• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man, even Ren wants them to get a room. Are the Rock Ninja just as dense as a rock that they don't notice it? And what on earth is in that scroll to require such strong locks? Is Limelight written on that scroll or something? It's the only jutsu I can think of that could warrant such a strong locking mechanism

In theory, it was a orphan’s paradise. Lots of food, lights, dancing, gifts, music. A fun time for everyone. Thing is, it wasn’t available for everyone. Given that he didn’t exactly look like a stand up kind of kid made things impossible for it, so he never actually laid eyes on many decorations
Actually, this year's festival, due to the Hyūga taking the rein, is completely funded by the Clan. It's an unlimited buffet opened to anyone in the village. It's also taking place across the whole village. So this is specifically not true for this year's festival.

Cleared up in discord. But he’s a known thief and pickpocket, and due to the fact this is much closer to the nine tails attack, they were far more careful with the secure distribution of food
I just noticed but...Kou's too young to have even been born at the time xD

Even if he was a seasoned pick-pocket in the womb he'd still be years after the attack.

Years after could still be close enough for people to be weary of stuff like that
Years after a terrorist attack we're worried about...pickpocketing children..?

I beg your pardon?

I do understand the take Shen made on it, as the destruction would've limited their food capacity and thus they would've been strict about the distribution of food, which may not have recovered at the time. That's what it sounded like when he said 'Secure Distribution of Food', however, Konoha isn't a nation.

Even assuming they couldn't produce food at the time, which I'm not even sure if they do, they would easily be able to garner it from the vast territory of the Land of Fire, of which, they are merely a small part.

I think this is better settled as previous festivals weren't a charity, and so the food and activities had a price. This festival is only free because the whole thing is mass-manipulation by Hinagiku. The entire thing is just a stage through which she can override the unease of the recent invasion with a show of force and opulence from the village.

The tournament is a show of force, showing the citizens that powerful shinobi remain in the village and very active (This, of course, puts them at ease.) and the festivities distract them from more recent tragedies, all trace of which (such as the damages to the village) will be covered over by the time the festival ends.

Reconstruction may still be happening, however a surface-level fix would've been completed, so this will look relatively normal to any villagers.

The tournament is a show of force, showing the citizens that powerful shinobi remain in the village and very active (This, of course, puts them at ease.) and the festivities distract them from more recent tragedies, all trace of which (such as the damages to the village) will be covered over by the time the festival ends.
Ah yes, this shows the villagers they must now rely on teenage genin and chūnin. In fact, two of our top competitors are just here for a visit!

We got Sagisō who’s not even from the village, can care less about it, and is leaving the day after tomorrow.

There’s Katsuo, who’s more of a wanderer and was part of the Iwa squad, an enemy of Konoha, who was a key factor in stealing the eight tails right out of their hands on the last mission.

We got Taiyo, the dude who blew his arms off in the last Chūnin exams. Unless someone was living under a rock, everyone in the village knows about that.

Then you have Shura who... uh... this is the first time since that impromptu festival he’s relevant in the village. Also was responsible for two costly mistakes last mission. (If only they knew the stuff he did with hair from girls)

Our last two competitors, Amari and Bobo, are not even from the village and one of them is most likely a terrorist. Probably the dude with that weird smile.

Our Leaf villagers should be completely reassured. Now if only they knew the host clan was in the process of committing treason...

Don’t take this too seriously lel

Last edited:
Ah yes, this shows the villagers they must now rely on teenage genin and chūnin. In fact, two of our top competitors are just here for a visit!

We got Sagisō who’s not even from the village, can careless about it, and is leaving tomorrow.

There’s Katsuo, who’s more of a wanderer and was part of the Iwa squad, an enemy of Konoha, who was a key factor in stealing the eight tails right out of their hands on the last mission.

We got Taiyo, the dude who blew his arms off in the last Chūnin exams. Unless someone was living under a rock, everyone in the village knows about that.

Then you have Shura who... uh... this is the first time since that impromptu festival he’s relevant in the village. Also was responsible for two costly mistakes last mission. (If only they knew the stuff he did with hair from girls)

Our last two competitors, Amari and Bobo, are not even from the village and one of them is most likely a terrorist. Probably the dude with that weird smile.

Our Leaf villagers should be completely reassured. Now if only they knew the host clan was in the process of committing treason...

Don’t take this too seriously lel
That's completely right Retro! The children are the main attraction.

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk

Jokes aside the children's tournament is solely to suss out those with exceptional talent and then begin developing them. So to pit them against the creme of the crop from even other nations only increases the validity of our data.

The main show of force should be from the exhibition between Hinagiku & Fugaku, assuming the Uchiha aren't afraid of being shown up, of course. Can't use your precious MS abilities for fear that you'll lose them, right~?

Dvi8rwG.png

Imagine going blind from using your dojutsu a handful of times, *shrugs* can't relate.

Don't worry bout what the villagers will think love, the Hyuga have that covered. God knows the Hokage and Uchiha are only second fiddles to the Hyuga, after all

Treasonous or not the Host clan's putting in the work, and these 'loyal' Clan should take notes. Smh, imagine the traitor carrying your team, can't relate.
*Looks at 8 Tails arc team Hina*
Retro's a bot if he brings this up xD

Anyways...
Lmao, you did this to yourself m8
inb4 someone jumps on this like it's a serious argument
Sagiso: My mother's dead.

