• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name: Bereaved Immortal & Lofty Slaughter
Weapon type: War Axes

Looks like this:

Halberd.jpg

A single ax-head on each end, diametrically opposite to each other to balance the whole weapon. She has two such of these axes, and the blades are greatly expanded with wind release.

upload_2020-3-18_11-36-5.jpeg

Her movements are based on baton-twirling routines.

She can twirl the axes about almost any part of her body; and, she twirls with great speed so as to ensure that the blades are constantly shifting. Because they're double-sided, there are in essence four blade-crescents revolving around her body rapidly. It's meant to be a virtually omni-directional skill.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Name: Bereaved Immortal & Lofty Slaughter
Weapon type: War Axes

Looks like this:

Halberd.jpg

A single ax-head on each end, diametrically opposite to each other to balance the whole weapon. She has two such of these axes, and the blades are greatly expanded with wind release.

View attachment 794367

Her movements are based on baton-twirling routines.

She can twirl the axes about almost any part of her body; and, she twirls with great speed so as to ensure that the blades are constantly shifting. Because they're double-sided, there are in essence four blade-crescents revolving around her body rapidly. It's meant to be a virtually omni-directional skill.

While I appreciate the ingenuity with this...aren’t we full on characters?

While I appreciate the ingenuity with this...aren’t we full on characters?
She's not a character to add to the roster, Nadeshiko gets more build-up as they'll be my main faction from here on out. Most of the future arcs Sagiso will be acting as a kunoichi of Nadeshiko and pushing Nadeshiko interests rather than as an ally to Konoha. So she occupies the same niche as a background character despite her detail.

She's not a character to add to the roster, Nadeshiko gets more build-up as they'll be my main faction from here on out. Most of the future arcs Sagiso will be acting as a kunoichi of Nadeshiko and pushing Nadeshiko interests rather than as an ally to Konoha. So she occupies the same niche as a background character despite her detail.

Alrighty, as long as they aren’t main characters and are hardly even side characters

Alrighty, as long as they aren’t main characters and are hardly even side characters
They'll be more prevalent during times when there's no main overarching story going on and Sagiso's in Nadeshiko and Snucks isn't around or something, in those times Sagiso will be interacting with them. Outside of that just general lore, fleshing out the village, relations between the Stars, cultural customs, yadda, yadda.

By the power invested in me as the Queen of Pokecharm yadda, yadda, yadda

I hereby declare the discussion thread revived.

Evidently, as a joint revelation by myself, Snucks, Retro, Zandy, and Jacob, Naruto AU as a group is literally incapable of holding a single on-topic conversation unless the rules of Pokecharms lawfully restrict us thus. Therefore talk of AU and plot on the discord henceforth is frowned upon by royal decree and the offending fingers that typeth their message there shall be tarred and feather before being brutally flogged.

Okay, so as an order of business we need to work out all the sub arcs we've got left hanging.

Amari and Sagiso are gonna dick around (despite lacking the relevant appendage) indefinitely since they've really got nothing to do.

@Grand Master Koop time to shape up buddy if yer not gonna commit to the interaction with Sagisō then just say so. Not to be mean, but we can't really be delaying everything indefinitely. You don't need to post right away, but as a means of rekindling that fire we at least need to start talking about stuff again. So if you actually plan to do that interaction still then respond to this message and we'll take the convo from there.

@Retro Master you need to stop cucking Shiho, that's probably why she knitted you a green hat :v

You might as well get that interaction out of the way while you wait for Neb.

@5DigitNeb You still in this? I'm pretty sure your school should be winding down in the coming months since it'll be summer vacation and all, so its probably time to slowly work back into activeness. Same with Koop though, you don't need to post right away, we just need to kindle the flames with discussion.

@Shen: King of the Mist @DarkHydraT @Godjacob @Mystic Zander @sSoul yall get grouped together because I have 0 clue about what yall are supposed to be doing. Likewise, start talking with the relevant people so we can put some semblance of progress into this.

