• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Hina preserved her angular momentum, spinning around seamlessly to catch Taiyo's attack in the palm of her hand. The chakra that once coated her fingers had blossomed into whispy blue flames, the tongue of the Lion lapping greedily at Taiyo's chakra as, with a single bite, it swallowed whole Taiyo's strike.

"Your intent is all over the place; I don't even need my eyes to see you coming." She smiled at the boy, chastising him lightly for the way his chakra flared and gave away his position and any element of surprise he might hope to utilize.

"Good effort," She praised.

With that, she turned to face Zino, giving him another beaming smile as she also mouthed the words 'Good Effort'.

She copied his maneuver with the replacement jutsu, vanishing as Taiyo appeared in her previous spot and was now in the path of Zino's chains.

"Very good effort." She now voiced in Zino's ear, as she had used the body flicker motion from her substitution to get behind him. Her remaining hand was poised to fall on his shoulder, where she would use the added rock weight to drastically increase the weight of his body and keep him pinned. Presuming Zino pinned down, Hina would then direct her gaze at Kiro, still hurtling through the air, and, deciding to repurpose the chakra she'd taken from Taiyo, amassed it inside her Lion Step construct. The whispy lion head grew more corporeal and she gave it a hefty toss, sending the flaming blue missile straight at the airborne Uchiha.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
As the breakfast at the Haruno reseident cane to a close, Kou looked to his brother, who gave him a knowing look. Kou gulped, scratching the back of his head. He knew what that look meant. Getting up from the table slowly, he looked to Sakura with a look of forced happiness.

“Haha...that was great. If you don’t mind I’m gonna go run into town real quick, I think I dropped a watch I found.”

He lied to Sakura’s face, something that gave him a sting of guilt. His brother didn’t think much of it, scattering off toward the door, awaiting Kou. Kou looked at the door and back to Sakura. Without thinking, he went to give her a hug, wrapping his arms around her.

“Thanks for everything Sakura...well you when I get back.”

Azumi had been in meditation, though she was no oblivious to the steps of her fellow comrade as she moved to sit as she turned to look at Baiyan who she gave a silent greeting to though quickly heard her comment which concerned patient zero as she paused having not expected that question to come up. Though given how their journey had gone to this point perhaps she had no right to feel any shock over it.

"W-what do you mean? Answer should be obvious, his strength is visible to all and he is a fellow Ame-nin. An ally of our home, it is my duty to protect those of my own people..." Azumi said, as it seemed self explanatory, though even as she tried to give off an answer in her usual tone some subtle things seemed off. Her tone seemed a slight lighter than usual, the slight pause at the beginning and really it almost seemed like she had been left to linger after she concluded her speech showed signs that her reason seemed a bit off; much less her expression which had a slight crack from its usual focus as she looked ahead of her.

"Ame-nin, should and need to protect each other...."

----------
Aisha huffed, as her natural firery temper wanted her to give those two jackasses a piece of her mind, but she held her tongue as she had to concede that both Kenji and Taji had valid points with this. Would do no good to help Taji now by trying to burn the place, they needed to think in a constructive way, though just because she understood it had not meant she liked it as evidence by her demeanor as she listened to Taji's own animal analogy.

"There is a difference between moving ahead and expecting one to keep up, and kicking our their legs to leave them behind..." Aisha mumbled as Luna & Sky seemed to enjoy the rubbing of the ears as they felt Taji's spirits improve however gradually as Kenji listened to Taji's own plan and her insistence Kenji needed not burdan himself with it as the latter shrugged.

"Just saying till you find a place, which I can help with given I found Aisha hers, I don't mind. Really I got extra space so it wouldn't be a hassle. After all, we are friends aren't we? Isn't a big deal to give one a place in a time of need till we find a place to call your own. Trust me I insist so don't feel like my privacy is holding you back."

----------
Naturally Zino fell with a ton of bricks to the ground, as if someone had strapped a boulder to his back as he cursed but resigned himself to this as frankly he had done all he could reasonably do. In truth this seemed to be kinder than the senbon training he had originally been stuck with so in truth he considered this victory enough.

Though as his, frankly poor, position left him to lament and glance at the final moments it seemed of the spar, his gaze focused on the Uchiha who had yet to fall though he seemed next on the list. As his mind flashed to a memory he tried to bury that for one but perhaps seeing the Uchiha in action proper had caused to spring to life.

A-auntie I...I am scared...
It's okay, Lady Hina will take care of you.
I-I don't want to go...
Stay strong Zino, know I love you and so did they...take care...
Tayuya watched as Zino fell and Taiyo seemed soon to follow, this battle was over regardless of what that Uchiha punk had up his sleeve. With that she took her leave as she moved towards the village gates though had been prepared to keep her distance on the off chance someone thought she had been dumb enough to try and make a run at the door. Perhaps she'd catch Sagiso and that multi-head band nin on their way out, maybe not though if you asked Tayuya even she had been unsure why she bothered to see them off.

-----
Sakura naturally had blinked in confusion as Kou seemed to rather abruptly make a call for what he wanted to do and even ran over to give Sakura a hug. One which the confused kunoichi returned but his statement raised more questions as she felt she should clarify something to the young boy.

"Uh, I appreciate the sentiment Kou but it is a bit risky for you to go running off on your own. This is a big village and with recent circumstances it's better to keep track of where you are. If you need to find this watch I will go with you." Sakura said, as she had left no room to negociate on this, though his comment caused her to pause as she eyed him somewhat suspicious.

"And...just when did you get a watch? I don't recall you asking me to get you one." Sakura asked, as she wanted to give benefit of the doubt but if Kou had stolen it she'd want to rectify this quickly.

Man the gull of this kid to just steal something behind our back!
Easy there, innocent till proven guilty you know.
Well let's say I think I see the fat lady ready to get a tune going...

Last edited:
The oddness in Azumi's voice did not escape the Sword Star's notice. In spite of her blindness or it could be said that it was because of her blindness, Baiyan was keenly attuned to the emotions of others, which often betrayed them in subtle waivers of their voices which were far more truthful than whatever controlled mask of expression they might wear.

"...Self-doubt doesn't suit you Sayuri."

The sword star cautiously navigated to a seat, claiming it while maintaining an expression of patience and tranquility. Although she hadn't said anything, her actions transcended words. It was apparent that she would wait. Whether Azumi decided to tell her the truth or not was a decision up to her, but Baiyan would provide comfort, for what it was worth, with her silent presence.

-------------
"That little..."

The Skillful Star's brow twitched in annoyance as Katsuo overtook the duo and leaped to the treelines. She had been prepared to do the same when suddenly she paused and turned back to face the entrance of the village, where a new arrival had revealed herself.

"Little Koshō!" Sagisō paced over to Tayuya in a few excited bounds, ignoring the sound kunoichi's personal space as she pulled her into a hug. Her affection was two-fold both physical and verbal as she took the opportunity to whisper into Tayuya's ear, her voice a sing-songy requiem, calling back on lyrics she'd once shared.

"I have never heard anything like this!"
"Oh, really? Didn't you hear the bliss?"
"Quickly now."
"Hurry up." "
You can't dwell, just abandon your shell."
"You're unhappy, so I’ll give the love you need. Let's proceed."
"Tell me honestly, have you found your joy?"
"But on what grounds are you asking for?"
"That's because."
"Between us."
"It's because of the girl you've become..."
"That man, you could love and betray him."
"Such thing was not forgiven."
"Is it so?"
"Although..."

It was only a few stanza's but Sagiō felt it had gotten her message across. She pulled back to an arm's length, her magenta pupils meeting Tayuya's.

"If you ever want to find me..." The girl paused and seeming to have decided on something, undid her headband. "Look to the Stars—Polaris."