Konoha will sink or swim I guess lel

That's completely right Retro! The children are the main attraction.

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk

Jokes aside the children's tournament is solely to suss out those with exceptional talent and then begin developing them. So to pit them against the creme of the crop from even other nations only increases the validity of our data.
Kiro: Creme of the crop?

Raiku: He means for children lel

Kiro: I was about to say...

The main show of force should be from the exhibition between Hinagiku & Fugaku, assuming the Uchiha aren't afraid of being shown up, of course. Can't use your precious MS abilities for fear that you'll lose them, right~?

Imagine going blind from using your dojutsu a handful of times, *shrugs* can't relate.
Ikr. If only us Uchiha had the eternal Byakugan and didn’t have to worry about getting nerfed.

Treasonous or not the Host clan's putting in the work, and these 'loyal' Clan should take notes. Smh, imagine the traitor carrying your team, can't relate.
Lmao, you did this to yourself m8
inb4 someone jumps on this like it's a serious argument
Sagiso: My mother's dead.

Konoha will sink or swim I guess lel
Fack! My one good comeback and I would’ve been called a bot for using it. Well played. I’ll let you have this one.
Frick you!

I’d laugh if someone got offended by this lmao
Kaori: That troublesome girl never even had respect for you Lady Hinagiku.

Smh Sagisō never considered Hina a mother

Edit: Yo this spoiler shit is glitched

Last edited:

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Welp. No notifications....again.

I just noticed but...Kou's too young to have even been born at the time xD

Even if he was a seasoned pick-pocket in the womb he'd still be years after the attack.

As in, closer to the time of the nine tails. closer. As it happened when naruto was a baby, which means in the past 12 years or so. So if he was stealing at age 3 or 4, that’s still a 8/7 years after a catastrophic incident to the leaf

As in, closer to the time of the nine tails. closer. As it happened when naruto was a baby, which means in the past 12 years or so. So if he was stealing at age 3 or 4, that’s still a 8/7 years after a catastrophic incident to the leaf
The Leaf was getting robbed by 4 year olds during a time they should’ve been attempting to be more secure. Would help explain some of their incompetence lel. Also adds to the orphan and poverty problem in the Leaf due to the attack. Something which they haven’t necessarily tried to fix yet.

The Leaf was getting robbed by 4 year olds during a time they should’ve been attempting to be more secure. Would help explain some of their incompetence lel. Also adds to the orphan and poverty problem in the Leaf due to the attack. Something which they haven’t necessarily tried to fix yet.

I mean. Fixing the sheer destruction the nine tails caused seems like a priority lol

I mean. Fixing the sheer destruction the nine tails caused seems like a priority lol
It was? I mean I’m pretty sure things should have gone back to normal after a few years. Catastrophic event or not, it shouldn’t take too long to make a full recovery. Just saying, for Kou to still be running around and stealing as an orphan at the age of four means the Leaf hadn’t really cared or looked too much into that issue.

It was? I mean I’m pretty sure things should have gone back to normal after a few years. Catastrophic event or not, it shouldn’t take too long to make a full recovery. Just saying, for Kou to still be running around and stealing as an orphan at the age of four means the Leaf hadn’t really cared or looked too much into that issue.

Normalish yeah. They managed to rebuild most of everything back, make tighter security, and rebound significantly. Growing pains were bound to have happened. Heck, homelessness is sprawling across many villages, not just the leaf lol. It’s not a unique issue

Nai wa man.

It would not take them that long to rebuild or anything like that.

Pain leveled the village waaaaay more effectively than the Nine-Tails attack would've and they rebuilt the whole thing from scratch within 2 years (around the time of The Last)

and that's with all the Akatsuki & 4th Great War Shinanigans happening. I'd prefer it if you found some other way to justify Kou's childhood experiences or something that doesn't boil down to the village being anal towards children or something.

Nai wa man.

.....the heck is that? XD

Pain leveled the village waaaaay more effectively than the Nine-Tails attack would've and they rebuilt the whole thing from scratch within 2 years (around the time of The Last)
Yamato was also way younger and less experienced wasn’t he? And for all we know, he’s a casualty

.....the heck is that? XD

Yamato was also way younger and less experienced wasn’t he? And for all we know, he’s a casualty
Ah, I assume you mean Yamato for Wood Release, but he was still Anbu at the time so he would've been decent enough.

The village doesn't lack welfare options. Granted they aren't heavily described, but they have places like Orphanages and means to take care of the less fortunate.

Kou could slip through the gaps, and you could even say a portion if the Leaf Shinobi are assholes, cause they often are in any flashback ever, but it wouldn't have been an executive decision to lock down on food. Kou being bullied away from the food or something would be preferred, since it doesn't directly reflect poor management to the upper echelon.

Kou could slip through the gaps, and you could even say a portion if the Leaf Shinobi are assholes, cause they often are in any flashback ever, but it wouldn't have been an executive decision to lock down on food. Kou being bullied away from the food or something would be preferred, since it doesn't directly reflect poor management to the upper echelon.
Hmmm you make a fair point. I should think about other options. Don’t want to have a negative impact on other villages or systems for the sake of backstory