• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Shura observed at Sagiso as she skipped back and forth between the bamboo poles. "It seems she's already got the basics of the Twin Lion Steps down." He thought when he noticed the chakra form around her arms. He looked at her jumping off the bamboo pole and using it to slide down. Shura listened to Sagiso and understood her hinting for a sparring match. "Is that a challenge? Well, I've wanted to have a rematch against you, and I don't have any other training until later. Let's go." He responded.

Mori was hanging around the Iwa cemetery, stopping a few times to clean a grave or to make sure the offerings didn't fall on the ground. After returning from Konoha with Tomiko and visiting the cemetery, he began to turn it into a habit to take care of the graves and pay his respects. He liked doing it as he felt the people here deserved it. As he was doing his voluntary rounds he began to think about ways to prevent ending up here prematurely. He needed some ranged attacks as he was severly lacking in that aspect of fighting with just two jutsu and shuriken and such. He finished cleaning the final grave and lit some incense before leaving the cemetery.

"Earth Style: Rock Push jutsu!" Mori shouted as he clapped his hands together and formed the hand signs of Tiger, Horse, Snake and slammed his hands on the ground. Two pillars rose from the ground next to him with dragon-like heads on top of them, resembling a totem pole of some description. He trained for three months on this and he hoped to make some progress with it. "Okay, now to see if I can move them." He clapped his hands together and focused his chakra in the pillars to make them move, although they didn't seem to feel like moving. He tried again and again, yet the pillars didn't budge. "Atleast creak a little!" He grew frustrated and tried again. He failed again and kicked the pillar closest to him and calmed down a bit. "Alright, calm down and focus!"

He sighed, clapped his hands together and instead focussed on his own chakra, releasing some of it through his feet towards the pillars and attempted to make them move. He noticed the pillars bend forward a bit in the corner of his eyes, like an animal preparing to pounce and was estatic about it. "Finally! Can I make it lunge?" He lifted his right index finger and the right pillar lunged into the ground about two metres (6.5ft) in front of it. He lifted his left index finger and the same happened for the left pillar. "Sweet, that is amazing!" Mori said as he looked at the smashed ground underneath the dragon heads. He put his fingers back to the clasping gesture which caused the pillars to recoil to their pre-pouncing position and lifted both of his finger, causing both of the pillars to lunge.

"Not bad, I can get used to this." Mori grinned as he picked up a training dummy and put it in front of a pillar and connecting his chakra to the pillars. "Right pillar, go!" The right pillar lunged at the dummy and did a severe number on it, which gave him an idea. He played around with the fingers on his right hand and eventually figured out that the middle finger caused the jaws to open and close. He made the pillar lunge again and got it to bite down on the tattered dummy.

"This is surprisingly good for a rough sketch, it drains chakra like a mosquito though." Mori said after making the pillars to lunge multiple times. "And again, I need to work on my chakra control and capacity. Still, this can be an amazing jutsu when mastered. If I can not only make it lunge but can make it chase a target too. But this is all I can take." He released the jutsu and became light in his head. "Whooo, okay. Steady there." He said as he walked away from the training field, looking like a drunk due to his stumbling around and need to lean against practically anything. "I can't wait to show Tomiko this, if I can make it there that is." He grinned to himself and quickly had to grab a bamboo plant to prevent himself from falling.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Reaver returned the scowl back to Azumi. Obviously she didn’t seem to appreciate any effort or move she made. She was the most proficient ninja in one respect: nagging. He lacked the caring to drive to go through another earful of Azumi’s complaints.

He could just hear them now. “Reaver! Blah blah blah too aggressive! Blah blah blah Kami blah blah no trophies blah blah, Kami.” Bleh. Pathetic. He just groaned audibly in an uncaring manner and moved to the side, keeping watch of their surroundings.

Hama chuckled a bit, putting a hand just hovering over her mouth. She patted Tsuki with her other hand and flicked a white hair back into place on her head.

“Of course darling, though not on seiun of course~”

She pointed to a similar doll to the one Hama dissected only moments before. She urged her to attempt her technique upon it. Hama’s eyes seemed to be glued to tsuki’s movements, oddly so.

Meanwhile....

“KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE._-_/“

An large icy creature looked over a field. It sported two massive arms shaped like scythes. It had six hind legs that it stood on, all of which were smaller talons as well. It also sported a long, Spikey tail that appeared to be similar to a scorpion. It’s back had icy plates that appeared like a type of armor. Last but not least, it’s face had no visible eyes but a audible mouth that was open with six distinct mandibles, a long forked tongue extending from it.

Atop this icy behemoth, stood a different figure. The figure wore a hunter nin mask with a blue ‘X’ crossed through it. On inspection, this figure was none other than the prince of the Yuki himself, Kai! His arms were crossed as he rode his steed, the beast giving a loud roar to life.

“Ice Drone justu: Behemoth.”

A very costly justu on chakra. Instead of creating numerous smaller beings, it created one, much larger and capable one. It sapped 50% of his chakra simply to manifest such a beast. Kai was feeling a bit tired already from calling forth such a beast. It amazes himself that he managed to break his previous record for highest ice drones. So much so he needed to label it it’s own justu.

The behemoth stood 30 feet tall, it’s tail swooping down upon a nearby tree, nearly cutting it in two! The tree cracked, before falling over to the side. This creature held 50% of kai’s chakra, proving powerful enough to sustain it’s own power for long periods of time. Kai nodded his head, wincing a bit at the sudden loss of chakra he felt in his body.

Sagisō

Huffing and flaring her petite nose, Sagisō snorted, battle-intent raging in her eyes, "Then ready or not, here I come!"

Flicking her wrist, a pair of kunai appeared in Sagisō's hand, while a thin steel thread tethered them together. She tossed both kunai straight at Shura, or more aptly at his feet, where the thread between the kunai would snag on his legs, and the kunai themselves would swirl around his legs tying them together. The ninja weapons would then fall into the ground and anchor themselves there, essentially creating a makeshift bolas.

Baiyan

"That's to say...you wish to challenge me, yes? Very well, let me see your conviction, and perhaps I'll join this task force of yours."

The birds chirped to a song of nature as the Yamato Nadeshiko adjusted her stance for battle. Her legs parted and she lowered her body, tilting her body to the side so that her sword arm faced Azumi. Her fingers wriggled and flexed, her hand hovering laterally in front of her, poised to latch onto the hilt of her sword at any moment.

Hinagiku

Rolling her eyes, she gave Takato a harsh look of disapproval, "If we were going to discuss this here then I wouldn't have asked you to lead the way. My meaning was, take me to your old man. I'm sure if this was a matter grave enough to warrant my direct attention, then he wouldn't have given a child all the details of the crisis."

As she spoke an attendant came over to her, handing her a cup of water and a towel. She sipped at the clear liquid, her throat eased by its moisture after a long day of exertion. "Besides, I must also bring him my report on the Sound Kunoichi, she's provided just about all the information we can expect to get out of her. The only thing left is for the Nara and Inoichi to analyze it."

She waved the attendant off, sending the Hyūga to fetch the records that held the information Tayuya had provided them with. The girl had been very cooperative, though perhaps quite unknowingly, and through her almost daily arguments with her Uchiha housemate, loads of information had been gathered. The Hyūga tasked with observing the duo weren't exactly guards, but rather simple observers. They watched the duo interact and then jotted down their words, expressions, or actions as long as it seemed even slightly related to Orochimaru. Their observations had yielded excellent results, in fact, even Hinagiku hadn't expected things to go this well, but on the very first day, Tayuya had encountered the Uchiha and they'd argued, practically confessed the entire situation: the Uchiha boy's 'alliance' with the sound, his motives for allying with them, how he'd betrayed them... practically no secret had been left unsaid.

In the following months, the girl had provided more than enough information to reveal the entire workings of the situation and more. Any moment now Hinagiku expected her to start blabbing about the internal workings of Orochimaru's village and any other secrets she was privy to. If the girl's personality wasn't so outgoing and practically displayed on her sleeve, Hinagiku might've even suspected the girl was deliberately speaking out false information, but as it turned out, her mouth was simply a loose cannon.

Shura stared at Sagiso when she suddenly got into battle position. "Wasting no time huh." He said quietly as he got into a battle stance. Seeing the Kunai with thin steel threads attached to them being thrown at his legs, Shura quickly jumped back and went to pull out his chain. With his hand on the scythe part of the chain, Shura flicked the weight part at the Kunai to deflect them while his other hand slipped into his ninja pouch to pull out three shurikens. "Wind Enchantement." Shura whispered before wind chakra covered the shurikens. He would then throw the three projectiles at Sagiso, each of them curving towards her from different angles.

Mist Village ~ Annals of the Past 3 Months.

It’d been a rather odd month or two for the land of water as Nadeshiko Kunoichi swept across the nation exterminating bandits, robbers, and brigands of every shape and size whether shinobi or normal human. Having accepted the long-term and wide-ranged extermination mission from Kirigakure’s Mizukage, the village of females had been emptier than it’d been in years as teams scattered across the land of water en route to the location of some bandit’s nest or hideout. They’d been very well informed about the specifics of each bandit hideout as Mei had done her research and passed on the information along with the mission request.

Looting the loot of the looters was quite a lucrative endeavor and after the first month of bandit extermination, the Nadeshiko castle had amassed quite the repertoire of coinage, commercial goods, weapons, and all sorts of liquid valuables. They, of course, hadn’t kept much of this wealth. While the terms of their agreement with the Mizukage allowed them to keep 80% of the liquid wealth, they had turned over 20% of the money along with most of the goods. While it might’ve seemed that the village would’ve suffered a loss after doing all the work for only a fraction of the profit -even if that fraction was 80%-, in truth, the other rewards for this mission were more beneficial in the long term. The first thing they’d received from the Mizukage was a tax exemption upon trade with the Mist village, and the second was access to Kirigakure’s mission station which allowed them a greater pool of available missions than if they only accepted missions addressed to Nadeshiko.

While it might not have seemed like much, it was quite the reward for a task as simple as bandit extermination. They hadn’t faced much danger against non-shinobi bandits, and whenever they went against other shinobi, they’d be accompanied by a few trusted aides of the Mizukage such as Ao, Amuda, Karyū, or Nowaki.

