• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm good points. Wait. This all works out perfectly... do your worst with that :\=|: it won’t do you any good but harm yourself

Let's wait for @kyuukestu to come back first. I want to his his take on this, and I may have to edit my response given this fight is Baiyan's showcase. And I can relate to feeling an OC of mine is getting screwed in fight portrayal.

....even if I am still confused what kyuu expect Azumi to do. Cause it seems kyuu wants Azumi to just shrug at Reaver's antics and go for the kill so Baiyan could either defeat them both or turn them against each other. Which seems out of character for Azumi given her objective. And would undermine the team if Baiyan is twice as good as either of them (Though Team Taka wasn't balanced in this regard, still feels weird.) If there is a way to do it without lowering Azumi's character I'll do anything just curious.

Hey, but it’s accurate XD.

Weather you refuse to lose to reaver is irrelevant, you did instigate this...so...don’t act surprised that your going to lose XD.
Your confidence is astounding, though I have no intentions of outright losing so you'll be sorely disappointed~
I mean, what did you want me to have Azumi do? Her goal was to spar with Baiyan and get a feel for her strength. Seeing Reaver go mad over a petty insult and go in guns blazing compromises her goal. She doesn't want to risk Baiyan dying, even if it was a one percent chance of it. Stopping Reaver would be logically what she would do in this situation.

I can edit it if you are that displeased, I am just curious what you wanted me to do is all.
I don't want you to do anything, I'm just dissatisfied with the way the battle is heading.
Baiyan antagonized reaver, whom she already knew was twitchy in the trigger in the first place. I think baiyan May want to surrender, as I’m unsure how to keep her alive from my attack
Don't worry about keeping her alive. I'll deal with that.
Let's wait for @kyuukestu to come back first. I want to his his take on this, and I may have to edit my response given this fight is Baiyan's showcase. And I can relate to feeling an OC of mine is getting screwed in fight portrayal.

....even if I am still confused what kyuu expect Azumi to do. Cause it seems kyuu wants Azumi to just shrug at Reaver's antics and go for the kill so Baiyan could either defeat them both or turn them against each other. Which seems out of character for Azumi given her objective. And would undermine the team if Baiyan is twice as good as either of them (Though Team Taka wasn't balanced in this regard, still feels weird.) If there is a way to do it without lowering Azumi's character I'll do anything just curious.
You don't need to edit anything, and I didn't intend on having Baiyan win, because regardless of how logical the situation might've been it wouldn't have been remotely fair for a new character to defeat two established top-tier characters at the start, and it would completely undermine Azumi's entire image as the leader. What I desire is a satisfying conclusion where I can both represent the strength of my character and end the battle without significant injury. Baiyan can't win because of I don't want to turn Reaver and Azumi into Warfs, I don't intend to let Reaver win because that's too dangerous to my Oc, and if turns into Baiyan + Azumi vs Reaver than that completely undermines my initial goals.

Given that I neither want to win nor lose, that leaves me with escape or forcing a draw. The former is done easily enough, but would again be rather unsatisfying, and the latter would only make sense given that the battle devolved into a 3-way melee.

Alternatively, I did state before that my preferred course of action would be that Azumi interferes with a display of force that cements her position as the leader. Her restraining Reaver wasn't exactly the course of action that I had in mind. I would've preferred something more...badass? A situation where I can look through a post and feel satisfied knowing my Oc wasn't 'spared' or lost to something demeaning.

Well, I digress, I'll get a post up in a few.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Baiyan + Azumi vs Reaver than that completely undermines my initial goals.
Well I consider this situation more like Orochimaru and kakuzu Vs Hidan. I never expected Baiyan to win, neither Hidan. It was just a matter of time Until defeat. Azumi and Reaver both are devastating forces, and baiyan basically challenged them both. Sometimes OC’s lose, and that’s ok. Perhaps Azumi could try and save her life.

lose, that leaves me with escape or forcing a draw.
Escape would just Defeat the entire purpose of this, and she would not be accepted into the team in my books because she forfeited the challenge in one of the greatest acts of cowardice. Plus forcing a draw is all but impossible at this point

Well I consider this situation more like Orochimaru and kakuzu Vs Hidan. I never expected Baiyan to win, neither Hidan. It was just a matter of time Until defeat. Azumi and Reaver both are devastating forces, and baiyan basically challenged them both. Sometimes OC’s lose, and that’s ok. Perhaps Azumi could try and save her life.

Escape would just Defeat the entire purpose of this, and she would not be accepted into the team in my books because she forfeited the challenge in one of the greatest acts of cowardice. Plus forcing a draw is all but impossible at this point
Right, except she doesn't need her life to be 'saved'.

A draw depends more on Azumi's actions that Reavers, I'm just as confident as you are in my ability to slay your Ocs in battle.

Build suspense. Let the battle rage on and use that jutsu as a satisfying climactic ending.

Fair enough, fair enough. I will have Azumi observe a bit. I can remove my edit for the shadow coming for Reaver and let her rage build till you both are ready.

Oh sorry about that. All your characters except Kenji and takato are women, so it sometimes escapes me XD

You never know...

Nah, I just like using female characters for whatever reason.