3 sounds the most interesting IMO. A stone that gives regeneration effects? Pretty cool. 5, Giant chameleon? Sounds pretty interesting. I like 3 the most, but I'd have to do more research on the subjects to have a stronger opinion. Though I digress. Great mission ideas.
I've got GRAAAAND designs for the lot of you!

Sudden Rumors of wha— A flying castle? The legacy of an extinguished nation! The Land of Sky is renowned for its unique flying machines, that's not something you want in the hands of your enemies. Your orders come straight from the Kage, find the Flying Fortress and secure the Flying machines. If you can't, then destroy them at all costs! We can't allow our enemies to gain this long-lost technology.

The Land of Sky mission will go something like that. There'll be a limited number of 'lost technology' to acquire and it'll be a competition between the teams to obtain and hold onto their loot.

We’ve had some drops and some accounts go dark, but to make sure everyone gets alerted to the above discussion post (so that doesn’t continue):

@kyuukestu
@ThAtGuY101
@DarkHydraT
@Godjacob
@Retro Master
@=Nightshade=
@sSoul
@Gamingfan
@Schrift

Please welcome the new recruit, @Barefoot_Kittens

We’ll need to get some decent quests going simultaneously after the Chunin Exams to give everyone a loosely interwoven driving force. As you may realize, this pre-planning stage is gonna be essential to keep things interesting.

If you have any ideas- whether they be oc concepts, one-off quests, new lore, etc. We’d love to hear it.

I don't even know what to post. Ryu Ryu has just been kinda running through the woods like a madman with plans for camping, hunting and maybe and maybe glaring at that one ninja that nobody would miss. Not that he would eat that student or anything. What? I don't know anything about that.

Joking aside. The only post ideas I got are one liners.

I don't even know what to post. Ryu Ryu has just been kinda running through the woods like a madman with plans for camping, hunting and maybe and maybe glaring at that one ninja that nobody would miss. Not that he would eat that student or anything. What? I don't know anything about that.

Joking aside. The only post ideas I got are one liners.

Encounter Otogakure

The mauled trees were a warning that most animals of the forest knew well. They were the gates of hell: they marked the boundaries of Its den. It was the reason the musical trio could find no prey. What manner of creature would be so bold, so dare, so suicidal as to trespass upon Its abode? It was the ruler of the forest. Every creature that lived therein, did so on its grace alone. From fence to shining fence, the entire forest of death was its hunting ground. But here, nestled against the river banks, was its sanctuary, the place that
it had chosen as its resting ground. And now, something had violated that sanctum. A foolish action.

It
raised its nose, a deep whiff filling its lungs with the scent of something new and unfamiliar...intruders. It released a growl that shook the trees, divesting them of their leaves.

Anger burned in its chest. It rose on its four feet; its shoulders easily twice—no, thrice—the height of a fully grown man. Rising onto its hind legs, its height doubled if not tripled: its head brushing the canopy. It took another sniff and fury filled its veins. Its rage deafened the forest, a roar that resounded for miles.

The musical tree had certainly drawn something out, but it was no meal.

- - - - - - - - - -
Anko cleaned the last of the sweet, sticky mochi-dango from her lips; she tossed the wooden skewer aside, where it joined several of its kind in depicting the cute, rounded face of a bear. She smiled, pleased with her handiwork, and reached for her tea to wet her throat. She paused only slightly as a resounding roar swept over the outpost, stirring waves inside her little teacup.

"Already?" She muttered, throwing a glance into the forest. "Must be an unlucky batch, they've already run into one of the forest's rulers."

She laughed and reached for another skewer of mochi-dango, making short work of the three candied rice-balls. She tossed the wooden skewer, evidently intent on starting a new diagram.

"They've still got another four days, maybe they can avoid the other rulers."

@Godjacob @DarkHydraT @ThAtGuY101

This post was for you sound guys, you've successfully encountered one of the strongest creatures in the forest! Good luck!

Courtesy of the Forest of Death!

This actually isn't the worst encounter you could've pulled. I have similar 'boss encounters' for a few other creatures and the bear is actually mid. It's the insects that you have to worry about...
Gotta love that chitin armor

@Godjacob @DarkHydraT

Utano's gonna join them in the fight right? I mention this because I'm in the middle of my post, and I have Ryu Ryu giving the signal with his drums. I'm asking now so I should know to keep it in or take it out.
Utano's gonna join, but not before rubbing in that they made a dumb mistake by camping in obviously death territory

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I’ll need some posts rolling out from those currently in fights, please.