====================

While Nadeshiko had been performing their end of the bargain, Mei had been working towards keeping her own. While allowing the Nadeshiko kunoichi to take certain mission not pertaining to village security were well within her power as the Kage, outright elimination of tax would be a bit trickier. Nonetheless, it wasn’t entirely impossible. Using the profits received from the bandit extermination mission, Mei had fueled the activities of a trading corporation which she’d directly approved the creation of. Tasking Chino with the temporary supervision of this trading corporation, Mei had used the chance to make use of the now bandit free trade routes between Kirigakure and the mainland. With ample funds and safe passage, the trading company was able to grow rapidly -primarily due to the bandits, or rather, the lack thereof.

The presence of bandits on trade routes had always deterred trade within the Land of water, so only merchants confident in their guards, or those with the wealth to hire shinobi guards would frequent the Mist’s waters. The trading company had offered to buy the goods off the hands of said merchants at market price and save them the trouble and danger of the sea route. Without the knowledge that the bandits were no longer present, the Merchants were more than willing to make the same profit while passing on the risks to another party. With a large amount of capital secured from the bandit hunts, the task went smoothly, and the trading company had a -albeit very temporary- pseudo-monopoly on trade to the Mist village. The situation only lasted for several days until the merchants grew suspicious, taking notice of the lack of bandits and resuming trade on their own. However, those few days were more than enough for the trading company to swallow up a sizeable share of the market.

Now with a secure channel providing profit and goods from outside the Mist, Mei was able to make good on her promise of tax-free trade by bypassing Kirigakure’s market entirely and allowing the trading company to divert a portion of the traded goods straight to Nadeshiko from international ports.

====================

While she’d certainly accomplished much within the span of a few months, Mei wasn’t done yet. Having used her influence to accumulate wealth in a conniving, but completely legal, manner, Mei proceeded to put her wealth to work. Her first task was actually the bribery of many of the village’s officials and diplomats. Over the duration of a week or two, she’d have a disguised Koki’o approach many of Kirigakure’s diplomats and officials while offering large sums of money to them in exchange for ‘favors’. Some accepted, and some also declined, but the results of the bribery were in fact unimportant. After sending bribes to both diplomats in her own faction as well as those opposed to her, Mei was now ready to take action. Personally leading the effort, over the next week, she seized and arrested any officials which had accepted the bribes, freezing their assets and stripping them of their positions for their crimes.

It was a swift clean up that had taken the village by storm, a swift purging of the fickle diplomats in her own faction as well as the removal of diplomats opposed to her, all while carrying out undeniable justice. Not only had she been able to regain the wealth she’d used to bribe them, but their assets had also been seized by the government, or more bluntly put, by herself and put to better use.

Mei ~ Present Day

Leaning back into her chair, Mei cast her gaze out the window, a sigh of exhaustion escaping her lips. It’d been a rather hectic period of time and she’d had little time to simply relax and de-stress. Even now the clans sought to move as they pleased without regard for her presence. She knew they wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation of Kumo’s escaped Jinchuriki, but did they really believe the office of Mizukage was a decoration?

She rapped her fingers across the table, summoning an attendant. “A mission involving Jinchuriki and armed engagement of foreign forces requires the approval of the Kage! Send word to the clans, I don’t care who they choose to assign to the mission, but the team should report to my office before departure!”

Bowing as he was dismissed, the attendant left the room, intent on passing along the Mizukage’s message.

Sagisō

Glancing at the three shuriken headed towards her, Sagisō pulled out two shuriken of her own and threw them en route to intercept Shura’s. While this managed to divert two of the Shuriken, the last one managed to close in on her, but it was deflected deftly by Sagisō’s palm, the faint glow of chakra surrounding her hand and allowing her silk-steel gloves to resist the piercing effect of Shura’s chakra. Just like Zaku’s decapitation airwaves from months long gone. The impact still caused its fair share of blunt damage to Sagisō’s hand, but those bruises were negligible. Staring towards Shura, Sagisō smirked.

“I’ll tell you a secret; you know...there’s a reason I grow my hair this long~!”

Crossing her arms, several shuriken and kunai appeared between Sagisō’s fingers and she tossed them outwards. “Nadeshiko Style: Crimson Dance Performance – Crimson Sieve!” The flurry of shuriken were tossed out with wild abandon, and several more followed behind them. The second set of shuriken were thrown with even more force and speed that the first set, and soon the shuriken collided in mid-air, their trajectories changing as the bounced off each repeatedly other raining down on Shura with no pattern.

Azumi gave a nod as she also assumed a battle stance. Which in her case involved removing her umbrella from her back as she assumed a sword-stance with it; extending it in front of her as she eyed Baiyan with a determined glare.

"I thank you for this, I will show you that conviction is the one quality I possess in spades." Azumi said before she made her first move. As she quickly shot and lunged forward as she appeared to aim for a forward stab at Baiyan. However, it was but a faint as she pulled back from the strike just as quickly.

At the same time, she twisted the handle to open a compartment at the top of it. Said comparment fired a pair of senbon aimed for Baiyan's chest as Azumi had her umbrella pointed in Baiyan's direction. Azumi naturally had no desire to kill Baiyan...but she was not about to treat her as a fragile package either.

----------
"Alright, got that soda can Jirou?"

"Right here Tomiko."

"Hey Hoshi you got that wrench?"

"Right here Ren."

"I need duck-tape sis!"

"I don't have it? I gave it to you last!"

"Nah uh."

"Uh huh!"

"Miu, Mio! I got it right here."

"Thanks Naomi."​

In what appeared to be some run down shed in the junk yard of the slums, Tomiko and her crew seemed to be in the midst of constructing what appeared to be some sort of sled made of scrap metal parts connected together. Tomiko, careful to keep the feather Yasu gave her in her hair & secure, as she seemed to tie down an old bed sheet to a pole as Tomiko stepped back to admire their handywork.

"Well, I think she is sea worthy." Tomiko said with a grin as Hoshi rolled his eyes.

"It's not an actual boat Tomiko. You igna...igno...ig..."

"Ignoramus?"

Hoshi shot a glare at Jirou, who had a sly smirk as she "corrected" his attempt to say the word. Hoshi childishly stuck his tongue out as Tomiko rolled her eyes with an amused grin before she jumped on the back of the sled and urged the others to do the same.

"Alright, let's take this baby out for a test run~!" Tomiko called out as everyone in the group grinned as they all hopped on before Tomiko made some hand signs as she used her Earth-Release to help push the dirt sled forward. Soon enough it began to gain speed, and when they found a hill to go down in the slums...

"WOOO!"​

They were off, as they rode along the ground on it at ever increasing speeds through the slums. As people looked on with curious stares or had to move out of the immediate path as the gang all seemed to enjoy their ride through the town.

Unaware of a certain older woman who observed them from above the tallest building.

-----------
Soon enough, Kenji and Aisha had been brought into the Raikage's office, where Rika had been waiting for them as Samui's brother Atsui who had been right behind her and seemed to have brought her over just as Samui. Ay gave a nod to the pair.

"Good work, dismissed!" Ay said as Atsui and Samui vanished in a blink of an eye. Kenji knew, or at least percieved, that they were in big trouble and felt it'd be best to speak up given they were in the presence of their leader and his top aid in Darui.

"Lord Raikage..." Kenji started to say before a slight shiver of intent from Ay had silenced his words. As the well known temperamental if not slightly impulsive Raikage stared him down.

"I don't want to hear your excuses. I merely want to know about this girl, and her reason for being brought here in full detail. Immediately." Ay said as Kenji swallowed a bit, and given the jig was up he decided to come clean and began to tell the entire story to Ay with as much detail as he could muster.

----------
Shizune moved by Tsunade as she prepared to jump to her Hokage's defense if needed, while Sakura was a bit alarmed Taiyo decided to display his new fire transformation as an intimidation tacit before Tsunade; who herself simple stared Taiyo down.

"H-hold on a second Taiyo....let's not forget we are all on the same side here. Don't do something you'll regret." Sakura warned, as she tried to get Taiyo to back down before a fight would break out.

"Well, he has guts. Should count for something least if I was the one calling the shots."
Sakura and Shizune's heads turned as they saw Kakashi Hatake as he sat by an open window behind Tsunade's seat. Naturally, he had a copy of Icha Icha Paradise out as his lone eye scanned the pages lazily.

"K-kakashi Sensei?" Sakura asked as she seemed surprised while Tsunade let out a sigh while she glanced back to the Jonin.

"You know, you have a habit of spooking the unaware. Also, you are late." Tsunade said as Kakashi let himself into the office as he offered a light shrug while he kept his eyes on the pages of the book.

"Black cat was in my path, had to find an alternate route." Kakashi said in defense, which prompted an almost automatic reaction from Sakura.

"LIAR!"
Tsunade shifted back to Taiyo as she thought over his argument. While it seemed curious as to how a Genin managed to defeat one of Orochimaru's famed guards "alone" he did show he was more than the standard Genin and Jiraiya clearly had to see something to take him under his wing.

"Well, our numbers are thinned to an extent. So if Genin are needed I will trust yours and Sakura's judgement on the mannor. Though I'd advise taking Hatake with you in your recruitment so that he can evaluate if your picks are legitimate considerations to take on such a mission." Tsunade said, as she seemed willing to concede to Taiyo's request so long as he accepted that concession. Which only caused Kakashi to raise an eyebrow as he had but one reaction to the news.

....and of course Guy would be out on a different mission now of all times.
----------
Takato listened as Hinegaku quickly corrected him as he let out a sigh. In truth bouncing back and forth between the Hyuga and Nara Compounds had not been what he wanted to do but given the situation and the fact he likely was only annoying the Hyuga Head all the more which had not been his intention.

"Yes my lady, apologies." Takato said as he would begin to lead Hinegaku away from the Hyuga Compound back to the Nara. Naturally Tayuya, who had overheard the conversation, internally cursed at herself as she punched her practice dummy with increased frustration and fury.

Me and my fucking useless, shit spewing mouth! How much info did the Hyuga bitch get out of me!?

Comparative to the grand, multi-layer complex that the Hyuga made their home the Nara was a more modest facility. Like a string of high end community homes strung together to create a network.

Naturally, one could blame the laziness of the Nara for this. While not untrue, one would argue that they lacked the general funds that the Uchiha or Hyuga got. Besides, there was a charm to the place as evident by a fountain that the Nara head Daichi. Who was in the middle of a game of Shogi with another Nara member and was in a comfortable advantage as he glanced over to the new arrivals.

"Ah Lady Hinegaku, I see you got the message." Daichi asked as he just finished his game winning move as his focus shifted to the Hyuga Head.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Powering down, a grin grew on the Leaf-nin's face. It was similar to that of a smirk, but without the smugness, only satisfaction.

