• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, I can kind of picture that. I still can't imagine them just splashing each other with water, but if ends up evolving into a fight then it's easier to imagine. I'm going to need time to look at all those vids, but I will get to it. I am trash at choreographing stuff so I'll probably leave that to you. I think the main change I'd make is the order of the star groups.
This makes it more of a build to the final day where I agree there should be a large water fight where everyone is involved. Alternatively, we could have it to where the 36 is in the middle, but I prefer the building idea.
The order doesn't matter much to me, its inclusive of all the 108 whichever way it's taken, so escalating groups is just as well as deescalating ones in my book.

If you go into it thinking they're just splashing each other, you'll be very underprepared for the carnage to come lol. It'd give me an opportunity to flesh out some of the Water Generals since this would probably be one of their favorite holidays. I'm thinking...

Damage Star — White Stripes in the Waves
Longevity Star — River Dragon
Retreating Star — River Churning Clam

alternately I might consider working on the Three Ruans

Ruan Jin — Sword Star
Ruan Ping — Guilt Star
Ruan Mei — Defeat Star

Since they're supposed to be prominent Water Generals as well, and since Baiyan is part of that sub-group so it would give me ample time to start making all the plans to correct her skill-set. It would also be a pretty good time to experiment with her flying swords.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Ah, yea, during the time skip between now and the Chunin Exams the Leaf will be overhauling their defense systems. Haven't decided what it'll be yet, since we didn't discuss that in-depth, but I did bring it up much earlier to the agreement of the relevant parties.

Good. It’s about time Kohona or any other villages start advancing in their tactical sphere, defensive and offensive

Yall say that like I wasn't stopped with every effort lol

The Jofuku flower thing that Hina set up was specifically with that in mind, though what Konoha will do with it remains to be seen.

A little different when you personally change a canon faction to be UBER powerful compared to their canon counterparts lol

Though if I must say, holy-

So many posts in such a short span! I miss this Rp being alive lol

So kyuu, I'm a little confused. Isn't the Crimson Star only to be used when a star has passed away? I don't really get why we are doing one for Minato because
A: Pretty sure he's still alive
B: He's not a star.
If I'm completely off base correct me.
Correct. The full Crimson Star ceremony is utilized when a Star passes away. Each of the Nadeshiko will shed blood, coating the body before it is burned on a pyre. The Ceremony is traditional, but it's also applicable as a general sign of respect. It would be acceptable to perform the Crimson Star for a worthy opponent or something like that. The idea is that the highest form of respect that can be given to a person is to shed your blood for them.

Sagisō does it because she has some respect for the fallen Kage, also Sagisō doesn't know the exact state of the Fourth. She did know he had fallen during the invasion, but she doesn't know whether he's alive or dead. The fact that a 5th Hokage is in Office though means that he's probably out of commission at the least.

The specifics of why Sagisō respects Minato are by proxy of what she would've heard from Hina and his fearsome reputation as the Yellow Flash. He has the power and alignment relative to her to garner her respect and since Katsuo brought it up she figured she'd at least give him a nod. She'd not asking Amari to spill her blood as well if that's what you're thinking. She only wants Amari to light the fire and burn the blood she's already spilled. Afterward, she will consider her 'desecration' of the Leaf's statue to be rectified.

More complexly stated, she respects Katsuo enough to differ to and appease him on something like this and she has enough reasoning otherwise with her relation with the Hyūga to actually have respect for the Fourth and thus she didn't mind showing that respect. Again, she's not expecting Amari to have the same respect.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Correct. The full Crimson Star ceremony is utilized when a Star passes away. Each of the Nadeshiko will shed blood, coating the body before it is burned on a pyre. The Ceremony is traditional, but it's also applicable as a general sign of respect. It would be acceptable to perform the Crimson Star for a worthy opponent or something like that. The idea is that the highest form of respect that can be given to a person is to shed your blood for them.

Sagisō does it because she has some respect for the fallen Kage, also Sagisō doesn't know the exact state of the Fourth. She did know he had fallen during the invasion, but she doesn't know whether he's alive or dead. The fact that a 5th Hokage is in Office though means that he's probably out of commission at the least.

The specifics of why Sagisō respects Minato are by proxy of what she would've heard from Hina and his fearsome reputation as the Yellow Flash. He has the power and alignment relative to her to garner her respect and since Katsuo brought it up she figured she'd at least give him a nod. She'd not asking Amari to spill her blood as well if that's what you're thinking. She only wants Amari to light the fire and burn the blood she's already spilled. Afterward, she will consider her 'desecration' of the Leaf's statue to be rectified.

