• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Hyōryūgetsu

Idly waiting, the Hōzuki took note of her opponents when she saw a sizeable fireball barreling its way towards her. The intense heat cleared the Mist, forcing the slowly condensing water vapor away. "Oh~? But isn't that bad~? Now I know exactly where you are~" Based on the direction the Fireball came from it didn't take that much thinking to come to the conclusion that her opponents were most likely over there. "Water Release: Water ball jutsu~" Stretching her hands out, the Hōzuki conjured a ball of water, it wasn't that highly ranked a jutsu, in fact, it was below that of Taiyo's Great Fireball technique, and that was because Hyō didn't want her jutsu to overpower his own, but rather to cancel each other out. The large sphere of water moved forward, colliding together with the Fireball. While the Fireball got snuffed out, the water ball instantly evaporated into Steam and settled over the field, replacing the Mist and obscuring vision all the same.

Nothing had really changed, a smokescreen of Mist simply became a smokescreen of steam, and Hyō now knew exactly where Taiyo was. "Then... I'm coming~" Since her opponents had stated themselves prepared, Hyō no longer held back, "Water Release bullet: Orca~" Slapping her palm out infront of her the girl generated a large wave of water, the sudden appearance of the liquid caused it to explode outward with ferocity, surging towards her opponents.

Sagisō

Not caring the slightest bit about what Seiun had to say, the girl simply continued her motion, spinning from her one roundhouse kick into another. Her legs flew through the air, aiming for Seiun's chest, waist, arms, and legs. She was no longer aiming to knock him out, but to simply beat him into submission to relieve a bit of her frustration.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku looked up in the sky as he saw Kai evade his attack and shook his head.

"Really? My clan overrated? Then again, I guess your opinion doesn't matter considering you also thought Kiro was on your side. I guess you really can't comprehend anything with that walnut brain. I bet the only reason you can control anything with your tiny brain is because they don't have a brain. Unlike animal summons, your jutsu are just chakra in solid form with the ability to move. Pathetic, what a waste of a kekkei genkai. Not like earth style literally does that, and is stronger than your jutsu. Really shows how arrogant you are to think you can call my clan overrated when your using your kekkei genkai in such a simple matter. Though maybe you're just a coward, after all you can't even fight me face to face, even if you wanted to you'd have to do it on your little moving ice sculpture. So lame.. if you were really not a coward you'd rush at me head on."

Raiku in reality didn't have an opinion on Kai's jutsu, but he remembered how he fought in the Chunin Exams, and how mad he got when he thought Kiro was "brainwashed" and the sound ninja was lying. So he figured he might as well use his temper to his advantage.

Her questions were understandable. Kiro could see why Tayuya needed more than theoreticals to prove his loyalty. For the fourteen year old however, those were some difficult questions.

“My end goal... I haven’t really thought about that. I mean do you even know your end goal? That’s a pretty difficult question. Things can change so easily. I once served as only a tool for the Mist, now look where I am. Being in the outside world without any restraints gave me a sense of freedom. For the first time, I actually get to choose my path now.”

Part of him predicted that Tayuya might question him on this ‘freedom’ he spoke of. However, she would be a hypocrite if she asked that. Even now, one had to wonder how loyal she was. All these questions seemed directed to push him away from joining Orochimaru. Had the snake been the one here, Kiro had a good feeling he would’ve easily been accepted by now. Perhaps Tayuya had been placed under a spell, being controlled by someone or something pure from beyond the realm. Kiro just couldn’t pin where her morals were.

“You could say I’m just a normal person. Doing what needs to be done in order to live. Survive. In order to survive against the strong, you need power. I learnt that the hard way. So yeah, the reason I desire the seal is too attain power.”

Didn’t the snake only hand the seals out to a few select people? There was no way the snake handed out seals without expecting a return. It seemed extremely odd that Tayuya was trying to push him away. After all, Orochimaru didn’t even make him proclaim his loyalty back then. So why was she? Kiro highly doubted Orochimaru would be pleased that Tayuya just let someone walk away with the seal.

“Orochimaru gave me this mark for that exact reason and nothing else. He made me believe I could attain a power beyond belief so I accepted. However, he also had a purpose for me. I just want to see where this seal takes me. If I don’t, I’ll continue to live wondering what that purpose was. Were his words lies? I’ll never know until I see with my own eyes.”

Kiro looked at her. Even though his sharingan was deactivated, he attempted to see through her. Of course he couldn’t, but that was the problem. What was she playing at? What was her true objective in all of this? Was the doubt starting to grow in her? Did she ever question if Orochimaru was loyal to her?

“If I ever betray Orochimaru or if my use runs out, what’s stopping him from killing me?”

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Kai peered down at Raiku, cracking his neck. He took a deep breath and exhaled, the Uchiha starting to pluck out straws from him. That is, until the Young Yuki laughed.

“Coming from someone who failed to get in the front gate of the exam you are one to talk.” Kai said amused. “I am the ultimate strategist of my generation. These ice drones? I control them with my mind, which is far superior to any other nation’s creation. Read a book, it’s true.”

Raiku barked at him like a dog, talking about how he was being a coward. Kai put a finger to his chin, tilting his head.

“My father would protest of me accepting such a request...however I am not my father. Someone must show you Xenos your place in society.”

In a quick flick of his wrist, the ice serpent guided him toward the ground, where Kai landed. The ice serpent dove into the frigid waters while Kai simply stared at raiku, his emotions impossible to read under the mask. Kai held out his hand towards the ocean, an ice extract reaching out to greet him. Once in contact, he grabbed hold and yanked it out of the ocean: revealing and Icy Scabbard.

“Such a trivial matter. I could skewer you several ways to hell, but what better humiliation than being beaten at your own game? It’s the least you deserve.”

Kai kept a hand behind his back while his other hand firmly grasped the ice scabbard. Kai approaches slowly, his body still wet from the swim in the ocean.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku watched Kai head back to the river and left his ice serpent there. Then he got an ice scabbard out of the river and began to walk towards him. Raiku took it sword out in front of him, glaring at Kai with his cold red eyes. He put his sword in a defensive position, waiting for Kai to attack.

"How interesting for you to say that you're the biggest strategist, considering you lost to someone that died to that fake Uchiha Kiro. Maybe the reason you want that weirdo so badly is because you want him to teach you how to "kill Xenos" more efficiently. Strange that you want him to teach you, since you're so arrogant you think you can beat me with only one hand."

Absurd noticed that Mori had stopped writing down his question so he giggled, holding out his hand. The pen and the card floated up to him as he eagerly read the note.

‘Nice writing, but that's not my question. How did Orochimaru know that Katsuo would be here of all places? Apart from the Tsuchikage and my parents, no one knew where we were. He musthave had a spy or something.’

“Transcribe this to your mole friend.” Absurd waggled his finger to Tomiko. “The snake has eyes and ears everywhere...buuuuut that’s not how I found you.”

Absurd snapped his fingers, a very familiar wanted poster of the jinchurki’s face and a reward has materialized.

“I never needed to track you, I needed to track the jinchurki. And these little posters? The ones spread across every village everywhere? Why, that’s MY doing! He-ha-ahh!” Absurd cackled, holding his vest covered stomach. “With everyone going towards one location it was but an easy task to pick and choose which team was coming! After all, very few were actually sent from your neck of the woods!”

Last edited:
Shura heard Tayuya's question. "Yeah that's sir Kakashi's team fighting right now." Looking back on the situation at hand, Shura pondered what the best course of action. He came to a conclusion and sighed. "Well the way things are now, we're going to fall behind on the hunt." He looked to the group in front of him. "You all go ahead and continue looking for the Jinchuriki, I'll stay here an in case the situation take a turn for the worst." He said.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Even if they got rid of the mist smoke screen in favor of a vapor smoke screen, it was still relatively okay, since the mist was thicker than the water vapor, allowing Taiyo to see better. He saw the wave, but wasn't the least bit intimidated, it was just water right? But then he remebered how deadly water could be as he took on the attack head on. Surprisingly, he was still standing, and with an improved resolve.

"Not bad, but now it's my turn, Fire Release, Explosive Flame Formation!" In his hand, he now held two things, a poison dart and explosive tags. The Leaf-nin scattered the tags and sent a firey wave to hit all of the tags, not as an attack but rather as a distraction. Taiyo created a clone to stab Hyo is the back with the poison dart, even if she was to block it.
Seiun
Unfortunately for Seiun, he was unable to dodge all the hits, he did manage his legs and chest to be unscathed. The faux Kiri-nin was down, but instead of getting up, like he could have, he decided to play possum, seeing as the minute he was dragged back to her boss, he'd stab her in the leg, it may not Let him escape, but at least it would accomplish some form of petty revenge.
Tsuki
Why did I run away?! I'm such a coward, how could I abandon my friend like that? Even if Kai isn't friendly to me, he's still my ally! I need to apologize to him the second the chance.

The Yuki-nin had come to a stop when she saw two people, a girl, roughly the same age as her, and likely an enemy, and someone who she knew very well, Seiun.