"That is fine with me, Ms. Tsunade, I trust both Sakura and Mr. Kakashi's character judgement. Thank you for this opportunity, and I know just were to go, so if you, I'd like you to follow me," Taiyo left the presence or his Kage, intending to traverse to the Hyūga manor, this time entering normally as opposed to breaking in.

Maybe I'll get to see Furījia again, it's been a while and I would like to talk to her again.

You gonna flirt with her, aren't you.

No I wasn't! At least unless we fought, then that'd be different.

Tsuki
The Yuki-nin carefully examined the doll, imagining a string in the process. The imagined string became a rope, the rope became real, which she then used to ensnare the doll. Once the doll was relatively close, Tsuki gave it a confident look, before imagining a type of needle that Hama used, and the kind that her mother used to sow her clothes before they disappeared. However, the memory of her missing mother affected or rather distorted the needle. Instead of being perfectly shaped, it seemed a bit more rigid and sharp, with mini-icicle sticking out of it. It only pierced once; coming through the doll between the legs and leaving out the head. Once the "needle" was back in the Yuki-nin's possession, the doll began to contort before becoming an icy mess. Tsuki looked upon the remains with an amount if contempt as a single tear began to well up in her left eye.

Mom....
Seiun
The rouge shinobi merely watched his mistress perform the technique, which was a rollercoaster of emotions. First intrigue for what Tsuki had planned, then amazement for what she managed to achieve, then mild concern for the tear that was welling up.

Maybe it was painful for her to do that, I should try talking to her.

Shura watched Sagiso deflect his attack. He then heard Sagiso shout about why she keeps her hair long. "There better be, or else it would just be impractical." Shura responded before seeing the flurry of kunai and shuriken Sagiso threw his way. He saw them bounce off each other, changing trajectories while flying towards him. Pulling his mask up, Shura pulled back his chain. Observing the projectiles until they got closer. Throwing his chain in the air, Shura flung the chain around until it formed a spiral around his which deflected all the projectiles flying his way. Looking back towards Sagiso, Shura spun around and whipped the weight end of his chain her way.

Last edited:

Hama watched as Tsuki struck true into the dummy, her thread weaving into The dummy. A small smile began to form on hama’s face, creeping across it. She was pleased with the results of Tsuki’s Training, and to see her technique used by her disciple gave her great pleasure. She looked over to Tsuki, about to congratulate and praise her...until a lone tear shed from her eye.

Her smile faded Upon this sight, her thread she held in her hand snapping in two. She opened her mouth to say something, that is, before a gem on her wrist began to glow. She analyzed the pattern, deciphering it. Her eyes grew wider and wider when she realized what this meant. She put her sleeve down once more and snapped her fingers.

“Right, enough practice. Onto the real thing!” Hama announced. “We have a high priority mission, S rank to attend to. This may be perhaps one of the hardest missions you will do in your lifetime, be warned. Where is Kai?”

“Come on Kai, focus!”

Kanshi was in front of kai, or more accurately his giant ice drone. The ice creature was whoozy, teetering back and forth much like Kai. It seemed to share a similar connection to kai’s mind, including his work out state. Two large targets were set up, made out of logs with a painted center. The ice drone shot out an ice spear from it’s mouth, missing it’s mark yet again, onto a pile of missed ice spears. Kanshi seemed desperate to get Kai to hit something.

“Kai! Shoot it as if it were a Xeno invader!”

Kai’s face scrunched up under his mask, the ice drone firing again, bucking the side of the target, but still missing. A step to be sure, but not enough. Kai breathes heavily, the ice behemoth. beginning to melt.

“I...think I need a break.”

The ice behemoth collapsed, turning into a swath of water, washing him downhill from where he was training. Kanshi made a whistle sound, watching Kai wash out. The ice behemoth really held a lot of water... kai finally stopped once he hit the legs of Hama, right on que. he gave a cough of water, using his bloodline to take the water out of his hair and clothes and splash them onto the ground. Hama gave him a sly smirk.

“Decided to join us, prince?”

Mori eventually made his way into the slums, ignoring the glances others gave him for his behaviour and focused on finding Tomiko. "She'd probably be with her friends, and we still need to spar! Not exactly in the best condition right now but I can't get rusty now, can I?" He said with a weak grin. He looked around and managed to stand up right and saw a hill he'd need to scale which caused his shoulders to slump. "Just my luck, the day I get absolutely drained from training I have to scale a hill. Welp, might as well start getting up it since whining won't help me."

That's when he sensed a chakra signature coming towards him, he heard the voices of happy children, he saw a makeshift sled come down the hill and felt it crash into him. His low chakra levels made him less responsive and his neglect of chakra training came to bite him in the ass without any delay. "Ow, who is steering this bloody thing?! Are you nuts? Wait for snow to fall to use a sled you rascals!" Mori said as he got up from the ground and reached for his tanto, that is until he saw the culprits that hit him. "You guys?" He tried to talk but his surprise to see the gang on this sled made him look more like a fish out of water.

"So I treat you all for ramen and keep Tomiko alive for you and this is the treatment I get? You made a sled and took it for a test ride? I'm touched, quite literally." He said with a grin and tried to straighten himself although he needed to lean on a nearby trash can to stay standing. "I knew my chakra capacity was bad but sheesh, this is annoying. So which one of you got the idea to make a sled and terrorize the neighbourhood? Was it you, Miss Usagi?" He said with a taunting tone as he looked at Tomiko, curious to find out about this sled idea.

Sagisō

"Do you think you'll make it in time..?"

Her eyes calmly observed the approaching weighted end of Shura's chain. Perhaps if Shura had observed her battles during the Chūnin Exams, then he would've known to expect this tactic, but right now -at this moment- the one truly in danger was him. Casually, Sagisō mouthed the name of her next technique, knowing Shura would be able to read her lips. Wind Release: Verdant Mountain Gale.

The shuriken scattered around Shura quivered, some shooting from their position on the ground straight towards Sagisō's opponent. The shuriken hadn't been so knocked very far from Shura, and the distance between them and Shura was less than the distance between Shura's chain and Sagisō. Fueled by Sagisō's wind chakra, they would reach him long before his chain could reach her, so if he truly chose to continue with this attack and trade blows then he would lose the spar.

Hinagiku

"Indeed I did, Lord Daichi. Now, what could be so important that you had to send someone to fetch me in these already troubling times?"

Baiyan

While she wasn't able to see Azumi's attack, the girl had no problem's reacting to it. But rather than the senbon themselves, what she'd reacted to was the faint sound produced by the internal mechanisms of Azumi's umbrella. As the swordswoman reoriented herself, twisting her body slightly so that the hilt of her sword was aimed at Azumi, she flooded her left hand -the one currently holding her sheath- with chakra.

"Nadeshiko Style: Iai - Air shot."

Rather abruptly, her sword rocketed out of its sheath, coated with wind chakra as it sliced through the Sky with wild abandon. Iai - Air shot, was a sly technique generally used to take the opponent by surprise. By funneling wind chakra into the sheath of one's sword, they could use the pressure build-up within the sheath to eject the blade like a bullet.

As the sword flew hilt-first, the air currents disturbed by it deflected the senbon, and the weapon continued on a collision course with Azumi's umbrella.

Shura heard Sagiso’s remark. “What?” He said before noticing Sagiso mouthing her jutsu and the shuriken and kunai around him quivering then shooting towards him. “Huh, So that was her plan.” He thought. Shura jumped up while also flicking his chain downwards which caused the weight end that was flying towards his opponent to anchor into the ground. He weaved a few hand signs then shot an air from his mouth which he used to flip over the projectiles around him. Pulling on his chain, Shura pulled himself towards Sagiso who he is aiming a drop kick towards.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku with equal amount of sweat and bruises as Kiro deactivated his Sharingan and refilled the oxygen in his lungs.

“I’m not one to be cocky, so don’t expect me to get ahead of myself anytime soon. Though perhaps I could say the same about you, considering after trying to ripoff a Kage’s technique you try fighting a clan head... though I do admit for a fake Uchiha I’m surprised you’re able to use the Sharingan to such a capacity, at least in Taijutsu.”

Raiku thought back to the reason he and Kiro were sparring at the moment and shook his head.

“How does it feel, I wonder. Being a prisoner of war without belonging to any village. Do you expect to be here until you die? Maybe you’ll be set free eventually... I wonder what you would do then.”

Sagisō

A cold smirk came to Sagisō's face as Shura was forced to redirect his attack in favor of escaping her shuriken. She watched carefully as he maneuvered her way out of the encirclement and launched into an aerial attack. Her eyes flashed with contempt, and she lowered her stance, bending slightly at the knees. She crossed her arms above her and absorbed the impact of the drop across her forearms, bending her knees like springs to disperse the power from the blow. She didn't stop there though, in the next second her hand had clamped down onto Shura's leg, and with a swift twist of her waist, she prepared to toss Shura overhead and slam him into the ground.

Azumi had expected a reaction fro Baiyan, though not the detail of the sudden projectile attack, and as such had been well prepared for a response.

Azumi had pulled back her umbrella the moment the senbon had fired, and folded it open as she raised it above her head and just managed to jump above the sword and avoid the sudden sword bullet.

Slice!
For the most part, as it appeared the blade caught a water canteen Azumi had on her belt and sliced it in two, which caused water to spill around the impact area. None the less, Azumi floated over Baiyan and landed behind her as she gazed her with her usual composed expression as she quickly flashed hand signs.

"Water Style: Serpent Strike Jutsu!"
From the newfound puddle on the other side of Baiyan, a snake head rose and quickly shot itself forward at Baiyan. Its fangs aimed to try and bite the wrists that Baiyan had once held her sword with as the canteen destruction seemed not so much an accident but one of design. At the same moment, Azumi folded up her umbrella and kept her gaze on Baiyan from behind.

-----------
Tomiko and company had been enjoying a ride for the ages, when they noticed someone appear in front of them which caused Tomiko's eyes to widen.

"Look out!"

However, her warning had come a second too late, as they crashed into the guy which caused their sled to steer off course as Tomiko and company tumbled out of it. Not a moment later, the blame game already had began among them.

"Nice steering Jirou!"

"Don't look at me Ren! Hoshi was the one in charge of that."

"Nah uh! Mio and Miu were the drivers."

"Nah, Miu was supposed to steer. I was lookout."

"No I was lookout and you were supposed to steer!"

"I-I thought Tomiko had the job though..."

Tomiko shook her head as she glanced over to whoever they hit...only for her and the group to notice it was Mori who, in fairness, took the accidental collision in good spirits. Though he seemed a bit weak as Tomiko walked over and offered a hand to help provide stable support. Using the other hand to rub the back of her neck as she had a sheepish grin on her face.