More complexly stated, she respects Katsuo enough to differ to and appease him on something like this and she has enough reasoning otherwise with her relation with the Hyūga to actually have respect for the Fourth and thus she didn't mind showing that respect. Again, she's not expecting Amari to have the same respect.
I didn't expect her to want Amari to spill blood as well, I just didn't know the fact about the crimson star being used as a sign of respect. the situation makes sense to me now.

Unless something drastic happens within the next two days in RP, anyone have any issues if Kiro has three tomoe after the Timeskip to the exams? I was mainly waiting since I kinda wanted it to be a hype moment when he got it, like when they got ambushed by the jinchuriki and Kai got stabbed in front of him (still don’t know why the fuck I didn’t have him get it then :( ). However, I think it’s kind of long overdue now and it doesn’t seem like he’ll be getting another moment like that soon.

It’s pretty funny too considering he originally had it early on in the RP but had it taken away. Then Raiku got it only like a few weeks later just because he saw his clan mates get attacked (imagine when he sees them all dead :? ;) ) yet Kiro still doesn’t have it lel

Anyways, any issues, ideas, or comments about Kiro potentially getting 3 tomoe during the timeskip to the exams?

Unless something drastic happens within the next two days in RP, anyone have any issues if Kiro has three tomoe after the Timeskip to the exams? I was mainly waiting since I kinda wanted it to be a hype moment when he got it, like when they got ambushed by the jinchuriki and Kai got stabbed in front of him (still don’t know why the fuck I didn’t have him get it then :( ). However, I think it’s kind of long overdue now and it doesn’t seem like he’ll be getting another moment like that soon.

It’s pretty funny too considering he originally had it early on in the RP but had it taken away. Then Raiku got it only like a few weeks later just because he saw his clan mates get attacked (imagine when he sees them all dead :? ;) ) yet Kiro still doesn’t have it lel

Anyways, any issues, ideas, or comments about Kiro potentially getting 3 tomoe during the timeskip to the exams?
Might as well, he already has 3-tomoe esque feats so I don't really see an issue.

For some reason I thought he already had it lol. Sure

sSoul

Previously Swirled
There are any grand plans being put into motion, due to this being a filler arc. Right now, I have a post in the works where Taiyo meets up with Raiku and Kiro, but I lost motivation mid writing and I couldn't work up the nerve to resume. Btw if I don't post for a while, assume that something like what I've described above happened and call me out on it if you want.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
@Nukas @Mystic Zander I'm thinking the situation would be wrapped up by Sagisō mentioning they (she and Amari) need to prepare to leave tomorrow, and then she'd offer Katsuo a trip, which would give him the reason he needs to accompany them.
This is an ok solution to me, but I better get a fight soon, I swear I've been time skipped out of two fights now.

-----------------------------------------

The morning after the festival was off to a slow start. Parties dragged long into the night had robbed this morning’s fresh exuberance, and that went double—perhaps even triple—for the Hyūga’s hive of workers. Maids tottered around with zombified persistence completing their tasks through the molasses of the grog. The festive adjustments to their uniforms had been done away with and the observant viewer would notice a number of oddities.

Despite the slowed pace, work appeared to be getting done at an even faster rate than normal—a tribute to their disciple, perhaps?

Hinagiku mused to herself. Though she wouldn’t usually have missed the chance to marvel at her Clan’s industriousness, even it could not account for the increased work-output. That honor of that achievement went directly to the maid corps themselves, and their leader Natsu, who had mobilized them in their numbers.

Under normal circumstance only a fraction of the Hyūga’s maids were on duty at any point in time, however, having judged that their normal numbers would not be enough to tackle the herculean task of festival clean-up, the entire maid corps had been put to work which made their internal structure more apparent that it usually was otherwise.

The casual observer would soon notice there were four different uniforms and a keen observer would note that an inversely proportional relationship between how oriental the style of a dress was and the number of maids wearing it. The observer with keen eyes and an astute mind would likely guesstimate—and they would be correct—that the dresses denoted rank and the more oriental the uniform, the higher the maid’s rank.

Generally, maids above the second rank were hardly ever seen wondering the Clan, their duties were often far more specific than the first-class maid who handled cleaning and daily chores. However, regardless of their ranks, each maid that passed by the main residence gave a bow and a slight giggle before continuing her work.