@Nukas doesn't need to be tagged specifically because he's active...shockingly. You should all be very ashamed to be letting Snucks outpost you like this. Snucks demands better treatment, civil rights, unlimited sweet tea, and MVP status as tribute.

Evidently, as a joint revelation by myself, Snucks, Retro, Zandy, and Jacob, Naruto AU as a group is literally incapable of holding a single on-topic conversation unless the rules of Pokecharms lawfully restrict us thus. Therefore talk of AU and plot on the discord henceforth is frowned upon by royal decree and the offending fingers that typeth their message there shall be tarred and feather before being brutally flogged.

Okay, so as an order of business we need to work out all the sub arcs we've got left hanging.

Amari and Sagiso are gonna dick around (despite lacking the relevant appendage) indefinitely since they've really got nothing to do.

@Grand Master Koop time to shape up buddy if yer not gonna commit to the interaction with Sagisō then just say so. Not to be mean, but we can't really be delaying everything indefinitely. You don't need to post right away, but as a means of rekindling that fire we at least need to start talking about stuff again. So if you actually plan to do that interaction still then respond to this message and we'll take the convo from there.

@Retro Master you need to stop cucking Shiho, that's probably why she knitted you a green hat :v

@5DigitNeb You still in this? I'm pretty sure your school should be winding down in the coming months since it'll be summer vacation and all, so its probably time to slowly work back into activeness. Same with Koop though, you don't need to post right away, we just need to kindle the flames with discussion.

@Shen: King of the Mist @DarkHydraT @Godjacob @Mystic Zander @sSoul yall get grouped together because I have 0 clue about what yall are supposed to be doing. Likewise, start talking with the relevant people so we can put some semblance of progress into this.

@Nukas doesn't need to be tagged specifically because he's active...shockingly. You should all be very ashamed to be letting Snucks outpost you like this. Snucks demands better treatment, civil rights, unlimited sweet tea, and MVP status as tribute.

A flogging? In the presence of others?! How humiliating! I shall not fail!

@kyuukestu So we covered that Katsuo will be traveling with Sagiso and Amari to meet the Nadeshiko.

You’ll need Sagiso to formulate a reason for Katsuo coming along. I’ll help of course.

I want him there, but he doesn’t have the motive. Would’ve been quicker to say that-

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas

@kyuukestu So we covered that Katsuo will be traveling with Sagiso and Amari to meet the Nadeshiko.

You’ll need Sagiso to formulate a reason for Katsuo coming along. I’ll help of course.

I want him there, but he doesn’t have the motive. Would’ve been quicker to say that-
Easy, have Katsuo just walking along randomly as he sees Amari fall out of a tree.

Nadeshiko's in a pretty flexible position right now, they could quite literally go anywhere.

Since they're transitioning between the second generation and the third generation, the Third Gen people who are all Sagiso's age will be meeting up to actually talk about their new goals and what they want to make the village.

I think I can make a fairly good case for Sagiso inviting Katsuo to come to Nadeshiko right now. Her next mini-arc is going to involve rallying the Nadeshiko under a more proactive banner. She wants the village on a whole to rapidly militarize and arm themselves like a porcupine. She's seen enough of how the Great Nations work to come to the conclusion that they're all very likely to take whatever they want by force and she doesn't want Nadeshiko to ever be on the receiving end of that. Her solution is to have them become so prickly that the Great Nations won't bother aggressing them.

Her personal development arc should branch off that where she takes a more belligerent and cruel approach to things as she focuses more on the end-goal of power than the reasons for acquiring said power in the first place. It's more of a psychological rollercoaster than I'm gonna muddle through before having her reform and curb in her traits by redefining crucial concepts like strength, pride, etc.