"Y-yeah....it was my idea. S-sorry about that, we really didn't see you there. We've been working on this baby for quite some time. Works great~! You know...m-minus steering issues." Tomiko said in apology to Mori.

----------
"And then we came here, and because I figured that she'd never be accepted here as an outsider, I convinced Rika to give her a medical green card. And that was my idea, so the fault lies on me, no one else."

Kenji finished explaining the story of how Aisha ended up in Kumogakure, and it seemed to be a lot for Ay to take in. On one hand, one of his own ninja helped to get a foreigner within their borders and as such was grounds for punishment and in Aisha's case imprisonment or worse.

On the other hand, if Kenji's account was true, then Aisha technique did not belong to the Leaf and could stake her home anywhere. Not as if members of prominent ninja clans living in other nations had been an abnormality given the Uchiha of Kiri. Given Aisha had helped improve Kenji's skill, something Samui reported on when she observed them in secret for the past 3 months from time to time, combined with her incredibly useful utility given her Inuzuka heritage Ay saw an opportunity. One he could not pass up as he faced the trio in the room though his focus was on Aisha.

"Tell me Inuzuka, do you have any close relationship or ties with the Leaf?" Ay asked, which was a basic enough question. Course Ay would likely not trust her complete word he was curious how Aisha would answer rather than the answer itself.

"W-well, not much contact. I have yet to meet with members of my clan and really have not spent much time as I aided Kenji in foreign matters which took me out of the village." Aisha explained, and it was the honest truth though whether Ay would believe her remained to be seen.

----------
Kakashi and Sakura soon followed suit to the Hyuga Manor, as Sakura seemed curious to see who Taiyo would select while Kakashi seemed occupied with scrolling through the pages of his Icha Icha Paradise.

Though despite his cool demeanor, he had the mission on his mind and would be mindful in who Taiyo selected. Kakashi had been...surfing the files of those ninja on the teams that took down the Sound Four and was curious to see what such "famous" Genin looked like in person. With a reliable amount of skepticism of course...ninja reports often exaggerated any given claim to add to the grandeur of it all, so it was his job to see what truth there was to them.

---------
"Well, Lady Hinagiku to put it bluntly. It appears Kumo lost its Jinchuriki. Word of our foreign spies reveals that the host is on the run, which means it is essentially up for grabs." Daichi said, as he had gotten up and served two cups of tea. Daichi had no way to know if Hinagiku had any desire for tea or not, but he figured a gesture for a fellow clan head as he took a sip of his own before he faced Hinagiku to continue.

"And, our new Hokage is fearful that the snake Orochimaru will take this chance to add the Host to its ranks. Allowing him users of Tailed Beast under his ranks is simply not an option. As such, it is urgent that available forces mobilize to form search teams to find and apprehend this Jinchuriki before he does." Daichi said as he took an additional sip of his tea before he added on.

"Naturally, it won't be just Kumo or Orochimaru interested in a runaway Jinchuriki. No doubt the other nations will catch wind of this." Daichi added, as he seemed to want to stress the danger that likely came with the mission.

Takato observed, but had refrained from a comment. Simply playing the role of a sponge and soaking all of it in.

Last edited:
Mori gladly grabbed Tomiko's extended hand as support and couldn't help but grin at the situation. "I guess I should wear a big red flag next time I come here, that way you see me. I must say, that sled of yours is pretty tough. Although you might want to wait for snow to have fallen to use it since using Earth Style a lot, atleast that is what I assume what you used to move it forward, can be rather taxing on your body, just look at me for an example." He said as he looked at the sled.

"Steering might not be the problem because the high speed makes it a bit hard, may I recommend brakes of some sort? Like a trash can tied to it or some Earth style jutsu to slow it down enough to pass people. One roadkill is more than enough, don't want it painted red by the blood of the victims it crashed into. We already have a metal killer out there, of course I mean our buddy Reaver with that." Mori looked around at the rag tag crew of the sled before turning to Tomiko and lowering his voice so that the group wouldn't hear him.

"But that's not why I'm here, I'm here to tell you that I volunteered as a member of the Jinchuuriki search party to find the jinchuuriki that fled from Kumo. This is a huge opportunity for Iwa, wanna join? Besides, you most certainly did more than just crash into people with sleds so you must have gotten stronger or learned some new tricks, right? It would be a nice way to scale our strength to others, we can see what to expect from our spar that we still need to have and you might even see some old friends like Yasu. Ren is capable enough to take care of these guys so you don't need to worry about them. It is an amazing once in a lifetime experience, but in the end it is your decision and I can fully understand if you don't want to go." He whispered, visibly excited to go after a living weapon that could kill him like a fly.

Last edited:
Shura frowned when Sagiso blocked his attack then grabbed onto one of his legs. With his back facing the ground as Sagiso was slamming him towards it, Shura acted quickly and bent his back, catching himself with his arms which as he extended he outwards. After stopping himself from hitting the cold hard ground, Shura retaliated by throwing a kick towards Sagiso's face with his other leg.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
The manor soon appeared within the Leaf-nin's peripheral vision. It was at this moment that Taiyo knew that he would have to come up with a plan to not get Sakura and himself almost killed, assuming Mr. Kakashi could put down the copy of Icha Icha Paradise and protect himself.

Oh yeah that reminds me, I need to catch up on Icha Icha Paradise myself.

Taiyo, focus. How are we going to approach this situation without getting ourselves killed?

Oh yeah, thanks Taiyo. So there's no need to put a filter on the matter, just say the facts and I'm sure it'll be good.

"Hello, I am a representative sent by Mrs. Tsunade Senju concerning the matter of the Jinchūriki," The FBS master attempted to sound as formal as he could addressing the matter.
Tsuki
Wiping the lone tear away, Tsuki returned to a default demeanor, albeit with a slightly cold edge.

"We'll I'm sure that you've sufficiently trained us to handle such a mission, Hama-sensei, please elaborate on the mission," The Yuki-nin requested with an uncharacteristic monotone voice, perhaps in an attempt to forget about her mother. There was a lot of repressed feelings on that topic, and Tsuki preferred it to stay repressed.

I'll have to tell them eventually about my mother, but I'll hold off on that as long as I feel nessesary. Besides, when has emotion ever interfered with my work?

Hama glances back at Tsuki, who had seemed to try and put her personal feelings wrapped up. Hama pretended not to notice this to spare her feelings, hama’s eyes drifting shut. She gave a small smile.

“The naïveté of the young, think they can take on the world.” Hama spoke with her smooth voice. “It’s that attitude that kills entire units of people.”

Her voice grew chillier, it appeared she didn’t care much for that way of thinking. She waved a hand, bending Kai up by the remaining water in his clothes, before plopping him on his feet. She turned her back to the group. She exhaled a large plums of mist. As she did so, the mist took the shape of a woman, an ominous energy seeing to eradicate around her as illustrated by the cloud of mist. Hama pointed to it.

“We are after this. This is the eight tails jinchurki, our target. It’s current trek would send it into our territory, our job is to sieze it and prevent other nations from laying claim to it. If you show weakness, she will kill you on sight. Do not let up on this target. She cannot be reasoned or bartered with. I suggest you sound the target heavily before we take it in. I will be coming with you personally on this mission.”

Zaku, Sakon, Kidomaru, and Kou all jumped through the trees, en route to their destination. They were well packed for their journey, each one with a bag full of supplies. They had a long trip ahead. Kidomaru looked to his left, where Jirobo used to travel during these sort of trips. He would miss the big oaf, but it was only a matter of time before the fatso choked on a dumpling or something anyway.

Kou whistled a tune, the same tune from their dancing night after the invasion. This seemed to be a contrast to the sound’s cold hard demeanor. Zaku looked to him, Kou traveling alongside him.

“Heh, look who’s fittin’ in.” Zaku smirked. “Your tree jumping like a pro now!”

“Heh...WOAH!” Kou chuckled a little bit, almost losing his jumping rhythm. “Uh...heh. Guess I am! Not such a weakling anymore am I?”

“You sure aren’t a tayuya, that’s for sure.” Sakon mentioned. “Don’t think for a second you will be getting in the sound four.”

“I wouldn’t wanna anyway, you guys wear those ridiculous bows...eck.”

“Why you little-!”

“Ha, I’m not the only one who thought that?” Zaku laughed.

“At least we don’t have tubes for brains!”

Baiyan

"Nadeshiko Style: Tsubame Gaeshi!"

As if she hadn't realized that Azumi had maneuvered behind her, the White-Eyed Lotus advanced, gracefully striking out with the left arm and the scabbard clenched within her fingers. With a deft movement, she sliced keenly through the serpent of water that advanced towards her. Without pause, she continued forward, the light squish-squash of her steps into the damp soil and grass as she glid over the newly formed puddle of water. Her speed was impressive and in a few moments she'd caught up to her sword as it flew overhead. The birds chirped to a tune of nature and Baiyan jumped, accurately snatching her blade out of mid-air and sinking it into her scabbard with a very audible click. She landed lightly, floating down on the wind as beautifully a drifting flower petal.

"The First...two more left."

Speaking casually, but cryptically, she turned around to face her opponent, the distance between them had widened considerably.

Sagisō

Snorting in disdain, Sagisō found her current position slightly reminiscent of her battle with Katsuo. The only difference was that instead of being thrown she was not the one doing the throwing, and rather than counter with a reverse grab as she'd done, Shura had chosen to press his attack. Letting her knees buckle beneath her, Sagisō dropped to the ground, letting Shura's kick soar over her head. In the same motion, she countered, and her leg shot out in a sweeping motion, aiming for Shura's arms. Her hands reached for the ground, intending to use it as support as she followed up her attack with a rolling kick.

Hinagiku

Nodding her head in thanks, her hands found their way to the cup of tea, and soon the liquid filled vessel found it's way to her lips. When she'd taken a calm and lengthy sip, she returned her teacup to the table and spoke. "Oh...how quaint, Kumo usually isn't this incompetent."

A light smile curved its way onto Hinagiku's lips and she spoke with chilling sarcasm. Her gaze was void of the greed and desire for a Jinchuriki, instead, it flickered with a barely concealed cunning and schadenfreude. "The Hyūga would me more than pleased to accept this mission; any information relevant to the mission would indeed come in handy." Hina spoke formally, almost absentminded as she seemed to be steeped in thought. After a short note, her eyes regained their clarity, "I, however, digress. We've finished collecting all the data about the incident between Uchiha Kiro and Orochimaru, the sound kunoichi was...very cooperative."