Oh no, I know my slave isn't about to get captured, I need him more than that bitch does. Okay, stay calm, and you'll be fine.

Tsuki nervously but firmly approached Sagiso, the spark which was waiting to be lit into a Fire of rage in her eye.

"You...you seem to have an associate of mine, if you'd like, I could take him off your hands," The Yuki-nin addressed her opponent with mock politeness, ready to attack the moment she felt was nessesary.

Sagisō

'You don't actually expect that to work...right?'

Having successfully defended his vitals, only taking a few kicks to the extremities such as his arms, how could the Kiri shinobi possibly expect her to believe he'd been knocked out? 'Who gets K.O'ed by a kick to the arm?', scornfully she looked down at Seiun, both literally and figuratively. Whether he wanted to play possum or not didn't concern her, he was actually doing himself a great disservice with his actions. Increased physical activity meant increased heart rate, and in return increased blood flow. His struggles to escape were synonymous to digging himself into a pit, and all he'd really manage to achieve was spreading the poison through his body faster. "Well...whatever..."

Sagisō was wholly disinterested in spending any more time on the Mist Shinobi, but as it always was with these Kiri-shinobi, they couldn't stay away from her for more than 10 minutes. Even when she wasn't looking for them, Kiri shinobi plopped themselves infront of her and then started running their mouths about something. A troublesome bunch they were.

The Byakugan revealed itself, scanning over Tsuki's body. The quick scan had reassured Sagisō's initial guesses, the girl was a Yuki, but a closer look at her chakra network revealed more than just that. 'Her chakra network has only recently been developed she's...-a newbie?' Oddly enough, the Mist had dispatched a rather fresh specimen of shinobi. This girl was either extremely talented or bound for an early death. Either way, this situation could be used to her advantage. "Oh, this one is yours is he?" She moved slightly, poking at the prone figure of Seiun with her foot. "In that case, catch." Pulling her leg back, she lashed out with a kick, aiming to launch Seiun towards Tsuki. With his airborne body as cover, she'd also be able to rapidly enter CQC range, which was where she specialized.

“Loss? A draw more so.” Kai said, analysing his ice scabbard from blade to tip. “You talk down on the one good Xeno amongst your loathsome kind, pity. But now you prove yourself in the field of battle, one on one. Prove that your vile kind is little more than waste!”

With that, Kai lashed out, quick and deliberate scabbard strikes toward the neck. Accurate like a hunter nin fires senbon. He was aiming to incapacitate him by striking at volatile pressure points of the neck which feigned death on the target. With precision to his swings, what kind of amateur could possibly match up to it?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku grinned as Kai lashed out at him and swiftly threw his sword into the air and put his hands on the ground. Suddenly the fire wall that he had previously created behind him extended towards him and Kai and covered them like a cage. The fire wall began developing inside the cage to incinerate Kai and Raiku. However, when Raiku let himself be stabbed he turned to smoke and then...

BOOM!

A bomb tag was set off inside the cage of scorching flames. The Raiku Kai was fighting was actually a clone! As the clone's memories began transferring back to Raiku he smirked.

No way he's going to live that. I can't believe he didn't notice the clone never moved from the flame wall! And he called himself the best strategist? Ha!

Raiku looked in front of him which appeared to have steam covering his view.

"Can you blow that steam away?"

Ramer which was above him nodded and sent out a gust which got rid of the steam. Raiku saw Taiyo and Sakura in front of him seemingly fighting a girl from the Mist. The gust he created was able to make Taiyo dry once more.

"Say... do you guys need help?"

Last edited:
"Believe me, when he vents like that it is best you don't jump on him right away. Risks setting off a violent eruption given his temperamental issues. I will see to it the matter is quelled and thank you for your services. I will prove to you my mantle and the mantle of this group well within that time." Azumi replied to Baiyan as she had taken note of the commotion caused by Reaver inside the cabin which only caused Azumi to internally groan.

Reaver had proved to be quite the problematic issue, one she needed to "resolve" and manage to some capacity.

With that, she gave Baiyan a nod and walked to the cabin. While it was not a full time commitment, a year's service had been more than generous given the shaky ground they started off on with Reaver's explosive charge and something that Azumi had the capacity to work with.

----------
Tomiko quickly took out a piece of paper and pencil as she began to transcribe Absurd's account of what happened word for word as she listened carefully to what he had to say. Soon enough, she had her account of Absurd's words written and presented it to him as followed.

Says Orochimaru has eyes and ears everywhere but that is irrelevant to how he found us. This gay made all the wanted posters of the Jinchuriki. He seems to be able to track the "teams" sent through these. Probably some technique or something, but he has not explained the specifics.

-----------
Sakura observed as Hyo traced the fireball towards Taiyo's location as fire and water clashes which caused a new vapor cloud to appear. Though that had been the least of her worries, as Hyo sent a wave at them which forced Sakura to move back as her figure remained hidden by her Genjutsu though Taiyo seemed to work to try and tank it before he launched an attack.

Sakura figured that just getting soaked against a Kiri-nin was just asking for trouble, and they needed this vapor cloud dealt with as Sakura quickly formed some hand signs and took a deep breath.

"Water Style: Vapor Vortex Jutsu!"
Within moments the vapor in the air began to gather around and form a light cyclone, which also took the damp water on the ground and even on Taiyo's clothing to fuel it as Sakura aimed to try and clear whatever conceal Hyo before she shot it towards Hyo as it charged her along with Taiyo's fire attack.

-----------
"Whatever, if that's what you want. I guess we'll go make sure Kiro didn't get himself captured by someone." Tayuya replied, as she had been indifferent for the most part of her Konoha team so she had no care what happened to Shura as she began to walk off. Takato let out a sigh as he followed Tayuya as it seemed this team only further fractured apart.

Well, maybe if and when they found Kiro they'd be able to maintain some illusion of stability and reorganize themselves. Not like they had a better plan as he'd have to trust Hinagiku's "hands off" approach as the pair would search for Kiro.

-----------
Flashback
Tayuya listened as Kiro continued to make his arguments and explain his motive for what he aimed to do after all this. Tayuya internally scoffed at the notion that he was a "normal" person. Irregardles, she focused on why Kiro desired power and the mark and she had to admit his reasoning did echo a lot of what Lord Orochimaru had said to them.

Whether he meant what he said or had just been blowing smoke up her rear seemed impossible to tell. Irregardless Tayuya had her arms folded over her chest as she scanned Kiro with a mild glare as her expression had not shifted....even when Kiro made that comment about Orochimaru and whether he'd kill you or not. Tayuya had to admit that mental image of Orochimaru showing some discipline to Kiro had her internally smirk but more than that she considered Kiro's position. Regardless of how "honorable" to the side he may or may not have been she had to concede that he was still possibly an object of value. While Tayuya saw him as replaceable, she had to consider what Lord Orochimaru would desire of her at this point.

Tayuya thought it over for a minute or two before she became struck with inspiration.

"You are a smooth talker, but it takes more than words to sway me. I might be willing to help you out with the mark. But on but one condition and one condition only. Sound fair to you?" Tayuya asked Kiro as she seemed to have an idea in her head; evident by her sly grin.

Hyōryūgetsu

A look of patience on her face, Hyō watched amusedly as the duo -now turned trio- launched their consecutive attacks. From one side came explosions, and from the other, a vortex of water vapor. The girl folded her arms and merely watched. The chain of explosive rang out, consecutive shockwaves spreading out in all directions and slamming into the water vortex -which was far closer to it that Hyō was and only growing closer as they aimed for the same target. The vortex didn't collapse immediately, but instead wavered, disturbed by the each of explosive waves washing over it. Battered and beaten by the cascading shockwaves, the vortex soon lost its form, the centripetal column-like cyclone that kept the water in a vortex twisted and distorted by the shockwaves. Shortly after, it collapsed, the water in the vortex being tossed in all directions because of it's remaining angular velocity.

Without intervention on her part, the attacks displayed her might, the rampant explosions scattering the water vortex and the scattered water from the vortex dampening the explosions. The synergy between fire and water had always been rather poor.

It was at this moment that Taiyo's clone sought to attack Hyō from being, only for the Hōzuki -her arms at her sides after being folded- to lazily point at it, her fingers still tucked beneath her arms. Water Release: Water Gun. At such close proximity, there was no way the clone could dodge the duo of bullets. With nothing to hide it and its explosive smokescreen of a distraction having fallen to poor synergy, the clone had no chance of evading Hyō's detection for even a moment. The doppelganger didn't even make it to the girl, poofing about 5 meters from her. The poison dart flew through the air. No longer being carried, gravity took hold and it plummeted to the ground, piercing into the ground behind the Hōzuki.

She brought her hands together and gave a small applause, praising the obvious effort that went into the attack formation. Their teamwork was pretty terrible, but they all appeared to be trying their hardest -and that's what really mattered! While effort only certainly wouldn't win them any fights, it was always a good consolation prize.