“Uwuwu—" Furījia could hardly think of a more embarrassing situation as she flailed with discomfort.

“I-I’m too old for this!”

For the past few minutes, she had been helplessly confined to her mother’s lap as the duo occupied a bench just outside the main residence. Given her short stature and flushed cheeks, she looked like a lass who shied upon ten winters rather than the dignified heiress on the cusp of adolescence.

“Nonsense darling, you’ll never be too old for this~”

Cheerfully, Hina shot down her daughter’s attempt to worm herself out of her grasp. The fifth such attempt since morning and the last one, it would appear, as Furījia sighed and accepted her fate. The mother-daughter pair snuggled closer, both lapsing into silence and nostalgia. How long had it been since they last held each other like this? A year…? Perhaps two?

Neither wanted to interrupt this idle bliss, but it was eventually Hina who spoke first.

“I heard you dealt with the Taketori and Kohinata Clans in my place…? Tell me about it.”

She had spoken slowly, tentatively, and admittedly with a bit of wonderment, as she addressed her daughter. Pride was apparent in the curl of her lips, but as she listened to Furījia recount her experiences, the girl’s face growing more bitter with every line, her smile faded. Guilt twisted in her stomach, but even more vile was the realization of just how much she had neglected her daughter and just how far the girl has strayed along a road she was not meant to walk.

“I hated it…but I’d hate it, even more, to let everyone down. I understand what I need to do, so I’ll make the sacrifice.”

As Furījia finished her story, silence reigned between them and the girl’s final words stirred Hinagiku’s thoughts. She was…conflicted.

On one hand, Furījia was correct. There was a place for sacrifice in the world they lived in; she might even go as far as to say sacrifice was the lens through which a leader viewed the world. Every decision needed to be weighed and each choice wrought its own sacrifice, this was even more so when your choices forced sacrifice upon others. That was the reality of leadership and although she was glad Furījia had learned this lesson within the comfort of the village, rather than on the battlefield—where she herself had learned it—she couldn’t help but feel the cost was too high.

The pillars of the village today, its movers and shakers, had all be tempered in the furnace of War. They were a generation forced into maturity all-too-soon as the Third Shinobi War wrestled away the last vestiges of their childhoods and revealed to them the reality of what they truly were—soldiers.

That shocking transition from child to soldiers…

It was something she had desperately wanted her daughter to avoid, but it now appeared to her that her methodology was not as effective as she had initially conceived. Her focus had been on simulating a trial-by-fire within the safe confines of the Clan and Village but now she realized just like a rose, trauma by any other name was just as sweet...

While her mother stirred in thought, the silence for Furījia grew increasingly unbearable. As the silence was drawn out and her mother’s praise was…less than forthcoming, Furījia's thoughts took a turn for the worst. Panic had set in and made its throne from the seat of her self-persecution. She could hear the maids giggle, but it no longer sounded as innocent and teasing as before. Now it was mocking and filled with schadenfreude. Even as they walked out of sight, she could still hear them whispering behind her back the same questions which filled her mind.

What had she done? Had she ruined the Hyūga’s relationship with two of their closest allies? What had she been thinking! Did she really believe that she would have been able to settle a negotiation? No way. She couldn’t do it before, and she still couldn’t do it now.

Once again, the truth was apparent. She couldn’t be her mother, and she never would be.

In spite of her mother’s arms wrapped around her—or perhaps, because of them—she was unbearable cold. She felt naked and vulnerable, an inmate awaiting their sentence in the comfort of her chilly cell. Her hands had balled into fists, frustration welling inside her as she trembled. She had tried her hardest and her best, but now she was tired. She wanted nothing more than to wail wretchedly with her fists wrought to wreak havoc on the confines of her cell.
Combined Hina-Furijia segment added. I think it worked out well enough and I think the cuts between their respective thoughts are pretty well-defined. If it's not clear though tell me so I can make some edits.

I think that convo will end in maybe 2 or 3 more segments of similar length, the next part is already in the making so we'll see how that turns out. By the end of this all Furījia would've gone through some significant change and then she'll be doing essentially character growth arcs till mid-Shippuden. Pretty sure she only went through all this depression because I listen to too many Blues lol

I'll commemorate off this part of her journey with the usual~

One of these days her whole intro arc deserves a very comprehensive re-write since I think the execution was rather poor so it could use a lot of work in bringing across her emotions more.

