• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
It’s complete!
56658261-0CA0-49EB-93C2-14DB38575160.jpeg

View attachment 695134
Was...aiming for more of a dragon shape but okay XD

Welllllllll I can’t do the shirt thing...for reasons I can’t say.

I’ll have to think on that...

Hey now, not a bad idea...! Could be a good complimentary color to all the grey and black

Ooooh,I love hints at new power.
Katsuo: Hey Zaku! Take off your shirt. Flex off, bro.

Perhaps give him a greyish purple skin tone? Youd have to go pretty light on the purple to keep your markings nice and visible, but it would be a switch up from the basic grey skin.

Edit: *Reads colorblind comment. Single tear drops.* ITS BECAUSE I CANT DISCERN ORANGE FROM RED AND GREY FROM PINK, RIGHT!?!?

Katsuo: Hey Zaku! Take off your shirt. Flex off, bro.
Zaku: you really want to be in my pants that badly?

Perhaps give him a greyish purple skin tone? Youd have to go pretty light on the purple to keep your markings nice and visible, but it would be a switch up from the basic grey skin.
I actually went with a brown, similar to Kimimaro and tayuya. You saw the finished drawings right?

*Hinagiku assessing Kiro's technique*

walkinggarbage.png

Phew, on a side note though I actually had to scan through a bunch of sources to generate those flaws xD

The right hand is the one he used to block Sagisō's kick, breathing techniques were from boxing, chakra control was from the earlier episodes of Naruto where they were explaining it
v10-nar4.gif

was quite the task...took me a few hours...and I got too lazy so I cut off the last two sections for Nadeshiko Kunoichi. I might add them...at some point.

*Hinagiku assessing Kiro's technique*

walkinggarbage.png

Phew, on a side note though I actually had to scan through a bunch of sources to generate those flaws xD
I appreciate it lel

Other than the hand (which I forgot), I was trying to finding ways to make the actual attack a bit sloppy. I was considering just having his body completely give out by the time he made it to Hina. But that would’ve been better if Hina went for an actual attack, so I could enjoy describing Kiro being physically destroyed XD

Other than the traumatizing water prison, Kiro will most likely take this as a tiny step in the right direction lmao :D

Uhh the 8 trigrams each represent a Cardinal direction, so you can use them to direct other Hyuga to follow a path.

The 64 Hexagrams are various combination of the 8 triagrams and they can mean various things. Kinda hard to use them in a message though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexagram_(I_Ching) (Hexagram (I Ching) - Wikipedia)
I get that, but do I signal using movements? Is that how it works
What I'm not sure about is how to use the 8 trigram to send the signals

I get that, but do I signal using movements? Is that how it works
What I'm not sure about is how to use the 8 trigram to send the signals

carve them into objects. that's probably the easiest way.
Going to be honest here @kyuukestu . The stars seem to lose me whenever they come in, because their names are longer than anything they say @.@
eh, just reference them as their star ranks. assign them numbers 1 - 108 and it should be easier to understand.

Oh, and I've not mentioned their names at all xD

well, their actual names.

The only with an actual name is the Brave star, Mudan Hua Wang. The rest are merely star titles.

E.g.

Sagiso's full title would be

36th | 36th | Heavenly Skillful Star | Prodigal Wanderer | Yan Qin | Yan Yizhen | Sagiso Ajisai

Where it's

Absolute rank (out of 108 )- 36th
Relative rank (out of 36 or 72 {36 is Sagiso's case}) - 36th
Star Title- Heavenly Skillful Star (As opposed to the Earthly Skillful Star)
Nickname - Prodigal Wanderer
Star Name - Yan Qin
Courtesy Name - Yan Yizhen
True Name - Sagiso Ajisai

It's cause in ancient China everyone needed to have 16 different names for some reason. I actually cut out a lot of them because some stars had as many as 4 or 5 different Star titles, and several nicknames :v

carve them into objects. that's probably the easiest way.

eh, just reference them as their star ranks. assign them numbers 1 - 108 and it should be easier to understand.

Oh, and I've not mentioned their names at all xD

well, their actual names.

The only with an actual name is the Brave star, Mudan Hua Wang. The rest are merely star titles.

E.g.

Sagiso's full title would be

36th | 36th | Heavenly Skillful Star | Prodigal Wanderer | Yan Qin | Yan Yizhen | Sagiso Ajisai

Where it's

Absolute rank (out of 108 )- 36th
Relative rank (out of 36 or 72 {36 is Sagiso's case}) - 36th
Star Title- Heavenly Skillful Star (As opposed to the Earthly Skillful Star)
Nickname - Prodigal Wanderer
Star Name - Yan Qin
Courtesy Name - Yan Yizhen
True Name - Sagiso Ajisai

It's cause in ancient China everyone needed to have 16 different names for some reason. I actually cut out a lot of them because some stars had as many as 4 or 5 different Star titles, and several nicknames :v

It’s just....very confusing to read...much less remember

Twas much worst before I formatted it to make it look even sorta neat. You only need to know that there are 108 of them, and from there on you can just use their absolute rankings. Since I use their absolute ranking to start their posts as opposed to their actual names, there isn't much to remember.

I feel that having 108 unique characters with names kinda makes the "small" Nadeshiko Village by far the strongest in our AU canon just because there is no fodder within it. XD

That is a very interesting point you make. On paper, Nadeshiko is barley on the map, let alone little more than a rag tag group compared to the villages. In practice it should be the same.

Hope that these 108 aren’t obscenely powerful just because they have names

That is a very interesting point you make. On paper, Nadeshiko is barley on the map, let alone little more than a rag tag group compared to the villages. In practice it should be the same.

Hope that these 108 aren’t obscenely powerful just because they have names

I doubt all of them will but but that's not really the point.

It's just so many "important" people compared to any other village it can work with a few lower tier names.

Their leader will be super OP I can sense. Their leader fought Jiraiya in canon and while I think he was far from going all out it is a canon feat for the village so their leader will be Sannin tier. Which with improvements made to Tsunade to scale up up to Jiraiya & Orochimaru make her above the other Kage of the other main 5 villages.

From there all Nadeshiko needs is to have enough names to scale off members to the important characters of the other villages and use whatever is left to dispose of the nameless fodder. We've already had ANBU drop like flies during the Invasion and Sound Chase Arc so fodder even in our AU is trash tier no matter the rank. A recipe for world domination really XD

I've more or less disposed of canon Nadeshiko entirely.

Since the main basis for them is instead the 108 Star Maidens rather than their canon influence, the power scaling is entirely different. The strongest among the 108 is without doubt the 2nd ranked Heavenly star, who scales to pseudo-kage. Around Hina/Jin's level.

Following behind her are the 5 tiger generals who'd scale to the Yuki Honor Guard, or the Hyuga's faction leaders.

For there on out its more about the stars speciality, though they can be loosely scaled to regular Jonin and Chunin. With the few exceptions of Stars such as the Wisdom Star, Thief Star, Efficacious Star, and a few others who are explicitely intended to be terrible at combat but excelling at other things.

Nope, not moving until both teams are gone because one of you is gonna pull that just so happened to spot Sagisō even though she's next to invisible.

So it ain't happening. Maybe Hyō and Koki'o will do something, but I'll have to think of it first.

I only see that happening with Zaku because of super hearing, or Shura because of byakugan. Maybe Kiro or Raiku hecausenof sharingan