1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

Discussion in 'General Role Play Discussion' started by Shen: King of the Mist, Mar 19, 2018.

Tags:
?

First Exam:

Poll closed Oct 4, 2018.
  1. Written exam

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. ??? New exam

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. well against...all my characters are summed up in my signature with names, chakra natures, etc. That sort of basic info. Dunno why you'd want to search through the discussion ~w~

DarkHydraT, 5DigitNeb and Nukas like this.
  2. Nukas

Nukas Previously Kid_Nukas

Hey, 2 of them are mine. Sorry you can't claim all 108

DarkHydraT, 5DigitNeb and kyuukestu like this.
  3. Shen: King of the Mist

Shen: King of the Mist Previously Shen: Ghost Gym Leader

An early sketch of a masterpiece...
    56ED5488-5494-43B4-A5F5-CD415D43F55E.jpeg

4. Nukas

He's beautiful.

5. Shen: King of the Mist

6. Nukas

He is truly my favorite boy and it just works so well. Thank you Kyuu for having this random idea

7. Shen: King of the Mist

It was pretty fun to make too, shockingly XD

DarkHydraT, Nukas and 5DigitNeb like this.
  8. 5DigitNeb

5DigitNeb Previously ScorchPlayz

1 second cute marimachi boi, the next screeching xenophobic boi

Swirled, DarkHydraT, Godjacob and 4 others like this.
  9. Good to see we were on the same page :)

Baiyan: So loud... *levels sword at Reaver* Well, I'll grant your wish.

10. Shen: King of the Mist

Blame Azumi. She activated his switch XD

11. R.I.P Team Azumi, she's got a lot of work ahead of her.

This pretty much sums up their relationship

12. Nukas

I listen to more music because of Kyuu than I do because I'm in Chorus.

13. I was in Orchestra so I know those aren't for letting you listen to a super wide variety of songs xD It's usually just a couple of songs per year which you practice and then perform at concerts.

*AHEM*

Three Strikes, after that Baiyan's gonna say she tried and just fight.

In the mean time;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5DigitNeb, Nukas, Swirled and 3 others like this.
  14. Shen: King of the Mist

I mean, most of these ain’t wrong XD every team has their bumps and bruises. Team mist had to hire a criminal-become-slave that tried to kill one of ‘em

5DigitNeb, Nukas, Swirled and 3 others like this.
  15. Well I suspected Shen would pull something like that. I don't even know why I try at all....

16. There's a subtle art to dealing with Shen's characters. You need to not only appeal to their individual quirks, but you also need to simultaneously placate their egos. That means 9/10 times outright challenging them is not the way to go. You need to be more like Mori and butter up your opponents. That's how Mori keeps making friends.

My characters and Shen's don't get along because my character will only tolerate at best, but never fawn to feed their ego.

17. No, this is it. Azumi tried to be the nice girl, complimented Reaver before Pain and even tried to sympathize with his honor before this. Tried to speak and be reasonable with someone who hates her and I approached this every way short of sucking him off.

This is Azumi's team. This is the plot for my main and Reaver is getting annoying in the way of it. Ruining my fun & enjoyment at every turn, I am done. And Azumi is gonna instill order in my next post. @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader do not post until I do.

#25497 Godjacob, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  18. Shen: King of the Mist

They’ve only been a team for a short while.
    Exactly. Mori made friends with nearly every Force out there I threw at him from the deranged, murderous, and the paychotic. Meanwhile you targeted the most volatile of the group and decided the best thing to do what to antagonize him.
    Ruining your enjoyment? That seems a bit much don’t you think?

19. Mori: *Smiles smugly*
    Team Iwa is kinda the living version of this. Suppose it is better than hiring a criminal

Attached Files:

#25499 DarkHydraT, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  20. No, not it isn't. This has killed my passion for the RP at every turn and I am tired of it.

Anyway I'll make a reply to the Kakashi/Team Kenji stuff later. Super busy today sorry.

21. Shen: King of the Mist

This got interesting quick...although it would be more interesting if I didn’t know what fueled the post.

22. Sorry to disappoint you Shen. Should have kept it a mystery so you got the most enjoyment out of it.

DarkHydraT, Nukas and 5DigitNeb like this.
  23. Shen: King of the Mist

As in I’m disheartened you feel that way. And I apologize if I made your experience in the Rp and less than it should be

24. I appreciate the apology.

You and everyone deserve to know how I honestly feel rather than my usual passive aggressive comments.

5DigitNeb, DarkHydraT, Nukas and 3 others like this.
  25. Shen: King of the Mist

Hopefully that post doesnt seem rushed

5DigitNeb, DarkHydraT and Nukas like this.
  26. Well I mean I had Azumi go to stab Reaver not just wrestle him to the ground...

Flashback was nice. I'll need some time to cool down from my emotional state to appreciate it more.

