• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: Shinobi Road (Discussion & Sign Ups)

I'm just imagining standing on the ground and then out of no where a huge mineral comes out of the ground below you and destroys your body.
I understand your concern, but I will not do that. Mineral Release is different for each person, and there is a radius to it. Unless your opponent has an affinity for a mineral like amethyst or something and there's a big chunk of it nearby, it won't happen.

Name: Shīnkai Myōsida
Village: Kumogakure
Clan (If any): Myōsida
Nature Affinity: Water Release, Ink Release
Kekkei Genkai (If any): N/A
Skills (kenjutsu, shurikenjutsu, etc.): Fuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu

Appearance: Shīnkai, often shortened as Shī, is a lanky girl of lithe build. Her fingers are rather long and dexterous, from years of art and crafts. Her skin is tanned, as with most Kumo residents, and she boasts a shroud of rainbow-colored locks.

As a young girl, she'd had the Ink sacs of a squid implanted in her body in an attempt to replicate the 8 tails' ink production ability. Although she successfully gaining the ability to produce ink from her body, its interactions with her chakra have manifested in her body, such as her multi-colored hair, which is as a result of the colored inks inside her.

She has a pair of matching scars on her abdomen, shaped like crescent moons, and marking the location of her ink sacs.
Personality: Shīnkai is quite the affectionate girl, quickly warming up to people and even being quite clingy and spoiled. She also, however, has a tendency to make certain misunderstandings.

Age (9-13): 10

Other: Mugen
======================================================================================

and that about does it for my chars :blush:

Last edited:
Original Map & Color Coded Map Displaying all the Shinobi Villages

upload_2019-6-7_1-34-24.png

• 5 Great Shinobi Villages
    • Brown — Iwagakure
    • Red — Konohagakure
    • Yellow — Sunagakure
    • Blue w/ Silver border — Kirigakure
    • Black — Kumogakure
  • Minor Shinobi Villages
    • Green — Kusagakure
    • Ice Blue — Shimogakure
    • Red w/ blue border — Yugakure
    • Indigo/purple — Tanigakure
    • Blue — Amegakure
    • Orange — Ishigakure
    • Silver — Uzushiogakure
    • White — Land of Waves
    • Cream — Otogakure
    • Pink — Takigakure
  • None Shinobi Nations
    • Grey — Land of Iron

We don't exactly know where the Land of Iron is on the map, so its location is just assumed for AU purposes.

These maps are for reference and so they will be added to my post at the beginning.

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-7_1-26-3.png
    upload_2019-6-7_1-26-3.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 37
Name: Chōzu Eitsumai

Village: Sand

Clan (If any): N/A

Nature Affinity: Unknown

Kekkei Genkai (If any): None

Skills: High combat versatility and speed. Skilled strategist.

Appearance: Shaved black head and bright amber eyes. Caramel colored skin spackled with light scars. Sand Headband. Where’s sleeveless black trench coat that’s dirty brown in color with white trim. Legs and feet are adorned with classic black Shinobi pants and shoes. Plated armor forged from a similar material as his headband adds protection to his forearms and shins.

Personality: A day dreamer. Has trouble with interactions as he’s off in the clouds most of the time. This character flaw is offset by his vast knowledge and wisdom for a ninja his age.

Mugen. Here’s my Team Leader.

Last edited:
Name: Chōzu Eitsumai

Village: Sand

Clan (If any): N/A

Skills: High combat versatility and speed. Skilled strategist.

Appearance: Shaved black head and bright amber eyes. Caramel colored skin spackled with light scars. Sand Headband. Where’s sleeveless black trench coat that’s dirty brown in color with white trim. Legs and feet are adorned with classic black Shinobi pants and shoes. Plated armor forged from a similar material as his headband adds protection to his forearms and shins.

Personality: A day dreamer. Has trouble with interactions as he’s off in the clouds most of the time. This character flaw is offset by his vast knowledge and wisdom for a ninja his age.

Mugen. Here’s my Team Leader.
Would prefer 17-18, but otherwise Accep—

*squints*

*sips tea*

Is that really needed?

