• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been considering how to work around Tayuya's Genjutsu without 'mooting' it. Ideally, Sagiso doesn't want a lonhng fight, but a showcase does require some time.

In any case, I imagine some combination of paper bombs (drown out the sound), Loud Wind-style (Violent Whirlwind for example. Anything that produces a loud enough gale to drown out the flute), or self-injury (interrupts Genjutsu) would suffice, since I don't really want to disable Sagiso's hearing.

Edit:

Alternately, and another way Sagiso could proceed would be to doggedly pursue hand-to-hand range, intended to prevent any flute usage. Attempts to break away from her would be followed very closely by a barrage of Shuriken, which likewise would be aimed to prevent flute usage until CQC could be reestablished.

I've been considering how to work around Tayuya's Genjutsu without 'mooting' it. Ideally, Sagiso doesn't want a lonhng fight, but a showcase does require some time.

In any case, I imagine some combination of paper bombs (drown out the sound), Loud Wind-style (Violent Whirlwind for example. Anything that produces a loud enough gale to drown out the flute), or self-injury (interrupts Genjutsu) would suffice, since I don't really want to disable Sagiso's hearing.

To be fair, Tayuya is more than just Genjutsu. She does have the Doki and unlike say Tayuya vs. Temari the battle won't start with them already defeated.

Those methods all seem plausible. Though the fact you feel you could shut down the Genjutsu on a leisure does make me want to look at her style to rework it somewhat as at least part of it seems stupidly easy to just shut down. Probably a nature release to deal with wind.

To be fair, Tayuya is more than just Genjutsu. She does have the Doki and unlike say Tayuya vs. Temari the battle won't start with them already defeated.

Those methods all seem plausible. Though the fact you feel you could shut down the Genjutsu on a leisure does make me want to look at her style to rework it somewhat as at least part of it seems stupidly easy to just shut down. Probably a nature release to deal with wind.
You're right. Because Genjutsu comes with its autoing associations, and getting caught in it can be an instant lose, it's not the most viable of offensive styles. That's more to say in an RP format it's just not that suitable for a main format.

The only Genjutsu users I can point to are Baiyan and Absurd, and they use Genjutsu as supplement to their main fighting styles. Confusion and misdirection tactics.

I would perhaps expand on the front of Yin Release and the Doki. They can already produce ghost-like apparations, so different types of phantoms, spirits, etc. could be a way to develop.

Each variation of ghostie could have it's own unique effect. The spirit worms eat chakra, maybe a translucent ghost-eye (like Gaara's sand eye) which floats around for recon (the effect would be like Pain's linked Rinnegan, with overlapping fields of view giving you a near omniscient vision)...

There's a bunch of different ideas, I'm sure, but ghost-whisperer, would be a very unique way to progress her. A Yin jutsu style completely unique to Tayuya, and would also solve any issue of being reliant on sound.

Edit:

That also said, if it leans more into necromancy it'll probably be a frowned upon kinjutsu, so it might be hard to develop those types of jutsu in a main village. Luckily, Nadeshiko has no such moral scruples, *wink wink*

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
You're right. Because Genjutsu comes with its autoing associations, and getting caught in it can be an instant lose, it's not the most viable of offensive styles. That's more to say in an RP format it's just not that suitable for a main format.

The only Genjutsu users I can point to are Baiyan and Absurd, and they use Genjutsu as supplement to their main fighting styles. Confusion and misdirection tactics.

I would perhaps expand on the front of Yin Release and the Doki. They can already produce ghost-like apparations, so different types of phantoms, spirits, etc. could be a way to develop.

Each variation of ghostie could have it's own unique effect. The spirit worms eat chakra, maybe a translucent ghost-eye (like Gaara's sand eye) which floats around for recon (the effect would be like Pain's linked Rinnegan, with overlapping fields of view giving you a near omniscient vision)...

There's a bunch of different ideas, I'm sure, but ghost-whisperer, would be a very unique way to progress her. A Yin jutsu style completely unique to Tayuya, and would also solve any issue of being reliant on sound.

Edit:

That also said, if it leans more into necromancy it'll probably be a frowned upon kinjutsu, so it might be hard to develop those types of jutsu in a main village. Luckily, Nadeshiko has no such moral scruples, *wink wink*

I mean. Doki have no notable chakra points. So...

Plus tayuya one a 1 v 1 I think would beat any of our OC’s aside maybe the top top tiers

While true, they act like a defense and offense in this case. And with three targets it’s even further assured
I think you misunderstood, but what I was saying–

If the sound of Tayuya's flute cant reach the Doki, for whatever reason, they shouldn't be able to move.

Tayuya's heavily reliant on Sound being able to transmit. If it can't, again for whatever reason, her entire style is shut down. No genjutsu, no Doki, no nothing.

I think you misunderstood, but what I was saying–

If the sound of Tayuya's flute cant reach the Doki, for whatever reason, they shouldn't be able to move.

Tayuya's heavily reliant on Sound being able to transmit. If it can't, again for whatever reason, her entire style is shut down. No genjutsu, no Doki, no nothing.

So your thinking some kind of nullification field with wind or air?

Yes, but more easily just a sound louder than Tayuya's flute–

Paper Bombs, Large wind style (Producing Loud Gales), things like that.

