• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Azumi's conversation with the caravan leader went well, he seemed a man of his word as he did rely some key information. Namely, the noble in the Land of Fire that had acted as a "backer" for their services for him.

Haruto Kurosawa. Head of one of the more elite noble clans in the Land of Fire.

When asked about the details, Okabe had to admit that most were left out for confidential reasons. Keep his personal bio out of the conversation, but there were two pieces of information that could prove to be critical.

First, there was some documents he had on hand of exchanged letters which may have had something to work with. One of Azumi's water clones moved to get and confiscate them. Just as another had rounded up and kept an eye over the remaining caravan members though oddly Chiziwa and Kuroda & Watari had yet to be discovered as they clung to her out of fear and she stroked their heads with the most gentle of whispers. Repeating over and over one simple message to them.

"It will be okay, it will be okay..."

The other bit of important information, was that Haruto had certain plans coming up. One with a few other nobles in the Land of Fire for some sort of gathering. The details and date were yet to be confirmed, but the idea was there and as such an idea of Azumi's own in kind.

"Find a path out of here, and stand guard outside. I will seal up evidence and join you momentarily." Azumi said to Baiyan and Reaver, knowing they needed a reliable method to escape given Baiyan's dramatic entrance had sealed up the main entrance.

-----------
"Oh come now Mr. Iwao, I think you are being a bit rash." Tomiko said, as the description from the items as a sly grin grew on her face while all eyes of her crew turned to her and instantly Ren felt a sweat drop as he knew that look all too well.

Oh great, this isn't good...

"Not sure what you have in mind with those items Mori, but maybe get a few extras. Cause if you do have a move that can involve blowing up your opponent I want you to use it. When I spar I prefer it to not be some half assed academy thing. I want something that really pushes us, so by all means don't feel the need to hold back on my account~" Tomiko said with an eager grin as a mixture of nerves and excitement filled the air depending on which of the members of the group heard it.

"Oh well it is nothing that remarkable." Kuro admitted with a sheepish grin. Though since they had been curious Atsuko decided to help paint the picture.

"Well, as you can guess, jobs to make an income down here are hard to get. I was never one fit for the ninja life, so in order to make up for it before the bakery came I worked at the local wash." Atsuko explained.

"As for myself, I worked a couple of odd jobs but struggled to find work. I went for a visit by the wash in need of fresh clothes and Atsuko happened to be cleaning my station. We had a conversation, and realized there was something we shared as a passion. Bakery." Kuro added on.

"And well, we saved up the money we had from our odd jobs and managed to form this place. It's been bumpy but I am confident we are on stable ground...as stable as it can be, Tomiko's donations from her jobs help though we insist she doesn't need to go so far." Atsuko finished off giving the summary of their story together.

----------
Kenji or rather his clone listened to Taji as she pored her heart out to him as she seemed to question whether her act of running away as he let out a sigh really unsure what to say. Or even what he could say in such a situation that might help.

Eventually, he just decided to go for broke.

"That is...impossible to say, in the heart of the moment in this path you could second guess any decision you make. Though dwelling on the what ifs will only eat away at you and make it worse. Best thing you can do is, now that you did make this decision is to figure our what the next step is to take and how to go forward." Kenji's clone said using the best knowledge it'd have at the moment to try and help.

Meanwhile, the real Kenji glanced at the silent and seemingly somber Rika who had not yet spoken or so much as glanced his direction. This was curious as Rika was usually more of the boring but well tempered member so seeing her with so little spirit was strange as he was unsure what was bugging her or what to say.

But something had been bugging her, and he needed to say something. So with a sigh he decided to do just that.

"Rika, I know I am not a model teammate by any measure but there is one thing I've always been with you

-----------
"Will be noted Lord Kazekage." Pakura said as well, as she resisted the urge to have a quip at Kin's outbursts as she responded to Rasa's comments which concerned the cell as she too followed suit in not giving acknowledgement to Kin's words.

Madoka herself sighed. Tomiko makes this look far easier than it is...

"I know this deal isn't very captivating, but it has the chance to get to get better if you show them a reason to trust you. Though if you want to stick to your guns and die well I don't think they are gonna care. Either you show yourself an asset that can earn some more ground to come which is better than the alternative. Sometimes the most bitter pill is the one one has to take." Madoka replied with a soft but clear tone to Kin. Really beyond this she wouldn't given any more advice, she came here to see what drove this girl and that had become clear as day. Now it was just a matter of whether her last pitch would sway the girl or not either way whether she ended up getting axed today or lives to see another remained on her shoulders.

----------
"Easier? Maybe. But it is important how to eat such ways, helps to expand and learn new skills. Sometimes things that are not easy become all the more rewarding when you get to accomplishing them." Sakura advised, as while this was nothing more than just a way to eat lunch the lesson she figured was one Kou should take in stride as it had been her motivation to improve as a ninja day by day.

"And besides, it avoids contamination risk. And really who wants that?" Sakura said with a scrunched nose.

----------
Without missing a beat, Orochimaru merely had a sly smirk on his face as he was questioned by Zaku about how they ended up back here was quick to answer.

"That old village I once foolishly called my own...I know more than anyone the secrets to get in and out without notice, especially given the recent weakness our village displayed before them...." Orochimaru said, with that sly coy and confidence that was a trademark as one of the Oto-prisioners seemed to try and take a swing at Zaku.

----------
By now Tayuya was growing ever and ever more annoyed. Not as far as what happened inside the gas, as that seemed to be working like a charm all things considered. Within it the Doki appeared to continue its attack as it swung the air and slammed into the ground with seemingly greater violence as it advanced as more smoke would appear to drift into the mouth and nostrils of the Hyuga and her clone trying to choke them.

But, that didn't stop the song. Oh no Sagiso took it further and began to mimic her own voice and mix it with hers to add "variety" to her lyrics. She had a good rhythm even in spite of the apparent choking, but the instrumentalist was not in the mood for complimenting as Sagiso still seemed dead set to drive her point to her as Tayuya's eyebrows frowned.

This girl....she thinks she knows the first thing about me! I'd sooner shove those lyrics up her ass!

While Tayuya mentally dismissed the lyrics as just condescending lectures, she could not ignore them even as she continued her melody. Part of it had gotten her thinking even if she tried to forget about it, which was all that was needed to subtly slide that seed Sagiso aimed to get. Either way she played her tune all the while she made a motion to her back pocket...

Within the smoke, the Doki seemed to mindlessly swing more and more as gas was kicked up and towards them to their nose and mouth. However, it would suddenly stop and let out what appeared to be an ear splitting roar as it began to glow. Within a moment it glew bright and before long.

Boom!

It would explode out as it seemed to self destruct and tried to blast Sagiso and her clone to oblivion with it which would also in theory try to blast the smoke awake.

Last edited:
"You might think it is harsh Tomiko, but do you really think that Mori would let me do that to him? There's a bigger chance of him digging away than him getting buried by me, something you should be all too familiar with if you spent more than five minutes with him." Iwao quipped as he turned to his son. "Well Mori? You heard the girl, so let's honor her request when we get home. After all, sparring without preparing is a dumb move."

Mori felt attacked at the implication that he would do something that academy students could do. "Excuse me? Do you think I would do something like that? Have you seen the show I put up in the Land of Water? I am more than capable of putting up a good fight, and I will prove it to you!" The invigorated genin turned to his father. "Dad, I need your help the moment we get home. And no ditching me, I want to win this fight."

Iwao nodded, a smug grin plastered on his face. "If you win, I'll let the accusation that I'd leave you slide. So you better win."

Ignorant of the banter between her boys, Kasumi paid attention to the two adults. The story she heard was interesting, and it reminded her a bit of a book she read a while ago. "Well, that is quite the heart-warming story if I say so myself. You two found each other on accident and raised a bakery out of the ground. You're lucky to have such a kind daughter too, if I didn't know better I'd say I was reading a book." She smiled as she spoke, and if she was anything less than the battle-hardened veteran that she was, she would probably be holding back some tears.
----------

Taji lifted her head as Kenji spoke, soaking up every single syllable and emphasis that came out of his mouth. "What should I do Kenji? If I return home, I will get scolded and probably get locked up in my room. I have nowhere else to go, and I don't want to put you or Aisha in danger by staying at your places." Tears streamed down her face as she thought over her options. She couldn't stay with her teammates nor could she go home. If only she was an adult, then her parents could do nothing to her.