Retrieving the files from the sleeve of her robe she gave them a light toss, allowing them to soar towards Daichi.

Shura scoffed when he saw Sagiso duck out of the way of his attack. Seeing Sagiso attacke,pt to counterattack, Shura pushed off the ground with his arms and using the momentum of his kick, flipped over Sagiso. He reached into his ninja pouch and pulled out a couple shuriken. While still in the air, Shur athrew the throwing stars at Sagiso while she performed her rolling kick attack.

Sagisō

Clicking her tongue in slight annoyance, Sagisō tore a page out of Shura's book and using her hands she pushed herself away, watching as the throwing stars sunk into the soil of her previous position. She rolled across the ground, gathered a few minor scrapes along the way but nothing particularly hindering. Rebounding, she lept to her feet and calmly waited for Shura to get his bearings.

She's briefly considered counter-attacking instead of dodging, perhaps by shifting her rolling kick into an aerial kick by switching to a handstand, however, she'd still need to deal with the Shuriken he'd thrown. Her eyes fell down the sandals wrapped around her feet. Their soles were rather thin, rather than being the stilted sandals, and she doubted their ability to block the shuriken. She noted this, reminding herself to change her sandals so that they could be more aptly incorporated into her combat style.

Three months prior, Kiro thought he was an average taijutsu user at best. Upon hearing Raiku acknowledge his improved taijutsu skills, Kiro nearly believed his limited training had paid off. After all, it was quite a feat standing up against a three-tomoe sharingan user hell bent on teaching him a lesson. Raiku was also the first person he had sparred with during his time with the Hyūga. Perhaps it was his stubbornness that had prevented him from asking for advice. The fear of publicly humiliating himself once again also lingered in the back of his head. Though Kiro believed he was average, he had realized how horrid his technique was after only witnessing a few brutal Hyūga training sessions.

After spending time observing the rather brutal Hyūga training sessions while he was ‘relaxing’, Kiro would go off to train on his own. Of course Kiro would never publicly admit where he drew his inspiration from. If anyone noticed similarities, the uchiha would blame the sharingan’s insightfullness. Then again, Kiro was guilty by association. The eyes were like a cheat code, allowing him to memorize the techniques with near-perfect accuracy. Memorizing Hyūga fighting patterns or how they chose to attack their opponents was also a bonus.

The Hyūga were monsters with taijutsu, but that was mainly due to the perks of the byakugan. Techniques such as the gentle fist allowed them to take advantage of their capability to view chakra points. The memory of his own chakra points being shut down in a certain cave was usually the first memory to resurface as an example. Unlike the Hyūga, Kiro could never hope- actually it was impossible for him to replicate that technique. So he did the next best thing and analyzed the style instead.

Unfortunately with only two tomoe, his sharingan had limits. The first time Kiro saw the Hyūga head in action, he thought he was going blind. After the second viewing, Kiro decided to have his eyes checked by the Hyūga medics. When the reports came back negative, it was during the third viewing when he realized his eyes weren’t matured enough to fully comprehend her technique. Even the other Hyūga were scrubs compared to her.

There were times when he considered questioning the reason behind certain tactics but his doubt always held him back. It was common knowledge that the Hyūga and Uchiha were rival clans, perhaps at the highest level. Even though Kiro himself didn’t want to participate in his clan’s squabbles, the fact remained he still was an Uchiha. No matter how hard Kiro tried to distance himself from it, he knew that’s all everyone saw of him. Had there ever even been an Uchiha with the similar style of a Hyūga? Sure the Hyūga were generous but would they be willing allow an Uchiha prisoner learn directly from them? Kiro didn’t bother asking during the three months. Instead, he took the basics and just trained on his own.

Raiku was probably expecting to trigger Kiro by bringing up the Uchiha once more. Unfortunately, during his time as prisoner, Kiro had learned how to settle down when communicating with those he disliked. Sharing the same living quarters as Tayuya also helped him deal with constant annoyances. Kiro was still annoyed that Raiku was the Uchiha to check on him every once in a while. The tension between them was at an all time high and they finally had come to blows. By trading fists, Kiro had come to understand the work Raiku had put in. No longer was the Uchiha who stood before him a complete failure. Well atleast he knew Raiku could back up his words now.

“Cool it with the negativity. Being a prisoner here isn’t that bad. The Hyūga have been generous with me. I get free food, a nice place to live in and unlimited access to the training grounds. What more can a prisoner of my caliber ask for?” Kiro responded in a good-natured tone, showing that he took no offense to Raiku’s question. Then again, the Uchiha has an attitude and he wouldn’t be surprised if Raiku took his words the wrong way.

“Anyways...” Kiro took another breath before deactivating his own sharingan. “I hate to admit it but this duel was enjoyable. Next time you come back, I wouldn’t mind giving you a taste of what I’m truly capable of. That is if you’re up to it?” Though Kiro said the last few lines with a hint of cockiness, there was a part of him that lacked confidence in his other abilities.

Shura landed back on the ground after his shuriken attack. "Tch, still no clear hit in from either side." He thought as he processed the sparring match thus far. He looked back and noticed Sagiso observing her footwear. Shura raised an eyebrow. "Taking your eyes off of an opponent could lead to one's downfall on a battlefield." He said. Shura sighed then put his hands together in a jutsu sign. "This is fight is going nowhere the way we're progressing, I'll show you something I didn't get to last time we fought." He said before chakra started generating around him. "Cyclone Mount!" He shouted, a wind vortex forming around him. With his speed greatly increased, Shura dashed pass Sagiso before bouncing off a tree and throwing a jump kick her way.

Azumi glanced ahead as she took note of Baiyan's speed, precision and grace as she destroyed her serpent before she sped through her puddle and caught her own sword before she faced Azumi and gave her cryptic warning.

Azumi merely raised an eyebrow, before she focused on the task at hand. As she charged ahead quickly while she made several hand signs.

"Water Style: Condensation Needle Jutsu!"​

The damp soil that Baiyan made as she ran through the puddle soon releases the freshly splashed water from the spoil into the air as they took the form water needles that were shot forward at Baiyan; which seemed to target her legs.

Azumi had not been done though, as she also tossed her umbrella into the air and had dozens of sharpened senbon descend towards Baiyan which seemed to aim for her chest and shoulders. Azumi's plan appeared to be to strike Baiyan from nearly all possible areas with small, but quick projectiles even as she worked to close the distance between them.

------------

Tomiko heard of Mori's break suggestion, which was an oversight that the group realized was a bit more significant than expected. Especially given Tomiko failed to act as her actual role of being the break with her Earth Release.

But that was secondary, though it gave a distracting thought for the crew as Mori whispered the important piece of information. Which caused Tomiko's eyebrow to raise in confusion.

"Um...what's a Jinchuriki?" Tomiko asked, as the term was not common place among civilians or lower ranked ninja and Tomiko lacked whatever insider knowledge that Mori developed to be familiar with the term.

Regardless, at the mention of the offer and what to expect Tomiko's face became serious. If his word was true, then this would be just the chance she needed to see just how far she had come. How much she had grown, and she knew that she could not pass this up as she turned to Mori with a smirk.

"Whatever it is, I am in." Tomiko said, her resolve clear and even some excitement evident. This time, she'd prove she wasn't a failure like that internal nightmare insisted she was. She's show Mori, and anyone they met how much she had changed.

-----------
Daichi, even in mid-sip, easily snatched the file that the Hyuga Head had apparently obtained from the Oto-kunoichi. He took a moment to set his cup on the table before he opened the file and gave a lazy gaze up and down it. Daichi had long since developed a knack for speed reading, and even with that while he couldn't read all the information he could at least give himself a brief summary as he soon closed it and faced Hinegaku.

"Huh, sure all this can be taken at face value? I've heard of your method with this...seems plausible that the girl could spill false information to throw a wrench into things. Excuse me if I am skeptical is all." Daichi said, as he'd provide the information to Lady Tsunade all the same. If it was legit, it would go a long way to dealing with that threat.

In any event, he reached into his own pocket and pulled out a scroll. A scroll that continued the information presented to Konoha from their spies as he'd toss it Hinegaku's direction.

"This is the information we have. A condensed version, but the Jinchuriki was last seen fleeing Kumo borders. It is believed that the Host is alone at the moment." Daichi further explained to her as Takato soaked up each and every spoken word like a sponge.

-----------
Formal or not, the Hyuga Guards exchanged glances with each other as they considered his words before Kakashi decided to interject himself.

"I can vouch for the pair. We are here on official business." Kakashi insisted, though his eyes never left the pages of the book which only caused Sakura to scowl.

Can't be bothered to put that book down to even talk to Hyuga Guards.

What do you expect? He's a big pervert!

Regardless of Sakura's internal complaints, Kakashi's word had been more than enough to gain the guard's trust as they nodded before the opened the compound doors and allowed the trio passage inside.

Sagisō

Magenta pupils constricted slightly, capturing the blur of movement as Shura started funneling his chakra. Without a doubt, he was fast, but not the fastest she'd seen. In fact, she was confident in out speeding him if push came to shove. While he used wind chakra to increase his speed, she was no stranger to the concept, her flickering wind shadow accomplished precisely the same thing. Except whereas his Cyclone Mount was a controlled release of wind chakra that greatly enhanced her speed, her wind shadow was an overbearing surge of chakra which pushed her speed beyond the limits of what her body could handle, which was why it always resulted in injury.

Sagisō rarely used the wind shadow, preferring to save it for surprise blitzes or last ditch escapes. When Shura dashed past her, she made a hand sign of her own, creating a single clone that appeared next to her. When Shura's soaring kick came flying in, she and her clone were mirror images, pushing each other so that they both fell out of Shura's flight path -and more importantly- putting themselves on either side of Shura as his kick was now aimed between them.

Sticking out her tongue at Shura she bid her time, waiting until he was passing between herself and her clone before both Sagisōs would flare with chakra and begun revolving. Both the real and clone Sagisō would perform the rotation, hoping to catch Shura between the chakra grinders.

Furījia

'True spearmanship came through stability, stability came through balance, and balance through control. One's spear should be steadfast and deadly when thrust, its aim true. Only through the balancing of the entire length of the spear could this be achieved. Such balance required precise control of one's muscles, swinging the weapon as an extension of one's body.

The Spear is the King of Weapons, it will not be mastered through shivering hands and a quivering heart.'