She pushed the headband to Tayuya and turned around, swiftly disappearing into the treelines. Her last line, while cryptic was not excessively so. When navigating by the night sky, one's first action would almost always be to find the North Star, otherwise called Polaris. If Tayuya ever found herself north, around Takigakure's lands, and the Nadeshiko still resided there, then that headband would allow her safe passage.

A famous violinist once said...

"Music transcends words."

By exchanging notes, you get to know one another, to understand one another. As if your souls were connected, and your hearts were overlapping.

It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words.

-Miyazono Kaori

Kiro had felt his weight lighten drastically after the Hyūga Head made contact with him. Before the prisoner could process what she had done, he was tossed into high into the air. It was clear that his lightened weight allowed for him to be thrown as high as he was. Kiro did his best to stop himself from just flailing around wildly in the sky while clutching the kunai in his hand. By the time Kiro was able to stabilize himself and look down, Hinagiku was dealing with Taiyo and Zino. With next to no way to actually get down, it seemed his part in this battle was basically over. However, that didn’t mean he was just going give up without getting Hinagiku somehow. Though he had planned to save the kunai for something else, things didn’t seem like they would work out.

Activating his sharingan, he stared down at the cup of tea that she had tossed into the air. Somehow the tea hadn’t spilled. There was some flaming blue chakra coming right at him now though. With no solid way to avoid the attack while just floating in the air, Kiro figured it was just about over. At least for him in this form. Once he settled on the kunai’s trajectory, Kiro threw it before being blasted by the blue chakra.

Shockingly, the body itself completely lit up with the same color as the blue lightning around him. It was revealed to be a lightning clone, which combined with the chakra from the lightning armor, lit the sky a shade of blue for a moment. The display would’ve been quite electrifying for whoever managed to catch it. Meanwhile, once the kunai that was thrown got close enough to the cup, a puff of white smoke would appear, revealing the real Kiro. He would then grab the cup and land on the ground before examining its contents.

Hinagiku watched in amusement as Kiro grabbed the cup and his added weight pulled it down. She wasn't sure what he was trying to achieve, but she watched in mute interest as Kiro and the cup descended, leaving the tea itself—still rather weightless—to float freely in the air. As she imagined that this spar was all but done, Hinagiku decided it was about time she set about to leave. She leaped through the air and wove her earth chakra into the shape of a clay teacup, swiftly and accurately collecting the floating globules of tea and normalizing its weight, she then used her remaining hand to cover her cup and prevent any spillage as she landed.

"Be a dear and put that in the Kitchen for me," Hina called back to Kiro, "and have the maids treat the rest of them. I've lingered too long already, so I really should be going."

Without waiting, Hinagiku strolled into the main residence and collected her baggage. When she emerged, she waved towards the kids once more, "Tata~"

"When Furījia wakes up, tell her I'll write."

With that, the Hyūga Head was officially on vacation and she made her way towards the village gates to set out.

"Self doubt? Do not assume such things...I know that you may be one not to take things as face value, but sometimes it is as simple as that." Azumi said, as she tried to force more confidence and sureness with her reply. Forced having been the key word, as no matter how she'd try to say it something kept a bit of truth out there to disrupt her message as it ruined any effort to make it fully convincing. Azumi glanced down as Baiyan left that comment, which had been enough to make her stomach turn though perhaps that had been other emotions that had stirred since their arrival and really long before. Regardless, if they were a team Azumi felt compelled to give the full story to Baiyan as if nothing else she earned that much.

"I....I sought out Reaver cause he had strength, strength I needed...that our people and the world needed. I wanted to see what he could do, so I had a spar...a means to test his skill for myself given his falter at the exams. And...and...that monster, that bastard had the gull to brag about slaughtering our entire class to me. No not only that, every class of our graduation year. All as he reveled in his desire to slay me...all while laughing about it. An entire generation of Ame-nin, the future of our people...gut down to please the perverted desires of that heartless, that gutless coward!" Azumi cursed, tears had began to flow as true passion true venom began to poor from her words as she had no restraint to spare. Not at this stage.

"I won't stand for the senseless slaughter of our people, our nation had already became a graveyard for the great nations petty scrabbles. So for Reaver to boast about this...oh forget any team I wanted to gut him on the spot! I wanted him to suffer, to beg for his pathetic life before I snuffed out his hopes in one fell swoop. Leave him for the maggots to deal with, though even they'd be too good for that waste of skin. Sadly I lacked the strength to do so, we ended up taking each other down...and the next thing I know, I was brought before him. Our leader, no more than that...the God of Ame. The one who pulled out nation from the depths of despair and brought new life to it. The one wo every single Ame ninja owes the world to, he came and spoke to us in person. I was shocked, and honored to even be in his presence was an honor I had not deserved, and to top if off. He trusted me to lead this team, believed in my vision enough to give it the green light. Our god put his trust his believe in me....I never felt a greater sense of honor from that day forward..." Azumi said, as a smile showed itself on her tear stained expression. Before a frown shattered the joy she had felt from that memory as she continued on.

"...but, our god made it clear that he saw us as a unit. And in spite of Reaver's crimes against our people, in spite of his defiant and destructive attitudes, our god saw value in him. And personally mentioned to me that Reaver was one to keep an eye on and one that must be protected from enemies we encounter. I was stunned, I could not imagine if he had known anything Reaver did or not and had no chance to clarify if he had not, but I couldn't believe he'd go out of his way to mention this. Now Reaver was not just an ally, he was someone to safeguard. Someone my lord my god saw specific to mention in regards of protection. And I still struggle with it, I cannot ignore the blood he has spilled against our own people, and his insubordinate no his flat out traitorous tendencies to fuel his personal passions that nearly brought this unit to ruin before it got off the ground have only given me every reason every excuse to gut him and leave him for dead. I had every impulse, my body my soul screamed at me to just leave this demon to his fate to let him pass judgement in the next life and suffer for his crimes. But...." Azumi said, as she looked at her hand which seemed to shake. As she took a moment to ball it into a fist, her nail dug into her palm as a trinkle of blood dripped down from the sheer pressure she placed against it. Perhaps a way to calm herself, though even that effort seemed futile now that she had entered her full swing as she continued her account.

"...but each time, I was reminded of my god's words. And held back, after all to go against his wishes for all he had seen in my for all he had done for our people? It would be a betrayal of the highest order, one that I could not live down. After all, his wisdom is boundless so s-surely he must know what he is doing with this....right? B-but if that is true, are those lost lives really for nothing? Is an entire generation of Ame-nin just meant to be left to their graves while their murder moves about scott free? Is our god the kind to allow such a travesty to stand, in the means of greater strength for this unit?" Azumi asked, as her once unmistakable assurdness and confidence had long given way to a shakiness and uncertainty; as if her very being grappled with each word as the Ame-nin entered a moment of personal crisis. She turned to Baiyan, and even if Baiyan lacked sight for her expression Azumi's tremble had done enough to give the impression. Tears flowed as she looked the blind kunoichi in the eye as she choked out the only thing she could say. Her voice having cracked at this point when she gave her final question to Baiyan.

"You ask why I deal with him? I implore you no I...I beg you...tell me, what the hell was I supposed to do? What am I supposed to do?"
----------
Tayuya had not been sure what to expect, really this action seemed more unconscious than anything else, but it got awkward in a hurry as of course Sagiso caught her arrival just as she arrived and naturally referred to her by that damned nickname before she pulled her into a big and constrictive hug.

"H-hey easy too close!" Tayuya cursed out, though as Sagiso hugged her she softly hummed a tune that had been all too familiar to her. Those lyrics she had made part of her song to her that in spite of Tayuya's groan had plagued her mind for better or worse. What was with this girl? Why had she tried so hard with this nonsense...for her sake? That seemed absurd.