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Name: Takuma Chikawa

Village: Tanigakure

Clan (If any): Chikawa

Nature Affinity: Earth and Water

Kekkei Genkai (If any): Mud Style

Skills (kenjutsu, shurikenjutsu, etc.): Is a skilled ninjutsu and taijutsu user. He is decent at shurikenjutsu and can barely even start to understand genjutsu.

Appearance: Takuma has very short brown hair and brown eyes. He cares very little about his appearance and has visible mud stains on all his clothes from practicing his ninjutsu. He is slightly taller than most boys his age. He wears a green sleeveless shirt and blue pants. He wears bandages around his hands and arms.

Personality: Takuma is a very energetic and kid. He is very passionate about being a ninja, and he wants to be taken seriously. He hates when he isn't taken seriously because of his clan. He sometimes wishes he didn't have to associate with them. He practices a lot, although he oftentimes forgets to clean up the mess that comes from his kekkei genkai.

Age (9-13): 13

The Chikawa clan is a clan with the mud style in Tanigakure. They are often looked down upon despite their strong abilities, due to their silly nature, and their tendency to leave mud everywhere.

Name: Yasami Inuzuka

Village:
Konohagakure

Clan:
Inuzuka

Nature Affinity:
Yang release, Fire release

Skills:
High speeds and acute senses. Fights along side her partner Osamu.

Appearance:
Yasami has her black hair in a high spiky ponytail. She has the standard red fang tattoos of the Inuzuka clan. She also has green eyes and pale skin. She wears a forest green jacket with black feaux fur lining. Underneath she wears a white t shirt.

Her partner has mostly dark grey fur all over his body. The ends of his paws are white along with a white line going between his eyes and widening at his snout.

Personality: Yasami likes to live on the wild side. She enjoys danger and likes to live on the edge. She tries desperately to not be seen as weak or boring. She trains hard whenever she can.

Osamu has a more refined personality. He is often a voice of reason for Yasami, despite not having an actual voice. He is able to let her know when she gets a little out of hand. Which is good because she doesn't want to mess up her first time training new genin by being to intense and pushing them too hard.

Last edited:
Name: Takuma Chikawa

Village: Tanigakure

Clan (If any): Chikawa

Nature Affinity: Earth and Water

Kekkei Genkai (If any): Mud Style

Skills (kenjutsu, shurikenjutsu, etc.): Is a skilled ninjutsu and taijutsu user. He is decent at shurikenjutsu and can barely even start to understand genjutsu.

Appearance: Takuma has very short brown hair and brown eyes. He cares very little about his appearance and has visible mud stains on all his clothes from practicing his ninjutsu. He is slightly taller than most boys his age. He wears a green sleeveless shirt and blue pants. He wears bandages around his hands and arms.

Personality: Takuma is a very energetic and kid. He is very passionate about being a ninja, and he wants to be taken seriously. He hates when he isn't taken seriously because of his clan. He sometimes wishes he didn't have to associate with them. He practices a lot, although he oftentimes forgets to clean up the mess that comes from his kekkei genkai.

Age (9-13): 9

The Chikawa clan is a clan with the mud style in Tanigakure. They are often looked down upon despite their strong abilities, due to their silly nature, and their tendency to leave mud everywhere.

Name: Yasami Inuzuka

Village:
Konohagakure

Clan:
Inuzuka

Nature Affinity:
Yang release, Fire release

Skills:
High speeds and acute senses. Fights along side her partner Osamu.

Appearance:
Yasami has her black hair in a high spiky ponytail. She has the standard red fang tattoos of the Inuzuka clan. She also has green eyes and pale skin. She wears a forest green jacket with black feaux fur lining. Underneath she wears a white t shirt.

Her partner has mostly dark grey fur all over his body. The ends of his paws are white along with a white line going between his eyes and widening at his snout.

Personality: Yasami likes to live on the wild side. She enjoys danger and likes to live on the edge. She tries desperately to not be seen as weak or boring. She trains hard whenever she can.