Taji's silent crying stopped and her voice hardened, blocking out any previous emotion. "Kenji, do you know at what age you can live alone in Kumo?"

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist

“...whatever...”

Kin growled like a dog ready to attack. That seemed to be as close as to an acceptance as they were going to get. This whole thing had been less than ideal, then again, what else was to be expected of being a prisoner? Her eyes went from fierce to a animalistic curiosity, he head tilting at Madoka, sizing up her prey.

“Ngh...I can get why the kage’d be here, and melty chick, but you? What’s your deal? Just what makes you so special huh? A teacher’s pet or somethin’?”

Kou looked to the chipsticks with discontent, like a child not wanting to try a new food. He didn’t want to seem rude by just taking their free food and denying what they asked him to do. He let out sigh.

“Well...I guess...”

He then went on to follow Sakura’s instructions as told, shakily taking a ball of rice into his mouth successfully after a dozen failed tries. His eyes widened, and a laugh escaped his lips.

“Hey...did you see that?? I did it that time!”

Zaku felt the rush of wind coming toward him, his incredibly attuned ears sensing the approach. He brought a hand to block the attack of the ninja, grabbing the foot mid kick. That’s when his implants began to rev up.

“Nice try pal, A for effort.”

*BLAM!*

The ninja was blown sky high, blown through the halls further than Zaku could see. Zaku grinned.

“Heh...looks like that’s the traitor of the month eh?” Zaku joked.

That’s when something clicked into his head. He had arrived at the sound supposedly safe and sound. But...where was Kou? He looked around, to his left then his right. Nothing to be seen.

“Lord Orochimaru? Did Kou come back with us?”

Shu lead Raiku through the grounds of the Hyuga compound as he made his way towards where Hinagiku and by proxy Kiro were. The area was still bustling with staff busily moving around to make the final preparations for tomorrow's festival. "Sorry if things looks pretty hectic right now, we got most of the work done for tomorrow but there is still a lot more to do. This will be the biggest festival the clan will throw in a long time so you see why its busy around here." Shu rambled on, not minding whether Raiku was listening or not. While passing by, Shu made sure to quickly scan the surrounding to make sure everything is going smoothly. "Good, everything is going well. Nothing to worry about." He thought. "Oh, and we'll be reaching them soon." He added towards Raiku.

After a bit more running, Shu and Raiku made it to the area Hinagiku and Kiro were. "Alright caught up with them." He mumbled to Raiku, but mostly to himself. "Good day lady Hinagiku." The Hyuga waved with a carefree smile. "I brought a visitor, he's looking for that prisoner there, Kiro."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rasa stepped up beside Madoka after Kin's provocative comment. "I'll have you know she isn't here for a worthless reason, gaining this kind of experience will be beneficial in the long run of a shinobi's life. Something I fear you lack."

Subtly matching the constant tempo of her own footsteps was a silvery tone which held an answer. Hinagiku seemed to be keeping some cards close to her chest with the simplistic validation. Clearly, the Hyūga Head had no intention revealing more than she needed to. There really wasn’t much of anything for him to reply with as she had all but confirmed his suspicions and ended that topic in one fell swoop. She just continued to stroll ahead, leaving Kiro no choice but to move along with her.

Subconsciously, as Kiro watched from behind with the sharingan, the tune of his dissonant steps slowly began to harmonize with hers. However, the melody of her steps were soon ungraciously smothered by the rushed pace of a certain maladroit duet. An inexpressive face displayed his first impression of the Hyūga who had referred to him as a prisoner at first. That just served to remind Kiro of his place. A prisoner. After all, why else would that Uchiha come to see him?

“What’s up Raiku? You guys seem to be in a rush. Here to check on me?”

Deactivating his sharingan before he made eye contact, Kiro casually greeted the Uchiha. He figured they were in a hurry considering they literally ran to their position. Unless Raiku had come to give him an early present, it wasn’t too hard to figure out why he was here.

Furījia

She bolted through the streets. Never stopping. Never looking back.

The path ahead was blurred by teary mist. She couldn’t see, and yet, she ran with reckless abandon. Anyone else would’ve been stopped for such a careless charge through the Hyūga Halls, but her status paved the way.

Human obstructions removed themselves without question, only pausing to appease the scratch of their curiosity. A lancing glance, an expression of perplexion, then, they got back to work.

確乎不抜 ; Steadfast and Unswerving.

Bound by Disciple & Duty; this was the ethos of the Hyūga Clan. These were the principles relentlessly beat into every single member from childhood. These were the principles that had been beat into Furījia from childhood.

They were meant to work in harmony, one reinforcing the other. Disciple honed by a sense of Duty. A sense of Duty adhered to by strict Discipline. It worked for the maids. It worked for Sagisō. It worked for her Mother...and yet it wouldn’t work for her.

Her sense of duty crushed her disciple underfoot, its weight seemingly unbearable.

She shuffled through the streets. She didn’t stop. She didn’t look back.

She blinked away her tears, which trickled down her cheeks. She could see, and yet, the path was empty. Anyone else would’ve stopped such a careless charge through halls unknown, but her status spurred her forward.

Her shoes were filmed with dust. At a glance, she appeared a weary traveling. In truth, her feet dragged, kicking up the dust which then settled on her shoes. She looked down at them, despondent.

Her feet ambled along slowly, heavily, sloppily. Droplets of water darkened the dusty coating, and her vision blurred with tears...

==================
“Head up! Face forward! Watch me closely...”

“Ah...yes! I will!”

Furījia scrambled to her feet, her body glistening in a sheen whole-hearted admiration and dedication. Although she was covered in dust, and her clothing matted with sweat —the result of a long day’s training— her demeanor reflected anything but her grimy appearance. Her eyes were bright, glowing with a single-minded focus on the figure in front of her. F urījia watched closely, mentally narrating the steps as her mother performed them.

‘Feet steadied.’ The sound of gravel crackled underfoot.

‘Breathe explosively.’ Her heart fluttered to the sharp intake of breath.

Lever at the knees.’ Clothing hung tight to Hinagiku’s skin, her widened posture pulling at the fabric. An excitement built in Furījia’s chest...this was the best part! ‘Project your intentions clearly!’

Whoooooosh!

A single strike. Aggression manifested. Even from where she stood, she could feel the force of the blow and then she could hear it. A thunderous splintering; a freshly imprinted palm on the bark of a nearby tree.

Her eyes flickered between her Mother and the tree. The distance between them...about five meters she reckoned. Furījia settled her gaze onto her Mother as she wound down from her strike. The overbearing aggression in her stance mellowed out, sinking into an aura of pleasantry.

“Remember, your form is a manifestation of your intentions. If your will is hesitant, then so too will your strikes be. These are the basics of Xing Yi Quan, the Form-Intention Fist. At the very beginning, you should practice Ming Jin; Clear-to-see.”

Her Mother expounded, slipping into a wisely, mentoring voice which, in Furījia’s opinion, really didn’t fit her age. In fact, the girl found it funny, giggles soon replacing her rapt attention. Her giggles were, however, short-lived, morphing into muffled pleas for mercy.

“Uwawaawaa.”

Sharp fingers pinched at her cheeks.

“A bold filly, aren't you? Laughing at your own Mother!”

Scornfully, Hinagiku teased, but the playful mood was cut short by an edge of seriousness.

“Listen Furījia, it isn’t enough to hone your body, we aren’t like those muscle-headed idiots of the Ferocious Fist. Internal Martial arts is about control, the only way an internal martial artist can match one from the external arts is to perfectly control their body. Only by honing your mind and body as one, can you master the gentle fist and only a firm heart and mind can bear the weight of authority. When you’ve learned to project Ming Jin then...”

Hinagiku looked down, her expression faltering as she was met with a stare of blank confusion.

“Err...well, I guess you aren’t quite ready for this lesson. How about...we head down to Amaguriama~? I hear they have a fresh new batch of Kirin Nectar.”