Those were the earliest words the young Hyūga could remember hearing from her Sensei. They were words she took to heart. Words she repeated to herself everytime she picked up her weapon. Words which molded the essence of her combat style.

These words were also why the Heiress candidate, Furījia, was currently perched between a pair of poles; her legs poised 180 degrees apart from each other as her heels rested on each of the poles perpendicular to her. Her elbows were tucked in and her hands outstretched. Across her palms lay the shaft of her weapon, Riajū, and on either end of the weapon were two small weights.

Baiyan

The frantic twitters of the surrounding songbirds provided a fitting accompanying melody the displayed battle. From the rapid squishes Azumi's footfalls made as moved and the increasing frequency with which they resounded, Baiyan could tell the girl was approaching her, and rather quickly at that. She could also tell sense the chakra fluctuations created by the myriad of liquid needles that were the vanguard to the girl's charge. Leaping backward, the cloth of her garments floating in the wind, she began weaving hand signs. When she landed, she immediately pressed her palm to the ground, "Earth Release: Practice Brick Technique."

A single tablet of rock flipped itself upwards, creating a wall that both obstructed Baiyan from view, as well as served as a shield. She listened keenly as the senbon and needles hit the wall, creating rapid, consecutive thunks.

Hinagiku

Catching the airborne scroll, Hinagiku commented, "If she was capable of spending the past 3 months with each and every utterance being a lie, then we'd never get any information out of her even if we had better methods. I've yet to meet a person who can weave every single word spoken over 3 months into a grand deception without a sliver of truth, and do it as easily as breathing."

Shura eyed Sagiso creating a clone then performing a simple maneuver to dodge out of the way of his attack. Shura noticed Sagiso sticking her tongue out at him before beginning performing the motion for a rotation. "Trying to taunt me huh." He thought as he put his hands together to form a hand sign. "Air doppelganger." He said quietly as he suddenly shot upwards and a wind clone replaced him at hi previous position. The wind clone would bust into a blast of air which would intercept Sagiso's rotations. Shura spun downwards, pointing his arms at Sagiso and her clone. "Vacuum Wave!" He shouted, firing a chakra wave at both Sagiso.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
The Leaf-nin bowed respectfully to the Hyūga guards, pleased with how well the encounter went.

See, not everything had to be some mad, violent stunt. No neck-snapping or pressure point hitting nessesary.

Eh, Mr. Kakashi did all of the heavy lifting, but a peaceful resolution is a peaceful resolution.

Entering the manor, Taiyo could now appreciate the beauty within, likely because he wasn't held at bladepoint by an entire clan like he was three months ago. There seemed to be a fight or spar going on between the guy who had him at at the point and a girl who looked vaguely familiar, perhaps he met her in the cave from the Sound 4 invasion. The FBS master winked at the latter as he examined for any kunoichi or shinobi who would be suitable for this endeavor. Fortunately, Taiyo found his first target in the form of Furījia, albeit unbeknownst to him. He sauntered over to his friend, who seemed to be practicing with a spear.

Save the flirting for later, buddy. Right now, we gotta recruit some people.

I know, I'm simply studying a candidate.

That's a first, since when have you ever studied..anything?

....shut up.

I Would if I could but I can't so I won't.

Tsuki
“We are after this. This is the eight tails jinchurki, our target. It’s current trek would send it into our territory, our job is to sieze it and prevent other nations from laying claim to it. If you show weakness, she will kill you on sight. Do not let up on this target. She cannot be reasoned or bartered with. I suggest you sound the target heavily before we take it in."

These words echoed through the Yuki-nin's head as she began scribbling like crazy in her notebook, despite there really not being much to write about.

Jinchūriki...where have I heard that before...? Maybe I read it in a book when I was indulging in some light reading, of course, I wouldn't remeber every little thing I read, that would just be silly, now wouldn't it?

What intrigued Tsuki the most was the strange energy that surrounded the woman. Specifically, she wanted to know what the source of it all was, and what sort of powers it granted her.

"I will be coming with you personally on this mission.” The elder Yuki added before Tsuki began her observation, although that faded into the background, although it was acknowledged by her.

Naturally, we need every trump card we have, and Hama-sensei definitely has the most power and experience out of all of us.
Seiun
Standing up, Seiun also began to take a look at what he and the other members of his cell would be dealing with. However, due to his lack of knowledge of the subject, he was more relaxed on the whole ordeal, simply due to not fully grasping the danger of the situation or maybe it was just arrogant indifference.

"So, thats a Jinchūriki. Doesn't seem like it should pose much of a problem for the four of us. Not to mention this news has likely spread to other parts of the village, who are likely sending their respective strongest cells. What I'm saying is, we have an army against one person, no matter how strong she is, she's going to tire herself out, and we'll win due to our strength in numbers,"

Reaver watched the cat fight before him, the little kittens clawing at one another, throwing water, mud, and other such substances at each other. Reaver just laughed deeply to himself shaking his head.

“Aw, how cute. Maybe I should toss in some catnip.”

Hama looked over to seiun, who spoke up amongst her explaining the mission and Tsuki taking notes. He made a proud declaration, or perhaps arrogant declaration about the situation, and that they could easily overcome the jinchurki with numbers. Hama chuckled walking over to seiun.

“Oh ho ho, darling, you’d pray to ever god you know that you do. If not, then if that tailed beast were ever to release it’s full power on our village...well let’s just say all of us...”

She tapped his nose, with a smile on her face and a sing song voice in her throat. After tapping his nose, a small icicle instantly froze and grew there.

Would cease to exist.

That held cold in the air, even Kai withheld a Xeno comment he was about to make. He twitched, looking down. If they screwed up this mission, they could possibly lose their entire village? But is that really possible? Could that Xeno hold that much power? It should be dealt with immediately!

Zaku’s contingent jumped across the trees, racing over a river. His new weight was a little problem to him as far as endurance was concerned. He had trained his muscles up in the past months for this type of contingency, but even that could only make up for so much. Not only that, but his stomach began to talk to him. He groaned.

“Ah man, I’m getting hungry.”

“Then eat something from the pack.” Sakon mentioned.

“Orrrrrr we could go there!” Kou pipped up.

They all looked to where the little kid had pointed. To their left was a small ramen stand in the middle of a clearing, a path leading from it. It seemed like a rest stop made for this very purpose of feeding travelers. Rather convient all things considered.

“Hm...we really shouldn’t deviate from our course.” Ukon muttered.

“But, to concoledate on resources, we can stock up here rather than use rations.” Kidomaru elaborated, toying with the idea. “Sounds like a tasty idea.”

“Fine! But only for a few minutes. We mustn’t Dottle.”

And so they leaped to the ground, making their way toward the ramen stand. Zaku was immediately drawn to one of the chairs at the bar like stand, taking a breather from his aching joints. Kabuto REALLY should have installed something for this weight...then again that would just add more weight.

“5 ramen bowls.” Sakon practically demanded from the owner.

“5?” Zaku raises a brow. “But we are 4-“

“Ahem.” Ukon flared from the back of Sakon, scowling over to Zaku.”

“...Oh.”

Kou drifted off, looking off in the distance. His mind must have been playing tricks on him, because for a moment, he thought he saw two men in black robes walking the opposite ways of them, with a scorpion tail and a yellow pony tail. But people can’t have tails, pffft that’d Be funny though.

He couldn’t help but wonder about Tomiko while drifting off. Just how was rock queen doing? Did she become the rock queen? Did she get her skin back- eeeeeck.

Kou still remembered the sickening sight he left her with. And then he was saddened. He wasn’t sure if she were even alive. He just left her for dead against a big metal devil. He still
Felt bad for that...he could only pray she was doing ok

Mori looked surprised at Tomiko for a while before realising that she probably didn't know the term, and really he shouldn't be surprised. He only knew the term from his parents after spending a day in the library and noticing that some old books mentioned the term. "Jinchuriki are, to put it bluntly, vessels. You know that some villages have Tailed Beasts to their disposal yet you never see them? That's because they are sealed in humans who are called jinchuriki after the sealing. Jinchuriki have access to the chakra of the Tailed Beast inside of them and their abilities."

"Take for example our own Four-Tails, its jinchuriki can use its Lava Release as if it was their own. This makes them very efficient war machines although there are cases of the Tailed Beast rebelling against its jinchuriki and killing it, which I can understand to be honest. I wouldn't want to be sealed against my will either. If we can capture this one, Iwa will gain so much more respect and power than it has right now. There might be some inaccuracies in the info I just gave, but it should give you a decent idea of what we're up against." He whispered to Tomiko. "Oh, and one last tip. If I were you, I would tell them that you are going to find a lost person who is not a big fan of ninja. I know it sounds mean, but they wouldn't let you go if they knew you were going after what is basically a bomb that go off at any time." He said as he nodded towards the gang.

"So if you are ready, go visit the Tsuchikage which is that big building over there and make an appointment. He doesn't like it if you go through the window, trust me. After you're done, shall we meet here again and test how good that sled is with brakes? I am curious about it. I will leave a note at my place to inform my parents about the mission so that they won't miss me." Mori said with a big grin as if he didn't just tell Tomiko that he volunteered to go on a glorified suicide mission.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Taji Kuramoto entered the Raikage's office and saluted him. "Lord Raikage, the bandits have been taken care of and the stolen items were returned to their previous owners." She said as her eyes glanced over towards the other people in the room, in particular Aisha. "With all due respect Lord Raikage, why is there an Inuzuka here? I thought that they lived in Konoha and we can't use outsiders since the event that happened three months ago." She was not happy to see a stranger here, they could very well have tried to take advantage of Kumo missing its jinchuriki and tried to attack the village, leading to her capture. Or was there an other reason for her presence here?

Last edited:
Azumi came to a dead stop when Baiyan formed a wall; her regular senbon stuck to it as their path came to a dead stop while the water needles struck and broke apart on contact. Which resulted in the mud wall and the base floor being soaked. With the umbrella in the air, a shadow had been cast between Azumi and this wall that Baiyan generated Azumi quickly acted on it as the unexpected wall provided ample opportunity, ignoring Reaver's little jab...

"Ninja Art: Shadow Possession Tendrils Jutsu"

With the faintest of whispers, Azumi's shadow extended before her and traveled forward. Said shadow gained a boost in distance thanks to the umbrella's shadow which allowed it to travel to the base of the wall Baiyan had formed and soon began to quickly travel up it. Along the way, the shadow would soak up the splashed water along the wall's base and the wall itself which caused it to take shape into the liquid shadow tendrils of Azumi's design as it used the additional shadows of the senbon attached to the wall as it allowed the tendrails to gain speed, distance and even begin to branch slightly apart.