Kai cocked his head when ‘Raiku’ hit the ground. As a precaution, he held the sword in front of him defensively, his hand behind his back finish a row of handsigns. As flame cage was erected, Kai immediately knew something was wrong. He finished his set of handsigns.

“Ice wall: Skin tight!”

The moisture around him from his recent swim in the water had begun to crystallize, forming a protective shell around his body. When the clone had dissipated his eyes widened. He held the scabbard out, the ice scabbard erupting into water, utilizing it as a water jet. He jetted out as the explosion had begun, rushing right out of the flame cage. His ice armor had been signed off his body by the flame cage. Even burns though slightly to his clothes and a few burn marks on his skin, but no notable damage other than that.

He combat rolled out after he hit the ground, his flame coffin exploding, the young Yuki sweating. He could have died there if he didn’t take precautions before he met for honorable combat. He knew Xenos would resort to underhand tactics, so he had prepared to respond accordingly. He brushed some hair out of his face, looking at where Raiku had ended up: near the rest of his team. He growled in utter distain.

“That fowl Xeno....!”

He flicked his wrist. The ice serpent erupting out of the water, scooping up the slightly burnt kiri-nin. The serpent darted straight for team Kakashi, the water curving out of the way because of the pure speed. His hair rattled angrily in the air as he rushed toward them like a bat out of hell.

“Honorable combat?! The world Honor means nothing to your vile kind! You have forfeited your life and the lives of your memorable band of teammates!”

The ice serpent shredded towards Sakura, it’s fangs primed like drills trying to snatch her up, going around 100mph! It’s strong center body whipped towards Taiyo, like a meat grinder. Meanwhile the tail of the ice serpent cooled up around Raiku, blocking all escape routes, the forked tail driving down into the ice prison to stab the Uchiha from head to toe! The vengeance of the Xenophobe has come

Last edited:
As they set up their little fire spot, Aisha's nose began to twitch as did Luna & Sky which caused the twin wolves to growl a bit. Aisha herself frowned as her eyes became sharpened. She detected a few scents, a pair of which she recognized from their observations earlier....that sound ninja Zaku and the kid sidekick of his, if her nose was true which she had no reason to fault it as she glanced at Darui and the other "wolves" as she began to speak with lip reading to counter their sharpened sense of hearing.

"We are not alone. Those Oto-guys are here. And it appears he brought backup besides the kid. Four in total." Aisha explained with her lip reading to the group which Darui and Kenji seemed to understand well enough. Darui considered her words as he began to think of what to do about it. Eventually, he had an idea and communicated it through some barks to mask his own lip reading to the group.

"Split up. Find a spot to conceal and observe. Aisha you say with Luna and Sky. Taji and Kenji you are with me." Darui "barked" with his lip speak, which was strange to see Darui communicate as a dog but Aisha managed to get the gist of it and relayed the message with similar lip speak to Kenji and Taji. With that, Darui led Kenji as Kenji motioned for Taji to move to the right side of the cave as they worked to mask themselves through some rocks while Aisha directed Luna & Sky to the left side as she moved with them to similar mask themselves as they focused on the direction Aisha picked up the scent and they made some preparations in the event it had been a hostile arrival.

Mori read the piece of paper that Tomiko wrote on and grinded his teeth against eachother. This was new info that he was not a fan of, Absurd was a lot more impressive than at first sight. If he could get him on his side, now that would be an ally worth the effort. He nodded at Tomiko and began to write, he began to write a lot with clear determination.

Absurd, you are a more than capable fighter and unique artist. Someone with your talent has a brighter future than just being a mercenary, that is just a waste of your talent. I offer you the chance to be on our side, think about it my good man. If you capture Katsuo, you will get a lot of money if you aren't already payed but are out of a job for an unspecified amount of time and you'll make enemies with atleast one of the Big Five. If this group can beat you, an army will certainly be able to burn you to the ground. If you join our cause though, not only will you prevent a war but you'll be given the possibility of showing your talent to a great audience. Imagine the following scenario. You are standing in a room with your name on the door, preparing the final details for tonight. You can hear the crowd in the distance, talking about the preformance about to start. You take a deep breath and enter the stage, the bright lights blinding you as the crowd cheers for you. You put on a stellar show, the crowd goes wild and tosses roses on stage for you. It is one of many successful nights and it earns more than enough to live from. The kid from that one fight back in the Land of Water sometimes preforms with you, enjoying it just as much as you. Your name is known all across the world and it even supported Kusa with a trade route or two. It is your choice, eternal glory or uncertainity for the rest of your life.

Mori finished writing and beckoned Absurd closer, hoping that his offer would be accepted. Absurd was harder to influence than Reaver since Reaver constantly talked about honor and Absurd was more careful with his words, but he still gave it a shot.

----------------------

Taji's head perked up as Aisha seemed to have noticed something. It seemed like it was time to get serious as Oto was approaching and she was happy that she knew how to read lips. She followed Darui and Kenji before she went to the right side of the cave, being obscured from view by some rocks and moved into the direction of the scent that Aisha picked up. This is it, I hope none of these Oto guys are proficient in Genjutsu. If not, I have a nice surprise for them. The thought made a grin of some sorts appear on her face.

Absurd noticed Mori writing down his thoughts amongst his conversation, stopping. He immediately flicked his wrist, the piece of paper somehow magically floating towards him. He snatched it out of the air with a grin on his face. His eyes scanned across the lines, that is until he put a finger to a line to hold his place. A scroll and a quill hovering to transcribe his words as he began to speak

“Just a mercenary? Ah-ha-ah! isn’t that what ninjas in general are mole? My future would be just as certain with any ninja village, as they all are just bloodthirsty mercenaries at the core! Ha-ah!!”

He kept on reading the note that Mori had sent to him. His face let up with glee as he let the paper go, leaving it to float on the air. He grasped his sides as he read over the part about the imaginary preformance and hugged himself, his face turning pink, then moving a hand to catch an imaginary rose. He then opened his one viewable eye, peering down at Mori, the quill getting ready to write once more.

“Marvelous! Simply delightful! Ah...what a absolutely fantastic picture you have painted! If it only were a possibility...then perhaps I would accept such a tempting offer! Ah...ha...”

He laughed in a slightly remorseful tone before shifting back to his same bouncy personality.

“Don’t you see? I don’t care who I make enemies with. I can make enemies of the entire world, then I would get recognition on a global scale! Ah-ha-ah-ha-ah!!!!” Absurd cackled. “My show doesn’t care for sides, it only care of the chance to preform, no matter who I am preforming for! As a preformer, I leap at ANY opportunity to preform!”

Absurd continued, his lengthy cape flapping in the wind.

“But I will say this to you, Mori the Mole. You have been the most pleasurable to preform for, and perhaps I can make you a permanent addition to my cast...! Ah-ha! Now then! Final question, Miss Tomiko!”

Tomiko listened as Absurd asked for her own question, while the Iwa Kunoichi remained in thought over what had been the right thing to ask or not to give them some insight. Given he had been allies with Orochimaru and seemed to desire Katsuo, she decided to inquire about the details as she faced Absurd.

"To what extend is the connection between you and Orochimaru, in that are you being forced by his hand to track Katsuo what information he has on Katsuo you know of and if anyone else had been hired along with you?" Tomiko asked, as she aimed to follow Katsuo's example and ask a question with multiple components to it to try and squeeze what information from Absurd she could.

------------
Sakura frowned a bit as a large ice serpent seemed to charge for them, they needed a way to deal with it but given that their group seemed to be joined by Kai now she could not afford to waste all her chakra to just deal with the serpent.

Sakura quickly thought of an idea, as she made some hand signs and simply stood in place just as the serpent chomped down on the kunoichi. However, no scream was heard as Sakura seemed to poof in place as all that had been heard was the sound of sizzling paper on a lone log...

Boom!
The log with the trip paper bomb exploded in the ice serpent's mouth, as Sakura aimed to try and blow up the head as the real one already began her counter attack as she gathered up several dozen flower petals from the environment or her person curtsy of Ino's Flower shop

"Ninja Art: Sakura Blizzard Jutsu, Senbonzakura Style!"
Sakura's voice called out a chilling that seemed to come from all directions, a result of her Genjutsu which made her impossible to trace to through her call. As she borrowed the petals that had been her namesake, she sent them flying towards not only the ice serpent but also Kai and by extension Hyo as her aim seemed to be to just pelt them with a full on barrage attack. The target of the body & tail of the serpent seemed to aim to slow down or even cut the tip of the tail before it struck Raiku to grant both a chance to escape. However, masked within the petals had been slips of explosive paper that waited for that one spark to set them off.

Sakura's old variant would have used a lit paper bomb to set the others off, but given how expansive this one was she needed something that could cover more distance. That's when she turned to Taiyo & Raiku. She made a motion for them to fall back to her, while also making a "toss" motion to Taiyo to signal him to "toss" a fireball at the petals. Sakura didn't need a grand fireball, just enough fire to set off a spark and spread to lead to a chain reaction that would hopefully to an explosive attack for both Kiri-nin and their ice monster.

Finally Kiro seemed to be getting through to Tayuya. The once impenetrable wall in front of him now had a dent. A small one. It was good progress but Kiro still had a long way to go.