The mere mention of the Leaf’s most prestigious candy shop seemed to light a fire under Furījia’s feet, and she was out the door in a flash.

“Ohh! I want to have a Sand Dango!”

“Not looking like that you won’t! C’mon, let's go get you cleaned up.”

“Awww...okaaayy~”

=================
The sudden memory left Furījia rooted on the spot. She felt like she was on the verge of grasping something, but it had just eluded her. She could hear Taiyo’s steps behind her; a faint comfort.

“Hey...”

She posed uncertainly.

“...what do you think my intentions are?”

Last edited by a moderator:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Once Taiyo had caught up to Furijia, his desperate run became a slow walk as to allow himself to catch his own breath. Silence had befell the two as they became closer to Hinagiku. This silence was broken by one of the Hyūga heiress's many questions.

This time, she wanted to know if her intentions were apparent to Taiyo. Before he answered, the genin raised his eyebrow due to the confusing nature of the inquiry.

"Your intentions..? If I am to be honest, I can't gove you an exact answer because I dont think that you know what your intentions are," Taiyo paused, trying to think of how he could add some encouragement to the statement, "But if it makes you feel any better, I believe you'll find your way, you just gotta think about what you believe in,"
Tsuki
There seemed to be many things going on in the Mist at this time, possibly things that would lead to major changes in the life at Kirigakure. But Tsuki wasn't concerned with that, her concerns were based in what gift would be most suitable for Hama. Unfourtunately, our little snowflake didn't know her sensei that well, which brings us here: Hama Yuki's room in the Yuki manor.

I...shouldn't. I shouldn't break in. Even if its to find out what she likes, it still feels wrong...

Thankfully, the older Yuki's door was locked, preventing Tsuki from having to further face this moral dilemma.

"Well I can't get Hama-sensei a gift...might as well try to get one for Kai..." She psused sfter her last statement before letting put s chuckle or two, "I feel like I know Kai even less than I do Hama-sensei..." Regardless, her direction didn't change.

Time to change that~

Tomiko could only grin at this seeing Mori get himself hyped up as he and his father made plans to prepare him for the spar to come tomorrow. That was going to be a bout to remember, Tomiko could tell that much and it only made her more excited and all the more eager to prove herself and give it all she could.

"Is...is that really the same Mori from the Academy? The guy you said tried to ditch day one?" Jirou asked, as she was frankly shocked from her growing experience around Mori as he seemed to be the opposite of the old Mori. Tomiko had a growing grin as she glanced the younger girl's way.

"People can change with time, and I can vouch and say he is far from the guy with the quitter mentality I met. He is a fine shinobi and one I can say I am glad to call a friend." Tomiko said with a whisper and a smirk as she was indeed proud of the man Mori had become.

"Well, friends for now anyway...." Naomi thought to herself, hiding a sly grin behind Mr. Snugglebottom as she glanced between Tomiko and Mori.

"W-well if life were a romantic novel it would turn out our bakery impressed like a feudal lord and provided a miracle income for the local community here." Atsuko said with a sheepish smile.

"But we appreciate the kind words. I am sure your story of how you found love is special in its own right." Kuro said with a smile.

----------
Kenji's clone had an eyebrow raised as Taji asked her question, and thought over the shared knowledge it had with the host before it came up with the answer.

"As far as I am aware, once you graduate the academy and become an official ninja I believe you have the legal right to rent your own place." Kenji said as he gave what the clone felt was the correct answer to his friend.

And speaking of friends, Rika had remained oddly silent. Even as Kenji tried to urge words from her, she simply seemed in that same odd melancholy state before a sigh escaped her lips.

"Kenji I...I am a bit tired, can we talk tomorrow?"

----------
Madoka had been about to give an answer when her Lord Kazekage of all people spoke up on her behalf and even placed a hand on her shoulder. On the surface Madoka's expression remained cool & unchanged. But on the inside...

L-lord Kazekage spoke up in my name? L-lord Kazekage is on my shoulder, s-should I say something? Do something I-I am not sure how this is meant to work...

----------
"Yeah, you are getting it! I know you can do it Kou." Sakura said with a smile, in truth she had began to see the charm in this kid even if she still had no respect for the one he admired most. Something shown with her respect to him for finally getting the hang of it.

"Good to see you stick with it, the persistence is admirable." Teuichi said with a smile himself always one to enjoy some good company which helped make it a warm atmosphere.

----------
As if on cue...

"D-does Zaku have to fight? Can't we do this uh some other way?" Kou said, away from Orochimaru and being watched over by Kabuto who seemed to remain silent.

Two other Oto "test subjects" charged as Orochimaru unleased that trademark smirk of his.

"Good, very good. But I desire to see more. Show me the power I blessed you with, the power you make your own~" Orochimaru said with a slight encouraging tone that only he could make as the two tried to attack Zaku from both flanks.

"Watch out!" Kou cried in concern.

"Mori, if you want clay then you should go see Mr. Hiyo. He sells great clay, potters all around the world praise it. When it hardens, it is pretty tough and turns beautifully white. For gunpowder, you might want to check the mines. Surely there are some unguarded explosives you could empty." Iwao flashed a grin at the mention of stealing. "Don't worry. You're a ninja, stealing will happen a lot in your life. See it as stealth training. Not sure where to bake the clay though, maybe if you look at Tomiko with puppy dog eyes you could use the oven here."

Mori contemplated the information for a moment, puppy eyes weren't his forte but he could try. He turned to his friend with the biggest puppy dog eyes he could muster. "Pretty please?" He hoped that Tomiko would either cave or laugh so much she would give permission, it didn't matter what happened as long as it happened fast. His father looked too happy for his liking.

Iwao could not stop snickering, his son really went that far. "The physical appearance of the please makes no difference, but good job I guess. Oh man, I can't take this. Tomiko, do you want him instead? I can no longer take him seriously." The man burst out in laughter as his son threw an angry glare at him.

"Who knows? Jonin tend to have a decent amount of missions under their belt and thus have a rather well-fed piggy bank." Kasumi said with a grin. "Now, I am far from nobility but that doesn't mean I am powerless. Maybe I can cook up something, no promises though. My love story is not really a romantic novel, it is more akin to a thriller. Especially with my line of work. There certainly was some romance, but it took more of a backseat in our lives."

"I assume that you are aware of the Third Great Ninja War, right? Iwao fought in it, and he came back a broken man. He jumped at the sound of something burning and could not handle bright red colors. He tried his best, but it all was too much for him to deal with alone. His friends eventually got him to go to a mental health check to attempt and help him deal with his trauma. He turned out to have PTSD and had to go through therapy. Eventually he got through it, but the therapist still wants him to go at times to make sure he's okay. Once he got back to doing missions. On one of the A-rank missions he got assigned to me as partner, as he wasn't allowed to take such a high ranking mission alone due to his mental health. We got along...decently I suppose? We didn't try to fight each other, but we also didn't try to get to know each other until later. I knew about his history and kept an eye on him, talking to him when he seemed tense and later on when he was relaxed."

"We kept accidentally bumping into each other, though I now know that more than half of them weren't as accidental as they appeared to be." Kasumi allowed herself to smile as memories flooded back. "Of course, we were colleagues. Nothing more and nothing less. We knew that, and we tried to find peace in that. But all it took to break us was a month long mission in the Land of Fire, near a field full of flowers. Surprisingly enough, Iwao talked about them first. He said that he saw flowers grow on battlefields after they were left alone long enough. It made him think of his fallen comrades and he asked me if I could remind him to buy flowers for their graves . We started talking about them and I asked him if he didn't feel lonely without his comrades. He said 'I do, but I know that they're smiling upon me. Right now they must be having a good time and talking about me finding someone to confide in.' I grew curious and asked him who he was referring to. As you can probably guess, he was talking to me. The thing is, I was incredibly in denial of my feelings and decided to take it as a joke."