That doesn't matter for now though, more pointedly I can see her inviting Katsuo, and likely anyone else she considers part of the top generation of the 5 Great Nations to Nadeshiko mostly as a way of showing her sisters what the competition is like. Essentially, the Great Nations have people like this and we need to shape up.

All my people are frozen. Kou is waiting for Sakura, Zaku is irrelevant, BOSEC is waiting for Seiun, and bobo is waiting for Raiku,

Though I am glad we are coming back here, hopefully this means it’s gonna be picking up again
Yeah, same here. Though I guess I could write a post about Liumaru's roost and have the summons talk and have Taji's parents make another appearance.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Imma say it, it turns out that writing a scene of a family giving gifts is way harder than I thought, though I do recognize that I was extended the process by watching YouTube when I could've been posting, so I apologize. @Shen: King of the Mist after I post with Taiyo I'll get a Seiun post working, so you shouldn't have to wait forever. Feel free to push me into doing things for this site.

Imma say it, it turns out that writing a scene of a family giving gifts is way harder than I thought, though I do recognize that I was extended the process by watching YouTube when I could've been posting, so I apologize. @Shen: King of the Mist after I post with Taiyo I'll get a Seiun post working, so you shouldn't have to wait forever. Feel free to push me into doing things for this site.

Its okay, I understand. At least your gettin into it now lol

All my people are frozen. Kou is waiting for Sakura, Zaku is irrelevant, BOSEC is waiting for Seiun, and bobo is waiting for Raiku,

Though I am glad we are coming back here, hopefully this means it’s gonna be picking up again

Yeah, same here. Though I guess I could write a post about Liumaru's roost and have the summons talk and have Taji's parents make another appearance.

That's also a problem though. Half the RP can't be completely reliant on Jacob to churn out posts, the man's busy with his own life and that much reliance on him is both unfair and just plain unequal yoking. In the future, we should strive to remedy this situation or provide alternatives or other interactions that can take place in the meantime.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
We can make it a threeway

Yea, a messy free-for-all fight might be fun while we wait, and it'd give you a pretty solid chance to establish Amari as a fighter against two benchmark-worthy opponents.
Not acknowledging that first part, but a free for all fight would be fun, but a little messy. I'm worried I'd have trouble keeping up, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try it. I've been dying to have Amari fight literally anyone lol.

@Nukas I'm thinking Nadeshiko should have Zodiac and Constellation based holidays and festivals. We would need to start thinking out the details though. I think the normal zodiac would be minor festivals, with the Chinese Zodiac being major festivals. Mainly because the normal zodiac changes every few months, while the Chinese Zodiac only changes every year.

Sagiso and Amari should be getting back to Hasa sometime in January, which means the next Zodiac would be Jan 20, which is Aquarius. So a water-based festival could work; they'd probably make this one a bit bigger and more extravagant since it'll be their first festival as the third-gen and it would've been a while since they've all met up.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
@Nukas I'm thinking Nadeshiko should have Zodiac and Constellation based holidays and festivals. We would need to start thinking out the details though. I think the normal zodiac would be minor festivals, with the Chinese Zodiac being major festivals. Mainly because the normal zodiac changes every few months, while the Chinese Zodiac only changes every year.

Sagiso and Amari should be getting back to Hasa sometime in January, which means the next Zodiac would be Jan 20, which is Aquarius. So a water-based festival could work; they'd probably make this one a bit bigger and more extravagant since it'll be their first festival as the third-gen and it would've been a while since they've all met up.
So what would be the plan for this festival then? I'm assuming it wouldn't be nearly as big as the winter festival and I don't know really what Nadeshiko does for festivals. Just trying to get a clearer image in my mind.

“Y͝o͏u͞ wer͏e ͡alw͞ay͢s t҉h̴e͏ d̴r̶am̶a͢t͠ic ͞ty͏pe͟, ẁe̸ren’t͞ y͡o͠u? Pu͞b͢l̡ic̷ ̀h̵u̸mi͞l̨i͟ati͡on̡ ͢ten͜d͘s͜ ̡to̸ ̶do t̵h҉at to̵ ̀y̨o̷ư.”̡

B.O.S.E.C. Swirled around Seiun, his long crescent moon shaped smile eerily glowing.