I realize life gets in the way, so I waited for the weekend- but we were inactive during that time as well.

Hope to see some replies rolling out soon! :)

Sorry for the wait lol been binging anime with some friends and totally not getting addicted to Genshin and I kinda forgot

I’ll get smth up a little later today hopefully

Do you want Ryu Ryu to live or get viciously mauled to death?
I mean if the bear noticed him already both are distinct possibilities regardless- XD

Do you want Ryu Ryu to live or get viciously mauled to death?
Sorry for the wait lol been binging anime with some friends and totally not getting addicted to Genshin and I kinda forgot

I mean if the bear noticed him already both are distinct possibilities regardless- XD
Luckily this is a naruto RP, and plot armor is strong with Naruto.

Luckily this is a naruto RP, and plot armor is strong with Naruto.

About that...we are all liabilities in-rp. If your character puts themselves in a situation they can’t handle, death is a very realistic, and likely, outcome.

Thanks!

Now @Barefoot_Kittens just needs to revive from her abrupt death. Lol

I changed his ability from tunneling jutsu to hide like a mole jutsu. I may edit more in the future.

Name: Sasai Arasaka
Nationality: Sunagakure
Ninja Rank: genin

Chakra Nature: earth
Kekkei Genkai (If Applicable): n/a
Hiden (If Applicable): puppet master. Sasai has three puppets under his control. The strength of his puppets will depend on the whatever point in the RP he is in.

Pride / 誇り / Hokori:
Hokori is the name of a 4 ft. tall humanoid light brown puppet with six long arms with the ocasional spikes pertruding randomly on its arms and legs. Its hair is long and messy. its clothes are a tattered outfit which bares a similar resemblance to the outfit worn by anbu blackops. Hokori can swing its whip-like arms with various toxins excreted from the spikes. Hokori's arms are twice the length of its body. Hokori's legs dangle around as the puppet usually walks around on its arms, when not in close quarters combat.

Hakori is his go to puppet. He takes it everywhere, and usually wears it like a backpack. due to its long arms that can simply wrap around Sasai. Sasai prefers to summon his other two puppets when he needs them.

Honor / 名誉 / Meiyo: Meiyo is a large 9 ft. tall humanoid with a tattered outfit made up of leather and fur. its thick burly body can be layered with surrounding dirt and rock to increase his already high durability. Meiyo resembles an ogre of sorts bearing odd misshaped elongated sharp teeth, red skin, horns ,and other ogre-like qualities. Meiyo has bones decorating its outfit. He's slower than Hokori ,but makes up for it in powerful blows ,and durability. hakori was also built to be very resiliant to elemental attacks as well as physical attacks. Meiyo is special in a sense that it has two fighting styles. called fight mode and protect mode. Fight mode is its default mode in this mode it hits hard and it can move with relative easy. The second is protect mode. Protect mode is slower ,but makes up for it with much higher resilience.

Joy / 喜び / Yorokobi: Yorokobi is a 3 ft. spider-like puppet with 8 legs. Yorokobi is filled with all sorts of medical tools and medicine. While not a front line fighter like Horoki ,or a defender like Meiyo. Yorokobi has various poisons ,and other tools to incapacitate an enemy. it can also use those same tools to prevent excessive blood loss, ,and has a wide array of medicine from anti-venom, antiseptics, anesthesia ,and all sorts of other medical items at its disposal.Yorokobi looks the strangest of the trio. Yorokobi has a body like a turtle, legs like a spider, a head with four faces. Each face is a bird's face. The front is a crane, the left is a crow, the right is a rooster, and a peacock in the back.

Sasai also knows earth release: Hiding like a mole technique, which allows him to create underground tunnels

and a genjutsu of his own creation called earth style sandman jutsu which is basically just shikamaru's shadow sheep genjutsu that puts people to sleep, but with earth style.

