• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well I suspected Shen would pull something like that. I don't even know why I try at all....
There's a subtle art to dealing with Shen's characters. You need to not only appeal to their individual quirks, but you also need to simultaneously placate their egos. That means 9/10 times outright challenging them is not the way to go. You need to be more like Mori and butter up your opponents. That's how Mori keeps making friends.

My characters and Shen's don't get along because my character will only tolerate at best, but never fawn to feed their ego.

There's a subtle art to dealing with Shen's characters. You need to not only appeal to their individual quirks, but you also need to simultaneously placate their egos. That means 9/10 times outright challenging them is not the way to go. You need to be more like Mori and butter up your opponents. That's how Mori keeps making friends.

My characters and Shen's don't get along because my character will only tolerate at best, but never fawn to feed their ego.

No, this is it. Azumi tried to be the nice girl, complimented Reaver before Pain and even tried to sympathize with his honor before this. Tried to speak and be reasonable with someone who hates her and I approached this every way short of sucking him off.

This is Azumi's team. This is the plot for my main and Reaver is getting annoying in the way of it. Ruining my fun & enjoyment at every turn, I am done. And Azumi is gonna instill order in my next post. @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader do not post until I do.

Last edited:

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Well I suspected Shen would pull something like that. I don't even know why I try at all....
They’ve only been a team for a short while.

Exactly. Mori made friends with nearly every Force out there I threw at him from the deranged, murderous, and the paychotic. Meanwhile you targeted the most volatile of the group and decided the best thing to do what to antagonize him.
No, this is it. Azumi tried to be the nice girl, complimented Reaver before Pain and even tried to sympathize with his honor before this. Tried to speak and be reasonable with someone who hates her and I approached this every way short of sucking him off.

This is Azumi's team. This is the plot for my main and Reaver is getting annoying in the way of it. Ruining my fun & enjoyment at every turn, I am done. And Azumi is gonna instill order in my next post. @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader do not post until I do.

Ruining your enjoyment? That seems a bit much don’t you think?

Exactly. Mori made friends with nearly every Force out there I threw at him from the deranged, murderous, and the paychotic. Meanwhile you targeted the most volatile of the group and decided the best thing to do what to antagonize him.

Mori: *Smiles smugly*
I mean, most of these ain’t wrong XD every team has their bumps and bruises. Team mist had to hire a criminal-become-slave that tried to kill one of ‘em
Team Iwa is kinda the living version of this. Suppose it is better than hiring a criminal

Attachments

• nooo-nooo-0-berkeleymews-com-taking-a-bullet-for-you-24908535.png
    nooo-nooo-0-berkeleymews-com-taking-a-bullet-for-you-24908535.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I mean it's not from Konoha. Of course it is garbage.
Nah I mean its a particular brand of garbage

In terms of skill with Genjutsu the Dojutsu generally look something like this

1. Ranmaru's Dojutsu
  2. Sharingan | Ketsuryugan
  3. Rinnegan
  4. Byakugan
but at the very least it granted them immunity to visual genjutsu. This Iwa dojutsu while having prowess comparable to the Sharingan/Ketsuryugan kinda flops because the genjutsu was the only thing it had running for it, and it just got wrecked by Sarada's 1 tomoe Sharingan.

Nah I mean its a particular brand of garbage

In terms of skill with Genjutsu the Dojutsu generally look something like this

1. Ranmaru's Dojutsu
  3. Rinnegan
  4. Byakugan
but at the very least it granted them immunity to visual genjutsu. This Iwa dojutsu while having prowess comparable to the Sharingan/Ketsuryugan kinda flops because the genjutsu was the only thing it had running for it, and it just got wrecked by Sarada's 1 tomoe Sharingan.

Ranking Ranmaru's Dojutsu as highest feels incredibly misleading. It only has the ability to "hinder" other Dojutsu.

@kyuukestu

All that air is going upwards. If I add fire and some explosive tags to it, they should also be directed upwards towards Kiro right? Also, since the wind in a low pressure system goes counter clockwise, if I have the fire go counter clockwise with it, would that further increase the firenado’s power?

Also, what happened to the wires? Kiro connected the wires to the kunai Sagisō threw at the explosives. Those same wires were stuck to the levers. Then again, it wouldn’t really affect the chain events.

If effected a Genin Neji's Byakugan. We have no idea if it would work on an experienced Uchiha/Hyuga much less a Rinnegan user.
I think it would on the basis that Ranmu himself wasn't some hyper skilled dojutsu user. Assuming similar levels of skill with their dojutsu I'd say the results should still end up the same.

Save for the Mangekyo Sharingan, the rest of dojutsu show pretty similar levels of immunity to visual genjutsu. The MS is in an odd space because it's genjutsu abilities tend to be somewhat reliant on the special conditions and the MS abilities granted by it.

What I mean by this is that I don't believe a MS user who doesn't have genjutsu related MS abilities would be vastly superior to another genjutsu-focused dojutsu user in terms of casting genjutsu. Likewise, I don't believe their base immunities would be all that different either.

Tsukiyomi was broken by Sasuke with a base Sharingan because of its conditional clause of 'Only someone with my blood can break this genjutsu' or something like that. So considering that Immunity to MS genjutsu is based entirely on conditionals rather that dojutsu skill I equalize most, if not all, dojutsu to the same level of immunity.