That could work as a temporary measure, as explosions don’t last a long time. And don’t discount her use of sealing justu as well and ninja tools to combat these sparce times of non-flute usage

That could work as a temporary measure, as explosions don’t last a long time. And don’t discount her use of sealing justu as well and ninja tools to combat these sparce times of non-flute usage
Temporary measures are fine, prime opportunity for unhindered offense, closing distance, setting a trap, etc.

Can you imagine what would happen in those breif moments against a rush from Wind Shadow Sagiso? Cyclone Mount Shura?LCC Kiro? Blood Tentacle Katsuo?

Against Zaku it isn't even a temprary measure, his every attack would potentially sideline her flute.

The main take away is really that her style is a bit reliant, exploitable even, and she'll need to cover her bases.

Character sheet:

Name: Okubyo
Village: Land of River
Jutsu type: Boil Release (therefore fire and water as well), Genjutsu
Description: Has short frizzy dark brow hair, wears a black short sleeved shirt under a dark blue hooded jacket, black pants and boots. Has a black mouth mask

Okubyo can be summarized in one word: coward. Prefer to stay out of trouble and act extremely paranoid when feeling danger around him. Easily freaks out and has a self defeating nature.
Bio: 5-Tails Jinchuriki
Dislikes: Danger, Pain, Trouble
Missions completed: Unimportant
Current Location: Roaming somewhere

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Character sheet:

Name: Okubyo
Village: Land of River
Jutsu type: Boil Release (therefore fire and water as well), Genjutsu
Description: Has short frizzy dark brow hair, wears a black short sleeved shirt under a dark blue hooded jacket, black pants and boots. Has a black mouth mask

Okubyo can be summarized in one word: coward. Prefer to stay out of trouble and act extremely paranoid when feeling danger around him. Easily freaks out and has a self defeating nature.
Bio: 5-Tails Jinchuriki
Dislikes: Danger, Pain, Trouble
Missions completed: Unimportant
Current Location: Roaming somewhere
reminds me of yukimaru

"A true friend to the end I can tell. Don't worry was not my intent to break the landscape on this trip. Though if you are so concerned as you seem to lack the trust you can always make sure to keep my head on straight and make sure we don't go too far. You are the master worry wort after all." Tomiko said, with playful but innocent teasing back. Though such teases had been taken in another direction given the youngest Naomi's own point of view.

Oh how romantic, I wonder what their children will look like~
That moment when the youngest crew member shares the same thoughts as a solid chunk of the roleplayers

So as of next arc we (Snuck & I) will be introducing the Land of Flowers; Hasagakure (Villages Hidden in Flowers) which will be them (the Nadeshiko) officially transitioning into a...less nomad lifestyle? I'll work all that out later.

Needless to say, we'll also be filling in Nadeshiko related lore and world-building for the village.

So I'll be importing and retrofitting some more concepts from the 108 Maiden's of Destiny Novel; namely making them more ninja to fit the world.

The topics at hand are:

To-Do

• Star Realms
  • Destiny Weapon
  • Destiny Weapon Refinement
  • Star Beasts
  • Innate Skills
  • Star Covenant
  • Battle Techniques
  • Birth Outline
  • Generational Overlord
  • Liangshan Mountains
  • Land of Flowers
  • Five Tiger Generals
  • Four Heavenly Kings
  • Eight Tiger Cub Vanguard

With all those in mind I wanted a wider pot of ideas regarding how to convert the concepts. So for anyone who's interested in dabbling with some world building, I'm recruiting 'helpers'.

The finalized things will be added to the Nadeshiko Written Work.

However, when presenting this information in RP itself it'll be in the format of extract, excerpts, and written accounts by the various shinobi villages.

Example:

It was utter carnage...and yet amidst the carnage were the tell tale signs of ruthless efficiency.

A thousand shinobi lay dead. All had, without exception, been killed in a single blow. A trail of slit throats, and pierced eyebrows zigzaged through the plains and at it's end a single man.

His lonely figure graced the battlefield, clothing still immaculate. Not a single tear nor drop of blood had stained his jacket. Only the red of blood, dripping down his kunai, betrayed his participation in this...battle— no, this was no battle.

This was slaughter...

As he turned to face us, his blond hair was swept by the wind. A reassuring smile was plastered onto his face, the same smile that had reassured us mere seconds ago... Single-handedly turning a near rout into overwhelming victory...

The battle was over in a flash— a Yellow Flash.
=================================================
Excerpt from 'A Stone Overturned: An analysis of Iwagakure's decisive defeat' Written by Shikami Nara, military analyst

Swoosh was the sound of her blade through the air.

Swoosh was the sound of liberation; from the bloody hell of the battlefield, and the fate of being her victim.

Swoosh was the sound of another comrade fallen, taken forever by the Valkyrie's dance.

Swoosh was the herald of the end —an ending that was expected— for in the beginning, was her voice; "Surrender...or perish..."

========================================

Excerpt from 'Memoirs of the Third Shinobi War' Written by Tsuchimako Kanabi; Deputy Commander of the fourth battalion under Hinagiku Hyuga

Stuff like that, snippets from someone's writing that give glimpses into the past. Most of the information about Nadeshiko will be presented as such, coming from various characters and the perspectives of various different nations. So we'll work out the exact scenes and the like together.

Again, this is only for people who really want to World-build for, whatever reason lel.