Regardless Sagiso moved away and gave a rather vague hint about where her home was if she needed her, which Tayuya naturally scoffed at as what use would she have in a village of housewives. But as Sagiso left Tayuya watched her as she went as she seemed to wrestle with this emotion she had trouble giving a name before she sighed out.

"Safe travels or...whatever..." Tayuya mumbled before she moved back towards the Hyuga compound. After this and the Zino pervert incident as she thought over what both had said she needed a nap.

Baiyan didn't presume to know the ways of the various nations. While the distance she'd traveled had been far the time she'd spent traveling was little; mere months to the years needed to truly understand a culture. All the same, Baiyan did know that, at the very least, such traitorous tendencies would not be tolerated by Nadeshiko. The free-form group of Kunoichi, for those in the same generation, were bound together with ties as tight and as binding as the differences between generations were loose and undetermined. The « Birth Outline » as they called it, was the Oath, enforced by blood and chakra, that the Nadeshiko swore by. Its specifics were known only to the Nadeshiko of the generation of its creation, as each Birth Outline was different and each generation used different means to identify themselves. The last Generation's Birth Outline had been a book, charmed to recognize the Nadeshiko and present their information. However, regardless of the differences, the sisterhood, in any generation, had been intractable intolerant of traitors.

That was Nadeshiko. This was Amegakure. It was hard to make a judgment given how little she knew about the Village beneath rain clouds, but there were certain things she could gleam, and whether truth of falsity, it really wasn't hers to interpret. That task would belong to Azumi. Albeit, Baiyan had already drawn her own conclusion based on Azumi's words. The Sword Star believed that no leader, a proper leader, would encumber themselves with mindless, senseless, subordinates so 'devoted' to an idealized image that their only competency became bootlicking and seat-warming. For what it was worth, she softened her voice and shared her thoughts.

"If the highest aim of the Captain were to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever."

This was a subtle analogy, for the Team was their ship and Azumi its Captain, and should her highest goal have been to preserve the integrity of the team, then she should've stayed in Amegakure.

"I believe you conflate obeying your 'god' and maintaining harmony, or perhaps your devotion has left you too hesitant. If you wish to change the world then you must also be willing to break the obstacles in your path, if you hesitate, they'll break you. If your deity has such foresight, then I trust that he trusts in your judgment and that you will know what needs to be discarded to progress. If he wanted to dictate your every action, then he would've just done it himself. If you aren't a leader, but just a mindless, then why are you even here?"

If this god hidden in rain had expected Azumi to follow his orders mindlessly and without assessing the situation at hand before making her own decisions, then he would've kept her to some other, menial task. Had he sent her on her way expecting her to be intractable then he was either a fool or sending her to her death.

Managers who were static and unchanging were not suited for tasks so grand and lofty as those she touted which would evoke no small number of unstructured problems and non-programmed decision making.

Azumi was a tough girl and the task ahead of her even tougher, coddling her would do her no favors. Baiyan concluded her thoughts, words harsh, but voice soft.

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

As Sakura mentioned the idea of coming along with Kou to find the watch, Kou slowly made his way toward the door, trying to avoid the subject.

“Nah, it’s okay. I know where it is, so I shouldn’t-“

"And...just when did you get a watch?” Sakura asked him. “I don't recall you asking me to get you one."

“I uh...well...”

Kou thought quickly, sheepishly making another back step towards the door. His right hand going behind his back and grabbing hold of the door handle.

“W-Well...I got it while I was in the sounds village, yeah!”

A small almost porcelain like figure stood atop the wall of the leaf. Bobo, the midget mime. It scanned the crowd, looking for something of interest but not finding anything of note. The unblinking child stared on for hours, not seeming to grow tired of this. Something however made him change his stance. A sixth sense. An aura of mystery. Something familiar.

“Why, isn’t this a surprise.”

A leaf ninja stood next to bobo, looking at thecuty with him. Bobo didn’t look back or talk back to the man, instead continued to gaze on.

“Oh? Now just what are you after, hm? Surely you aren’t here for the usual.”

“Bobo.”

“Hmmm, is that how it is?” The ninja replied. “How convenient I was in town then. Something tells me you won’t want to stick around.”

“Bobo.”

“Blame of course. Wouldn’t want any other unfortunate prisoners being made tonight. Unless you enjoy living life on the edge.”

Bobo slowly turned his head to the figure, who just laughed as a response to it.

“Ha...Have to admit you were right when you told me you are committed. Then by all means...”

The figure then disappeared in a flicker of movement, Bobo turning back to the city again with his same expression plastered on his face.

“Bobo...”

‘Of course it’s empty.’

Unsurprisingly, the bare interior of the cup stared back at Kiro when he checked it. The liquid content seemed to betray gravity as it floated overhead. The tea was soon captured in a clay cup, which had been skillfully molded from earth chakra by the Hyūga Head.

“She could’ve at least let me ask her about the tea...”

Kiro muttered to himself as Hinagiku left the cup and the others in his responsibility before heading into the residence. She returned shortly after, with some baggage in hand, and gave them a quick farewell.

“Have a nice vacation I guess.”

He gave a little farewell of his own as the Hyūga Head finally took her leave. A few moments after Hinagiku vanished from sight, Kaori made her timely appearance. Though, it may have been an untimely one as well depending on who asked.

“Oh dear. This is quite disappointing. I had wanted to see Lady Hinagiku off, but it seems she has left already, leaving only a mess for us too clean up.”

Her milky white eyes glanced to the little Hyūga Princess unconscious on the ground first. Then a look at the fire on the side of a building wall from the Taiyo’s fireball earlier. Of course, the head of the White Tiger faction couldn’t miss a certain special Hyūga pinned to the ground. Last but not least, there was a prisoner glaring at her while holding a cup in his hand. The cheery expression she always wore didn’t budge at all. Kaori gestured only slightly before a handful of maids came over to the children and to clean up this mess.

“Poor thing. Make sure our little darling Princess here receives the utmost care. Oh and make sure a meal is prepared for her as well. It should be one of her favorites.”

At least three maids rushed over to Furījia alone, even before Kaori had stated anything. Having a similar sense of urgency, two of them went over to help Zino. If Sagisō was considered a daughter to Hinagiku, then the boy was her son. Meaning he was a prince and would be treated as such. A maid also went to check up on Taiyo. As for Kiro, there would be other plans for him...

Gleefully, Kaori watched as most of the children were taken care of. Today was a special day with the Hyūga Head going on vacation. Like any special occasion, this should be celebrated! Everyone should get a good meal. Kaori clapped her hands together and exclaimed the wonderful idea that she just thought of.

“Tonight, let us prepare a banquet! For a celebration in honor of Her Majesty!”

Silently, Kiro continued to watch the woman known as Kaori Hyūga in slight disbelief. It appeared Kaori would be one of the leaders, in the absence of Lady Hinagiku, as the Hyūga listened to her words. She seemed to be as lively and carefree as possible. However, few were able to see through the cover and the monstrous depths of power which resided in her. It was like a bottomless pit. The same horrifying unknown as the Hyūga Head. Similar but so different at the same time. The second devil in the clan which bred demons. This one just wore the mask of an angel. That was his judgement of Kaori.

Taji's voice lowered as she looked down. "You're right, but I don't know which situation I was in and I don't want to find out right now." Never before was she this grateful for the existance of Luna and Sky, they were a great way to escape her thoughts and allowed her to focus on the singular task of petting the two wolves. They seemed to enjoy it and it helped her calm down a bit.

"If you are sure that I won't be a hindrance, then I guess I'll take your offer. It really means a lot to me, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Thanks Kenji, Aisha, Luna and Sky. I wouldn't know what I'd do if you all weren't here right now with me." A single tear streamed down Taji's face, but it was a tear of relief rather than grief. Relief that she found solid support in her friends when her world crumbled around her. Relief that they didn't abolish her for who she was, but stood by her in the hardest time of her 15 year old life. She might have been unwanted in her biological family, but she had a new family. One that did more to make her feel at ease in the last couple of minutes than her previous one did in who knows how long? She cracked a smile, the first genuine smile in a while and one that she didn't mind showing with her friends around.

