• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Konan: I'm my own woman, thank you very much.

Apparently Yahiko and Konan were also planning to start a family. But when Yahiko died, she soon felt she was unworthy of preaching peace to her children after the all the killing she did for the Akatsuki. You could even argue she was against their goal as she was really only there to protect Nagato. In fact, Zetsu even advised Tobi to kill her at one point cuz he felt she could betray the organization.

There was only one time I would have described Konan as her own woman and that was after Nagato died. I think Konan is very powerful, but she believes in both Yahiko and Nagato and that's why she follows them. While she doesn't need them to be strong, she believes in their values and does, in fact, follow them.

Apparently Yahiko and Konan were also planning to start a family. But when Yahiko died, she soon felt she was unworthy of preaching peace to her children after the all the killing she did for the Akatsuki. You could even argue she was against their goal as she was really only there to protect Nagato. In fact, Zetsu even advised Tobi to kill her at one point cuz he felt she could betray the organization.
To both of these, she might be a wall flower as far as showings go, but it's implied that she has more of a presence than as just Nagato's assistant.

Obito actually straight up says he doesn't know if he could control Nagato without Konan's calming influence on him.

I don't plan to have her streak out or anything, she does treat Nagato and Yahiko as her closest allies because they are, but I'll definitely be showing up her presence as 'harmonizer' or even as 'voice of reason'.

She makes for a decent foil to both Nagato and Yahiko, playing the role of 'Midieveal Queen', that is the more compassionate voice to sway the King from anger. It allows the King to come off as both merciful as well as ruthless.

I'm all for giving Konan more of an independent voice (So long as it never goes too far as far as her loyalty to Yahiko & Nagato is concerned) cause in canon she is Sakura with Sasuke only much, much worse. Like at least Sakura had her friendship with Ino in Part one and occasional thoughts outside of Sasuke rather than be Nagato/Yahiko's doormat. Midieveal Queen seems kinda cool.

Having to think of how to portray Nagato here in the AU is the trickiest part really.

So who would know the answer as to what Zetsu’s deal is?
I would happen to know. He’s more of a scout for the Akatsuki in this. As for whatever plans he had, they failed when Obito was taken out. It also further complicates things if he’s completely gone as well. If you’ve been recording the main events in history for the shinobi world, it wouldn’t hurt to go along with the Akatsuki and see how things play out.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I would happen to know. He’s more of a scout for the Akatsuki in this. As for whatever plans he had, they failed when Obito was taken out. It also further complicates things if he’s completely gone as well. If you’ve been recording the main events in history for the shinobi world, it wouldn’t hurt to go along with the Akatsuki and see how things play out.
Hmm that makes sense I guess. I feel like we just need to flesh out the Akatsuki a little more.

Compiled a list of people who live in the Leaf and who controls them. Did it off of memory so please tell me if I’m missing anyone who has made at least one appearance. Also, visitors and prisoners don’t count.

Uchiha:
  • Raiku (Nebby)
  • Fugaku (Retro)
  • Shisui (Nebby)
  • Itachi (Retro)
  • Tekka (Retro)
  • Yashiro (Retro)
  • Inabi (Retro)
  • Senshu (Nebby)
Hyūga:
  • Hinagiku (Kyuu)
  • Furījia (Kyuu)
  • Shura (Koop)
  • Shiho (Koop)
  • Kaori (Retro)
  • Natsu (Kyuu)
  • Shu (Koop)
  • Rakūsupā (Kyuu)
Higher Ups:
  • Danzo (Retro/Nebby)
  • Tsunade (Retro/Nebby)
  • Shizune and Tonton (Retro)
  • Jiraiya (Jacob)
  • Homora (Retro)
  • Koharu (Retro)
Others:
  • Taiyo (Soul)
  • Sakura (Jacob)
  • Asuma (Jacob)
  • Kakashi (Jacob)
  • Asuka Sarutobi (Kyuu)
  • Takato (Jacob)
  • Anko (Jacob)
  • Ibuki (Jacob)
  • Yūgao (Jacob)
  • Nara, Inuzuka, Aburame, Yamanaka, Akimichi Heads (Jacob)
  • Might Guy (Jacob)

Compiled a list of people who live in the Leaf and who controls them. Did it off of memory so please tell me if I’m missing anyone who has made at least one appearance. Also, visitors and prisoners don’t count.

