• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Stop explosion spam? She's going to be the one spamming explosions the most xD

As long as the noble isn't within range explosions galore. Very effective way of stopping people and creating damage and obstacles for them to get past.
More, harsher explosions. Just kill literally everything and mission would still be accomplished. You said yourself she is more a precision attacker. So I can really see her stopping lot of that. Even with her own explosives.

Sagisō: *Walks in on Kiro*
Kaguyasamaimages_692f69_6757056.png
Kiro: Sorry to disappoint but I just placed her in a genjutsu. It’ll just be the two of us if that’s still alright.

Depending on where Sagisō and Kiro are in their relationship, I do believe there’s enough time for them to get reacquainted lel

More, harsher explosions. Just kill literally everything and mission would still be accomplished. You said yourself she is more a precision attacker. So I can really see her stopping lot of that. Even with her own explosives.
Well, the mission isn't accomplished for Azumi xD She failed to frame anyone. and I more expected ya'll to be killing everyone anyways.

Don't you worry about that though, not like you'll start out close to the noble.
Kiro: Sorry to disappoint but I just placed her in a genjutsu. It’ll just be the two of us if that’s still alright.

Depending on where Sagisō and Kiro are in their relationship, I do believe there’s enough time for them to get reacquainted lel
*when you're trying to do your job but hubby's too busy being a horn-dog*

d94.gif

Well, the mission isn't accomplished for Azumi xD She failed to frame anyone. and I more expected ya'll to be killing everyone anyways.

Don't you worry about that though, not like you'll start out close to the noble.

Sure it ain’t ideal. Stealth was their firs option, but if they do level everything it will still work. Just gotta clean up afterwards a bit.

Shura w/ a bundle of Sagisō's hair

tenor.gif

*cough*

But, in all seriousness, go post in the Rp thread Koop xD

This arc probably won't happen for another half-year at least in Rp, likely to be a good deal longer, so the characters would have more in their arsenal to work with, hard to make any accurate predictions this early.

1. @Grand Master Koop Umm, what are you doing xD Why do you keep dragging out this sewing room scene? You wanted to measure Kiro and Taiyo ya? If there's nothing else would you mind skipping to the next day?

2. I'm thinking to start the Kurosawa build-up from now ish. Given one of their piggy-banks was destroyed, I'd say it's pretty reasonable they would've investigated it and probably sent pursuers or hunters of some sort after Azumi. I distinctly remember Azumi leaving something from Iwa at the scene, so that's a lead...I suppose?

Whatcha think @Godjacob

I'm thinking to start the Kurosawa build-up from now ish. Given one of their piggy-banks was destroyed, I'd say it's pretty reasonable they would've investigated it and probably sent pursuers or hunters of some sort after Azumi. I distinctly remember Azumi leaving something from Iwa at the scene, so that's a lead...I suppose?

Well, I wouldn't like it if they *instantly* figured out Azumi set up a ruse with the Iwa items or wounds from their style blades. Want the misdirection to have some effect you know? Beyond that sure you can have them begin to build up Kurosawa.

Well, I wouldn't like it if they *instantly* figured out Azumi set up a ruse with the Iwa items or wounds from their style blades. Want the misdirection to have some effect you know? Beyond that sure you can have them begin to build up Kurosawa.
Well, I'd already had some plans for tracking Azumi after that which essentially boiled down to threatening the Village she saved for some info.

I'll see about the misdirection though...

I'm actually thinking a short side-story mission about investigating the scene. Sakura, Taiyo, and someone else?

That might take up time though...

How's about we do an off-screen group that will look at the scene and draw some conclusions, and then post Chunin exams we'll use the findings of the team as premise for an investigative mission.

It would be a semi-diplomatic mission from the Leaf to Iwa and would allow for some cross-nation interactions.

Well, I'd already had some plans for tracking Azumi after that which essentially boiled down to threatening the Village she saved for some info.

I'll see about the misdirection though...

I'm actually thinking a short side-story mission about investigating the scene. Sakura, Taiyo, and someone else?

That might take up time though...

How's about we do an off-screen group that will look at the scene and draw some conclusions, and then post Chunin exams we'll use the findings of the team as premise for an investigative mission.

It would be a semi-diplomatic mission from the Leaf to Iwa and would allow for some cross-nation interactions.

As I said, so long as there is not an instant "oh Iwa is being framed, and this group is responsible!" here then I am fine with an investigation. Just want Azumi's caution to cover her tracks to have some effect rather than just an instant see through the ruse.