“D͟o͟n’t̴ ̀p̵on͟der͜ on͢ ̀t̵he҉ wo͢r͝ld, po҉nd̴èr w̵h̵a͏ţ’s̕ ̷in he̡r̕e͜..̴.̨”͠

He pointed a long talon toward Seiun’s forehead, reffering to the invisible seal to which gahedra was stored. The organic A.I.’s confidence didn’t seem to waver a bit despite the recent events. In fact, it seemed even...excited. For what?
This is the last result if you search 'Seiun'

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Well I looked up a few water festivals and the main idea of most of them is either splashing or spraying people with water. I didn't do a whole lot of in-depth research, but I'm just having a hard time picturing a bunch of amazon women splashing each other with water. Maybe if we made it into some kind of tournament or battle royale thing, where you try to splash others with the water and only one still dry wins. I feel like that might fan the competitive spirit of a lot of the Nadeshiko kunoichi. It's just a thought, but you've probably got some better ideas than that, I'm just trying to get the ball rolling.

Well I looked up a few water festivals and the main idea of most of them is either splashing or spraying people with water. I didn't do a whole lot of in-depth research, but I'm just having a hard time picturing a bunch of amazon women splashing each other with water. Maybe if we made it into some kind of tournament or battle royale thing, where you try to splash others with the water and only one still dry wins. I feel like that might fan the competitive spirit of a lot of the Nadeshiko kunoichi. It's just a thought, but you've probably got some better ideas than that, I'm just trying to get the ball rolling.
Yerp found the same festival but I have a different take on it. The water fight is actually something I want to keep. You'd more expect an elevated level of water-fight though, I'd expect it to turn into an actual fight.

801564_upload_2020-3-23_11-37-9.png

If nothing else this would serve as a very good base; the name has meanings that fit in quite nicely with the whole idea of the stars. I think I'd opt to retain the original Sanskrit and called the festival Samkrānti, since 'Astrological Passage' is exactly what I'm aiming for with a Zodiac-based festival.

There's an origin myth, which would be quite interesting, but I don't want to copy the festival in its entirety. However, there's a portion of it that I would like to utilize:

801567_upload_2020-3-23_11-43-5.png

Could be flexible with it though. I've muddled through Sri Lankan, Myanmar, Cambodian, Sinhalese, etc. versions of this festival. They've got the same general outline with unique idiosyncrasies like food, symbolisms, process and all that. They do tend to turn into water-fights towards the end though, which I'd preserve since it sounds fun.

The festivals are mainly ones of renewal, change, and progress since they fall on the New Year and they are mostly considered New Year Festivals despite occurring around April. I think we'll move up the date for Hasagakure. The basic ideas are:

Water-splashing being symbolic of New-Year's Blessings and it supposed to be a facsimile that represents washing-away/discard the old to make room for the new. That's supposed to bring Good Fortune, Longevity, Prosperity, all that good stuff. It's also considered bad luck to retain old things after the festival.

The general idea I have in mind would be a 7-day festival... [Crunches Numbers furiously]

So I worked it out and we could do the 7-day festival in groups that go like this:

(The numbers had to coincide with factors of 108 of course and as a bonus, they're also multiples of 9)

The sum total of which is 108.

Each group would correspond to a day of the week and they'd be decorated with the associate colors, flowers, jewelry, weapons, and food.

So for the first day, a group of 36 Hasa would dress in red, wear Pomegranate flowers, figs, and rubies, while wielding a discus and conch.

Because they're Hasa though, then this needs to turn into a War-Dance, which would only be fitting.