Azumi had not been used to this, the utter lack of control the raw emotion surging from her being. Not since she had been a little girl in the days of Amegakure's recovery had she had such an uncontrolled outburst like this one. But once she had left it out Baiyan took a moment to think a response, a moment Azumi used to help catch her breath or at the very least make an honest effort to. Azumi had glanced away from Baiyan before the latter gave an answer, her gaze directed at the suddenly interesting floor below them...but she had not been deaf to her words as she listened to Baiyan offer her two cents.

Baiyan to her credit did seem to possess wisdom of her own, offering an analogy of a boat which had made Azumi pause to think, as indeed her path was not one that favored caution at every turn. Azumi wanted to uproot the power structure, to dismantle the foundation of the oppressive great nations and use it to build up greater strength to those nations "beneath" them. One cannot do that while playing safe, or allowing such a moral obstacle to hold her back. Her god trusted her to lead, not merely to offer prayer to him. She had to make the decision, she had to trust that the one called Pain trusted her to make that call one way or another.

But what had been the right choice? What was it she needed to decide on? Azumi had been less sure. But one thing was clear, it helped to put her plight in perspective and made her realize what she had to do as she worked to try and wipe the tears from her eyes as she used a spare rag to blow on before she turned to Baiyan.

"Is this wisdom something you've built off your own experience, or that of the Nadeshiko culture? Irregardless I thank you for the words. I do not know yet what decision I will make, but be certain that it will be made. I won't allow my indecision to bring ruin to this unit, that much is the truth." Azumi said, as she had made it clear that whatever answer was "right" to make she'd make it and offered her thanks for Baiyan's words. Azumi was not a people person by trade, so it likely had come off more awkward than her usual stone cold delivery but she hoped the conviction there would be picked up by Baiyan all the same.

----------
Aisha held her tongue as she merely nodded in agreement with Taji, as it seemed the right thing to do as to avoid an argument over this. Luna and Sky certainly seemed to enjoy Taji's touch and offered the warmth of their collective fur as they worked to help lift her spirits which caused Aisha to smile softly.

Seems they've taken to her...

And really, Taji's remarks caused spirits to raise all around as she accepted Kenji's offer which was a positive sign. Seemed she was willing to give the temporary arrangement a chance and more importantly seemed ready to put these struggles behind her if only for the immediate moment and try to move forward in

"No worries Taji, we can help move your things there today. If uh you are willing to postpone your little "trip" for another day?" Kenji asked AIsha as she glanced at the comical amount of bags Kenji had by his side as she shook her head with a sheepish grin.

"Alright, not like the exams are tomorrow. We'll set out once Taji has fully adjusted to your place." Aisha declared as Luna & Sky barked; as if they had given their approval to the arrangement as Kenji knew he had to work to get the place decent with company, but eh wouldn't be that bad he figured.

After all, how many of his Icha Icha collection could he have scattered around realistically?

----------
Tomiko had been spurred by Mori's passion as they left his home, and with a grin she marched with her troops towards the village gate. It really had been a sight to behold, or puzzle for those who saw the scene the first time. As Tomiko literally led a march as Hoshi, Jirou, Mio, Miu and Naomi followed in line behind Tomiko with Naomi having clutched Ren's hand as he was the last in this chain as the slum kids moved step for step beyond the village gate.

Was it a little much? Maybe, but this was the first time the group had left the village gate before now so why not add a bit of flair to it?

Tomiko glanced ahead to the open space and rocky terrain as she flashed a grin as she turned to Mori and company alike as she she pulled out a scroll from her pouch and jabbed a thumb behind her to the rock formations ahead of them.

"Alright, today I plan to take you to a place near and dear to my heart. And one that explores the true beauty of our rocky land, and Mori I'll say this much with you being almost on the mark. But rather than sled..." Tomiko said, as she produced a item from her scroll and a puff of smoke later their make-shift junk sled was formed....only with an addition made to it, a sail of some sort set up made of sitched together fabrics though not released yet as Tomiko's grin seemed to only grow.

"...for today, we sail on our path to the rocks!"

----------
When one normally went to visit the Hokage, it was expected that they'd make notice in advance, follow respectful if not usual procedure or at the bare minimum use the door if they wished to speak with the leader of the ninja of fire.

But, if Tsunade honestly expected that from Jiraiya after their history...well that would have just been a foolish expectation.

Instead just outside the window to her office, Jiraiya sat on the balcony with a pen and notepad in hand as he seemed to be jotting something down. One hoped that it had to do with whatever business he had with the Hokage, but given his "stature" as an "acclaimed" author and the fact the hot springs had not been too far away for the trained eye one could only place hope away from that. Though the first so see the Sannin had not been Tsunade but rather her apprentice as Shizune glanced out the window and seemed shocked as she held her companion Tonton the pig in hand.

"L-lord Jiraiya?" Shizune asked shocked, as Tonton seemed to scowl at the well known pervert as Jiraiya smiled as he closed his notebook.

"Aw Shizune, a pleasure. Would Tsunade happen to be in at the moment? I have something to speak to her about, something she may find of interest."

-----​
Mebuki had a eyebrow raised through this convo, as Sakura sighed and walked over to Kou as she gently took his free hand and glanced his way.

"You know, lying doesn't help anything. Look regardless of what happened I am sure we can find a resolution, but for now it is best you stick close to me. Okay." Sakura smiled, and it seemed that had been the end of that debate as Sakura made sure to keep a gentle but firm grip on Kou's hand so she could keep close. She trusted Kou, but given this hectic situation and she for the moment was in all but name a "guardian" it seemed the right thing to do as she turned to her mother.

"I'll be with him to look for the watch, you don't need to worry." Sakura assured her less than convinced mother something her internal dialogue was quick to catch upon.

Yeah that was convincing...

Oh shut up nobody asked you!

-----​
Aw yes, because the first thing I think of doing when I get my ass handed to me is "let's have a party!"

Zino grumbled, really he had avoided much in the way of injury and once Hina's jutsu had worn off he had been able to get up though he received assistance from Kaori and a few of the maids. He naturally and silently thanked them as his duel Kekkei Genkai switched off as he heard the commotion for some festive event a mere day after the village-wide party which made Zino shake his head.

"When did the Hyuga become the place where the fun never ends...." Zino mused aloud, though out of the corner of his pale eye noticed the returning Tayuya who had caught the tail end of the announcement which merely caused her to sigh.

"Of fucking course that is the plan..." Tayuya mused, as she prepared to head to her room to practice a tune and only passed a single glance at Kiro, Zino, Taiyo and the downed Furijia. This was enough to cause commentary from the Oto-prisoner. "So I see the exercise went as poorly as expected?"

"If anything, I call it a moral victory. Though Furijia will need time to recover." Zino said as he had adopted a more optimistic outlook, Tayuya scoffed as she walked past him to the compound rooms though Zino had a parting comment towards her.

"You know, it isn't weakness to admit you'll miss her." Zino said, as Tayuya paused for a moment as it had not been much mystery who he had meant with that comment.

"Oh and what you are a fucking psychol..." Tayuya said as she turned for a quick, casual curse but Zino already was gone by then; having said to Kiro he was off to get some fruit from the village. Tayuya decided it had not been worth much energy to pursue as she went to find her room.

-----​
"Lady Mitarashi I believe we've seen enough. We've been on patrol and lapped this area countless times and have come with nothing..."

"I wasn't aware you had been put in charge of this patrol unit, my mistake I seemed to be on the assumption I was the one who called the shots. Am I correct in this mistake?"