Uchiha:
  • Raiku (Nebby)
  • Fugaku (Retro)
  • Shisui (Nebby)
  • Itachi (Retro)
  • Tekka (Retro)
  • Yashiro (Retro)
  • Inabi (Retro)
  • Senshu (Nebby)
Hyūga:
  • Hinagiku (Kyuu)
  • Furījia (Kyuu)
  • Shura (Koop)
  • Shiho (Koop)
  • Kaori (Retro)
  • Natsu (Kyuu)
  • Shu (Koop)
  • Rakūsupā (Kyuu)
Higher Ups:
  • Danzo (Retro/Nebby)
  • Tsunade (Retro/Nebby)
  • Shizune and Tonton (Retro)
  • Jiraiya (Jacob)
  • Homora (Retro)
  • Koharu (Retro)
Others:
  • Taiyo (Soul)
  • Sakura (Jacob)
  • Asuma (Jacob)
  • Kakashi (Jacob)
  • Asuka Sarutobi (Kyuu)
  • Takato (Jacob)
  • Anko (Jacob)
  • Ibuki (Jacob)
  • Yūgao (Jacob)
  • Nara, Inuzuka, Aburame, Yamanaka, Akimichi Heads (Jacob)
  • Might Guy (Jacob)
I've never had any reason to use them, but the filler Jonin Hyuga: Iroha, Hoheto, Tokuma and Ko.

(Actually, I think I did mention two of them in the April Fool's post.)

Also as a technicality, the Taketori Clan, they aren't in Konoha but exist within the Land of Fire area.

Speaking of them, regarding the Jofuku Mountains I think I'll go more the angle of express rights to cultivate the flowers rather than ownership of the land itself. Which might be more ideal to work through the Taketori Clan.

Basically Kiro’s first reaction:
Anyways, not my best post since I struggled depicting some of what I wanted to show. Mainly description wise so I’ll try to explain stuff here before I fall asleep and forget.

‘The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb’ is actually speculated to be the original version of ‘blood is thicker than water’.

The toned down version implies that family bonds or blood have stronger bonds than the ones with people outside like friends. Basically the strength of family ties.

The original is more so family is not always perfect just because of shared blood/womb water. The people who make covenants with you (promises, relationships) are the people that are more likely to be there for you.

At it’s base, I feel this phrase really relates to what Hina wants Kiro to understand. He won’t have the backing from his own clan but he can have it from someone like Hina.

He also wasn’t sure about her backing specifically. Mainly cuz I also played around with the misdirection that made it seem as if she was talking about the Uchiha being a potential backer.

Kiro wants Hina’s backing and figures that’s what she’s offering. However, his pride just won’t let him ask about it in a straightforward question. Or I just really struggled with summarizing his thoughts into one sentence.

But yeah, this is basically what went down in my post. It’s how I view it. Hopefully Hina doesn’t roast him for it or something lel

Basically Kiro’s first reaction:
Anyways, not my best post since I struggled depicting some of what I wanted to show. Mainly description wise so I’ll try to explain stuff here before I fall asleep and forget.

‘The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb’ is actually speculated to be the original version of ‘blood is thicker than water’.

The toned down version implies that family bonds or blood have stronger bonds than the ones with people outside like friends. Basically the strength of family ties.

The original is more so family is not always perfect just because of shared blood/womb water. The people who make covenants with you (promises, relationships) are the people that are more likely to be there for you.

At it’s base, I feel this phrase really relates to what Hina wants Kiro to understand. He won’t have the backing from his own clan but he can have it from someone like Hina.

He also wasn’t sure about her backing specifically. Mainly cuz I also played around with the misdirection that made it seem as if she was talking about the Uchiha being a potential backer.

Kiro wants Hina’s backing and figures that’s what she’s offering. However, his pride just won’t let him ask about it in a straightforward question. Or I just really struggled with summarizing his thoughts into one sentence.

But yeah, this is basically what went down in my post. It’s how I view it. Hopefully Hina doesn’t roast him for it or something lel
Delightful as always love~

Good post! I'm curious as to where Orochimaru stands in the timeline, and on a strength line. By the canon timeline Hiruzen chased him out while Kakashi was still in the Anbu, and that's around the same time as the Nine-tails attack, so I'm kinda wondering wherein that time period this event would've taken place.

Another note would be where he lies on the power index. You've got a lot of work to pull with Jiraiya and Tsunade, @Godjacob , @Retro Master

This does beg the question of how strong Orochimaru will be in about...a year or two when he recovers fully. His prowess when placed into Kimimaro's body and then augmented by the Cursed Seal of Earth and possibly his Eight Branches technique. Hard to pin where he falls now, but I'd handily put him into the mid-upper reaches of Biju level.

Somewhere around War Arc Sage Kabuto...and speaking of Sage Mode do you suppose Kimimaro's body would be strong enough to withstand the power of the White Snake Sage? Orochimaru's was not, but a new body does put him in a different position.

Nice to see that all the villains are well above Kage level lel

On that note elite-jonin to low-kage should be the least passable requirement before our OCs can really tussle with the major villains. (And that's assuming they team up.)