As for the offer Tayuya prepared to give him, Kiro would judge it’s fairness when he heard the condition. It could be something outlandish like obeying her every command. Would he be willing to become her slave just to test the potential of the seal? Then again, maybe it could be something simple like her wanting him out the house. Would that even be allowed? Whatever it was, that sly grin she had was really throwing him off.

“Fine, it can’t be that bad. What’s the condition?”

Present

Before Tayuya could take another step, a kunai struck the earth directly in front of her left foot. A voice, it’s tone filled with urgency, spoke immediately afterwards.

“Yo, stop right there!”

A figure landed on the branch of a tree above Tayuya and Takato, polluting their once clear image of the sunset. The combination of his red eyes with the pale tint of orange light slowly fading from behind flowed cleanly together. Glaring down upon them both, the boy hoped they would heed the warning and react accordingly.

“Seriously, don’t take another step Tayuya or you might kill us all.”

Kiro pointed his right index finger in Tayuya’s direction. However, he wasn’t pointing specifically at her. His aim was directed towards what was only a centimeter behind the kunai he had thrown.

To the naked eye, the threads were basically invisible. Even with the sharingan, Kiro had to be pretty close to see the threads. Due to how thin the chakra was, only the byakugan would be able to precisely locate each one at a good distance. Speaking of which...

“Shura, that’s your name right?”

The Uchiha called over to the Hyūga standing only a few trees away. It was also the first time he’d spoken to him.

“If you use your byakugan and look in my direction, you should be able to see what I’m talking about. There should be at least twenty not counting the ones my real body has probably found by now. Since they’re infused with chakra, we could assume that someone placed it. I still have no idea what for though...”

Almost a kilometer ahead of his clone, Kiro examined a hint of dirt that rested upon a weakened branch.

‘Interesting...’

Before he made another movement, Kiro did a thorough scan of the few feet in front of him. The annoying threads prevented him from scouting any faster. Too make matters worse, the sun going down was making it more difficult for Kiro to even catch the threads.

While he didn’t know exactly what the threads were for, it’s consistent placement was suspicious enough. Kiro speculated that he was going in the right direction if there were threads in front of him. He wouldn’t be surprised if the whole thing was one giant spider web spanning miles. Perhaps a single touch would activate a trap and send a giant spider in his direction. Maybe it was a way for the enemy to track their location. He wasn’t absolutely sure but knew better than to test either theory.

Kiro turned his head to look back in the direction he sent the clone.

‘Hopefully my clone was able to find someone. If it’s a Hyūga, they should be able to catch up quickly considering my slow pace.’

“To what extend is the connection between you and Orochimaru, in that are you being forced by his hand to track Katsuo what information he has on Katsuo you know of and if anyone else had been hired along with you?" Tomiko questioned.

Absurd waggled a finger at her, giggling to himself. “Ah-ha-ah! Miss Tomiko your such a chatter box, too many questions. I’ll just pick and choose what I will answer! Ha-ah!”

He crossed his legs in the air, floating there in an almost mocking fashion whilst addressing Tomiko.

“Connection. Hmmm....! Im simply hired to preform. Dont think he was twisting my arm or threatening me. I jumped for joy at the opportunity! He knew this, and he knew I wouldn’t double cross, after all, why would I pass on a captive audience?” He held back a snicker. “And don’t worry about any others coming, I wouldn’t have wanted to share the spotlight with any unexpected guests! I am the one and only. Now that all these question prizes are done and over with...”

*Tip Tap*

He tapped on the ground with his shoe, the genjustu putting back into play. Tossed four objects up into the air, meanwhile the entire tent around them seemed to be collapsing all around! They fabrics, toys, weapons, and even the floor tiles began to be sucked toward Absurd like a vacuum, more specifically, his cape.

“Ah-ha! This preformance has made history! And don’t think I’m going to stop there, I plan on making dozens, hundreds, why...why number it? ENDLESS performances across the land! Ahhaahhaahha! Enjoy your prizes my actors and actresses, and May your future be as bright as my shining star!”

The tent and everything’s around Absurd had compressed so much whilst being absorbed into his cape. Even now Absurd himself seemed to becoming absurd by his own cape. His body and face went into it, followed by his arms and legs, and with one fling of his cape: everything was gone. The tent, the trinkets, everything. It was back to the forest. All except the four prizes that absurd had bestowed upon them. On closer inspection, the four objects floating toward each of them were cards.

The first flew over to Mori, then the next with Katsuo, and then Tomiko and Guren. Mori’s flopped over to be revealed: it was King Mori, the King of spades! The same revelation had happened with King Katsuo, king of diamonds and Queen Tomiko, Queen of hearts. When the time came for Guren’s to flip over, it instead had a crudely drawn of Absurd’s mask sticking a cartoonish tounge out with the words: ‘Shouldn’t have cheated’ plastered all over it

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
It seemed that Kai's ice serpent was a very literal example of a mighty Glacier; strong but slow. Taking advantage of this, Taiyo was able to dodge the ice serpents body with relative ease. Fourtunately, Sakura had also escaped the serpents mouth and with a fourmulated plan no less. The Leaf-nin was able to catch the hint that the pink-haired kunoichi was implying, and as such almost threw a fireball, that is until a familiar voice came into his head.

You know a fireball will just incinerate the flower petal, right?

And what do you suppose huh? Some kinda finger flame bullets?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to suggest, glad we're on the same page.

Come to think of it, you do have a point.

I always do.

"Fire Release: Finger Flame Barrage!" Taiyo soon began firing short bursts of small consecutive flames aimed towards the flower petals. Whatever Sakura was planning, it required some firey flowers, and Taiyo was more than happy to blaze some botany. While he was waiting, he turned to face Hyo, and gave her a wink with a warm smile attached to it, to show that he acknowledged and apreciated her applause, despite the fact that the Kohana team's previous attack had no coordination.

Gonna flirt with her too? Come on, I know you want to.

Nope, not yet at least, I'm saving that ability for later.
Tsuki
The Yuki-nin immediately attempted to catch her now falling servant, his life now being her first priority. Fourtunately for Seiun, he fell neatly into Tsuki's arms, allowing the mistress to set down her slave before an icy rage soon room over her gaze.

"So...you like kicking people around....well I'm here to warn you, I'm d ont getting kicked around, and now...ITS MY TURN TO BE THE KICKER!" Tsuki swiftly released an icy whip, complete with icy barbed wire and started to lash out against Sagiso. Due to the now close range that the two shared, her whip couldn't used conventionally, however, that didn't stop Tsuki from backflipling behind Sagiso to attempt to choke her with her whip.

Suddenly, around the jinchurki was a small clicking sound. Coming into view was a skittering spider. On it’s back was something scribbled into it, too small to directly see. Then the inscription began to glow. Upon closer inspection...it was a summoning seal! A cloud of smoke erupted from the spider, the thick fume covering most of the area.

After it dissapated, it revealed four figures. Sakon with his arms crossed, Kidomaru hanging upside down on a thread, Zaku confidently cradling his arms, and Kou, who looked ready for battle...until he saw his opponent. He immediately put down his fists.

“Knock knock.” Sakon whimsically remarked.

“Uhhhh guys this lady isn’t a threat...” Kou rubbed the back of his head, sidestepping over towards Zaku. “Don’t you think we should just go home or-“

“Zip it runt.” Sakon snapped at him, looking over to the jinchurki. “Allow is to introduce ourselves...”

“We are Shinobi...” Kidomaru followed.

“Of the Hidden Sound!” Zaku exclaimed, raising his Zanuka hand cannons.

Kou slowly slid behind Zaku’s left leg, covering most his face in shame. Zaku, keeping his same confident expression began to sweat. He had to keep his dangerous appearance going, although Kou wasn’t helping much with that.

*BOOM!*

Sakura’s explosion detonated on the ice serpent shattered it’s mauling teeth, cracking the inner portions of the ice head. It didn’t shatter, thankfully for Kai. As for the blossom turned weapons, they failed to reach the tail, as it was protected by several deans could up segments surrounding Raiku, allowing the sharp tail to
Skewer all paths of a escape along with Raiku himself.

Kai’s resolve held as true as his icy ambition. The head of the ice serpent, damaged, broke off it’s attack target of Sakura, instead whirling around to attack the weakened Taiyo. Opening it’s now rigid jaws for the fire user while he was busy using a justu on the pedals. Kai himself had to take measures so he wouldn’t be hit by sakura’s petals nor whatever Taiyo was planning. He sunk into the ice of the ice serpent, using its quick speed and sturdy body as a defense. Blinding speeds of the beast would prove hard enough to survive let alone deal counter attacks

The petals came bearing towards the serpent, the serpent trying its best to evade the petals with it’s agility. As agile as it was, several petals rammed into it, several spikes, tines, and other spikey extensions falling off of it. Another destroyed one of the horns on it’s head. Damage had begun to appear on several segments, namely centermass. A large bald spot void of the meat grinder spikes and tines.