Kasumi looked at Iwao, who was in stitches from laughter as Mori held on to whatever dignity he still had and maintained eye contact with Tomiko. "He proposed to me by singing a song with chakra-laced vocal chords, the whole hospital heard it and the doctors reprimanded him for making such excessive noise. I've never seen a war veteran so ashamed of his action as that day." She added with a chuckle.
----------
Taji's mind sparked an idea, and the info that Kenji provided only fueled that idea. "I've got it, I found a way to solve my problem!" She threw the door open and pulled the clone into a hug, though she quickly let go. "Uh, sorry for that. I'll go back to the table now." With those words she left the clone, slightly embarrassed. Taji Kuramoto didn't just hug someone, did she?

Sagisō

A scene of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Mentally, Sagisō scoffed. Physically, she continued to act the part of a fly trapped in a web; a sticky web of genjutsu.

At first, she’d only been suspicious, but by this point, she was all but certain Tayuya had subtly cast a genjutsu on her. Although she could see the Doki as it senselessly rampaged, she couldn’t feel the effects of its rampage. The vibrations that should’ve traveled from the ground, through the steel wires, and into her fingers were suspiciously absent.

Inwardly, Sagisō was shocked by how seamlessly she’d been a caught.

‘How did she lose to Kai?’

The question would have to go unanswered as Sagisō went to work using the genjutsu against Tayuya. As long as she played along to its imageries, she could deceive her opponent into thinking she was unaware of the foolery.

She was confident in her ‘sensory’ method could detect any ground-based assaults appropriately. Tayuya hadn’t shown a strong favor for projectile weapons.

So the sudden appearance of one caught the Nadeshiko off-guard. She was mostly unprepared as the Doki erupted into a brilliant flash of light. The shockwaves of the explosion rumbled through the wires and into the Nadeshiko kunoichi’s fingers in fractions of a second. Her pupils constricted as, in an instant, she realized her folly, and then...the explosion sent her flying.

When Sagisō’s body exited the smoke, she was already prepped for a recovery; she tucked in, rolling across the ground before springing to her feet. The abrasive contact with the ground had left lacerations on her skin, but the explosive attack had knocked some sense into her.

While she had little intention of harming Tayuya, the sound kunoichi had no such reservations...

Sagisō dabbed her lip with her tongue, swabbing up sweet droplets of blood. Although the explosion had, as Tayuya intended, forced a halt to her song, she picked up where she left off.

"I've decided, ready to make a pact."

"You, spilling blood, it was our contract."

"Just erase."

"Come and clean."

"We'll destroy, all the living once more."

Pathetic!”

Scrappa walked into the hallway where okabe and Azumi stood whilst reaver was trying to limp out of the back with Baiyan. He wore a long scowl, directed toward Okabe. His staff cranked against the floor along with the sound of metal under his cloak, probably boots. He approached Okabe, getting a few feet from him.

“You couldn’t dispatch three adolescent ninja!? Not only that, but you give up before you even had the chance to call in for reinforcements. I knew I should have replaced your backbone with metal long ago!”

He growled, stomping the cane onto the floor. He cleared his throat, taking a far more sophisticated and calm demeanor toward Azumi.

“Excuse me my dear, but I’m afraid negotiations are going to be far more difficult for you than you previously anticipated.”

Kin hissed at rasa’s comment, her canines showing as her hairs stood on end. She licker her lips with the acidic Saliva, sizing them up. A wicked grin grew across her face.

“You know as well as I that a Shinobi’s life is only borrowed time old man!”

“Huh?”

Kou looked back and forth from Sakura and the Ramen Guy, their positivity pouring from them. His lip quivered before he beamed. He didn’t get such positivity at home. He chuckled, the positivity giving him all the encouragement he needed to eat another bite the chopsticks way, then another, and another. Soon enough he was devouring the whole bowl with chopsticks, practically becoming a pro.

Little squeaking noises were heard from Kou’s pocket, as his rat brother stuck it’s head out to grab some falling pieces of rice and stash it away.

Zaku was relieved to see ‘Kou’ safe and sound, now everything could go back to normal. Well, as normal as the sound village allows anyway. As two of the oto test subjects ran toward him, he just chuckled.

“Hahahahaha...no.”

He then flapped his hands open and easily dispatched of them, strong air blasts thrust toward them at shocking force and speeds.

Furījia

“Oh.”

Taiyo having spoken his mind, giving sentiments that grated at her nerves, Furijia thought she’d heard enough. Picking up where she left off, she continued en route to meet her mother. The Byakugan quickly revealed her destination, just a few streets over. It was a short walk until she sighted her Mother, Shu, and two Uchiha.

Hinagiku

“Good day, Shu.”

Besides returning the greeting, Hinagiku didn’t otherwise respond. She had little need to. She continued to walk towards the location of Sagiso and Tayuya’s mock battle. She'd barely walked a few tens of meters when Furījia approached, an uncharacteristically solemn expression on her face. This alarmed the Hyūga Head, but she said nothing. She merely becoming to the girl, who took up position at her side.

"Well, I can at least credit you with the courage to face us directly." Azumi said unphased by the new arrival as she merely turned and had her hand on the hilt of her umbrella as she brought it out to slam to the floor; the section cracked a bit from the weight as she stared down the staffed ninja.

"You speak of backbone but only show up after the attack had finished." Okabe spat back, as he frankly had little energy to deal with Scappa's tongue. And much as he hated to admit, but given the state of things he was the last hope they had left. Azumi would first need to buy Reaver/Baiyan time to escape so she moved herself to keep Scappa in front of her and her body between him and her allies.

"I do hope your ability compliments the strength of your tongue." Azumi said simply raising her umbrella and ready to finish this caravan here and now.

----------
Tomiko blinked a bit as suddenly a new offer had been made before her. Seemed Mori and his father had big ambitions now and desired to use her family's oven. The banter had been enough to make her chuckle and as Mori stared with those puppy dog eyes she was amazed at how effective it was even if she tried to not show it. None the less when it came to the oven she turned to her parents as Kuro had been listening to both conversations and turned to Mori and his father.

"Well, will this project of yours leave us with a working oven?" Kuro asked, as even if it seemed to just be cooking clay it seemed they had more...creative means in mind and the topic of explosions was one to rise nerves. They did have only a few ovens to work with.

"Oh no we could never accept that. Generous as it is, we don't want to come off as moochers and take on a loan we would not have a capacity to pay back." Atsuko insisted, she was grateful of the option being a possibility but she worried over the idea of taking unearned money that would possibly burden them for free.

Then Atsuko listened for how Iwao and Kasumi met. And it was heavier than expected, even with the warning in advance as Iwao seemed to have suffered from PTSD in the past and not something Atsuko had been unfamiliar While neither she nor her husband participated in the war, they had seen those return from service and far too many than acceptable came back broken individuals whose horrors of what they saw or did never left them. Funny enough Tomiko herself had a similar experience when she was "broken" by Kiro though clearly her experience paled in comparison to that of Iwao's nor could she comment given she was busy with the antics of Iwao and Mori.

Thankfully, the story took a turn for the better. And the mention of Iwao singing to Kasumi for the later proposal made Atsuko's heart sore as she smiled once Kasumi finished her tale.

"That was...wonderful. Life isn't easy and I only pray the best for you and especially Iwao going forward, but to overcome such troubles and reach such a breathtaking moment makes it even more special." Atsuko said with praise as she was touched by the story.

----------
Kenji's clone gave a nod, as it was unsure exactly what Taji's specific plan had been but given her question combined with newfound spark she had he could take a guess it had something to do with getting its own place. Then the clone suddenly felt the arms of Taji as she gave him a big hug; it lasted but a moment though a slight blush appeared all the same as it was unsure how to respond to it.

So as Taji moved back to the table and Aisha, it did what was natural. It caused itself to vanish.

"Feeling better?" Aisha asked as she had overheard the convo thanks to her hightened hearing but made no appearance she was any of the wiser.

---------
Tayuya had hoped, if nothing else, that the explosion hidden in the Genjutsu would interrupt that obnoxious song that dug into her mind even with her most adamant denials. And at first it worked. As the smoke was blown away Sagiso had been knocked back as the real clubbed Doki was revealed to be by her side with the clawed & armless Doki as they stared down Sagiso who worked her way back to her feet; blood dripped as she wiped it off her lip.

And continued her verse. Which only made Tayuya scowl.