Also, apostrophe's are not your friend xD
village's
pair's
... <--- three dots, not 4
there’s certain things
there's > there are ; cause plural i.e. things
only the reimmerge
only to reimmerge
sister's
duo's
coming
shinobi's
snake's
son's

Good post! I'm curious as to where Orochimaru stands in the timeline, and on a strength line. By the canon timeline Hiruzen chased him out while Kakashi was still in the Anbu, and that's around the same time as the Nine-tails attack, so I'm kinda wondering wherein that time period this event would've taken place.

Another note would be where he lies on the power index. You've got a lot of work to pull with Jiraiya and Tsunade, @Godjacob , @Retro Master

This does beg the question of how strong Orochimaru will be in about...a year or two when he recovers fully. His prowess when placed into Kimimaro's body and then augmented by the Cursed Seal of Earth and possibly his Eight Branches technique. Hard to pin where he falls now, but I'd handily put him into the mid-upper reaches of Biju level.

Somewhere around War Arc Sage Kabuto...and speaking of Sage Mode do you suppose Kimimaro's body would be strong enough to withstand the power of the White Snake Sage? Orochimaru's was not, but a new body does put him in a different position.

Nice to see that all the villains are well above Kage level lel

On that note elite-jonin to low-kage should be the least passable requirement before our OCs can really tussle with the major villains. (And that's assuming they team up.)

Also, apostrophe's are not your friend xD

village's

pair's

there's > there are ; cause plural i.e. things

only to reimmerge

sister's

duo's

coming

shinobi's

snake's

son's

I like rarely use apostrophes. This is old news. XD

Although thanks for pointing out the spelling error. Lmao

Grammar nitpicking

But yeah, should be well known now that Zander doesn’t care about proper grammar

Um no, please don’t speak for me in that light. I have a habit of skipping apostrophes, which, while may annoy some, it doesn’t destroy the quality of a good post.

Meanwhile I use writing format, spacing, proper spelling, etc.
If you believe I’ve got no care for proper grammar you best take a long hard look in the mirror because I genuinely believe my posts are written at a higher quality than your own. And that means if I don’t care, you care even less.

Also, how long do we plan to rp the next short while before the Rain Arc?

Last edited:
As he was about to head out, Rasa stopped as he heard Madoka's request and turned to look at the Gennin. He thought about what she said. "Hmm, its good that you're thinking about the future, it's a valuable mentality. Very well, as long as you don't cause any problems you can come along." He said before walking out. Making his way through the Sand Village, Rasa looked around at the various bright sceneries presented to him. From the children busy playing on the streets to the adults moving from place to place, either working or just to have fun. A slight gust of wind picked up a bit of sand in a swirly motion before blowing off into the wall of a nearby building. A small smirk appeared on the Kazekage’s face, this was the village he has worked so hard to maintain, but that wasn’t all the only side of his beloved village. Arriving at a much... gloomier part of the village, the scenery completely changed, as did Rasa’s expression. The streets were dirty and full of old houses and building, some of which are even falling apart. The area was not filled with the laugh of children or the gossips of workers on their breaks, instead a dead silence was present in their stead. The streets were barren, spare for the few unfortunate souls who are finding themselves homeless. A sanitary mess was in front of passing spectators. Rasa lowered his gaze his smirk completely faded from his face, this sight reminded him of what he has yet to accomplish as Kazekage, a bright future for everyone in his nation. The group eventually arrived at the prison area where they were detaining Kin. Rasa brought his attention back on the present matter and walked inside. He moved to the cell that was keeping the captive foreign Jinchuriki. "Still no intention to comply? This attitude won’t buy you anything." He spoke in a serious tone.

I went and rewrote my last post with Rasa and added a lot more details which hopefully shows what state the sand village is in, I would like opinions

Konohagakure To-do List

• Retrofit the Sensory Barrier Surrounding the Village
    • The barrier allows people who were formerly registered to slip through unnoticed. Noteworthy examples, Obito and the Kyuubi attack, Orochimaru and the Sound village attack.

This needs to be corrected.
  • We've got Medical Shinobi to train
    • Zaku wasted a significant chunk of them 3 months ago. Since I've occasionally seen the fact that we're a leg-down in the medical department used in arguments against the villages, this should be corrected with all due haste.
  • Research Facilities
    • Konoha has a few of these mentioned here and there, like the lab they used to decode Jiraiya's message and all, but the facilities I'm talking about are more medical in nature and take advantage of the rare resources we supposedly have access to.
    • First off, the Nara Forest, which is supposed to possess rare herbs and their own compendium of medical tidbits or whatever. This should be used to the advantage of the village's medical corps. That being said, @Godjacob feel free to do with that as you please, however, Hinagiku will bring it up at tomorrow's meeting.
    • Second, the Jofuku Mountains which are somewhere in the Land of Fire, the series never specifies where. The Mountain contains flowers which have medicinal properties. There is already a highly skilled (Konoha) kunoichi who lives in the forest, but again, this should be used to more benefit.