Last edited:
Sagisō

'Hooo~? I guess she's not a complete newbie then.'

Her opponent had maneuvered skillfully, retrieving her teammate and launching a counter-attack in but a few motions. That still, however, granted Sagisō more than enough time to prepare for her opponent's next move. Skillful as she might've been, Sagisō's title of 'Skillful Star' wasn't for show. The Nadeshiko Kunoichi's legs buckled, body falling prey to gravity as she shifted from a run into a slide. Flexing her ankle she extended the base of her foot at an angle. This change in position allowed her foot to slide across the ground with as little space as possible, and the spade-like shape soon proved itself useful when Sagisō's leg encountered Seiun's prone body. Her foot slipped right under the boy without so much as a hiccup, and as soon as it did, the rest of Sagisō's body sprung into motion.

Even as she slid, her calves and thighs flexed, catapulting her leg upwards and flipping Seiun into the air. As the boy was gaining altitude, Sagisō's body remained in motion sliding until her torso was caught in the shadow of his body. Tensing the muscles across her body, she let her physical power explode, flinging her body like a whiplash as she lifted into a handstand. Her legs drew a beautiful arc through the air, and with their rising elevation, the whiplashing force in her body cumulated into a kick that landed squarely on the airborne Seiun, once again rag-dolling his body towards Tsuki.

Launching off with her palms, she made a quaint recovery and regained her footing. Fishing two bomb-tagged shuriken from her storage seals, she whipped her arms behind her, sending them in opposing arcs that moved to encircle Tsuki. With her Byakugan the girl was able to accurately decide the speeds and angles of her shuriken despite the location of her target behind her. She'd controlled her tosses so that Seiun and both Shuriken would arrive at the same time. Her fingers had already formed into the symbol for release, and she would detonate both bombs right before Seiun hit Tsuki. The Yuki girl would have to choose between protecting herself from the explosions or protecting her comrade, or perhaps she would figure out a way to achieve both.

Hyōryūgetsu

Amusement sparked in the girl's eyes as her opponent took the time to throw flirty expressions at her. Not long afterward, Kai arrived on scene. Although slightly disgruntled by Kai's appearance, Hyō would've welcomed the Yuki's arrival if his first action after appearing wasn't trying to run his giant ice toy over everything in the field. With Taiyo and Sakura in front of her, and Raiku's crossing of the river and subsequent appearance behind her, she had naturally been boxed between the three Konoha Shinobi. With the serpent's head snapping at Sakura and it's tail moving to skewer Raiku, she along with Taiyo would've been positioned near its midsection, the same midsection the Yuki had sent barreling forth in attempts to kill the flirty-shinobi. She had been woefully underprepared to be dealing with an attack from an ally and had instead been focused on dealing with the explosive petal shower.

Switching tactics abruptly, the girl's lower half liquified, turning into a larger, impromptu version of the instant water jutsu. The torrent beneath her launch her upwards, away from Sakura's petal blizzard, and over the mid-section of Kai's serpent. Explosions rang out below her, but the Ice serpent's bulk was an excellent buffer, and the aftershocks that got past the snake weren't enough to seriously injury the liquid lady. Veins of annoyance covered her face as she landed. She'd already had 2 incidents of friendly fire from the Yuki, and she wasn't pining for a third. The Hōzuki retreated swiftly, evacuating the field and retreating to the comfort of the river.

Mori was a bit disappointed, but he didn't exactly expect it to work. He just shrugged although the fact that Absurd was setting up his Genjutsu was troublesome. Woah, what is he doing this time? He expected a second attack, but instead Absurd threw out some objects and disappeared in his cloak. ....okay then. Not gonna argue with that. Mori was about to grab the card when it flipped over, showing King Mori on it. "Aaah!" He jumped back in fright, although he composed himself quickly. The deformed face of King Mori surprised him and made eye contact, no matter how much he turned his head. Eventually he grabbed the card and began to snicker at the gift Absurd gave them. You have some screws loose, no doubt about that, but you are not half bad. He looked carefully at the card, still slightly unnerved by the eyes that seemed to follow his every move. This is some odd card, what is the reason behind its existance? He accidentally let some chakra flow out of his fingers and his vision soon got obscured by smoke.

As Mori was coughing his lungs out due to the smoke, he saw something move. The smoke dispersed and King Mori was standing in front of him, in the 'flesh' and with a seperated torso. He seemed to wait for something, laughing in the meantime. What the.... He looked at the card which was empty, save for the spades at the edge of the card. Return if possible, please! I don't like this. He fumbled around with sending chakra into the card and a familiar smoke puff appeared as King Mori returned to his card, feeling a draining sensation for a second or so as he held the card. As his mind calmed down, he began to figure out what the card was. It was a summon of some sorts, and it drained his chakra to recharge itself or something after being summoned. Well, that explains why the card exists. It is neat, but given Royal Me went down first and my chakra control is so bad that I summoned it on accident I won't use hiim right now. Maybe later, but I don't know what will happen if he dies.

As he began to figure out what the card was, he began to laugh. This was too good to be true, Absurd gave them all a summon for free! If this was what he could expect when Absurd decided to make him a permanent addition to his cast, he would be more than happy to join. He picked up his notepad and began to write again. "What do you guys have? The royal version of yourself as well?" As he finished writing, he tore the page off, gave it to Tomiko and flipped to the page with the Big Five symbols to sketch a spade, a heart, a diamond and a club. If he returned, he'd have a nice project to work on. Maybe he could make it into a blanket to resemble Absurds cape? Speaking of blanket, he could use one right now. He didn't pay attention to the time in the battle with Absurd, but it was growing colder and the night was drawing closer.

----------------------

Taji's head perked up. She heard new voices inside the cave and they introduced themselves as Oto-nin. The echoing of the cave made it hard to exactly pinpoint the location, but it appeared that they didn't talk to her or her team which means they found the jinchuriki. She turned to Kenji and Darui and mouthed her concerns. "How did they find the jinchuriki without us seeing them? I don't doubt that the jinchuriki will put up a fight, but did they use a Hiding jutsu or something? We would've seen them if they walked in.

Hinagiku

Interesting as the battle might've been, there far more important task afoot that observing a battle between children. As far as the Anbu was concerned, both battlers had a ways to go. Their fighting styles, though well thought out, had much room for improvement. They would mature with experience, the sands of time sanding out their rough edges. That was all in the future. Right now, they were aggressive little tykes with a penchant for high chakra expenditure.

Easing herself from her branchy perch, she fell to the ground. A kunai emerged from her sleeve, and after a deep breath, she deposited the wind around the kunai, casting a wind-blade around the ninja-tool. She gave the weapon a test swing, waving it at the tree behind her. Bark, trunk, and branches were severed like a hot knife through tender butter. Pleased with its sharpness, Hina got to work, humming a light tune as she did so.

A minute or two later, a wooden crashed through the ocean waves, having been carved into the shape of a simple canoe. Seated cross-legged within was Hinagiku. The waves carried the sea-faring vessel along, conserving the chakra of the kunoichi within a pleasant tune drifted from her lips, a light whistle to accompany her journey. She headed straight for Island Alpha, leaving behind a small wake in the waves.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Amari appeared in a flurry of flowers behind her fellow sister. She had no assignment at the moment, but she wanted to do something productive so she decided to help Koki'o on her assignment, only to find her sitting on a cliffside doing what appeared to be nothing. Although, it did seem sort of nice, and her job wasn't one where you had to be doing something all the time. Still, it didn't feel right to just sit there. "Hello sister, I've come to accompany you in your mission. I was bored and there were one too many people in the village at one time. I concluded that you may require assistance here, although it doesn't seem you require it at the moment."