Appearance:
Sasai is a pale complected boy that stands at 4'10 ft, and weighs 96 pounds. He's fairly thin, but somewhat muscular. He's also pretty short, and a little self conscious about it. He has deep eye bags, and sometimes has bloodshot red eyes from sleep deprivation. He usually hides this under a pair on rounded orange tinted glasses. The glasses have a silver frame. His eyes are turquoise in color. Chestnut brown long hair similar to Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho. He wears a black bandages around his lower abdomen, and a red silk half-vest with chinese buttons.(no sleeves). There's a orange Chinese phoenix on the back. He wears silk pants that match his top however theres a orange dragon on the side of his pants instead of a phoenix. He has black bandages wrapping around his shins like how they do in northern shaolin styles. He also has the same black bandages around his wrists and stop at his knuckles(kinda like how fingerless gloves look)he wears the same sandal shoes every naruto character wears. Except his are dark blue ,and cover most of his shins and most of the bandages. His arms and legs are all four prosthetic. His prosthetic limbs may look similar to real limbs ,but close inspection will reveal this to be false. His prosthetic limbs are slightly more tan thin his actual skin pigment.

Personality:
Sasai is a bit of an impatient, and somewhat eccentric boy, bordering on sadism. He loves tinkering with his prosthetic limbs, and is always looking for a volunteer. Preferably a willing person in need of a new arm or leg. Nobody ever wants a limb removed, but he loves to ask anyways, just in case. For the most part he's just a friendly guy who struggles to make new friends. However he is somewhat self serving ,and almost never does anything without a chance of great reward. He can also be snarky and childish too when he doesn't get his way. He is slowly growing out of the childishness, but the snide remarks still remain.

Personal History:
Sasai grew up in the village hidden in the sand. As a kid, he had no real motive or interest in becoming a ninja or shinobi of sorts. He seen the way ninjas came and gone. There were more cons than pros to becoming a ninja so he didn't desire that life. He did however take great interest in puppetry ,and puppeteer ninjas by association. He liked the unusual puppets the most. As a kid he made small toy puppets as a hobby. He enjoyed giving them weird or creepy faces. Sometimes multiple faces. He also enjoyed painting them different colors.

As Sasai grew older his art became more serious. He was bent on perfecting them that he no longer cared about painting them anymore. For a while he even lost his interest in making puppets. His only motive was to simply make them 'perfect'. Though he could only try. His puppets were always flawed in some way or another as he was only human, and humans do make mistakes.

One day an earthquake hit, and the home Sasai was in collapsed. Sasai was rescued, but his left arm was horribly injured as part of the roof fell, crushing it. Sasai had to have it ampliated. This lead Sasai to briefly fall into a depression which lasted roughly two months, when an old friend, the guy who taught him how to make puppets, gave him a wooden prosthetic arm. It was somewhat crude compared to the ones he uses now, but the man put a lot of effort into making it sturdy to last. Sasai began improving on the arm, and eventually just scrapped it entirely after he could simply make a better one.

Sasai grew to like his prosthetic arm. It was much more limber than his actual arm, and he could always modify the prosthetic one to his liking. For all tenses and purposes, working on his prosthetic arm was just like working on puppets. Sasai eventually went on to replace his other limbs. He also rediscovered his love of puppet making as he continued to make and improve his puppets. Though he liked improving his limbs the most. Sasai was practically a puppet himself. Not really, but he enjoyed being able to work on them. He enjoyed it so much that he may have became a little obsessed with it. Maybe a little too obsessed. If he starts saying "The flesh is weak, I can fix that" than someone should stop him. At some point his mentor manages to persuade Sasai into taking the mantle of a ninja. He never really cared for the nin-do or any of the other ninja traditions when he first joined, however he is slowly becoming more accustomed to it. He still enjoys making fun of ninjas with complicated or sappy nin-dos and stuff, but that's neither here nor there.

Clan History (If Applicable): N/A?

-Stats-
(90/90)

Strength:
Speed: 9
Durability: 8
Dexterity: 8(+3 prosthetic limbs)
Stamina: 15
Control: 16
Ninjutsu: 10
Genjutsu: 10
Taijutsu: 6

Edit: fixed a few grammatical errors.

Last edited:
*A random puppet ninja pounces! and steals your fish*

"Haha! It was I, Dio Sasai!" Sasai said as he ran off with the fish at RP breaking speeds, aaaand he crashed and fell cause breaking RP rules is a no no. Dropping the fish and allerting a giant alligator-tiger in the process.

If you want, Sasai could bump into him...

Would not be against anything. Except "appears right behind her and strikes her neck" that I may take issue with lol