"N-no ma'am but..."

"Then we will return when I say we are done! Is that clear!?"

"Y-yes ma'am!"

To say Anko had been a woman on edge would have undersold it criminally, ever since her former mentor paid Konoha a visit and caused havoc she had been on a mission to ensure the village was better prepared should that snake strike again. She personally led inspections to the evacuation tunnels and tried to scout security when she could, making a point to lead daily patrols just beyond the village gates while she used her snakes to scout even further out as she wanted to ensure that nothing and nobody would sneak on their home so easily again.

She had been near the end of a patrol run with a Chunin squad, as the three individuals seemed tired from the extended run but Anko was not one to leave anything to chance or "half ass" effort. A change in styles from one often seen as a lazy if not eccentric lover of dango; though as she rubbed a certain spot on her neck her almost crazed run with the unit had all the justification in the world to her as she and her team moved through the trees in their final check ups.

Last edited:

“S-sure! Let’s get going...shall we?” Kou stuttered.

Craaaaap this isn’t good. Kou began to visuall sweat, being horrible with lies as well as pressure. He opened the door and quickly stepped out. The rodent warrior shook his head, surprised his cover wasn’t blown already. Turning his head back on the objective, the rat scampered off towards the Inzuka compound.

“Seems like they are progressing magnificently.”

Jin looked at the building’s construction, one of them had scaffolding being taken down from it, signifying to him that it was almost done. An honor guard whispered in their chilly voice.

“Project Arsenal’s first fortification should be finished no later than tomorrow afternoon.”

“Good, and what of the others?”

“They shall take slightly longer. While operable right now, some will be finished within a week while a few others maybe take two or three weeks.”

“Fourth fifths of the way done is better than not being done at all.” Jin responded. “See too the construction.”

“Yes sir.”

As the honor guard leaped away, Jin closed his eyes. He had hoped that these structures would be a means to rally the people to support the mist and defend themselves. He most certainly didn’t want to use them on the people. Something rotten lie amongst them. Something corrupted. He couldn’t quite put his finger on this feeling, but he had felt it for years. It had to be Mei. If she make any move to secure any others from outside the nation without first running it by him...it will be addressed. Quickly.

An Angel or a Demon?
Morality thins, no matter your Stature.
Corruption is the darkest sin.
For that, is Human Nature.

—/ Poem of Damos, Verse 42

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Tsuki
Fortunately, Tsuki's teacher was more than eager to provide a plan to murder Seiun. Even better, the plan was simple in concept, leaving minimal room for misunderstandings. There was a small problem that the Yuki-nin had with the plan, but she was afraid to bring it to the attention of her sensei.

On one hand, I don't want to come off as disrespectful, but on the other hand, it would be counter-intuitive to pretend like I know what I'm doing only to slop up due to a lack of experience when the time comes to put the plan into action.

"Hama-sensei, I understand the plan well enough, I just have a minor problem..." Tsuki wanted to emphasize the minor as to prevent the impression that she was discrediting her teacher, "I...don't really know how to sow up my entry and exit ways,"
Seiun
Once he had exited the jail room that used to hold him, Seiun began to feel a sense of freedom enter his being. While he felt this way once he removed his parents from the world, it was the first time in a while that he had felt that feeling again. However, a duo of armor-wearing shinobi had arrived on the scene with the apparent intent to re-shackle the now emancipated rogue. The former Ame-nin had to stifle his chuckles that were induced by the responses of the other shinobi, rather he chose to adopt a sinister grin as he began to pontificate to his wannabe captors.

"You know, hearing your kind speak never gets old," There was an eerie sense of serenity held within Seiun's voice, almost as if he was attempting to comfort them, "As for handing my 'contraband' over, I think that can be arranged..." Immediately after he said this, he reverted the Gahedra's blade to its original, feeleer-like state. Once he had done this, he released the other edge of the Gaherda(also in its feeler state) before he manipulated the Gahedra to grasp the wrists of one of the guards. Once the feelers were tightly wrapped around the guard's wrists, the weapon constricted onto the wrists as it pulled the hands to the former Ame-nin in an effort to separate them from the guard in the process.

“Oh? Then i’ll Have to teach you tomorrow...in the meantime I can just clean up the mess. You should go ahead and do the deed. Show him he cannot cross a witch.”

She gestured toward the path for it to leave, opening up a window with her own needles. A chilly breeze flew in, allowing an access to the outside...

*RIP!!*

AHHHHHH!”

In moment, Seiun has latched out, ripping off one of the guard’s hands in a gruesome display of violence. The other guards were taken aback as the lead guard writhed in pain. Gripping their spears the remaining guards gave a battle cry, charging forward to seiun, each one trying to impair a different part of his body.

“Fo̶ol̸s.͝.̷.”

"Yeah sounds good..." Sakura said, though it had not taken a moment too long to notice as they left the door that the rat companion of the boy had been missing or as the other voice inside her put it.

That damned rat is gone!

"H-hey uh Kou? Where is uh...your "brother" of yours? Don't see him on you? And uh...does he have a name?" Sakura asked, as she both wanted to know where it was given how much it meant to the boy and also a name which would have had made referring to it much easier.

----------
As Anko and her platoon continued their recon, those scout snakes she had scattered about had began to return to her and most seemed to come back with nothing of note to say. But before Anko had been ready to call back to return to the village, one of her summons; a small light green snake that made it up to her palm as it seemed to have a panic in its eye.

"A-a-a-anko it'sssss it'ssss it'ssss horrible I-I-I ssssaw..." Anko's little summon replied as Anko worked to shake its nerves a bit.

"Just spit it out, what did you see?" Anko asked as the snake took a breath before it had spoken once more.

"O-out ahead, northeasssst not far from here. S-sssseveral bodiessss. Chunin, another ssssquad on patrol who had their facessss m-misssssing!" The snake cried out in fear, and instantly Anko froze as her face seemed to pale at that description. There was only one technique, one man who had something like that to his name...

"S-show me...show me now!" Anko yelled out, as she allowed the snake to guide the platoon to an opening where indeed several faceless Chunin laid dead on the ground. Both her fellow Chunin had naturally been disgusted with the sight, Anko looked on with wide eyes as if she had seen a ghost before her. Anko seemed speechless, as only one thought crossed her mind upon this grizzly sight...

He's here....he's here!

Quickly, Anko went to work as she turned to her platoon.

"You..." Anko called out to one of the Chunin, one with short blonde hair and light green eyes named Kaneda. "...go and report this to Lady Hokage at once. Immediately!" Anko said with heavy and desperate emphasis as not a moment too soon Kaneda left as she quickly turned to the other Chunin. A man with medium brown hair and a cut on his left cheek named Tetsuo. Anko having taken the time to toss the ninja cards on the bodies to him. "You go to the village gates, I want the guards there and along the wall at the ready now and not a moment later! Anyone who was just sent out of the gates recently you have called back in at once, and if anyone entered the village matched these descriptions find them and get help to bring them down! They are spies, do I make myself clear!" Anko shouted out as Tetsuo nodded and dashed at the same if not greater speed as Kaneda before him as Anko turned back to the bodies and quickly bit her thumb.

"Summoning Jutsu!"
In a flash a pack of larger, more dangerous snakes were summoned, though they served similar purpose to the previous batch as they scattered all about the immediate area as they tried to close in on whatever figures were responsible for this. Anko was on high alert, her heart seemed to race a million beats per second as a drop of sweat rolled the side of her cheek while she grasped a kunai with one hand and clutched that spot on her neck with the other as she jumped to the tallest tree nearby and scouted from up high as she frantically tried to spot that cursed figure and his presumed party. One thing was clear, Orochimaru if he had been here wouldn't sneak himself to the village; too much risk given the likely state of Oto's forces after the failed invasion. But the use of that technique meant he had been here and if Anko's gut was any indication he was close and had something up that sinister sleeve. For better or worse her former mentor always had a plan.