Last edited:
A bead of sweat slowly trickled down young Katsuo's face as Absurd revealed the answers to there questions, being completely thrown off guard by the replies they had received.
"Me.....why me? How does Orochimaru know me...? What.....what does this mean?" The peace seeking shinobi was utterly confused and disturbed. The answers he asked for had only made several more dire questions arise, but now wasn't the time to let this hold him back, he had a mission to complete.
"He expects me to keep this?" Katsuo questioned internally as he tried to clear his mind of the fresh information bomb just dropped on him, swiping the card out of the air for closer inspection. The similarities were uncanny, he had to give Absurd that. There stood a crowned Katsuo lined with sleek diamond patterns, the boys classic confident grin plastered on the copies face.
"Yeah, I don't need to see my own cocky-ass grin all the time." The water-nin spoke aloud, breaking the silence after Absurds grand exit by sending visible lightning chakra coursing down his arm into the card. King Katsuo's grin was slowly warped into a frown as the card began crumpling in the originals hand, taking on a somewhat singed appearance.
"If you two decide to keep those....I'd be careful, just in case. There's something coming off the cards, but I can't tell what." He informed his teammates, crumpling the card in his closed fist before slowly letting the ashy remains get gently swept away by the wind.

~~~~

"Hm...this boys got more problems than he knows of. We'll need to talk once we've returned to Iwa..." Lady Guren noted internally whilst glancing to Katsuo, Absurds words managing to get her attention this time.
"Mm-mmh, well...." Guren cleared her throat loudly, getting the attention of her squad," Despite this interruption, we've still got a mission to complete. Seeing as this little encounter caused a hitch in the road, let's take a more cautious approach. Formation A now, Mori will take center, just like we talked about on the way here." She added a bit cryptically, jetting off into the woods with a single leap, fully expecting her team to follow the command as she chose the best possible route,

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Fourtunately, Taiyo was able to dodge the same head because of two simple things, one, he could hear it coming, and two, the act of flicking was very easy to start and stop. He also had a chance to watch Hyo flee to the river.

Well, that's unfortunate, kinda wanted to fight her more.

I'm sure we will, but first, we gotta defeat ass-cicle and his snake.

Ten-four, uhh, me...

At this point, a familiar red aura began to surround Taiyo, it's flames flickering and flaring in the wind, the Leaf-nin inhaled deeply to focus his chakra that was in the FBS to be summoned to his hand for this jutsu. Exhaling, the FBS master began to perform a hand sign similar to that of the great Fireball jutsu, but it seemed that the signs were repeating, three times over, until Taiyo cleared his throat and spoke six words.

"Fire Release, Consecutive Great Fireball Justu!" At once, three great fireballs were fired towards the three parts of the snake, the head, which had a broken jaw, the body, which lacked it's spikes and meat grinder and it's tail, which was about to wrap up Raiku. Taiyo turned off FBS to conserve chakra, since he might need it if the Jinchūriki couldn't be reasoned with.
Tsuki
At this point, Tsuki now found herself in a tight spot. Not only was her attempt to choke Sagiso rendered useless, but she also had a hard counter prepared for her. Once again, she weaponized her commerade's unconscious body, and with it, the Hyūga Nadeshiko also threw two shuriken with explosive tags on each.

Clearly this particular breed of Xeno has some skills...gonna have to write this down when I get the chance.

Even if she was enraged, the Yuki-nin would never pass up a chance to learn, or at least, her studious mind would not be clouded by any sort of emotion. However, there was still the issue of a unconscious body and two shuriken to deal with, so how did she deal with that? Quite simply, she stopped and dropped like she was on fire, avoiding both Seiun and the shuriken. Now it was her turn to attack, but not before complementing he opponent.

"You're good, I will admit that, and if I was still as new to this as I was three months ago, you would have done me in already, but no, I still have some tricks up my sleeve," Tsuki began to dig deep inside of herself, trying to remeber that moment when she was trying to perform Hama-sensei's signature jutsu, and she remembered her words.

treat it like a sowing needle, hook the thread~.

And so she did, soon, Sagiso became nothing but a price of cloth ready to be knit by Tsuki, and so, a sewing needle of ice soon came to impale the Nadeshiko, unless she had a countermeasure against it of course.

The flames were unexpected. They battered against the already damaged hide of the ice serpent, and within a quick burst of flame and dust, the ice serpent shattered into millions of pieces. Shards littered the ground around Kai, who was left exposed to the elements all around. His expression unknown behind his mask. He pointed toward Taiyo, drawing an imaginary line to Raiku. With the same finger, he drew it to his mask.

“Do you think that defeating the beast was the hard part?” Kai said with a certain satisfaction in his voice. “Hidden justu: Yuki’s Revolving Hell!”

He put both of his hands above him, the ice crystals all floating up from the ground all around him. In no time, he was surrounded by ice needles, shards, and spikes. It got worse. They had begun to revolve around him slowly, getting faster and faster as Kai’s appearance had disappeared due to the ammount if shrapnel in the air. It had transformed into a massive tornado of ice shards! Fueled by the chakra still poured into every inch of the ice, it cost very little chakra to preform

Last edited:
Sagisō

'Cute'. The single adjective adequately summed up Sagisō's impression of Tsuki, or perhaps it summed up her impression of Mist Shinobi in general. Out of all the shinobi villages, the Mist had -without a doubt- created the largest impression on Sagisō with the way their shinobi often acted. Confident, Arrogant, Bloodthirsty... Of the many adjectives usually ascribed to Kiri-shinobi, Sagisō still found 'adorable' to be the most fitting.

From Kai to Kiro, to the little missy she now faced, they all held that characteristic Kiri-pride. She couldn't quite put her finger on what Kiri pride was, nor could she find the exact words to define it, but the attitude was distinctive and unmistakably something that she'd never seen in any shinobi from the other ninja villages. With lofty, unyielding, pride ingrained into their bones, and eyes that sat ontop of their heads, they looked down on the world around them with contempt as if -for some inexplicable reason- they actually believed themselves to be the next Sage of Six Paths.

Completely infallible; proud children of the heavens who were smiled upon by destiny itself. Thrice she'd seen this scene play out. Three times had she seen a Mist shinobi stand before her, that unmistakable brand of shit-eating confidence smeared across their faces. Threefold they, despite all odds being against them, spoke as if the entire world danced within the palm of their hand...and similarly, three times had she looked on with amusement and played along with their little charade.

The first had been Kiro. The brick-headed Uchiha. Cockily provoking her during the Chūnin Exams. Completely confident in his victory -even though he couldn't even navigate a couple hallways. The second had been Kai. A truly lovable Jack Frost. With wild, unbridled, rambunctious, pompousness, he'd actually dared to threaten her in the middle of the Hyūga Clan, as if...through some mystical means...he believed he'd successfully breached clan compounds with the whole clan none the wiser. The third stood before her. A dainty little snow fairy. Her folly still a work in the making.

'What lovely little Kittens they are; assuming the majesty of a Tiger.'

Wetting her lips, she left them glistening. Her eyes focused on the Ice Needle, and her body adjusted itself accordingly, but a modicum of movement that allowed the needle to pierce through her clothing but miss her skin. 'Surprise' appeared on Sagisō's face, but her eyes remained mirthful. 'What shall you do now little snow fairy~?'

Koki'o

"Amari~?" Voice jovial, Koki'o leaned back, her head tossed so as to see what lay behind her. After a swift glance, she returned to staring at the ocean, her visual check on Amari's presence all but completed. "You see, It's not much of a mission after all. I'm only here to observe. Ah! Look at that over there!"

Narrowing her eyes and gesturing with a point, she directed Amari's gaze towards a small blimp that sailed the ocean blue. A small little vessel, and a crew of no more than three. It was the Team from Sunagakure. What drew Koki'o's attention was not the fact that they came from a Major shinobi village, nor the fact that they appeared to be heading right for her current location. It was instead the awkward way their puppet-turned ship bobbed about the ocean waves, and the exotic way in which they were dressed, a far cry from the clothing often seen in the Land of Water.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Amari's attention was directed toward the enemy ship. It was clearly from Sunagakure based on its puppet-like nature. Amari was not surprised by her sister's relaxed attitude toward the ship coming toward them, but she herself did not share said attitude. Amri took out her staff and started to prepare for battle if it came to it. She was honestly just glad there would be something to do rather than just stare at the ocean, which was a rather... unpleasant thing to do with anyone's time in her mind.

The wind flew against the hair of a middle aged Yuki, Jin as he stood at the edge of a pier. His eyes were closed as he faced the dark horizon in front of him. Black clouds swirled overhead, choppy waters crashing against the dock in it’s wake. The gusts of the salty breeze met the troubled face of the head Yuki, his mind deep with the weights of thought.

An evening like this...that’s when it happened. When the light drained out of the world and when Hope had been swallowed by the tounge of the devil. When good intentions and idealism created an abomination. One crafted in the hearts of man and sought to engulf the world in darkness. Polluting the loving memory of one and transforming it into one of despair and misery.

Voices, screams, and pain had filled Jin’s mind. His stern face grew troubled, trying to shut them out of his head. He flashed his eyes open, the voices disappearing instantly. He stood in silence, watching the black sky take over the land.

“A storm is coming.”