The Hyūga will personally see to this facility
  • Rewriting the Konoha Emergency Protocols
    • Konoha has a protocol in case the village is ever under attack.[19]
      1. Eliminate the enemy units.
      2. If phase 1 is not viable, evacuate every civilian to the nearest shelter hidden throughout the village.
      3. Use all of the forces in the village to eliminate the enemy with full force using home-field advantage.

This is the existing protocol and it isn't bad per se...Hmmm, no it's pretty shit.

I think we've been invaded enough to consider writing up and enforcing more effective emergency maneuvers.
  • Damages to Konoha's Wall (Reaver) & the Water Reservoir (Zaku)
    • Something should probably be done about these. Not just repairs but preferably some reinforcements and augmentation.

It's disgraceful for all the supposedly vital structures like our supply of freshwater to be within a genin's capacity to F.U.B.A.R.
      FUBAR = F*CK UP BEYOND ALL REPAIR
  • Academy Renovations
    • This one ties into re-equipping our medical force. We're going to be retraining shinobi (fodder) for the sake of having things covered, so streamlining the process would be optimal.

There are Tokubetsu Jonin who specialize in teaching, namely Ebisu, so we can utilize such people to form an early 'funnel' for students. Judging what they're good at and giving them the option to train in more suited environments to strengthen these traits.

E.g. If a child turns out to be good at taijutsu, the Hyūga will spare no effort in assisting their growth and training. The same should be said of the Uchiha or Sarutobi with a child possessing strong Fire Release.

Note that this funneling is optional, so we won't be forcing them into it. They're free to finish the generalized academy course if they so desire.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Konohagakure To-do List

• Retrofit the Sensory Barrier Surrounding the Village
    • The barrier allows people who were formerly registered to slip through unnoticed. Noteworthy examples, Obito and the Kyuubi attack, Orochimaru and the Sound village attack.

This needs to be corrected.
  • We've got Medical Shinobi to train
    • Zaku wasted a significant chunk of them 3 months ago. Since I've occasionally seen the fact that we're a leg-down in the medical department used in arguments against the villages, this should be corrected with all due haste.
  • Research Facilities
    • Konoha has a few of these mentioned here and there, like the lab they used to decode Jiraiya's message and all, but the facilities I'm talking about are more medical in nature and take advantage of the rare resources we supposedly have access to.
    • First off, the Nara Forest, which is supposed to possess rare herbs and their own compendium of medical tidbits or whatever. This should be used to the advantage of the village's medical corps. That being said, @Godjacob feel free to do with that as you please, however, Hinagiku will bring it up at tomorrow's meeting.
    • Second, the Jofuku Mountains which are somewhere in the Land of Fire, the series never specifies where. The Mountain contains flowers which have medicinal properties. There is already a highly skilled (Konoha) kunoichi who lives in the forest, but again, this should be used to more benefit.

The Hyūga will personally see to this facility
  • Rewriting the Konoha Emergency Protocols
    • Konoha has a protocol in case the village is ever under attack.[19]
      1. Eliminate the enemy units.
      2. If phase 1 is not viable, evacuate every civilian to the nearest shelter hidden throughout the village.
      3. Use all of the forces in the village to eliminate the enemy with full force using home-field advantage.

This is the existing protocol and it isn't bad per se...Hmmm, no it's pretty shit.

I think we've been invaded enough to consider writing up and enforcing more effective emergency maneuvers.
  • Damages to Konoha's Wall (Reaver) & the Water Reservoir (Zaku)
    • Something should probably be done about these. Not just repairs but preferably some reinforcements and augmentation.

It's disgraceful for all the supposedly vital structures like our supply of freshwater to be within a genin's capacity to F.U.B.A.R.
      FUBAR = F*CK UP BEYOND ALL REPAIR
  • Academy Renovations
    • This one ties into re-equipping our medical force. We're going to be retraining shinobi (fodder) for the sake of having things covered, so streamlining the process would be optimal.

There are Tokubetsu Jonin who specialize in teaching, namely Ebisu, so we can utilize such people to form an early 'funnel' for students. Judging what they're good at and giving them the option to train in more suited environments to strengthen these traits.

E.g. If a child turns out to be good at taijutsu, the Hyūga will spare no effort in assisting their growth and training. The same should be said of the Uchiha or Sarutobi with a child possessing strong Fire Release.

Note that this funneling is optional, so we won't be forcing them into it. They're free to finish the generalized academy course if they so desire.

Highly accurate rundown all things considered. Though a slight correction: Dosu destroyed the reservoir, who was a chunnin.