"You won't stop till you finish that song, will you?" Tayuya said with a seemingly annoyed tone, though had yet to strike even with Sagiso so vulnerable; almost as if she was fishing why Sagiso was determined to sing this song to the end even with her own blows she had now endured.

----------
"Man, kid is a big eater." Ayame said stunned, Kou not only picked up chopsticks after a period of trial and error but he was practically scoping it up as if he used them all his life as he devoured his bowl which was enough for a light but somehow hefty chuckle to escape Teuichi's lips.

"Hey, the kid is hungry. I say it's a good thing he's not afraid to wolf it down." He said with that warm smile of his as Sakura herself enjoyed her bowl at a more modest pace.

----------
Predictably, the two ninja were blown away by the airwaves as Orochimaru's grin seemed to never fade while Kou appeared to look on nervously but seemed hopeful they had reached an end.

"Excellent, but I desire even more. Show me~"

However, that comment caused that hope from Kou to drop, as another of Orochimaru's experiments appeared. This one seemed pale with scars all over the body displayed with his topless, muscular frame. A subject that charged ahead to Zaku much like the others.

"If the oven breaks down, I'll take full responsibility and replace it. I can probably create an oven without spending money, and if I can't, feel free to start a lawsuit. After all, my son did make gathering income for you a lot harder by following my instructions." Iwao informed Kuro, finding his fears to be reasonable. Explosions would scare most civilians, and some ninja as well. Thankfully, his son helped him sway Kuro.

"Don't worry, Mr. Usagi. I just need to heat the clay to create the shell, I won't make it able to explode whilst near open fire or a house. The gunpowder won't be added until I am sure that no buildings or humans will be harmed when testing." Mori vowed to the worried baker before turning back to Tomiko with puppy dog eyes. He had no idea if it worked, but he decided to not take any risks. Besides, he could use it as a way to keep staring at Tomiko's eyes. Something about them just kept drawing him in.

"I was lucky to meet him, it would've been a shame to see a man so full of energy withdraw into his home and never try to get help. I've been trying to make mental health a topic that more people can talk about in my line of work, and although it's been rough so far, there have been people who really benefitted from therapy." Kasumi chuckled softly. "It's kind of a side project of mine, maybe it can be a fulltime job when I am too old to continue being a ninja." She appreciated the kind words of Atsuko, and if Iwao's subtle smile meant anything, he did too.

-----------

"Yup, or atleast as good as I can be." Taji sat back down and waved a waiter to the table. "Excuse me, I'd like to order a bowl of Tragopan Blood Stew please." The waiter nodded and left to tell the chefs the new order. Tragopan Blood Stew was one of the milder dishes in the Kumo kitchen, yet it would still deter many outsiders with its spiciness and the congelated cubes in it that give the stew its distinct taste that lingered long after the dish was consumed. "Apologies for my sudden departure, did I miss anything?"

“Yeah I figured.” Kiro replied as he walked over to the Uchiha. He hadn’t been expecting Raiku to show up but it was actually a welcome surprise. However, Kiro still had some stuff he needed to get done. First, getting his reward from the Hyūga Head and next, catching up with Shiho to get his clothes ready for tomorrow.

“Well, I was just heading back out with Lady Hinagiku for something. Want to come with? We can discuss on the way.” He casually offered Raiku, with a gesture in the direction of Hinagiku.

Sagisō

"Oh don't worry love, the song's all done. All that's left is for us to kiss and make up~"

Laughing, Sagiso responded as such, her voice filled with mirth. Then her voice turned more serious, and she spoke in a low hum that only Tayuya could hear;

"You're loyal, I'll give you that, but your loyalty is misplaced in someone who'd so easily abandon you for a sharingan. Nadeshiko welcome's any kunoichi with loyalty as strong as yours if you're ever interested...well, I'll give you some time to mull it over."

Hyōryugetsu

The city’s plumbing system was a highway of interconnection for the Hōzuki. She could slip in and out of homes with nary a trace. It was her chosen path of infiltration for the assassinations she intended to carry out.

She allowed traces of Saigenzai to flow from her body, casting a genjutsu upon a number of people, who all seemed to suddenly think that a sudden fishing trip was a stellar idea. They coordinated quickly, spreading the word among themselves and turning the recreational outing into something larger.

It was the nature of humans to seek out social interaction, and a few such humans, despite no influence from the genjutsu, hopped on the bandwagon and went fishing. The abrupt nature of the trip meant that not too many people would be prepared enough, but it would do for Hyō’s intents.

Hinagiku

The fluctuations of chakra in the distance were dying down. It appeared the fight was coming to an end. She'd thought about checking on it with her byakugan, but she was more preoccupied with the state her daughter was in.

Reaching out, she linked arms with Furījia, the gesture as comforting as it was inquiring. She could feel the flow and ebb of her daughter's chakra, its movement and intensity betraying her mood. She gave Furījia's hand a tight squeeze as if to ask, 'what's wrong?' But the chakra fluctuations that came back were unsteady.

Whatever it was, it appeared she didn't yet wish to talk about it.

Last edited:
Sagiso was persistent, Shura will admit that much.

The Hyuga had been sitting in the room adjacent to the training grounds observing the fight come to a close. It was certainly eventful with Tayuya’s control over her Dokis and how Sagiso skillfully maneuvered around the to how she seemingly fell into a genjutsu then getting hit by a paper bomb. “Despite all that, she never stopped her song. This fight was clearly going in her favour.” Shura commented, even when Tayuya seemed like she had the upper hand, Sagiso took it back almost right away.

Jumping off his perch, Shura leaned back against a pillar. The situation looked to have been mostly resolved and he had other matters to attend to but there’s no telling what could happen when its those two kunoichi involved so he opted to observe a bit longer.

Yasu

*Huff huff*

The wooden posts of the training grounds were marred by fine gouges. The fields of the training ground with messed by scattered feathers and clumps of earth, where sweat had caused the dirt to clot together.

He noted the impressively large teams that other nations had fielded, Konoha alone had fielded two different teams and yet, Suna could barely afford to deploy 5 shinobi. This was...mildly concerning.

Though, even more than that, he’d seen teams from every nation except Iwagakure. They said no news was good news, but...he could only hope that held true in Tomiko’s case...

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Fourtunately for Taiyo, his wait had finally came to an end: Furījia and her mom were finally reunited. He witnessed the mothwr and daughter hold hands, which inspired a small grin from the FBS master. While the two Hyuga were having their brief moment, Taiyo went over to reconnect with a friend.

"Hey Raiku, seems like you've made a new friend," Taiyo cheerfully began while a dawning realization was coming to him, "Do you mind introducing me to this guy?"

I forgot Susei...

WHAT KIND OF BIG BROTHER AM I?
Seiun/Tsuki
After the mist guards had finished their report, Seiun felt the need to get a little uppity with them.

"So where are you drones taking me anyway?" His tone was bitter and condescending, as if the rouge nin already knew every little flaw about these guards despite them not meeting prior.

Meanwhile, Tsuki was on a mission, to find an elusive Yuki prince. She stared at the door to his room nervously. Shes never been in another person's room before since shes had no real friends in her clan to invite her over, so this was a new experience for her.

Alright...all I have to do is knock in his door...how hard can it be..?

As it turns out, it was very hard for the Winter Whip Wielder, harder than it should've been really. She slowly allowed her hand to make contact with the door before removing her quickly as if it had burned her. Stowing her fear, she made a proper, more dignified attempt at the process of lightly tapping ones door while accompanying it with a greeting.

"Hello, is anyone there?"

Last edited:

Kai couldn’t believe what he was reading. Did my father...really do this? I know he is strict and willing to make tough calls...but THIS? Pure mis blood spilled...no. No it CANT be it. There must be some other explanation! As Kai was about to flip the next suspenseful page...a knocking was heard at the door. It was more gentle, like tapping, but the hunter nin’s Focus was thrown off nevertheless.

“Hello, is anyone there?”

His brow twitched, closing his book right as he was looking for the answers he required. The timing...never mind that. A true mist ninja must know when to read and went to greet. Hmph. Unfortunate. Controlling his mist temper, he put the book in the safest possible location he knew...under his bed before he walked over to the door, opening it. His eyes set himself on the younger Yuki, Tsuki.