27. Alright, you know how I said Iwa had a pretty decent dojutsu? The latest Boruto episode just retconned all of that, the dojutsu is garbage now.

28. Kidomaru pulled the celling down in front of Henshina correct?

Nukas, 5DigitNeb and DarkHydraT like this.
  29. Shen: King of the Mist

Actually he pulled down the entire web coated roof, meaning the entire webbing he set up ahead of time is now falling down to entrap or slow her down

30. So did he collapse the cave?

31. Shen: King of the Mist

No he just released the web to constrain her. There’s just a massive amount of webbing now, like a field. Falling down on her from the whole ceiling

32. I mean it's not from Konoha. Of course it is garbage.

Nukas, DarkHydraT, kyuukestu and 2 others like this.
  33. Nah I mean its a particular brand of garbage

In terms of skill with Genjutsu the Dojutsu generally look something like this

1. Ranmaru's Dojutsu
    2. Sharingan | Ketsuryugan
    3. Rinnegan
    4. Byakugan
    but at the very least it granted them immunity to visual genjutsu. This Iwa dojutsu while having prowess comparable to the Sharingan/Ketsuryugan kinda flops because the genjutsu was the only thing it had running for it, and it just got wrecked by Sarada's 1 tomoe Sharingan.

Nukas, DarkHydraT and 5DigitNeb like this.
  34. Ranking Ranmaru's Dojutsu as highest feels incredibly misleading. It only has the ability to "hinder" other Dojutsu.

35. In terms of sheer genjutsu ability it wins out precisely because of its ability to affect other dojutsu users. It's the only one that can do that in a direct clash.

36. If effected a Genin Neji's Byakugan. We have no idea if it would work on an experienced Uchiha/Hyuga much less a Rinnegan user.

37. @kyuukestu

All that air is going upwards. If I add fire and some explosive tags to it, they should also be directed upwards towards Kiro right? Also, since the wind in a low pressure system goes counter clockwise, if I have the fire go counter clockwise with it, would that further increase the firenado’s power?

Also, what happened to the wires? Kiro connected the wires to the kunai Sagisō threw at the explosives. Those same wires were stuck to the levers. Then again, it wouldn’t really affect the chain events.

38. I think it would on the basis that Ranmu himself wasn't some hyper skilled dojutsu user. Assuming similar levels of skill with their dojutsu I'd say the results should still end up the same.

Save for the Mangekyo Sharingan, the rest of dojutsu show pretty similar levels of immunity to visual genjutsu. The MS is in an odd space because it's genjutsu abilities tend to be somewhat reliant on the special conditions and the MS abilities granted by it.

What I mean by this is that I don't believe a MS user who doesn't have genjutsu related MS abilities would be vastly superior to another genjutsu-focused dojutsu user in terms of casting genjutsu. Likewise, I don't believe their base immunities would be all that different either.

Tsukiyomi was broken by Sasuke with a base Sharingan because of its conditional clause of 'Only someone with my blood can break this genjutsu' or something like that. So considering that Immunity to MS genjutsu is based entirely on conditionals rather that dojutsu skill I equalize most, if not all, dojutsu to the same level of immunity.

Now, the Rinnegan doesn't have any super spectacular genjutsu feats, and none of the Paths are specifically dedicated to genjutsu either. Could it resist a Tsukuyomi? shrugs

Since I can't say that among the Rinnegan, Sharingan, and Byakugan, one has definitively greater genjutsu immunity, I call them all equal and what affects one should reasonably affect the others.

That's already the most 'equal' way I can rationalize it, because if I rationalize it the other way then the Byakugan has the greatest immunity to genjutsu by virtue of it having the best perception of chakra.

Ah, note that immunity to genjutsu and skill with genjutsu are two distinctly different things, and are in no way synonymous.
    Yes, fire and explosive tags will be directed upward back at Kiro. Unless you pull out all stops and perform a large scale Fire Release that'll combat the repulsion of the wind, or something like that.
    Nai, if you have the fire go clockwise it would weaken the system as it opposes the direction of the system. If I were to get technical then I believe the system would still hold because Kiro has no way of getting the fire to go clockwise fast enough to completely nullify the counterclockwise motion of the system. He would be able to with LCM though, but not while he's in mid-air.
    Huh, that's actually not how I visualized that... I saw the wires more as stuck to Kiro's fingers so that when he went flying the Kunai would be yanked forward towards Sagisō, so I figured they'd just be hanging there.

Well, in that case, I don't need to let Sagisō get caught, I can have those wires interfere with the wires between the shuriken Kiro was recalling since they'd all be right next to each other anyway...

Well, where did you think they were?

39. If the Pain and Kakashi interaction was any indication the Rinnegan and standard Sharingan are far from one in the same in this regard.

40. If you wouldn't mind explaining more about what you mean that'd be appreciated.