A team being sent to investigate to Iwa while they try to find the truth would be fun for interactions.

As I said, so long as there is not an instant "oh Iwa is being framed, and this group is responsible!" here then I am fine with an investigation. Just want Azumi's caution to cover her tracks to have some effect rather than just an instant see through the ruse.

A team being sent to investigate to Iwa while they try to find the truth would be fun for interactions.
....I am already imagining the gang pickpocketing the team. Oh joy

Well, I don't plan to have them instantly notice.

I figure the sequence of events would be like this:

They find traces of Iwa > Semi-Diplomatic Mission is Sent > Iwa cleared of suspicion? > Further investigation required > Some traces of Azumi's group found by questioning thr villagers

The parts in bold would be RPed, the rest can be glossed over as we only really need basic conclusions.

I'd assume that by this point (since this is post Chunin exams) Azumi would've done a few more missions that could leave a few more clues?

Maybe the Kurokawa assassination ends up being what really pushes the Village to action, we could probably get a mini-arc where the Leaf sends a team after Azumi.

We'll need to see how things develop since this is several months ahead of where we are in RP.

Well, I don't plan to have them instantly notice.

I figure the sequence of events would be like this:

They find traces of Iwa > Semi-Diplomatic Mission is Sent > Iwa cleared of suspicion? > Further investigation required > Some traces of Azumi's group found by questioning thr villagers

The parts in bold would be RPed, the rest can be glossed over as we only really need basic conclusions.

I'd assume that by this point (since this is post Chunin exams) Azumi would've done a few more missions that could leave a few more clues?

Maybe the Kurokawa assassination ends up being what really pushes the Village to action, we could probably get a mini-arc where the Leaf sends a team after Azumi.

We'll need to see how things develop since this is several months ahead of where we are in RP.

Well, if the Leaf does send a team after Azumi her team would need to be buffed or just be extermined. The investigation process is fine and I am sure Azumi will have done at least another job by them, but I naturally fear Azumi being fully discovered within the Part 1 given her team is meant to be like a Zemo role from the MCU and not be outed as the true enemy behind these shenanigans before she can do anything meaningful kinda thing.

Well, if the Leaf does send a team after Azumi her team would need to be buffed or just be extermined. The investigation process is fine and I am sure Azumi will have done at least another job by them, but I naturally fear Azumi being fully discovered within the Part 1 given her team is meant to be like a Zemo role from the MCU and not be outed as the true enemy behind these shenanigans before she can do anything meaningful kinda thing.
Ah yes, Azumi is definitely playing the Zemo role.

“An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead... forever.”

Maybe the investigation leads to a dead end? I do agree that their shouldn’t be a deep investigation this early on for Azumi. It does kinda hurt her plans if she’s found out early on.

Team as in our OCs, who should at that time be Chunin level and assumed fairly competent.

As for keeping Azumi hidden...

Her attacks have the common thread since they're aimed at stirring conflict between the great nations, and she openly declared her challenge to them during the Chunin exams. That last part is really important.

The way I see her getting exposed is if she leaves enough clues for them to draw a link to Amegakure and that one crazy Ame kunoichi who won the Chunin exams and then challenged the 5 Great Nations. They might not immediately think it's her, but it'd probably be worth looking into and might result in her getting exposed.

I'd suggest mixing things up a bit.

Take advantage of some confusion to carry out her missions. Since there aren't really any other attacks of Azumi's nature going on it's kinda easy to link them together. She should probably work more on instigating other minor nations or just conflict in general so that her the incidents caused by her missions doesn't stand out as much.

That or she could hire mercenaries or other minor villages to harass the nations. That would also provide some cover for her attacks and she can hide her activities among the chaos.

These are the groups that would probably be willing to do business with her:
  • Nadeshiko
    • Depends on the nature of what she wants.
  • Ishigakure
    • Terrorist Group — Prime Choice
  • Akatsuki
    • Possibly but I'm not too sure. She could probably use their attacks as a smokescreen for her own which are less significant and more likely to be overlooked.
  • Minor Mercenary Groups
    • Can probably get them to do smaller attacks as distractions.
  • Other Minor Villages.
    • Possibly could get them to do passive-aggressive actions as a smokescreen

Ah yes, Azumi is definitely playing the Zemo role.

“An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead... forever.”

Maybe the investigation leads to a dead end? I do agree that their shouldn’t be a deep investigation this early on for Azumi. It does kinda hurt her plans if she’s found out early on.
This isn't a one investigation thing though.