“Tsuki, well this is quite the suprise.” Kai marveled. “You’ve never given me a visit before, what’s the nature of it?”

“͘Perha͠ps̵ ins̀tigatin͢g͟ ͢a f͘i̡g͘ht͟ ҉w͜ith̛ yo͝ur ̀c͞ap҉t̷ưr̴ers ͝wouļdn’̴t̶ be t͠he͝ ͝w̧is̷est̀ t҉h̢i̶n͡g ͝y͘où’͡v̸e͠ come uṕ w̛i҉th.͠ Ma͝ỳbe ͢if͞ y̨o҉u allòwed̕ me̡ to ́d̨o ́t̷h͘e͏ ̕thinkiņg̕, w̶e ̢cou̷lḑ ģo͢ ̶a͠long̶ ͠w̡ít̷h ̡thi͏s͟ ̨pl҉an̸.̀ Dòn̢’t̡ worry. I k͢new͠ ̀th̷is͠ ̸wo͝ul̨d̛ ̴happe̢n.͢”́

B.O.S.E.C. Coiled around Seiun, it’s talons pressing against his shoulders and it’s face closing in on his ear. It seems that it’s predictions were on course, so it would appear.

Zaku sweated a bit, but was no less sure of himself. The muscular scarred man was no doubt stronger than his comrades, but surely wouldn’t be too much trouble.

“Decapating airwaves!”

Saying his signature justu, pumping some chakra in this time, he hurled and a powerful air blast toward the man, the kinetic force aiming to smash him into the nearby wall.

"Well, I can at least credit you with the courage to face us directly." Azumi said

“Madam, I’m not afraid of anyone under the drinking age.” Scrappa chuckled, his bolts in his gums showing. “So violent. You insist on an attack, but you didn’t even consider negotiations...”

He brushed past Okabe, holding his staff to his neck. The stern elderly man growled as he pressed it further in.

“I stayed behind to prove your incompetence. Which you have proved with flying colors. Get your wretched slime out of my sight!”

Removing the staff from his neck, he spat at his boots, turning his back to him coldly. He turned his attention back on Azumi.

“Now...how about we do an equivalent exchange?”

Azumi in spite of her youth in comparison to her intimidating looking opponent remained focused and unphased as he moved by Okabe and towards her as he made mention of "negotiations" or a lack thereof on her end as well as a desire to find an equivalent exchange.

Okabe remained silent, the idea he allowed people of their own Caravan to die and be placed in this tense situation just to "prove a point" rubbed him the wrong way but irregardless he watched the situation play out as Azumi remained silent for the next minute or so before she spoke up.

"And what do you consider "equivalent" if I had to ask?"

---------
The words of both Iwao and Mori seemed to be enough to assure Kuro, who gave a nod as he seemed okay with them using the oven to that extent as Tomiko noted Mori starring at her more with that cute puppy dog expression.

Eventually, the persistent gaze paid off as Tomiko let out a sigh; though her big grin soon showed in full as she was quick to respond. "Well in that case I don't see why not. I will grant you my blessing." Tomiko said, with a mock "sophisticated" tone as she allowed Mori such a provision though banter aside she seemed cool with it.

"That sounds like an admirable goal. A way to help ninja on the field even when your active time on duty leaves you, you have my full support for whatever that is worth." Atsuko said with a smile as she was touched by the work Kasami had done and in truth had a greater respect for the kunoichi.

----------
"Well, not much beyond..." Aisha started to say, before Rika had gotten up and stormed off the area no longer feeling hungry as Kenji was left there with much confusion on his face. Kenji let out a sigh as he made his way back over as Aisha turned back to Taji.

"...well, girl issues for Kenji." Aisha said with a shrug as Kenji sat down as Luna & Sky were curious of these developments.

----------
Tayuya watched as Sagiso explained herself, whether she was bluffing about the ease of this or in truth had an ace up her sleeve if the battle continued remained to be seen. And Tayuya cared little to see it, the fight was enough to get some stress out and since Sagiso seemed willing to let her "mull over" was enough excuse she needed.

While part of her had a desire to show this smug "singer" a thing or two she simply lacked the care to exert any more than she already had. And with that, with a trio of poofs the Doki vanished as Sagiso returned her flute as she turned to begin to walk away.

"Whatever, not worth it." Tayuya muttered as she aimed to go back to her room. Though whether she'd ever admit it or not, she could not help but dwell on the words of the song. They were nonsense, but even so if they had been just that to her and only that the question remained.

Why linger on them?

----------
Boom!
A massive shockwave slammed into the masked figure, as he was blown back and slammed into the wall as Kou seemed to cover himself to protect against the blow while Orochimaru looked on with that sinister "smile" of his as if he took pride in seeing this.

The man seemed slumped against the man shaped indent he was blown into....before he jumped off. Rubbing his shoulders as his body began to convulse as chakra surged through his body. Soon his muscles began to expand a bit as his frame grew as it almost seemed the pain of the blow fed into his body and gave it strength. Kou was naturally terrified for Zaku as the figure charged with greater speed as he went for what seemed another forward charge.

Woosh!

Only to vanish, using growing speed to appear behind Zaku as it aimed to try to strike him from behind.

...What!

Zaku didn’t know someone of that size could move so fast. As his implants revved up to attack, he was struck by his attacker, sending him spiraling across the room. He skid across the ground, cringing in pain. Groaning and briefly cradling his wound, he looked to him with a annoyed expression.

“Ya know, I didn’t wanna do this to Kabuto, since he loves the walls in this place, but Screw it.”

His implants stirred, a large concentration of chakra piling up as he aimed his hands at his opponet, flapping his palms open.

“Extreme Decapatating airwaves!!!”

A massive blast of wind covered the entire hall. There was no escape. A blast this size would ravage most things in front of him, let alone in the hallway. The walls would become dust, let alone his attacker.

“Kekeke...I’m glad you see it my way.” Scrappa assured. “Instead of just giving you everything on a silver platter, I will make you a bargain. If you do something for me, I will do something for you.”

He paced around the room with his cane, clicking on the metal surface with every step. He arched his back, looking into azumi’s eyes, pulling out a slender, silver scroll.

“In this scroll, holds ancient Shinobi justu, pocketed off of a successful raid on the Kumo Campaign. I’m sure your leader will be very pleased you acquired such a relic. By the looks of how young your team is, this is something you greatly need. And for what I want...”

He pointed at reaver in the back, his arm shaking and his fence tensing, obviously in pain. He grinned, his brows narrowing.

“Him. He is suffering withdrawals from some kind of chakra inducing formula. I’ve seen the attempts, and never have I seen the formula done in a manner that has worked. But seeing as how he was utilizing metal in such a fashion as he was, he had legitimate success in this field. Now. If I had this formula, we could buff out the kinks and-“

He stopped himself, laughing lightly like an older man would if he were to ramble on for too long.

“Need you worry about that. What’s important is that we both have materials that are greatly valued to both of us. Now. How about it little ms? The scroll for the formula. It is your choice...!”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Tsuki
When inquired about the nature of her visit, the younger Yuki was a loss of words. In reality, she wanted to learn more about Kai in order to find out what gift would be appropriate for him and also to learn about Hama, but she felt that it would be rude to say all that.

"I just wanted to talk, that's all," Her tone of voice sounded nervous, as if Kai was going to stab her if she said something wrong, "But if you have more important things to do, then I won't bother you too much,"

I wonder what Seiun's doing right now.
Seiun
Well your judgement did get me into this mess B.O.S.E.C, I suppose i should trust your judgement to get me out of this...

In a more subconscious part of his mind, a part he wouldn't let the construct gain access to, he was beginning to have his doubts. There was no way that Tsuki wasn't suspicious about his current werabouts, not to mention that the construct wasnt letting him use the Gahedra to solve this problem himself.

"Can you idiots even hear me?" Seiun shouted at Mei's guards again, hoping for some form of provokation, "Where the hell are you taking me?!"

“Yeah that’s cool with me.”

Raiku gave a simple reply to Kiro’s question, not necessarily surprised by his more casual tone. However, before they could get moving, Raiku was met with a pleasant surprise in the form of Taiyo. He hadn’t seen his fellow Leaf ninja since the mission and was pleased to see a friend.