Osamu has a more refined personality. He is often a voice of reason for Yasami, despite not having an actual voice. He is able to let her know when she gets a little out of hand. Which is good because she doesn't want to mess up her first time training new genin by being to intense and pushing them too hard.

Alright, both are good.

=====================================================================

Question:

For the exams, we're thinking of shaking up the format a bit.

The Ocs will be placed in random mix-village teams of 2 or 3, and will need to find their way through a maze/labyrinth. In the middle of the maze will be some items to collect.

This maze will be accompanied by traps of various sorts. Nothing too dangerous since this is the genin exams, but they'll be enough to test your skill with ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu.

I will post the map of the labyrinth in the discussion thread, but OCs won't have access to the map and will need to wander around a bit to find their objective. I'll mark out the traps and special rooms in the labyrinth, and I'll leave it to you guys to chart your way through.

Does that sound like something you'd all want to do~?

@DarkHydraT @Retro Master @5DigitNeb @Killerbunny the god @Joelkjn the fox @Godjacob @Mystic Zander @Sarah316 @Sky5372 @Iazy guy who loves to eat @Nukas @Swirled @Grand Master Koop @kyuukestu

Alright, both are good.

Question:

The Ocs will be placed in random mix-village teams of 2 or 3, and will need to find their way through a maze/labyrinth. In the middle of the maze will be some items to collect.

This maze will be accompanied by traps of various sorts. Nothing too dangerous since this is the genin exams, but they'll be enough to test your skill with ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu.

I will post the map of the labyrinth in the discussion thread, but OCs won't have access to the map and will need to wander around a bit to find their objective. I'll mark out the traps and special rooms in the labyrinth, and I'll leave it to you guys to chart your way through.

@DarkHydraT @Retro Master @5DigitNeb @Killerbunny the god @Joelkjn the fox @Godjacob @Mystic Zander @Sarah316 @Sky5372 @Iazy guy who loves to eat @Nukas @Swirled @Grand Master Koop @kyuukestu
Yeah, sounds good to me

Alright, both are good.

Question:

Sounds good to me

Alright, both are good.

Question:

Yes a maze sounds like fun. I’m down with this.

Name: Jōdan Chikarajo
Village: Iwagakure
Clan (If any): Chikarajo
Nature Affinity: Earth
Skills (kenjutsu, shurikenjutsu, etc.): Taijutsu, Ninjutsu
Appearance: Has medium length buzzcut with the hair swept to the right, dark brown eyes, tall with above average shoulders length but not overly buff, just fit. Wears a black tank-top with a dark blue over shirt over it, dark blue camo shorts and black boots.
Personality: Jōdan is a jokester, he doesn’t take much seriously and loves most form of fun and excitement. He might not appear it at first, but despite all his fooling around he can be deadly serious when the situation calls for it. When such a situation occur, Jōdan would have sort of a menacing air around him. Is a caring individual and hopes for the best for those around him.
Age (9-13): 11

Last edited:
Question:

No objections here, sounds fun

Name: Jōdan Chikara
Village: Iwagakure
Clan (If any): Chikara
Nature Affinity: Earth
Skills (kenjutsu, shurikenjutsu, etc.): Taijutsu, Ninjutsu
Appearance: Has medium length buzzcut with the hair swept to the right, dark brown eyes, tall with above average shoulders length but not overly buff, just fit. Wears a black tank-top with a dark blue over shirt over it, dark blue camo shorts and black boots.
Personality: Jōdan is a jokester, he doesn’t take much seriously and loves most form of fun and excitement. He might not appear it at first, but despite all his fooling around he can be deadly serious when the situation calls for it. When such a situation occur, Jōdan would have sort of a menacing air around him. Is a caring individual and hopes for the best for those around him.
Age (9-13): 11
Is his nickname Jojo :v

accepted.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Alright, both are good.

Question:

Sounds exciting. Will make for some fun character interactions

Maze sounds like a fun idea.

Though I question if this is a bit....well, insane logistics wise for some academy kids.

I feel as though the Genin exams is more important.
Think about it, being a high ranking Shinobi is a great honor, but becoming and official Shinobi is the first step of the rest of your life.