The second they peered over the wall, they charged down and towards Baiyan quickly. Azumi aimed to take advantage of Baiyan's obstruction of her view of her and tried to strike her knowing she was behind the wall for the moment as the tendrails aimed to lock onto Baiyan's shadow and would try to wrap and immobilize the swordswoman.

----------
Tomiko listened as Mori began to explain what a "Jinchuriki" was to her, and it was both informative and fascinating. Creatures of such power, being placed in humans and being able to use their power. Tomiko could not ignore the...darker undertones of such a set up, and going after such an entity seemed incredibly dangerous. Something Mori seemed to sense, as he whispered that false claim to say to the group.

Tomiko frowned. She never liked lying to them, they were practically family, but she had to concede that Mori was right. It was better they didn't worry as she gave him a nod.

"I understand, I'll tell them something to ease them and then say goodbye to my folks. I'll be at the Tsuchikage's office ASAP." Tomiko said with a nod as she walked over to her crew and began to come up with a false story Mori provided as they seemed to believe her words enough. After all, Tomiko had never lied to them before so why would she start now?

"Alright, be careful Tomiko. We'll be fine here." Naomi said with a smile, as she held Mr. Snugglebottom close as Tomiko gave the pair a hug before she gave a nod.

"Don't worry I'll be fine. When I am back, we'll get working on that sled to build some breaks and go for another ride!" Tomiko said to the group as they seemed to believe her words easily enough. Soon they would begin to push the sled back up, Tomiko using Earth Release to help guide it as she turned to Mori with a nod.

----------
Ay, along with everyone else in the room, turned their attention to Taji as she gave her mission report and also expressed her concerns as to why Aisha was there. Understandable questions, and Kenji preapred to reexplain the story to her but Ay cut him off with a gesture before he faced Taji.

"Good work. As for who she is, she is indeed an Inuzuka. And of the Land of Fire...but she is tribal, with no connection to Konohagakure. In fact, if Samui's word is to be believed, she has only helped Kumogakure to this point by training Kenji. Her main reason for coming along if Kenji is to be believed." Ay said, as he glanced suspiciously at Aisha which caused the girl to feel a shiver, but she stood before him all the same. After a minute of thought, and a glance to Darui, Ay sighed as he faced the group with all eyes on him.

"I've seen nothing from here to suggest ulterior motives. To this point, and with a Jinchuriki on the loose we need all available hands on deck to get it back. And I believe she'd be of use to help track her down. The Inuzuka are tailor made for such a task. However, I want to ensure that she doesn't try anything if there are any ulterior motives...so she along with you and Kenji will be placed under Darui's command." Ay said as he glanced over to Darui, who seemed annoyed to be tasked with this but he knew he had no choice.

"Understand boss." Darui said as Ay glanced back at Aisha before he whispered something inaudible to Darui. Ay never cared fro subtly, but he'd rather not have to deal with "whining" if they heard his added request to Darui.

"Keep a close eye on her in the event she does anything that could lead to the Jinchuriki's escape or apprehension by a foreign nation."

----------
Daichi listened to Hinegaku and let out a sigh. He had no means to dispute the Hyuga's logic, even if he felt she had been disregarding of any false information the Oto-nin might have fed in the months. So he simply gave a nod as he took the information she provided him and would set out to present it to the Hokage.

"Very well, you have a good head on your shoulders. I and the village thank you for your contributions. I trust you will send word to Lady Tsunade about who you decide to rope in with you on this mission. Proceed with caution, and choose wisely." Daichi said before he vanished as he had left to go to the Hokage's office. Takato observed the entire time in silence, unsure of what he could say or really if he needed to say anything. Though he did have one thought in his head.

I really, really hope she doesn't place me in consideration...

Baiyan

Hands hovering over the hilt of her blade, Baiyan had been prepared for Azumi to vault over the wall and leave herself open to an attack. She was, however, sorely disappointed with the pitter patter of steps faltered, suggesting the girl had cut her charge short. She remained still for a moment, allowing the wind to caress her face and sweep across her hair, traveling along it nature's backdrop, an undertone of creatures -primarily avians- humming with content.

Baiyan didn't remain still for long, as her brow quirked in surprise and she muttered a sound of astonishment. When Azumi's shadow tendrils crested the earthen wall, what awaited them was the distinct ringing of the Abyss Orchid, the obsidian blade flashing from its scabbard and severing the upper section of the wall. The sliced earthen slab slid from its position and fell to the ground, disrupting the shadow tendrils as the sought to slither across it. Even then, with caution, Baiyan retreated, followed by the clarion clink of her sword as it was sheathed.

Her brows knitted in a mix of confusion and curiosity, she voiced, "I've never experienced a jutsu like that before... It's almost as odd as your pet. Quite the queer thing it is -that pet of yours- and rather talkative too. Its name was Reaver, no? I didn't know that those of its kind could grow intelligent enough to replicate human speech. Is it perhaps an oddity among its species?"

She heaved a sigh, a hint of admiration in her voice, "You were rather lucky to contract a beast such as that one, but perhaps you should work on expanding its vocabulary, its mouth is rather crass -don't you agree?"

Sagisō

Feeling the impact of Shura's vacuum palm against the dome of her rotation, Sagisō took that as her cue and she and her clone both stopped rotating. While rotation was an excellent defense, the speed at which she spun caused her vision to distort, meaning that she couldn't accurately respond to threats without the activation of her Byakugan. As she slowed her rotation to a stop, both she and her clone retrieved Shuriken from their pouch -thin metallic wires attached to each ninja star. Using the last of their angular momentum they throw the shuriken in an arc and used the strings to guide their flight path. From both sides, the shuriken began to revolve around Shura, seeking to ensnare him within their metallic tendrils.

Hinagiku

Nodding slightly, but remaining silent, Hinagiku stayed for just a while longer -long enough to drain her teacup- before she arose and headed back for the Hyūga clan. There was much to prepare, and little time in which to do it.

Furījia

Eyelashes fluttering up and down, the Hyūga -immersed in her training as she was- was awakened by the presence of another person. Her eyes scanned her surrounding swiftly finding and locking eyes with the uninvited intruder. He was male, somewhat familiar to her, and seemed to be rather friendly, but -most importantly of all- he also appeared to be staring up her skirt. Realization hit her like a 5-ton truck, and her tranquil, stable, mindset that had just been achieved through meditation, was immediately shattered into a thousand pieces -and through the cracks- a well-spring of embarrassment flooded her mind. Needless to say, she flushed, her cheeks turning scarlet. Her mind reeled as it scrambled to find a proper way to deal with the situation. Eventually, it went for the most direct and appropriate solution. She threw Taiyo a dirty look, one that was filled with scorn and resentment; but failed miserably as her embarrassment and introverted personality got the better of her. Rather than the despising, rage-filled expression she was aiming for, what came out was a cute, blushing glare; her rosy features and eyes that seemed to swim everywhere except Taiyo's face, appearing somewhat coy.

However, even if her face betrayed her, her mouth would not -or so she wrongly assumed. Accusatory and judgemental were light years beyond her ability to express at the moment, and instead, shyly, like a bashful maiden in the spring-time of love, she stuttered, "P-p-pervert!"

Her legs drew together, blocking Taiyo's view and allowing her to drop to the floor. Her fingers clenched tightly over the shaft of her spear, and she glared up as Taiyo, the blush on her face now setting her features aflame. Unspilt tears of frustration welled at the corners of her eyes, and again she accused bashfully, "P-p-pervert!!!"

With a deft movement of her wrist, she caused the shaft of her spear to quiver, the two weights attached to her spear falling to the floor as a result of the motion. For the third time, she accused, "P-pervert!!!"

However, this time, her words were accompanied by the whooshing howling of the wind as her spear tore the air in front of her asunder, intent on running Taiyo through.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Truthfully, Taiyo felt thrown off by the actions of Furījia, until he discovered that his eyes were indeed peering up the kunoichi's skirt. Nothing in the world would get him to admit how much he enjoyed the sight.

Crap, this is Mr. Jiraiya's fault somehow, I don't know yet, but it's his fault somehow.

He continued to study the Hyūga's facial expression, which appeared to be blushing and calling him a pervert whilst stammering, whic sent him even more mixed signals. Fortunately, things became much clearer soon, unfortunately, that came in the form of a life threatening situation.

Ohhh, shes trying to kill me....wouldnt be the first to be honest. Fortunately, I can deal with killer women.

Before the spear could prematurely end Taiyo's life, he grabbed it and merely helped contribute to Furījia momentum whilst sidestepping. He prepared a classic "come on taunt and a wink to greet her as she got up, waiting for an attack.

This is a bad idea and we could die

Can you try to be positive for Once?

Okay, I'm positive that this is a bad idea and we will definitely die.

Well at least you tried, that s what matters.

Seiun
Once again feeling uncomfortable with his teacher's...unusual way of addressing him, however that paled in comparison to the words that succeded the nose-booping.

“Oh ho ho, darling, you’d pray to every god you know that you do. If not, then if that tailed beast were ever to release it’s full power on our village...well let’s just say all of us... would cease to exist.

These words caused Seiun to sharply inhale, now fully understanding the severity of the situation.

"Oh....that's...not ideal. So....how do we fix this so we don't all face extinction?"

Can I address how much I feel that her touching my nose like that is a euphemism for something? I don't know what, but I feel like it is...eh seems unlikely.

The air went still. Reaver listened to every word that came from baiyan. Every. Word. Words echoed through his head: Pet. Pet. Pet. Pet.

Reaver’s machine revved up, smoke pouring out in clouds from his back tubes. The sounds of gurgling fluids were heard and the sounds of something getting hot. Hotter and hotter! Reaver swerved around to Baiyan, the head covering of the suit coming off temporarily to show his face, covered with the gas mask apparatus attaching to it.

PET?!?!?” Reaver yelled. His eyes somehow even sharper than usual. “I don’t care who you are! I’m going to wear your veins and arteries like a necklace!!!!!”

With that, the casing came over his head once more. It was on. He angled his two heavy arms toward baiyan. In a swift motion, two pillars of fire erupted from ports under the arms. He yelled in his deep voice as the scorching flamethrowers howled toward her with a mighty roar.

Was reaver done? You’d be a fool to think so. From his back fired several spherical devices. They flung into the air and hit the ground. Upon impact, each sphere exploded violently. They were covered with paper bombs! Dozens hit the ground, carpet bobbing the whole zone as he continued to lay waste with his flamethrower.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Negativity...? Is that what he considers my curiosity? Then again... I guess my questions were sorta dark. Not that surprising the Hyuga would treat him 'good,' though. They're all about "nobility" or whatever.