“Oh hey Taiyo, what’s up? This guy here is Kiro. Uh, he’s not really my friend. I was just sent here to check on him since he’s a prisoner. I think you were there when we captured him.”

The Uchiha referred to the time back when they chased the Sound. He actually recalled attempting to put Taiyo under genjutsu while they were in the process of dealing with Kai and Kiro. Of course, he had failed his genjutsu attempt since Taiyo managed to resist it. This was due to Taiyo learning from his previous experience with genjutsu from none other than the prisoner beside them.

“Don’t worry though, he’s not actually that much of a bad guy anymore.”

Acknowledging the fact that Kiro had seemed to change a bit during his imprisonment, Raiku felt he should add that tidbit. However, even though the Uchiha chose to be honest, he could still care less about the image of the prisoner.

——————
“Thanks I guess.”

Kiro replied, not exactly knowing how to respond. He had wanted to throw out a fun little remark to Raiku’s comment on their relationship but held back on it due to hesitation. In fact, last time Kiro tried making a sarcastic joke, back during his arrival at the mansion, he remembered getting blasted. Perhaps one day there would be another opportunity to try his hand again.

It also wasn’t exactly a surprise to see Taiyo arrive with Furījia. Kiro did have a few memories of the fire specialist. Primarily ones having to do with the Hyūga Princess. He had linked them together way back when Taiyo first saved the girl’s life with Raiku. His first memories of Taiyo were actually during the Chūnin Exams. They didn’t quite get off on the right foot back then, but perhaps he could rectify that now.

“But yeah, we’ve met before Taiyo. It’s alright if you don’t remember though. Anyways, it seemed like the Hyūga had the area under lockdown due to preparations for the festival. Guessing you’re also here for something or someone important?”

——————
Letting out a muffled oink, Tonton couldn’t help but notice the use of formality used by Natsu upon mention of her lady when compared to greeting the Hokage. Even if Tsunade had caught on, no one would know as she smoothly brushed past it with a courteous smile. She did take a moment to gather her thoughts on the subject before giving a response.

Having easy access to medicinal items such as the Jofuku flowers along with intensive research and the possibility of new findings in Mount Jofuku could only serve to help the village. The specifics of an agreement of use would still need to be discussed. However, her interest was more focused on the idea of the mission system that was being requested. She could only wonder what the intent of this was but restrained herself from leaning into any suspicions.

“Well, I don’t see much of an issue with these initiatives. Of course, I’d like to speak with Lady Hinagiku personally on this matter. There is also that report I’ve yet to receive. Something which I’m certain can also be dealt with tomorrow?”

Last edited:
"Thank you, I won't make you regret giving us your blessing." Mori raised his right hand up to his head and curled his thumb and pinky inwards, as a way to show it was a vow. Of course, he spoke in the same mocking 'sophisticated' tone as Tomiko. After all, if he was going to act he was going all out.

Iwao was having a blast, these kids were incredibly close to each other and Mori seemed to fit right in. He felt that there was something going on between Tomiko and his son, they kept reacting to and jabbed at each other without any animosity at all. If he didn't know any better, he'd think that Mori liked Tomiko a bit more than friends do. He didn't mind his son growing up and developing feelings, but his current path wasn't exactly a path that had much room for feelings, especially romantic ones.

"I appreciate that, I'm sure the others will too." Kasumi smiled as she thought about her 'patients', though she didn't want to call them that. She just needed to make sure that she didn't get caught before getting through all the required paperwork. She didn't want to keep the people who needed her waiting that long.
----------

"Don't we all? I've had them plenty of times." Taji said in a matter-of-fact voice as she thanked the waiter when he arrived with the Tragopan Blood Stew. She took a sip and didn't seem to be bothered by the spiciness of the dish that just might have become her new comfort food, her mind rattling behind her stoic face. If she wasn't mistaken, that was the same girl back in the Raikage's office. "Kenji, don't we know her?" As she kept an eye on Rika, she made sure to remember her chakra signature. You never knew when it would come in handy after all.

Hinagiku

While she'd have loved to listen to these children chatter all day long, such an activity did not fit into her busy schedule. Taking Furijia in hand she swiftly continued her journey. Sooner rather than later, she arrived at the location which, mere moments ago, was a battlefield.

The need for her to interfere seemed to have been settled, however, she still had good reason to be here.

"Sagiso, dear, we seem to be running low on meat for tomorrow's dinner. Why don't you take your sister out and help hunt some game?"

They weren't really lacking in meat, they had more than enough at the moment. However, it was a simple and reasonable excuse she could use to send her daughters out for some fresh air, especially Furijia, who seemed a bit...off at the moment. Hina was confident that the outing with her sister would loosen up her daughter's lips and lighten her mood. Maybe, when they returned, she could finally get the girl to spill whatever was on her chest.

Natsu

"Of course, Lady Hokage. Her Grace has invited you, along with the other Clan Heads to a Dinner tomorrow to discuss matters in person. I trust everything will be addressed there."

Smoothly and without fluster, the maid responded.

"Very well Milady and Madam Shizune, if there's nothing else, I'll take my leave."

Bowing a the waist, Natsu took several steps backward until she was at the door. It was an odd way of making an exit, however, she held herself strict to more menial courtesies, one of which, was never to turn your back while departing. Exiting the Kage's manner, the Head maid saw about returning to the Hyuga Mansion. There were still many things to be prepared for tomorrow's festivities.

While she'd already sent invitations to the various Clans inviting their younger generation to participate, the event in question was not meant to be a socialite gathering for the wealthy. The shinobi from humbler backgrounds were equally worthy of participation, however, to prevent riffraff from dominating the competition, she would need to select some seeded candidates.

With the data gathered from the Chunin exams of many moons ago, the Head Maid had selected two individuals she'd scout out. Akugami Taiyo and Ikeda Katsuo, both having made it to the final eliminations round of the tournament, and both only really loosing out to the tournament's Champion.

She'd been notified by radio-ear-piece of the movements of the two in question after she'd left out. The squad of maids that she'd sent ahead of her had kept them both in-sight, allowing her to chart the most perfect and time-efficient path around the village. That said, the Hyuga maid now found herself passing by the training grounds, catching the remnants of the young Ikeda's training.

"A rigorous routine you have there, but wouldn't you like to put your skills against more unpredictable opponents?"

With a whisk, Natsu retrieved a gilded invitation card from the folds of her dress.

"There'll be a village-wide tournament tomorrow, to provide some accompanying entertainment for the festivities. Would you happen to be interested?"

Drip....drip...drip...

A medley of sweat and blood dripped down Katsuo’s chin, forming small dirty puddles as he stared off in the direction of where his last Clone had been. Said location was now cratered in, with a familiar smoke cloud slowly dissipating, signifying the end of his clones chakra reserves.

“Heh. I’m better than me.” The ninjas shirt was completely torn away, leaving his torso barely covered by his mesh under armor, his pants were coated in a thin layer of blood, and he himself looked as if he’d just been put through a meat grinder. But despite outward appearance, he still had the spirit to make little quips at the results of his training.

However, this moment of relaxation ended quickly, as the unfamiliar voice of a woman commented on the intensity of his training, before abruptly inviting him to a tournament at the Hyuga Estate.

“Another tournament...?” The shaggy haired boy slowly approached this unknown woman, taking the invitation with great intrigue.
After flipping said invitation open and skimming the details, a small smirk formed on his face.

“One question...” The traveler-nin paused, sliding the invitation into his side pocket, “...will a girl known as Sagiso be there?”

Natsu

"Oh?"

Now that he'd voiced it, she did remember that one of Katsuo's in the Chunin exams had indeed been Sagiso.

"The young Lady would sniff out any fight in 5 kilometers...we couldn't keep her away from it if we tried..."

With a resigned sigh, Natsu confirmed Sagiso's presence. The girl was indeed a warmonger, and they were still in the process of cleaning and reconstructing the training hall she'd burned down during her last fight. Although she was also a daughter of their beloved clan leader, the maids had a more...complex relationship with Sagiso. One which usually ended with them cleaning up whatever mess she'd created with the fight before they could go on to create whatever mess she'd made with her body.