Come on...where are you, you bastard! Even if I am a brief roadblock...the only way you are getting to Konoha is through my dead body!

Last edited:
“If it’s information about your next novel, then I’ll have to say I’m not interested. There are more pressing matters at hand if you can’t tell.”

Eyeing the pen and notebook in the Sannin’s hand, Tsunade made her presence known as she now stood by Shizune. The pressing matters she referred to were none other than the enormous stack of papers towering over her desk. The Leaf was a busy village and so too was the Hokage. As much as Tsunade would’ve enjoyed another sip of some sake, she had to refrain herself for now. Though, that didn’t mean she couldn’t spare a moment for a treasured friend of hers. A little smile slowly grew on her lips, betraying the sarcastic nature of the earlier greeting.

“So what brings you here, Jiraiya?”

————————​

“The fun is only getting started!”

Kaori exclaimed as she heard the comment by Zino. The maids should begin preparations right away. After this, she planned to run things through with Natsu. The head maid would surely be on board with this and help assist in getting things set up smoothly. There was the matter of Shu, but he wasn’t likely to put up much of a fuss.

Meanwhile, Kiro just watched as the maids dealt with the group. Furījia was soon escorted away, presumably to get her in a more comfortable location to assist with the recovery process. Tayuya has also returned from somewhere and was now conversing with Zino. It seemed like casual banter until Zino said something which piqued his interest for a moment.

‘Miss who?’

It was a bit unexpected to hear Tayuya had grown close to someone. Close enough to possibly miss their presence. Kiro briefly wondered who this special person to her could be but was interrupted by Zino, who gave a quick mention that he was going to get some fruit. Before the thought of maybe tagging along crossed his head, Zino had already gone. With his swift exit, Tayuya had been left unable to finish the vicious denial and took her leave as well. That just left him there with Taiyo and an empty cup in hand.

‘Looks like I actually have to return this to the kitchen myself. Damn her!’

Seeing as none of the maids came to Kiro, there wasn’t much of a choice unless he wanted to just the leave cup there. He’d never actually been in there before so that would be an experience. They couldn’t deny him either since it was Lady Hinagiku who gave him permission to enter too. Not wanting to waste anymore time, Kiro figured he would go straight to the kitchen unless someone stopped him.

"H-hey uh Kou? Where is uh...your "brother" of yours? Don't see him on you? And uh...does he have a name?" Sakura asked.

Kou, leading her to the gauge direction of the Inzuka compound, felt a little off about lying to her. He thought for a second, sweating before rubbing the back of his neck.

“Oh I’m sure he’s off playing with Mittens haha...”

Wasn’t he best lie, but the best he could come up with on such short notice. Shifting his focus on her second question she asked, Kou lowered his head a bit.

“Though as far as names, he hasn’t gotten one yet.” Kou explained. “You see, they aren’t allowed to have a name until they prove they are worthy of one. At least that’s what Mama told me. But I just call him bro.”

As the sun continued to drift across the sky, the Mizukage sought to be just like it, a beacon of light as reliable as clockwork. To that effect, she had announced the impending improvement of village infrastructure including a network of subterranean tunnels that run deep beneath the village and into the numerous mountains cradling the Mist. She would, of course, personally oversee their construction as one of, if not the, best earth release user in the village.

Just as in previous attacks the earthen embrace of nature would protect the people from darkened clouds of drizzled doom. That was to say, the tunnels would be swift and efficient means of protected evacuation. Their depth along with a few peculiar additions she had in mind would render the study and condensed earth that formed them nigh impervious to chakra-based manipulation.

She had also, in the interest of making the village a more defensible position, designated a number of areas and smaller lakes within the village or around it where lakes would be created or, in the case that the lakes already existed, excavated and deepened to hold large, still bodied of water. Ammunition for the village's many water release users in the event of another attack.

To the effect that the water could be corrupted or turned against the village, Mei had been very careful to address that matter in particular. The Lakes would be covered and submersed after their construction. Layered with an earthen lid that would leave them indistinguishable from any other patch of ground. They were to become reservoirs.

Aside from her minor projects, she had also spoken of the addition of a ballot box in front of the Kage's mansion that would collect the thoughts and ideas of the citizens as direct recommendations towards the Mizukage.

With all that said, Mei retired to her office and reconvened the meeting of the Clan heads. She hoped that now Jin would be ready with the promised information.

“Welcome everyone.”

Jin stood in front of an almost completed tower, a large crowd of people gathered to see just what the clan head had in store for them specifically. They had seen these towers being made for some time, but they hadn’t any idea what they did, until now that is.

“I’ve gathered us here after the recent attack caused by this creature calling itself Damos.”

The crowd chattered and gasped, still not fully recovering mentally from it. Jin waited for the name drop to sink in before continuing.

“Of course, this leaves us in a vulnerable position. Black rain hit many of us. Friends, family, colleagues, guards, merchants, and even children. So you may ask...what can be done to protect our well being? How can we stand up to something like that? How can we protect our liveyhoods without leaving them to dust?”

He brought his hands up, turning around, gesturing to the tower before him.

“We have a solution. My clan has worked sleepless nights to create these towers. Years of effort to deliver this to the people. These are called ‘Arsenals’. They are state of the art, the only structure in any village that can make the people, you, as strong as any ninja can be.”

Many people gazed in wonderment while others seemed concerned that they might be enough, seeing a building didn’t mean they were safe from Damos. Though curiosity was present from Jin’s last sentence.

“It seems that you don’t believe me when I say that you can be as strong as a ninja. I whole heartedly believe this. I’ve arranged a demonstration. We will have one of the batteries have a test fire for all of you to see. It will be manned by the caretaker of the mist museum, Tensin Yanno.”

Tensin was known as the do-gooder of the town, alway giving kids candy, helping out people in need, and generally being a kind man. His name being used along with this test drew a lot of interest with them both together. Jin gestured toward Tenshin, who walked slowly out of the tower, giving a brief wave to the crowd. There was an applause, just as something was lowered down.

It was lowered down by a Yuki honor guard, suspending chains of ice over it. Bringing it down to Tenshin, the crowd ogled the new design. thick and metal, the piece had two crescent shaped prongs on the left and right abs a long ‘U’ shaped center piece. It stood at six feet tall, swivel mounted and gunmetal grey. The battery was set down in front of the crowd as well as Tenshin, pointed the opposite direction of the crowd.

“This is what we call a ‘Snapfire Battery’.” Jin explained. “This is what will equal the playing field, bringing the power to you, the people! We shall display the test fire with that test object over there.”

A Yuki had them brought in a thick Ice boulder that they had crafted for this experiment. Lining it up to where it would be a safe distance for any shrapnel for the crowd, he held his thumbs up, racing out of there.

“Now I’m a little new to this new gen munitions...” Tenshin started.

“That’s only a natural response. You load it with these specialized harpoons. Let’s select one with the yellow tip there.”

Jin guided him through what to do, Tenshin carefully picking up the large metal harpoon and loading it through the center piece. The museum caretaker then pulled two handles out from the machine, seeming to lock the projectile in it’s place. Tenshin then swiveled it to aim at the ice block target, carefully aiming before-

*Zip!*

*CRASH!*

The harpoon hit the target, the yellow tip exploding after imbeding into the target, shattering the ice boulder into nothing but small chunks. The crowd gasped at it, before cheering and clapping. Tenshin gave a small laugh, tipping his hat and waving whilst he walked off the stage. Jin held his hands up to signify to calm down the excitement, for there was more to say.

“This tower will be lined with these batteries, every angle will be covered so no one can shatter the will of the mist! No one can bring us to our knees! And every voice in the mist will cry out: The Mist is ONE!!!”