R.I.P this is what happens when you have a number of characters though~

Last edited:
Name: Zino Hyuga
Jutsu type: wind style; lightning style; tempest release (custom kekkei genkai); sharingan (one tomoe); byakugan
Description: light brown hair; blue shirt with a stormy cloud; white sleeves like the one sasuke has; normal ninja clothes; black eyes; the konoha flak jacket Bio: His mother was a Hyuga and his father an uchiha. Because of the father being from the Hyuga clan that was the family that Zino is from. His parents died before he was a month old and thus barely remembers anything about them. Zino's grandparents from his mother's side took care of him due to them being from the same official clan as Zino. He never knew about his family from the uchiha clan until his grandfather died, which caused him to awaken his Sharingan. From this he learned of his other relatives which his grandparents had kept secret from him. However because of them having taken care of Zino for many years he forgives his grandma but learned a lot about his uchiha side from his newly found relatives including how to utilize the sharingan. When he first awakened his byakugan he was very confused on why he didn't have two to which his grandparents told him it was a special dna effect, though Zino still didn't understand but accepted the reason. His nature affinity is lightning but ever since he awakened his sharingan he started learning wind style from his step grandmother and eventually merged the two by accident into tempest release in a training session. He learned the fire ball Jutsu from his uchiha clan relatives but is yet to know any other fire style techniques. He was thought to be a prodigy from his relatives due to him learning new techniques easily but he never acknowledges it himself.
Dislikes: annoying people Missions completed: 15 D-Rank; 7 C-Rank; 3 B-Rank

Edit: Just a refresher for myself to bookmark lol

Name: Zino Hyuga
Jutsu type: wind style; lightning style; tempest release (custom kekkei genkai); sharingan (one tomoe); byakugan
Description: light brown hair; blue shirt with a stormy cloud; white sleeves like the one sasuke has; normal ninja clothes; black eyes; the konoha flak jacket Bio: His mother was a Hyuga and his father an uchiha. Because of the father being from the Hyuga clan that was the family that Zino is from. His parents died before he was a month old and thus barely remembers anything about them. Zino's grandparents from his mother's side took care of him due to them being from the same official clan as Zino. He never knew about his family from the uchiha clan until his grandfather died, which caused him to awaken his Sharingan. From this he learned of his other relatives which his grandparents had kept secret from him. However because of them having taken care of Zino for many years he forgives his grandma but learned a lot about his uchiha side from his newly found relatives including how to utilize the sharingan. When he first awakened his byakugan he was very confused on why he didn't have two to which his grandparents told him it was a special dna effect, though Zino still didn't understand but accepted the reason. His nature affinity is lightning but ever since he awakened his sharingan he started learning wind style from his step grandmother and eventually merged the two by accident into tempest release in a training session. He learned the fire ball Jutsu from his uchiha clan relatives but is yet to know any other fire style techniques. He was thought to be a prodigy from his relatives due to him learning new techniques easily but he never acknowledges it himself.
Dislikes: annoying people Missions completed: 15 D-Rank; 7 C-Rank; 3 B-Rank

Edit: Just a refresher for myself to bookmark lol

She was accepted from neb, but I guess I will just honorary accept it lol

That post was hella rushed since I am tired. I don’t know why I decide to start writing late asf. I did leave the holding cell location up to interpretation, but you guys can just assume they’re being taken there now.

(Also just posting this here since this is about to fall to the second page, which would be a disgrace lel.)

Katsuo is a 7 when we account for his last battle.

In that battle:

1) Piercing Water Shuriken
2) Mountain Shifting Palm (Enhanced Version)
3) Water Clone

Those moves were about 30-40% of his chakra pool.

So he has possibly...10 ish Jutsu worth of chakra, without a Water source to mitigate the cost.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I just thought using fireballs as a measurement for chakra was funny and I wanted to see everyone's take on their characters. Also
Hmmmm okay.

Zaku is four fireballs, just has little chakra draining moves

Kai is 8 or 9, opposite issue of Zaku. Lots of chakra, uses it fast.

Drug Reaver is 3 while non drug reaver is 0.1
I just love how drastically different this is to literally what everyone was saying about kai lol.
Orrrrrr just ignore what I say because I’m horrid at scaling anything lol
Same tho.

You've been flying under the OP radar too long
upload_2020-7-3_14-31-2.png

Exposed.

Let the Grand Trial begin! What do you have to say in your defense @Retro Master ?