Rasa was unfazed by Kin’s taunts. “I know that very well, but what one does with that time is what differentiates the worthless and the worthwhile.” He spoke in a stern voice.
————
As he was standing in the area, Shura bore witness to the rather large group of people showing up. “Miss Hinagiku, Mr Shu. Wow that’s an odd group of people showing up together.

He heard Hinagiku’s request to Sagiso. “Huh, last I checked we still had an abundant amount of meat in stock.” Shura walked over to Hinagiku. “If we need to go hunting for more game then would it be alright if I go along too?”

Would help me... relieve some things too.

Last edited:
Hinagiku

Pausing for a minute, she remained thoughtful of Shura's inquiry. Her eyes flickered rapidly between Furijia, and the surrounding shinobi, noting that most of the prominent young figures of the village had gathered. Finally, she returned her attention to Shura.

"Well, you can all go if you so desire, just don't stray too far. I must be going now, tomorrow will be rather busy. If you need anything be sure to notify the maids."

Fast as lightning, the Hyuga Head gave Furijia's cheek a lighthearted pinch, and at the same time transferred her chakra in a certain calming rhythm. Then she took a step back, gently pushing Furijia forward as if encouraging her to make a few new friends. Seconds later, she vanished, her body flickering carrying her out of vision in the blink of an eye.

“What the hell?!”

Kiro exclaimed as he saw Hinagiku just disappear after giving Furījia a gentle shove. He’d been following the Hyūga Head this entire time waiting for his reward. But maybe, this was his reward. A hunt too find his prize! The prisoner looked over to Sagisō with a thoughtful gaze before shifting to a more determined expression.

“I’ll be coming along as well if that’s alright. You should come along with us too Raiku.”

He offered the Uchiha, kind of interested to see if Raiku would be willing to tag along. It wouldn’t hurt to go out with a group once in awhile.

Last edited:
Seeing the Hyuga head vanish, Shu thought to also go back to his duties. “Well umm, I’ll leave the hunting to you kids.” He waved the goodbye and ran off at a much more modest pace compared to the clan head.

Shura looked towards Kiro when he spoke up. “Miss Hinagiku did say we could all go. She doesn’t often spell things out so I believe that includes you too.” He responded before remembering something. “I assume you’re done with whatever business you had with my sister if you’re coming along on the hunt.” There was a moment of silence. “You did go see her right? You didn’t forget right?”

Sagiso

A raised eyebrow betrayed her skepticism, just as with Shura, Sagiso was aware the Hyuga had no such deficiency in stocks. However, one glance at her mopey little sister told her was this was all about. Her expression shifted slowly, become a bit more mischevious as she approached Furijia with a soft chant.

"All work and no play makes meimei a dull girl~"

Her chant, one she'd repeated many times before caused an immediate effect as Furijia perked up, not with excitement, but with abject horror. In a fraction of a second the younger girl had spun on her heels, immediately trying to make a break for it but...Sagiso was faster. She descended upon her little sister like a storm, hands snaking under her clothing until—

"Nooooo~", interspersed with uncontrollable giggles, Furijia squirmed in attempts to escape the tickle-attack she'd been subject to.

While the two girls grappled on the floor, Sagiso made an effort to speak above Furijia's screams.

"I think that's yours Kiro..."

She referred to a kunai embedded where her mother had been standing, around its handle a key ring, and a brand new set of keys.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku was a bit startled by Kiro's sudden exclamation, though he quickly regained his composure and his reaction couldn't even be seen that well behind his bandanna. He then heard Kiro's offer to join the Uchiha and Hyugas on a hunting trip. He thought about the idea for a moment and then announced his decision to participate quietly to the former Mist-nin.

He then looked at Sagiso and Furijia's interaction and smiled.

I wonder what it'd be if I had a younger sister like that.

Suddenly a bad memory appeared in his head and he turned away. His mood had completely changed but he didn't want others to see.

Furijia

“Nooooostopstopstopstop! Eeeek!”

Screaming and kicking in every direction, no matter what she did, she just couldn’t shake Sagiso off. She could already feel the cramps in her stomach from laughing too hard, and her nails were now filled with dust from clawing at the ground.

Finally, her older sister seemed to let up, and Furijia scrambled away on all fours, panting to regain her breath. Her squeals of terror seemed to have greatly reinvigorated Sagiso, who now sounded a notch or three more chipper.

“Hmmm, well, I guess I don’t mind if you guys come...Oh! You! You’re the one that fought Azumi in the Chunin exams, right? You were also there in the underground tunnels...though...I can’t seem to remember what happened afterward..?”

There was some uncertainty to her voice, but it soon vanished.

“Well, since you went up against Azumi you must be pretty good right? I don’t have time for a full fight now, but...3 moves? That sounds fair, right?”

Rejuvenated by her little tryst with her sister, the Nadeshiko kunoichi now seemed to have excess energy to blow off and Taiyo become her immediate target. Very Immediate.

The girl attacked instantly, chakra gathering in her palm before she struck out— "Eight Trigrams: Mountain Crusher!"— sending a high-pressure torrent of chakra straight at Taiyo.

After hearing Shura mention his sister, Kiro muttered a curse as he remembered Shiho had offered to make him clothes before he took off for Hinagiku. Kiro wouldn’t blame her if she had forgotten or just gave up waiting. He did recall saying she could wait in his room but it would probably be better to check

“Um, do you happen to know where Shiho is?”

He didn’t even get to hear an answer before all hell basically broke loose. Courtesy of the Demon Princess herself. She had thrown all care to the wayside. After taking down her sister, Sagisō set her sights on none other than Taiyo. Perhaps to test the boy if he was worthy of her sister. Well, it was actually because of his fight with Azumi where Kiro recalled hearing that’s where he blew his arms off.

However, it would seem his earlier assumption was incorrect. A little grin kept up his face as he saw the kunai. But more specifically, the keys on it. They could only mean one thing. He was hoping for some ninja tool summons but a house wasn’t a bad deal. Kiro wanted to thank Sagisō for pointing them out but, once again, she was distracted with something else.

Surprisingly, he was able to make out the soft-spoken answer from Raiku over the commotion. The Uchiha would be tagging along with them. Kiro glanced over to Raiku but noticed he was now looking away for some odd reason.

“Alright, that’s cool. Something up?”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku was still being gloomy by himself when suddenly he heard a loud noise and snapped back to reality. He turned as soon as he saw Taiyo getting attacked by Sagiso and looked kind of frightened and kind of confused.

"Kiro is this normal? Isn't it a bad appearance for the Hyuga for one of them to suddenly attack a Leaf-ninja? I know Sagiso isn't from the Leaf but still, doesn't she have a special relationship with Lady Hinagiku?"

Raiku put his hands on his tanto in case of the fight to get really rough, and although to him it seemed like it already had, he didn't want to be reprimanded for a cursory assumption.

Hearing Sagiso talk to Taiyo about seeing him before, Shura thought back. “Oh yeah, that a couple months ago when I got back to the village there was a scene... you know what, maybe it’s for the better she doesn’t recall it.” He stepped over towards Furijia who was currently a giggling mess. He hand noticed she looked pretty gloomy when she arrived. “Guess this is one way to cheer someone up.” He knelt down beside her. “Are you alright?”

He turned back towards Kiro when he spoke up. “You told her to wait at your place didn’t you?” With slight disbelief, Shura answered Kiro, the guy really did forget his sister.

Before he could add anything, Shura heard a loud noise and turned to face it, eyes in pure disbelief as he observed Sagiso attack Taiyo out of the blue. “Oh come on!” His voice was very irritated.

Furijia

Although a bit winded, for the most part, she was fine. A sentiment she tried to relay to little avail. She was still breathing too hard, so instead of answered, she collapsed on the ground where she could take deeper breaths. After several moments, she'd finally stabilized her breath and suppressed her laughter.

"Uwa...yea, I'm okay."

Slowly, she began to sit up, only flinching slightly at Shura's sudden shout. She whipped her head around just in time to see Sagiso begin her assault on Taiyo, though...he would have to weather the storm this time. It was either him, or her, and he was a worthy sacrifice.