The first investigation doesn't even have a solid conclusion. She successfully frames Iwa and all that.

She's only in any danger of being caught when the number of missions she's done begins to pile up. A number of attacks on nobles or attempts at causing conflict. At that point they'd simply have to start looking into it.

Team as in our OCs, who should at that time be Chunin level and assumed fairly competent.

As for keeping Azumi hidden...

Her attacks have the common thread since they're aimed at stirring conflict between the great nations, and she openly declared her challenge to them during the Chunin exams. That last part is really important.

The way I see her getting exposed is if she leaves enough clues for them to draw a link to Amegakure and that one crazy Ame kunoichi who won the Chunin exams and then challenged the 5 Great Nations. They might not immediately think it's her, but it'd probably be worth looking into and might result in her getting exposed.

I'd suggest mixing things up a bit.

Take advantage of some confusion to carry out her missions. Since there aren't really any other attacks of Azumi's nature going on it's kinda easy to link them together. She should probably work more on instigating other minor nations or just conflict in general so that her the incidents caused by her missions doesn't stand out as much.

That or she could hire mercenaries or other minor villages to harass the nations. That would also provide some cover for her attacks and she can hide her activities among the chaos.

These are the groups that would probably be willing to do business with her:
  • Nadeshiko
    • Depends on the nature of what she wants.
  • Ishigakure
    • Terrorist Group — Prime Choice
  • Akatsuki
    • Possibly but I'm not too sure. She could probably use their attacks as a smokescreen for her own which are less significant and more likely to be overlooked.
  • Minor Mercenary Groups
    • Can probably get them to do smaller attacks as distractions.
  • Other Minor Villages.
    • Possibly could get them to do passive-aggressive actions as a smokescreen

Funny enough, before I read this my original idea for Azumi's "follow up" jobs was to have a fall guy in place to take the heat if the initial suspicion of the nations just doing this to each other. Someone that could be blamed or the "evidence" leads back to.

Though your idea seems to be way more detailed then what I was just going with so I like the suggestions XD

Funny enough, before I read this my original idea for Azumi's "follow up" jobs was to have a fall guy in place to take the heat if the initial suspicion of the nations just doing this to each other. Someone that could be blamed or the "evidence" leads back to.

Though your idea seems to be way more detailed then what I was just going with so I like the suggestions XD
That'll work too lol

Can never have too many insurances. She should be pretty aight so long as she doesn't stick out repeatedly or something.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OK so @OmnipotentOnion in the Naruto world there is a big continent with many countries called uhh Lands. There are 5 most popular ones roughly equal in political power which are the Land of Fire, Wind, Lightning, Water, and Earth, each correlating to each of the 5 main chakra natures, which you can think of as elements in a magical world setting (note being of that land doesnt lock you into that element and some ocs even have 2 elements, though usually this is a clan element and an element you're born with called an affinity). This story is about shinobi, which are basically ninjas (I think theyre the same thing) and they reside in Hidden Villages usually. Basically their country's military. There is the Village Hidden in the Leaves, AKA the Leaf, aka Konohagakure, aka Konoha in the Land of Fire, the Village Hidden in the Sand, AKA the Sand, aka Sunagakure, AKA Suna in the Land of Wind, there is the village hidden in the clouds, aka the Cloud, aka Kumogakure, aka Kumo in the land of Lightning, the village hidden in the Mist, aka the Mist, AKA Kirigakure, AKA Kiri in the land of water, and Finally there's the Village Hidden in the Stones, AKA the Stone, AKA Iwagakure, AKA Iwa in the land of Earth.

I feel like this was obligatory

Ahem

Kirigakure (village hidden in the mist). A water themed city covered by dense fog. This place is where water themed ninja often lived. Once filled with crime and blood, this village organized itself, under the mizukage Mei. This also sparked the outcry of the most influential clan in the mist, the Yuki Clan. This clan holds vast political weight through it and it’s allies.

Mei’s faction: Mei’s faction is more diplomatic, looking toward building their nation using clever trade deals and eliminating obstacles that would benefit them or an ally in exchange for profit. They tend to be more agreeable and have a strong moral stance.

The Yuki faction: Xenophobic in nature, this clan strives to build inward, creating powerful borders and a sturdy foundation to make a perfect society. Not fully trusting of outsiders, this faction sees little use in interacting with them, seeing foreigners as a different species. So much so, they wrote a book about it. https://pokecharms.com/works/jin-yukis-biggest-book-of-xenos.49305/