Now, the Rinnegan doesn't have any super spectacular genjutsu feats, and none of the Paths are specifically dedicated to genjutsu either. Could it resist a Tsukuyomi? shrugs

Since I can't say that among the Rinnegan, Sharingan, and Byakugan, one has definitively greater genjutsu immunity, I call them all equal and what affects one should reasonably affect the others.

That's already the most 'equal' way I can rationalize it, because if I rationalize it the other way then the Byakugan has the greatest immunity to genjutsu by virtue of it having the best perception of chakra.

Ah, note that immunity to genjutsu and skill with genjutsu are two distinctly different things, and are in no way synonymous.
@kyuukestu
All that air is going upwards. If I add fire and some explosive tags to it, they should also be directed upwards towards Kiro right?
Yes, fire and explosive tags will be directed upward back at Kiro. Unless you pull out all stops and perform a large scale Fire Release that'll combat the repulsion of the wind, or something like that.
Also, since the wind in a low pressure system goes counter clockwise, if I have the fire go counter clockwise with it, would that further increase the firenado’s power?
Nai, if you have the fire go clockwise it would weaken the system as it opposes the direction of the system. If I were to get technical then I believe the system would still hold because Kiro has no way of getting the fire to go clockwise fast enough to completely nullify the counterclockwise motion of the system. He would be able to with LCM though, but not while he's in mid-air.
Also, what happened to the wires? Kiro connected the wires to the kunai Sagisō threw at the explosives. Those same wires were stuck to the levers. Then again, it wouldn’t really affect the chain events.
Huh, that's actually not how I visualized that... I saw the wires more as stuck to Kiro's fingers so that when he went flying the Kunai would be yanked forward towards Sagisō, so I figured they'd just be hanging there.

Well, in that case, I don't need to let Sagisō get caught, I can have those wires interfere with the wires between the shuriken Kiro was recalling since they'd all be right next to each other anyway...

Well, where did you think they were?

Early on in the fight Kakashi had a wall made behind Pain and had him cornered as he went for a Chidori only for Pain's Rinnegan to cast this visual trick.

B4BDFEAC4525A5F22F3B21E830724804B4B2CE92

Which caused Kakashi to miss point blank and scare/confuse him.
Ah yes, he used that on Naruto as well. Not really sure what that is, but you make a fair point. Assuming this is indeed a genjutsu then that undermines the immunities abilities off all the Dojutsu.

I would then reassess their genjutsu immunities as

1. Ranmaru's Dojutsu | Rinnegan
2. Everything else

Their genjutsu skills would then be

1. Ranmaru's Dojutsu | Rinnegan
3. Byakugan

Yes, fire and explosive tags will be directed upward back at Kiro. Unless you pull out all stops and perform a large scale Fire Release that'll combat the repulsion of the wind, or something like that.

Nai, if you have the fire go clockwise it would weaken the system as it opposes the direction of the system. If I were to get technical then I believe the system would still hold because Kiro has no way of getting the fire to go clockwise fast enough to completely nullify the counterclockwise motion of the system. He would be able to with LCM though, but not while he's in mid-air.
But if the fire went counterclockwise, would it help the system? Any direction except clockwise should make the system stronger right?

Oh and the first sentence will be Kiro landing on the ceiling. It was gonna be one of the last few sentences of my last post anyways. And besides, no matter what, Kiro can’t use his lightning armor/LCM (or whatever variation it is) just like that.

But if the fire went counterclockwise, would it help the system? Any direction except clockwise should make the system stronger right?

Oh and the first sentence will be Kiro landing on the ceiling. It was gonna be one of the last few sentences of my last post anyways. And besides, no matter what, Kiro can’t use his lightning armor/LCM (or whatever variation it is) just like that.
Going counterclockwise would add to the system unless you performed certain measures which you'll need to figure out on your own.

Counterclockwise helps the system, Clockwise opposes the system, other directions may just result in the flames being extinguished or blown back on Kiro. Depends on what you're trying to do really.

Ah yes, the ceiling
The blender or wind and steel rose towards Kiro at a frightening speed. Even faster than the cyclone were two objects, mere shadows that streaked into the sky and embedded themselves in the ceiling. They were kunai, and on their tails, paper bombs.

The cyclone produced a powerful updraft, and Sagisō's clone had used that to ferry along two kunai knives a blinding speeds. They weren't attacks against Kiro, instead, they were deterrents. There would be no escapes to the ceiling by riding the updraft of her cyclone.
good luck with that.

Kind of annoyed that’s being used against me. Does it really make that much of a difference? Wouldn’t the kunai still go to him?

I think you're misunderstanding something. Those Kunai and the ones Kiro threw are two different set of Kunai. The ones Kiro threw got deflected. These Kunai are something Sagisō's clone threw with the purpose of blowing up the ceiling so Kiro doesn't have anything to recover on.

I think you're misunderstanding something. Those Kunai and the ones Kiro threw are two different set of Kunai. The ones Kiro threw got deflected. These Kunai are something Sagisō's clone threw with the purpose of blowing up the ceiling so Kiro doesn't have anything to recover on.
So the ceiling will be blown up before Kiro can land? I’m not trying to argue, but I just need some confirmations. Like will it actually destroy that part of the ceiling?