Henshina was still sitting at the end of the waterfall cave when the sudden appearance of the spider with the seal on its back caught her attention. "Huh? Is that a seal written on the back of that spider?" She thought to herself. "Move you fool!" Gyuki shouted. Right as the seal activated, Henshina rolled back and landed on one knee, one hand on her kodachi. She saw the sound ninja introduce themselves. She saw Kou with them. "Its that kid from before! He ratted us out!" Gyuki shouted. "Hey you don't know that, maybe these guys are here for something else." Henshina responded to Gyuki in her thoughts. "Uh hey there fellas, is there anything I can do you?" She asked, trying to sound as casual as she could.

Shura looked Kiro's clone with an unchanged expression then shifted his gaze to where he was pointing. "You precision is good but it seems you missed a few, in this area alone there are many more than just 20. Most of them are close together to make it harder for someone to identifie exactly how many there are." He explained. "The strings all seem to be going to a same origin point, no matter where they are they trace back to the same location, its like a spider web." He continued before jumping on to the same branch as Kiro's clone. "If we want to know where this web came from we should follow it to its origin point. I don't want to repeat myself so here." He said before hitting the clone with a palm strike and dashing off towards Kiro's location. He looked back towards Takato and Tayuya. "Move carefully!" He shouted.

The Sound ninja team stood there, in their indimidating pose as the Jinchurki addresses their precense. Kou looked down in shame while Sakon smirked, whipping his hair out of the way of his right eye.

“We heard about the little fiasco at your home village in the clouds.” Sakon sleekly put. “We can give you a safe haven within OUR village. Lord Orochimaru will grant you asylum.”

Zaku gave a sarcastic look to her. “Not like we don’t already have two monster carrying crazies in here. So? Are you comin’ or what?”

Kou kicked the ground, still staring at it. It was as if he made eye contact with her he would be punished somehow. A small squeaking noise could be heard in his pocket, which Kou quickly shoved his hand in

Kiro was pleased that Shura went straight to the point. Even further, the Hyūga didn’t even question his report. There were no insults thrown. No suspicious glances. Just a simple exchange between two shinobi with the same objectives. The young Uchiha respected that.

“I figured-“

However, before the clone could transition into how they should proceed, it was struck in the chest. Luckily for Shura, the clone wasn’t filled with lightning and dispersed normally.

“Damn.”

Sitting up on a branch, with his back against the tree, Kiro began to ponder his next move. It only took him a few seconds to process the information he had just received. Using Shura’s analysis, Kiro predicted that the massive spider web must at least cover a vast majority of the island. There was a high probability that it was some type of trap. However, Kiro wouldn’t rule out the possibility of it being some sort of alarm system. A simple touch could theoretically let the user know their location from across the island.

Secondly, he was able to determine the members in the group and determine their skill sets. Shura was a byakugan user, wielder of the gentle fist which could be used to severely cripple any opponent. Takato was a member of the Nara clan. If he remembered correctly, this teammate of his specialized in a shadow technique similar to the one Azumi used against him. Kiro still cursed whoever taught her the technique. Then there was Tayuya, a member of the Sound’s elite group. Her control of the Doki along with her Genjutsu skills should prove to be quite useful.

As much as he hated to admit it, Hinagiku or Sagisō would put them over the top if they formulated even a half-decent strategy. It still depended on the scenerio though. If they weren’t having a family reunion, Kiro expected that Hinagiku would be on the way if she wasn’t already.

In that case, now it was up to him to decide if he should continue on with the growing dusk. Considering Shura said that his sharingan missed a good amount of threads, the risk was just too high for him to continue on without the Hyūga with such low visibility. Once it was completely dark, then it would just be wise to rest for the night since Takato and Tayuya wouldn’t be able to see anything.

“I guess I’ll wait here then. It’s getting cold as fuck anyways.”

- - - - -

*Tap*

*Tap*

*Tap*

“Oink!”

After hearing Tonton squeal from Shizune’s arms, Tsunade opened her eyes and glared directly at a certain elder standing across the desk. Her facial expression clearly showed the frustration.

“You can stop that now Lord Danzo. Sit if you must.”

Lifting the walking stick only an inch from the ground, Danzo looked up with a neutral expression. It was nearly impossible to see what he was thinking.

“That won’t be necessary Slug Princess.”
There was no remorse in his voice. Danzo didn’t even bother addressing her as Hokage. He referred back to the woman’s old nickname as if he had every right too.

“I’d prefer you address me as Lady Hokage.” A hint of annoyance could be heard in her tone. She knew the elders were petty. Now with the title of Kage, Tsunade expected them to treat her title with respect. Unfortunately that still wasn’t the case.

“Tsunade, if I understand correctly, you allowed not one, but two valuable prisoners to go free. One being a member of Orochimaru’s precious Sound Four. The other is an Uchiha who has been living in an enemy nation. That’s a violation against our village. Fugaku should be ashamed. Same with Hinagiku. I can only describe it as carelessness, letting the byakugan fall into the hands of another village.”

The Hokage let out a sigh after Danzo delivered a plate full of unnecessary complaints. She was surprised he’d left the pig off that plate. Either way, Danzo should know better than to get into it with the Hyūga head.

“Lady Hinagiku should have a tight leash on the prisoners even as we speak. Besides, we have gained an extraordinary amount of intel from the girl. It seems Orochimaru hasn’t been able to control his subject’s mouth. However, if I know anything about my old teammate, he’ll deal with her accordingly should the chance arise.”

Of course no one really knew how Orochimaru worked. But considering they were former teammates for quite a few years, she believed her assumptions to be close.

“You speak as if you knew Orochimaru very well.”

A slight grin began to grow on Tsunade’s lips as she heard his reply. She had heard rumors that the two had been in some sort of partnership. “Hm? Are you suggesting you know more?”

Sensing their conversation was going in an unfavorable direction, Danzo hesitated to respond. Luckily for Danzo, he was saved by none other than the Uchiha Head who opened the door behind him. How ironic.

“Lord Danzo. Lady Hokage. Please excuse my tardiness. Itachi happened to return home just as I was leaving...”

Tsunade placed her right hand up, showing she accepted his apology. “There’s no need to apologize. Family is important, I understand.”

Danzo didn’t even bother greeting the Uchiha. He seemed more interested in what Fugaku had said about his son.

‘So Itachi has returned from that mission. Good.’

Danzo hid a grin as he looked at Fugaku, deciding to question the clan head himself as thanks for the existence of Itachi. “The Uchiha prisoner was sent on the mission to retrieve the eight tails. Are you not concerned that he may escape? Have you even been watching the boy?”

The Uchiha clicked his tongue as if he were annoyed. Why was Danzo so interested in the Uchiha? He’d have to ask his son about that later. For now, it would be best to simply answer the elder’s questions.

“I’ve sent Raiku Uchiha to monitor the Uchiha prisoner during his stay with the Hyūga. If I recall correctly, he’s also in the same mission.”

At the mention of Raiku, Tonton began to grow restless in Shizune’s arms again. For the moment, it seemed even the pig disliked the name. Danzo gazed at the pig before looking back at Fugaku, showing he was unsatisfied with the answer.

“Putting your faith in a genin who failed the first exam doesn’t seem all that wise Fugaku.”

The Uchiha Head shook his head after hearing Danzo. It seemed the elder was quick the label people failures. “The exams were meant to test the genin’s limits. Raiku has already far surpassed his. Taking down a member of the Sound Four is quite the accomplishment. Besides, if I didn’t believe in members of my own clan, I wouldn’t be fit to lead.”

Fugaku glared directly into Danzo’s one open eye as he stated that last line, as if he were questioning the elder’s trust in his own subjects. Tsunade herself held a closed smile, agreeing with the line. As Hokage, it was her duty to believe in each and every villager. Anything less would make her unfit for the role.

“Listen. If even one of them escapes, I will take full responsibility.” That was the Hokage’s duty after all. It was only right that everything dealing with the village, good or bad, came back to her. She gazed back between the two, expecting a response.

“Preferably they should perish as bait, keeping our hands clean. If Lady Hinagiku decides to execute them both afterwards, then we should welcome it. After the incident with the Mist, it would be wise to demonstrate that we still deal with threats accordingly. Especially one that assaulted a clan head.”

Tsunade and Fugaku shared a glance, both of them sharing similar thoughts without speaking.

“If you feel that is better for the village then I won’t stand in your way. The Uchiha are truly loyal to the Leaf. If one of my own were to betray that sentiment, I’d gladly do the same.”

The Uchiha could feel Danzo’s glare on him as he said those words. He knew the old man despised the Uchiha and hated to be proven wrong.

“Nice to hear that Fugaku. If Lady Hinagiku comes back with only their heads, then I’m sure she would have a good reason. However I would like to see how the mission goes before we decide on how to deal with the prisoners. Agreed?”

“Understood.”

Fugaku respectfully nodded with his response, seeming fine with everything. Danzo on the other hand seemed agitated by Fugaku’s responses. It seemed the Uchiha Head was just going along with the Hokage to spite him. Whatever the case, he would get his pawns to figure the Uchiha out.

"Reaver! I sense you are causing a commotion." Azumi called out, as she moved to where she had heard the noises that followed after her conversation with Baiyan. Azumi hoped that Reaver had not gone off the rails again, the last thing they needed was for him to lose his composure and go on a mindless rampage.

Again.

------------
Tomiko heard Lady Guren's call to action, and within a moment's hesitation moved to the right flank of the formation. Her Rejuvination had bought her plenty of time to recover her stamina and treat her heat-inflicted wounds by this point as she was still in her Terra Armor as she struck a guard stance as she kept her peripheral view on Absurd.

Naturally, she too had disposed of her token card in a form of symbolic support with Katsuo.

------------
Immediately the scent of the four disappeared, as they managed to slip into the cave past visual cues which Aisha signaled to Darui's group. Darui internally cursed in his wolf form as he made a non-verbal signal to regroup in their position, which Aisha along with Luna & Sky had been eager to do as they moved back over to where Darui, Kenji and Taji had been in their wolf forms.