So that repeat every day with the subsequent groups and I'm wondering where to place the water-fight. Whether To have small water fights each day that culminate into a large, all-night fight on the final day or something else.

I digress though, here are some sword dances: (though strictly speaking we'd be doing weapon dances rather than sword dances since the sword isn't really the only weapon being utilized.)

See Pyrrhicios

Disclaimer: Large Number of youtube videos.

They don't really wield the blades in this one, but I guess it still counts -3-

Might actually choreograph something when I'm feeling particularly creative, but feel free to come up with your own as well. Do keep in mind that this is a method of training as much as it is a celebratory thing, so movements are vigorous and strict with attention to detail and synchrony. Also, tots gonna do a synchronized dance-fight later.

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Yerp found the same festival but I have a different take on it. The water fight is actually something I want to keep. You'd more expect an elevated level of water-fight though, I'd expect it to turn into an actual fight.

801564_upload_2020-3-23_11-37-9.png

If nothing else this would serve as a very good base; the name has meanings that fit in quite nicely with the whole idea of the stars. I think I'd opt to retain the original Sanskrit and called the festival Samkrānti, since 'Astrological Passage' is exactly what I'm aiming for with a Zodiac-based festival.

There's an origin myth, which would be quite interesting, but I don't want to copy the festival in its entirety. However, there's a portion of it that I would like to utilize:

801567_upload_2020-3-23_11-43-5.png

Could be flexible with it though. I've muddled through Sri Lankan, Myanmar, Cambodian, Sinhalese, etc. versions of this festival. They've got the same general outline with unique idiosyncrasies like food, symbolisms, process and all that. They do tend to turn into water-fights towards the end though, which I'd preserve since it sounds fun.

The festivals are mainly ones of renewal, change, and progress since they fall on the New Year and they are mostly considered New Year Festivals despite occurring around April. I think we'll move up the date for Hasagakure. The basic ideas are:

Water-splashing being symbolic of New-Year's Blessings and it supposed to be a facsimile that represents washing-away/discard the old to make room for the new. That's supposed to bring Good Fortune, Longevity, Prosperity, all that good stuff. It's also considered bad luck to retain old things after the festival.

The general idea I have in mind would be a 7-day festival... [Crunches Numbers furiously]

So I worked it out and we could do the 7-day festival in groups that go like this:

(The numbers had to coincide with factors of 108 of course and as a bonus, they're also multiples of 9)

The sum total of which is 108.

Each group would correspond to a day of the week and they'd be decorated with the associate colors, flowers, jewelry, weapons, and food.

So for the first day, a group of 36 Hasa would dress in red, wear Pomegranate flowers, figs, and rubies, while wielding a discus and conch.

Because they're Hasa though, then this needs to turn into a War-Dance, which would only be fitting.

So that repeat every day with the subsequent groups and I'm wondering where to place the water-fight. Whether To have small water fights each day that culminate into a large, all-night fight on the final day or something else.

I digress though, here are some sword dances: (though strictly speaking we'd be doing weapon dances rather than sword dances since the sword isn't really the only weapon being utilized.)

See Pyrrhicios

Disclaimer: Large Number of youtube videos.

They don't really wield the blades in this one, but I guess it still counts -3-

Might actually choreograph something when I'm feeling particularly creative, but feel free to come up with your own as well. Do keep in mind that this is a method of training as much as it is a celebratory thing, so movements are vigorous and strict with attention to detail and synchrony. Also, tots gonna do a synchronized dance-fight later.
Ok, I can kind of picture that. I still can't imagine them just splashing each other with water, but if ends up evolving into a fight then it's easier to imagine. I'm going to need time to look at all those vids, but I will get to it. I am trash at choreographing stuff so I'll probably leave that to you. I think the main change I'd make is the order of the star groups.
This makes it more of a build to the final day where I agree there should be a large water fight where everyone is involved. Alternatively, we could have it to where the 36 is in the middle, but I prefer the building idea.