“The Mist is one!” The crowd shouted in unison.

That’s when jin crystallized the header above the front entrance of the tower, a elaborate mist village logo appearing on it, ice flurries enjoying from it.

“The Mist is one!”

“The Mist is one!”

“The Mist is one!”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Tsuki
Thankfully, Tsuki had a mentor who was capable and willing to handle what she could not. Therefore, she had no more reservations about putting the plan into action. She felt a chill crawl down her spine as she left Hama's residence, mainly because a cold breeze had recently entered.
Seiun
A low chuckle escaped the rouge shinobi's lips as he saw the lead guard writhe in pain after he had lost his hands.

"Don't lose your head over it, you've lost enough already," Seiun mocked the handless guard as he watched the other guards try to impale him with their spears. Wasting no time, the Gahedra reached out to snatch the spears from the guards as they were charging to him. Once the weapons were tossed aside by the superior combat tool, Seiun refocused the weapon's feelers onto the necks of the guards. The minute the Gahedra had gotten it's hold on it's targets, the feelers began to tighten their hold as the rogue shinobi pumped his electric chakra into the feelers.
Taiyo
Of course, the fiery shinobi was easily dispatched by the Hyūga head. Shortly after Hinagiku had made her exit, Taiyo rose to his feet with a palpable amount of energy despite getting his face kicked in. He wanted to complement Zino for his performance, but he left before he could get the chance. With Kiro taking his leave as well, Furījia firmly unconscious, he decided that there would be one place he needed to stop by.

I've gotta see a medic...wherever they are...

Last edited:

The men had little time to react as Gahedra’s feelers wrapped around them, squeezing them with a shocking grip. It was so intense that their teeth had begun to chip off due to the force of their teeth chattering and tensing. Life left their bodies while B.O.S.E.C. Reveled in the death that was being inflicted.

“Ngh...call for reinforcements!!” The guard on the ground managed to eek out in between his pained groans.

“C͜all͘i̡ng for ҉r̴ein̨fo̵rcém͝en͘ts eh̨?̡ No, th̷at͠ j͏u̷s̛t̕ ̧wo̷n͏’͢t do͝.”͢

The ghost around Seiun commanded a strand of Gahedra’s feelers to whip the man’s head, silencing him in an instant, blood trickling out from his skull.

“̷Loo͏ks ͠l̶ik͝e ̡w̷e ̶háve͞ to ens҉ure̵ ҉that y͠ou wi͡ĺl c͡ontinué ̀t̀hi̢s ̢tr͜ek ̢to͝ ́g̨reatnes͜s̴. Sha͞l̵l ͝w̢e?”̢

He gestured toward moving on, an alarm sounding from the prison. It would be a under a minute at most before ninja came to the scene

"Naturally I do not envy your position, being Hokage has advantages....dealing with paperwork is not one of them." Jiraiya said in good jest as he set the notepad aside and dropped down to enter the office as Shizune kept close to Tsunade while Tonton eyed the Toad Sage with suspicion as Jiraiya decided it was best to get a little serious as he faced Tsunade with an expression that reflected as such.

"What I have is information, on a certain group I've heard has caused some recent trouble. I was given some tidbits on that mission to those islands, and I fear it is part of a larger issue. I trust the Akatsuki is something you can always use info on."

-----​
Should....we be concerned about this?

What the blatant lying or the off chance that a cat is eating his "brother" right now?

Just don't get what his goal is, and where we are going? Last I checked the Inuzuka Compound was that way no?

Well we've had rats and cats, so why not fucking dogs while we're at it to complete the trinity.

"Uh huh...and you are sure finding this "watch" is of greater concern than making sure he and Mittens uh "play" safe?" Sakura asked Kou as even if she was aware of his not so great lying she still played along for the moment as they walked.

-----
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Zaku's room would hear the sounds of knocking, as with the presence of Hana seemed to be a hand who was brought in to deal with the hole in the wall. Hana quickly turned to the relaxing Oto-nin as she flashed a toothy smirk.

"Alright, gonna need you to give him space for an hour or so. Gonna patch up that wall." Hana said to Zaku as she made his choice or lack of one clear. But it was better to deal with this early before more vermin snuck in, least according to her mom's word.

-----​
"So, you come here often or just enjoying the view?"

The voice of Zino spoke up, right at the top of the wall where he casually appeared next to him. Zino had intended to go and get some treats, but something caught his eye as he glanced by the outer wall of the village; a small figure who seemed to be perched there, one that...curiously, his Byakugan seemed to not get so much as a chakra trace on. When he used his Sharingan, same result so he had no idea what this guy was up there.

But there was a guy there, and he had been too curious to let it slip.

"So, mind sharing your story? Seem to be a curious individual if the stories yesterday are anything to go by, caused quite the commotion and I am eager to know a bit about our resident visitor." Zino said as he had casually taken a seat next to this odd mime-looking individual, or maybe he had been a clown. Or some jester, it hardly mattered what had mattered was trying to unravel what he could about this mysterious individual.

-----​
As Izumo & Kotetsu had been in usual position, standing guard by the entrance to the village gates. Though as they watched the pair of Chunin that had been with Anko soon arrived with a panicked pace; Kaneda blew past the pair as he seemed to hope up and began to scale across the roofs of buildings fast as his legs carried him while Tetsuo moved to the confused pair with an alarmed look.

"L-Lady Anko discovered corpses. Faces are d-dissolved it seems, believes it to be the work of that snake, up to the north." Tetsuo explained which caused both guards to pale as nobody in the Leaf needed context for who he had referred to.

"A-are you certain?" Kotetsu asked as Tetsuo made his findings clear and passed several name tags of the fallen Shinobi to the pair. "Alert the guards of the gate, have them in position on the defensive immediately. Kaneda was sent to report to Lady Hokage himself, for now I need that info on if anyone with those descriptions entered and whoever may have left the Village recently." Tetsuo said, as both Chunin nodded. Izumo quickly dashed to the check points to send word to them while Kotetsu would cross over records of arrivals and departures.

They worked to prepare initial defenses in a hurry, though what was coming had remained an unknown. And that only made it all the more ominous.

Kou walked carefully to the Inuzuka compound, trying not to be too hasty to draw attention to it and not too slow to seem obvious to the fact he was binding it. This of course lead to sperratic pace shifts, as he was now paying concious attention to it, sweating a little bit.

“Ummm, I told him to try and get along with her. Y’a know, being friends and stuff.”

Another lie. How many would he tell? He gulped down his pride as he rounded a corner, the building coming into view. The boy’s pace slowed to a stop. He looked down to the ground. He couldn’t keep lying to her. It felt bad...like a weight. Especially with everything she did for him, she deserved that.

“Sakura, I um...” he started, his throat not letting him speak much more. “I’m not looking for a watch...”

He then looked to the Inuzaka compound longingly, his body language signifying the rest of what he wanted to say.

Zaku gave a whimsical look at the man who was to fix the hole. Seeing as entertainment was in short supply around here, this is the best he got.

“Don’t worry, I’m not gonna attack him or anything-“

He then made a movement toward the man, stopping a a couple feet from him, enough to make him flinch to Zaku’s own delight. He gave out a few laughs, slumping back on the wall. Heh, get your wins when you can get them Zaku.

Atop the walls of the leaf, Bobo was met with an odd boy with two different eyes, Zino. He was quick to talk to the little mime, who didn’t make any sign of taking part in the conversation, instead looking over at the village below. At the end of his last sentence, Bobo’s Head began to slowly turn toward him...agonizingly slow. Ten seconds it took for his head to turn to him, which his deep-set eyes looked into his.

“......... : > ..........”

There was no verbal response. Instead, he lifted a lone finger, booping his nose with the gloves finger.

“Bo!”