Raiku raised an eyebrow at the last bit, but that quickly turned into a small smile.

"I'm sure I can handle a little electricity from you. One of the perks about not reaching the end of the exams... I don't have to show my abilities but I can observe others'. Plus I highly doubt you weren't limited enough as a prisoner that you could develop something else... as a Genin— sorry fresh Chunin I'm not sure you are even able to have more jutsu up your sleeve."

Shura watched Sagiso and her clone pull a a shuriken and throw them at him. He observed the throwing stars and the wire attached to them. Acting quickly, Shura pulled out two throwing stars of his own, covered them in wind chakra and threw them above him. The shuriken would then curve down to deflect Sagiso’s shuriken then fly towards their throwers. Meanwhile, Shura spin his chain above him before throwing the weight end toward the real Sagiso.

Furījia

To be truthful, the girl hadn't completely lost herself to rage. She'd just wanted to get back at Taiyo in her embarrassment. She hadn't gone for anything particularly deadly as she hadn't even utilized her chakra, and had expected him to dodge rather than grab her spear. However, she'd clearly miscalculated, the boy was obviously more unfamiliar with her than those she would frequently spar with, and thus had no reservations grabbing onto her spear where others would falter from caution -she was, after all, known to channel lightning-natured chakra through her spear.

Taiyo's actions had caught her completely unprepared, and thus she truly staggered after he'd helped her spear along with added momentum. She admitted, she probably deserved that for attacking so suddenly, and she turned around to apologize -only to see the little skeeve confidently, and unabashedly provoking her with a smile on his face. As expected, she felt slighted. While she may have been childish and timid, she did still belong to one of Konoha's noble clans, and arguably the most prideful of the lot. Her expression flickered back and forth between embarrassment and anger, and eventually, the latter won out.

Holding her spear against her chest, the bladed edge angled upwards, Furījia advanced a single step. Her cyan pupils gave way to milky white as her Byakugan revealed itself; her voice soft, she spoke slowly, "First stroke..."

She drew her spear downwards, and as it descended it picked up speed, once again causing to wind to howl out in resistance. However, in an instant, chakra flooded her spear, the black shaft glimmering with light blue inscriptions as arcs of lightning wildly danced across the weapon's body. The remaining distance between her spear and Taiyo was covered in almost an instant and the screeching wind came to a halt, immediately drowned out by the crackle of lightning-natured chakra. She glint in Furījia's eye was no longer timid, instead, it was now aggressive, overly so; and she deigned to finish her words, "...Thunderbolt."

She spoke for her own satisfaction, as it wasn't likely that Taiyo would've been able to hear her, in fact, she couldn't even hear herself. The sound of voice had already been blown away by the crashes and rumbling of thunder, booming as her spear descended upon her opponent.

Baiyan

"Oh dear, quite the feisty one isn't he?"

Muttering to herself, Baiyan swiftly began weaving seals, retreating backward step by step, each step seemed to meld into a rhythm of motion that followed along to the song bird's musings and the scattered booms released by Reaver's explosives. On her third step, she slammed her foot into the ground with far more force, the ground before her trembling as it welled up into a small semi-circular wall -Earth Release: Earth Shore Return.

She immediately dropped to her knees, taking refuge behind the earthen structure as Reaver's flames arrived. The wall baked in an instant but didn't collapse, the earth she'd used had, after all, been soaked in Azumi's water-style beforehand. A cloud of steam erupted from the wall briefly blanketing Baiyan's immediate surroundings with a smokescreen. It would obstruct her opponent's vision, but nevertheless, she was eager to get rid of it. Her hand held fast to her sword, and from her kneeling position she slashed out, covering the blade with wind-chakra that tore apart the brittle wall before and kicked up the fragment and debris into a dust-storm. Her weapon found it's way back to it's sheath with a resounding clink, as the biting wind swept forward, carrying with it dust, debris, and most importantly of all, many of Reaver's circular explosives that were en-route to Baiyan. Since she was further away from Reaver than Azumi was, the Lotus took the opportunity to create a squall that provided a better focus for Reaver's carpet bombing, namely the location around Azumi.

Needless to say, any spare water that might've been left from Azumi's water-style was immediately scorched away by the successive explosions that began to trail in Azumi's direction. Even more dust and debris filled the air from the blasts and covered the field in ash, soot, and dirt. As Baiyanhad expected, Azumi's coordination with her summons was rather pitiful, or perhaps he simply had no intentions of coordination from the start. Either way, in which he wildly assaulted the area was far more dangerous to Azumi that it would be to Baiyan, especially since... A benign smirk crossed Baiyan's lips, and she mused to herself; "It's about time I go on the offensive, no?"

Sagisō

With a swift yank, both Sagisōs pulled on the threads connected to their shuriken, effectively pulling the shuriken out of the way of Shura's attempted deflection. His shuriken sailed right past her own, continuing their downward path towards the Sagisōs. More occupied with the task at hand, Sagisō made minimal attempts to dodge, allowing the Shuriken to tear through cloth and flesh leaving a bloody wound across her shoulder. Her clone was more unfortunate, having been hit directly, it dispersed, but it's thrown shuriken remained. As Shura twirled his chain in an attempt to attack her, the chain snagged on the threads surrounding him, effectively turning his weapon into the very chains that would bind his movements. Sagisō smirked triumphantly, "Caughtcha!"

She yanked downwards again, this time with her threads caught up in Shura's chain, it caused the chains -previously twirling around Shura- to constrict, wrapping around him under the guidance of Sagisō's steel thread. The weighted end of the chain, previously heading towards Sagisō halted in mid-air, finding itself unable to progress as the length of chain that allowed for its range was rather occupied securing its wielder in place.

Funneling chakra through her body, Sagisō prepared herself to follow up. Because Shura had thrown his chain overhead as he twirled it, his own weapon effectively blocked his exits above and around him leaving him with essentially two options, he could either dodge downwards, or helpless get caught in his own weapon. If he chose the latter, well, that would be the end of the battle, and if he chose the former, then he would be heading towards the ground, and right into the sights of a patiently waiting Sagisō.

Mori nodded to Tomiko and flashed a smile before leaving the slums to go visit his home. As he made his way to the ninja districts he began to think about the mission he was about to go on, he was about to go on a mission with his best friend to track down a jinchuriki and knowingly risked their lives by doing so. It wasn't something that he would recommend to ninja who are not confident enough in their skills, and he had some doubts about his capability as well. He just had to hope that the other villages were too focused on the jinchuriki and indirectly helping him and Tomiko to stay alive. "If there is some deity out there that created this world, I hope that you are willing to help me and my friend to survive this mission. I don't have to capture the jinchuriki, as long as we survive." He sighed as he prayed to every deity out there to stay alive.

As he was lost in thought, he arrived at his house. It was nothing spectacular, and the only thing that made it stand out was the whetstone in front of it. He opened the door and looked around the house, soaking it all up before he went on a dangerous mission and potentially never came back. It was clean, incredibly clean. There were no signs of someone living here, let alone a family with a kid living here. There were no bowls or glasses laying around and there were no decorations like plants. It was barren, yet it was home for him. He sighed and grabbed a pencil and piece of paper and began to write a message for his parents.

Dear father and mother,

I have returned from the Chunin Exams although I didn't make it in time to compete. I will try my best to be on time for the next exams, you can trust me on that. Orochimaru was spotted attacking Konoha shortly after the exams so be careful out there, I will try my best too. I am going on a mission to capture the jinchuriki that fled from Kumo, I know how dangerous it is so if I don't return I want that my money goes to the people in the slums. They deserve something positive in their lives. I have created a new jutsu and made some friends, although I have yet to improve my chakra capacity and control. I will continue to improve myself as I haven't forgotten what can happen if I slack off like at the academy.
Mori stopped writing to gain control of his breathing again and stroked his scar, the day that he got it burned into his mind.

It was the day his father found out that he was skipping class and confronted him with it. He told him that even if he didn't improve, his enemies would. He could still hear the pure rage in the voice of his father and feel the kunai slicing his cheek. "This kunai might cause incredible pain and a scar, but the next one could very well slit your throat! Am I clear Mori?!" He shook his head and continued writing.

I don't hate you for scarring me, it was a wake-up call that I desperately needed. I'd love to meet you two again, but I understand that it won't always be possible due to your jobs.

With love,
Your son Mori Utamara.

Mori wrote today's date on the paper and went to his room. Just as barren as the rest of the house, but there was a bag that had a scarf in it. His parents and himself thought of a sign to become the sign of the Utamara clan as a joke, it seemed so long ago for him. The sign was a simple one, being a lone rock with a sword lodged into it. He sighed and grabbed the scarf, putting it in his pocket. He might need it if they went to a country colder than this one. After finishing any business left in his home, he locked the door, sharpened his tanto and made his way to the Tsuchikage's office. "Tomiko might need some help convincing Lord Tsuchikage, and I already convinced him once so the second time shouldn't be too hard right?" He said to himself with a small grin.

-------------------------------------------------

Taji blinked twice to make sure she didn't misheard anything, this Inuzuka didn't try to attack Kumo and instead trained a Kumo-nin? "I understand your reasoning Lord Raikage, I shall do my best to help my team find and return the jinchuriki." She trusted the Raikage to make the right decisions and Darui was a capable ninja by all means, but she wasn't too sure about Kenji and Aisha. But she'd have to trust them to make this mission not a complete failure, and if Aisha trained Kenji then surely both of them had something going for them. "When will we set out Sir? If we wait too long then other villages might have already captured the jinchuriki." Taji grew a bit anxious, she did not want her village to lose such a big chunk of its war power to the other villages.

Last edited:
Shura observed Sagiso yank her shuriken out of the way of his own shuriken. Noticing his chain getting caught with the thread from Sagiso's attack, Shura scoffed. "Crap, this is unfortanate." He said to himself. Letting go of his chain as Sagiso caused it to start consticting around him, Shura put his hands together to form a hand sign. "Wind Style: Air Breath." Releasing a wave of wind from his mouth, Shura pushed himself under his constricting chain. While decending towards the ground, Shura felt the raising chakra emmited by Sagiso. "I see, she's waiting for me to fall into position." He thought as he observed Sagiso. "If she thinks she's already won, then she's mistaken." Spining around in the air, Shura grabbed the thread of the shuriken Sagiso's clone left and swung the star at Sagiso.