Darui, though lip speak given the Oto-nin were there, asked Aisha there they had been specifically as Aisha replied that the four seemed to be right by the Jinchuriki as they tried to corner her from what she smelled. Darui had to work quickly to scramble a plan together. Dealing with the Sound team or the Jinchuriki in a full on battle had been far from ideal. Though the risk that the Sound may end up taking the Jinchuriki by force or swaying it to their side was too much to just ignore. They needed to respond, and respond quickly.

Darui then mouthed off, or lip spoke to be more accurate, an idea. Much as capturing the Jinchuriki had been their objective, if they moved in now it would only give Oto all the leverage to sway her to their side and if the Jinchuriki aided Oto here then they'd be screwed. So they'd have to try a rather bold approach to avoid such a deadly alliance and try to ensure at the bare minimum Oto didn't get it.

"Alright, at this point we have to prioritize ensuring that the Jinchuriki does not end up in Oto's hand. So for now, we have to be willing to present ourselves as reasonable; and be willing to let her go on this exchange. Grant her the freedom she seems to desire, rather than look to recruit her back to Kumo for what she presumes ends to exploit her. If we get across that we'll let her do as she pleases we can discourage her from being persuaded by Oto." Darui said with non-vocal lip sync, and after Aisha translated it with her own lip speak Kenji's own eyes widened.

W-what?

-----------
Sakura winced a bit as Kai seemed to survive the fire attack which destroyed the serpent, not just survive in fact but respond in kind as he began to generate a twister around himself as sharp ice shards and other debris circled around him in preparation.

If Kai managed to fire that at them, it would be trouble. The best way to deal with a twister is to introduce a powerful counter force or shockwave to blow from within to dispel the threat. With the powerful suction on hand, it would be simple to pepper the twister with paper bombs and watch the fireworks. However, Kai could easily escape such a situation, so even as Sakura quickly began to attached a series of paper bombs to a wire with a kunai on the end of it she needed a way to slow down Kai. Stall him so that the chance he could get caught in the blast remained a possibility.

Senbonzakura Style: Paralysis Pollen!”​

From her person, several flower petals shot forward towards the twister as they had naturally been sucked up and became part of the cycle. However, unlike previous flowers that either had been used as sharpened projectiles or attached with paper bombs, these ones seemed to dissolve and emit this yellow-colored pollen that spread throughout the twister. With Kai in such close proximity, it had been inevitable it would drift to him as it became part of the twister and the pollen had a paralyzing agent which would work to quickly stun Kai and try to paralyze the Kiri-nin so he’d be unable to move for a short period. Long enough however for Sakura’s end, as she followed it up immediately by tossing the kunai chain to the twister which predictably sucked it all up along with the ignited paper bombs that sizzled as they moved around and around ready to blow the tornado and by extension Kai away in a blaze of glory.

Naturally, Sakura would work to reinforce her whisper veil with a hand sign, to try and mask their presence from Kai in order to try and conceal their location from him.

-----------
Tayuya made no open commentary, unsure of the terms of "web" had been literal or just a figure of speech as it were. Nor did it matter, as she and Takato moved to follow Shura on the branches once the Kiro clone had been rather needlessly violently disposed of. Takato had been curious of their observations, and given they had been left to their own devices by Hinagiku it appeared they'd need to strategize among themselves.

An annoying endeavor, but one that needed to be taken Takato thought to himself.

"So, do we have an idea of what we're gonna do when we eventually get closer to those signals? It's getting a bit dark which is less than favorable." Takato explained which caused Tayuya to raise an eyebrow.

"What, you and your sissy shadows can't work in the dark?" Tayuya asked as Takato decided to ignore the question and focused on what Shura & the clone had to say. And it seemed that Kiro himself decided that they would not continue forward with the darkness, as he called for them to stop for the night as it was cold when they arrived to his location. Something Takato seemed to appreciate while Tayuya had naturally been indifferent to it.

Last edited:
Baiyan

"...perhaps."

Baiyan turned away, leveling her sword as she listened to the descrescendo of footsteps signifying Azumi's departure. She didn't quite agree with the other girl's thoughts on Reaver, but she hadn't seen much to prove otherwise. A heaven ascending strike, a cleaving of the air; pushing errant thoughts to the back of her mind, she restarted another session of sword practice.

Hinagiku

As the setting sun dyed the waters a mellow orange, Hinagiku's wooden vessel washed ashore on Island Alpha. The faithful flower disembarked, leaving footsteps in the sandy beach as she made her way inland. Veins snaked across her face as her Byakugan activated, but instead of scanning the island, she scanned for her team. "Oh...I suppose I'll let them do their own thing for a while longer." Although she'd found them after several seconds search, the opted not to make contact. She merely observed.

Hyūga Clan -Konohagakure-

Oddly enough, with the departure of the Clan Head, the Hyūga clan became even more active. The Clan grounds were surging with activity as all manner of constructs were erected upon the training fields. The Hyūga defensive faction, the Black Turtles dispatched their troops -who under normal times- hardly left the village. Garbed in full black, golden engravings of the Xuanwu at their chests, fierce looking guards had been stationed at the clan gates, and even along the walls of the compound. Their Byakugan's were perpetually active, and they rotated in shifts every 4 hours to keep them fresh and attentive -not even a fly could enter the Hyūga compounds undetected.

The Clan seemed to section itself off from the village, the members growing secretive in all their actions. They stopped taking missions and they halted all movement outside the village. Those who had been on missions hurried to return, and mere days after Hinagiku's departure, only four Hyūga remained outside the village -herself, Sagisō, Shura and Furijia. However, despite all their secrecy, the Clan gates opened and closed with surprising frequency as Hyūga left the Clan only to return later with veiled boxes -their contents concealed. Many such anonymous crates were brought into the Clan, swallowed by the behemoth family. While they might've drawn a bit of attention to themselves, they didn't seem to care so long as what they were actually doing remained secret. Their operations went smoothly, only a single hiccup marred a perfect execution. While in transit, the cloth on one of the crates had been set slightly ajar, revealing some of the writing that lined the crate.

High_Explosives_Crate_1280__01446.png

--------------------

Within the Hyūga clan itself, its members spoke in hushed tones. A pair of Jonin stationed at the Clan gates spoke to each other, expressions of caution and doubt etched into their features. "Do you...really think all this is necessary? It seems...excessive?"

"I'd agree with you...but they're Lady Hinagiku's orders. If these preparations aren't finished by the time she returns she'll have our heads."

" -sigh- With all the secrecy and heightened security...it almost feels like we're doing something wrong..."

"It's just your imagination, don't sweat it. Lady Hinagiku has her reasons for this, I'm sure!"

"Well, our Clan Head hasn't been known for doing things on a whim... so I suppose you're right."

"Lighten up mate, it'll all work out in the end. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when we reveal that."

The duo of Hyūga exchanged knowing glances and broke into laughter.

As Azumi opened the door, she was met with the sight of dozens upon dozens of trophies littering the floor and bed where reaver sat. Knives, Swords, headbands, And many many other trophies with Kanji written in the subject’s blood. Reaver himself sat with bloody slice and gash marks across his cheeks and face, all of which numbered up to the amount of trophies scattering the room. There were also numerous sliced opened floorboards, cabinets, parts of the bed, and parts of the wall that had bit of metal imbedded into them.

“What do YOU want..?!” Reaver growled gruffly in his deep projected voice.

She just wants to help, don’t treat her like an annoyance. Especially what you’ve done to her.

I CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL I PLEASE! I’m Reaver! And you can go back to the grave where you belong!!!

Shura jumped through the treelines towards Kiro's location, scanning the location along the way. "The number of strings here is quite big, more than I first imagined." He thought. After running for a few minutes, Shura arrived at where Kiro was. He landed on a tree across from him. "Hey, I'm here. You should know about what I discussed with your clone." He said.

Hearing the name Orochimaru, Gyuki got ready to fight. "Alright that's it, they know who you are and they're working for that infamous snake! Get out of here now!" He ordered. "Hey calm down Gyuki. Maybe I can still talk my way out of this." Henshina thought to Gyuki. "Your optimism amazes me." Gyuki responded. Henshina stood up and looked at the sound ninja with a smile. "Well, I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, I don't know of any fiasco that happened in my village." She spoke. "What you're offering sounds nice but I don't think I'm in need of anything like that." She added.

Mori looked at Guren ordering them to take formation, one of many that they had gone over on their way to the Land of Water. He had to go to the middle as he was the weakest member right now, even if he didn't lose his hearing. Not to mention it was getting dark and he would lose his main way of gaining information when the sun set. He sighed and got in formation, he wanted to make some progress before he was completely useless. Right now I could do with mastering my sensing, although I know no sensor types. He shook his head and waited for the group to move.

--------------------------------------

Taji was shocked by the plan of Darui, was he seriously about to reveal themselves after trying to not stand out? That couldn't be, that is just too risky. But then again, the Oto-nin were making moves on the jinchuriki and they didn't have much time to waste here. "Fine, but this better work. If those Oto-nin attack us, the jinchuriki can flee and we're back at the start with lower chakra levels. This has to go perfectly." She mouthed and waited for any following orders, not happy about ditching their original plan.