Chunin/Jonin should be judged based upon there improvement. The Genin exams tests whether your really ready to work towards those goals or not.

This is just my opinion btw. So take it with a grain of salt.

Maze sounds like a fun idea.

Though I question if this is a bit....well, insane logistics wise for some academy kids.
Well, I do figure that the genin exams would have the most logistics around them compared to the Chūnin exams because, they're less dangerous.

In the Chūnin Exams the Villages don't actually monitor the participants. So long as they don't break any rules its a free world. If you die tough luck, try again in the next life.

These exams have logistics in place to ensure the safety of the participants. It's a more controlled examination, so it naturally has more going on behind the scenes.

With that, I believe most, if not all, OCs have been introduced~

The Maze will have three Floors (going down) and here are the Blank maps for each floor.

There are traps, doors, stairs, food, and a few other things scattered around the map, but exploring is half the fun~

For those who aren't into the exploration, filled-in maps are also available. Just PM me.

Key

Blue — Water
Dark Green — Walls
Light Green — Passageways

1st Floor
unknown.png

2nd Floor
unknown.png

3rd Floor
unknown.png

Graciously ignore my very poor Microsoft Paint Skill, uwu. They're minorly edited maps of the Golden Lair, from Etrian Odyssey IV.

The basics of the exam will be explained here, and then re-explained in the RP itself. Your aim is to acquire one of the treasures that reside on floor 3 of the maze and bring it back to the proctor.

OCs will be placed in teams of 3 for this exam.

Teams will be randomly chosen to add a degree of difficulty.

As you progress through the maze you will encounter traps, doors, secret passages, and a few other things, which I will present to your team in a Narration format.

E.g.

Your team encounters a large door, gilded with Iron and much too heavy to be pushed open. You notice an oddly, square-shaped indentation within the door, maybe an item could fit there?

Though actually passage through the doors/stairs will range from items, to combat, to riddles, puzzles etc.

It is advised you keep track of your location in the maze (easily done by copying the map into Microsoft paint), but I'll also be keeping track of the teams and their locations, so feel free to ask me if you're not sure where you are.

any questions?

@DarkHydraT @Retro Master @5DigitNeb @Killerbunny the god @Joelkjn the fox @Godjacob @Mystic Zander @Sarah316 @Sky5372 @Hungry Badass
@Nukas @Swirled @Grand Master Koop @kyuukestu

Last edited:
With that, I believe most, if not all, OCs have been introduced~

The Maze will have three Floors (going down) and here are the Blank maps for each floor.

There are traps, doors, stairs, food, and a few other things scattered around the map, but exploring is half the fun~

For those who aren't into the exploration, filled-in maps are also available. Just PM me.

1st Floor
unknown.png

2nd Floor
unknown.png

3rd Floor
unknown.png

Graciously ignore my very poor Microsoft Paint Skill, uwu.

The basics of the exam will be explained here, and then re-explained in the RP itself. Your aim is to acquire one of the treasures that reside on floor 3 of the maze and bring it back to the proctor.

OCs will be placed in teams of 3 for this exam.

Teams will be randomly chosen to add a degree of difficulty.

As you progress through the maze you will encounter traps, doors, secret passages, and a few other things, which I will present to your team in a Narration format.

E.g.

Your team encounters a large door, gilded with Iron and much too heavy to be pushed open. You notice an oddly, square-shaped indentation within the door, maybe an item could fit there?

Though actually passage through the doors/stairs will range from items, to combat, to riddles, puzzles etc.

It is advised you keep track of your location in the maze (easily done by copying the map into Microsoft paint), but I'll also be keeping track of the teams and their locations, so feel free to ask me if you're not sure where you are.

any questions?

@DarkHydraT @Retro Master @5DigitNeb @Killerbunny the god @Joelkjn the fox @Godjacob @Mystic Zander @Sarah316 @Sky5372 @iazy guy who loves to eat
@Nukas @Swirled @Grand Master Koop @kyuukestu
Lazy changed his name to @Hungry Badass

Also your MS Paint skills aren’t that bad lel

Edit: What does the blue stand for?