Last edited:
Taji was happy that her friends were willing to help her, but she didn't want them to be charged with breaking and entering after breaking down the front door. "If we're going to get my stuff, we need a plan. A genjutsu should work, even if it is a bit difficult for me to do that to my parents. Speed is important, prioritize clothes. Don't bother with a bed or something, it isn't worth it." Exhaling deeply, she looked at Aisha and Kenji. "Got it? Who's ready to practice a retrieval mission?" She smiled, but it was clear that she was nervous. To calm her nerves, Taji began petting Luna and talked to the wolf in a higher pitched voice. "Who's a good boy? Is it you? Or is it your friend?" The wolves had a serene composition in her eyes, always calm and confident, something she wished she was. Not to mention that they were incredibly soft for wolves. "Kenji, may I ask something? What's with the bags? You don't seem like the shopping type to me."

----------

The sound of a hand meeting skin was heard as Mori facepalmed and let out a sigh as if he was deflating. How did he not see this coming? "Of course, it wouldn't be a Tomiko action if it wasn't reckless. I don't know how you came up with the idea or why you though that it was a good idea to add a sail, but I guess the creativity has to be commended." The mole genin looked at the sled and walked around it, inspecting it. Not that he knew what he was looking for, but it seemed like an important action to do before going to God-and-Tomiko-knows-where. "And you're sure that this thing is safe? No one's gonna fall out during that trip?" Shaking his head, he showed a resigned smile. "I honestly don't know why I still stick around you and the gang, but I think this might be one of the reasons. Is it dangerous? Probably. Will there be a chance of injury? Most likely. It keeps life interesting though. Y'know what? Screw it." Mori snapped his fingers before the smile grew wider and more joyful. "I'm in, let's see how far we can get this thing before we crash. This is a moment for the history books folks, a story for the following generation!"

King Mori managed to spy the sled from Mori’s pocket, peeking over the ridges of it. He quickly wriggled the car a little more exposed out of the pocket, grinning literally ear to ear upon the Sled.

King Mori vanished off screen, rushing back covered with snow gear. He had a visor, Ushanka, and thick Wooly coat while donning ski gear. He seemed to be just rearing to go

With the Leaf Village behind them, far enough that Sagisō had already grown bored and dull from the repetitive scenery, the kunoichi started pining for amusement. Her two traveling companions seemed stone-faced and non-plussed, Amari even more so that Katsuo, which resulted in Sagisō settling on the latter as she threw her hook.

"Hey, aren't you bored? Why don't we spar for a bit; work out the muscles y'know?"

“The Akatsuki? I’m listening.”

As soon as Tsunade heard the name of that organization, she knew Jiraiya had some serious information. With so little known about the mysterious group, any knowledge would be vital for them. However, before the Toad Sage could actually begin to reveal this information, the door to the office suddenly burst open. Kaneda came in to find he had intruded on a meeting between two of the legendary Sannin. It was his responsibility to let them know the third member was likely on their way to join this get together.

“Lady Hokage! Lord Jiraiya! Apologies for the interruption, but I bring urgent news. Lady Anko discovered the corpses of a Chūnin squad on patrol north of the village gates. Th-they were faceless! We believe it to be the work of-”

“Orochimaru.”

Cutting Kaneta off, Tsunade immediately knew who the perpetrator was. How could she not? The snake was a former comrade of hers. Jiraiya as well. It seemed like today was a good day for a reunion. Not that she welcomed it completely.

‘But why? He’s not foolish enough to attempt another invasion so soon after the last one. Unless he has allied with another village, then his forces should be spread thin. What else could his motive be? Wait!’

The Hokage believed she may have potentially figured out what his intent may be. Just as she did, four Anbu suddenly appeared in front of Tsunade, awaiting instructions. One of them wore a beige cloak with a hood over their head.

“Go collect each of the prisoners quickly. There are two with the Hyūga and one with the Inuzuka. We’ll have them moved somewhere else more secure in case they are who he’s here for.”

With a nod, three of the Anbu vanished as quickly as they appeared. It was a gamble, but Tsunade believed this was the right call. At the very least, should their location be sniffed out, it would minimize any potential damage to a certain area. If possible, she also wanted to avoid panicking the citizens in the case it was a false alarm.

“The guards at the gate have already been notified as well and should be moving into a defensive position.”

Kaneda added, letting the Hokage know preparations were already in place.

“Good. I want the borders of the village to be secured. Have those patrolling the streets notified as well. Their priority should be protecting the citizens first in the case something happens. Get a team sent as backup to Anko’s position as well. Kaneda, you’ll lead them there.”

The Anbu Captain nodded before disappearing as well. Shizune glanced with a worrisome expression at Tsunade before running off with Tonton to the Jōnin Standby Station to gather a makeshift team to go with Kaneda as backup. With the severe lack of manpower in the village, it was likely that the Hokage herself would also have to take a more active role at the moment. There were some things she had wanted to try out anyways.

“As for me, I need to go upstairs to get some fresh air. You should come along to Jiraiya. This may be a chance to catch up with that dear old friend of ours.”

By upstairs, Tsunade meant the roof of the Hokage residence. A place where she would be able to have a good view of the entire village.

————————​

As Kiro was walking away towards the kitchen, he couldn’t help but notice two Anbu suddenly appear before Kaori. It seemed there was something important going on, but he doubted it was any of his business. Instead, he turned around towards the kitchen. As soon as he did, Kiro found Kaori standing right before him. He hadn’t even seen her move.

“I’ll do you a favor and take this cup off your hand. Seems like something has come and you’re needed somewhere else. So be a good little boy and run along.”

The cup was swiped out of his hand as she beckoned him to go with the Anbu. Instead, Kiro directed a glare at the carefree woman.

“Little boy? That’s a new one. If I don’t feel like it, are you going to put me in time-out?”

Playfully twirling some of her silky black hair around a finger, Kaori had an amused expression as she heard the boy speak. The woman brought the free index finger to her lips as she appeared to be musing for a second. Then she removed the finger with an insouciant look now on her face.

“Oh. Then I’ll just kill you. Seems like my plans for tonight will have to be postponed because of this so it’s only fair.”

The casual manner in which Kaori had threatened Kiro left him frozen. All because her banquet was in jeopardy his life would be forfeit. Was this some type of game to her? Kiro didn't know what was up with this woman. Though her cheerful expression said otherwise, the threat was definitely real. Sensing the unease in the boy, Kaori gently patted his head to reassure him.

“Ah, don’t worry! It would be quick. Besides, I doubt there would be much fuss considering the situation. In any case, have fun~!”

Kaori gave a glance at the two Anbu and they both nodded before she skipped away. One of them went after Kaori as she moved in the direction where Tayuya had gone off in. Meanwhile, the other Anbu got behind Kiro and shoved him forwards.

“Move or you will be moved.”

Kiro turned his head and gave an irate glare towards the Anbu. It had been awhile since he felt the itch of the curse mark on the side of his neck. He was seriously tempted to act out. However, he decided against it and chose to wait until he got a better grasp on the situation. Seeing the prisoner comply, the Anbu then led Kiro away from the place he could’ve called home for the past few months.

————————​

It would’ve saved the village and the clan a lot of trouble if the prisoners were dealt with earlier. Their purpose had been served for the most part. Hinagiku could’ve done so herself on the last mission, but chose not to. Perhaps the woman had grown fond of the prisoners too. Just like she had done so with that “daughter” of hers. Though, that fondness for outsiders wasn’t exactly surprising when one considered her mate of choice. Stifling a giggle, Kaori arrived at her destination.

“Tayuya, my dear, please come on out. You’re needed for something important.”

The head of the White Tiger faction called out to the prisoner, while right outside the room. One Anbu stood beside Kaori, there to escort Tayuya away. If necessary, then she would have to be taken by force.

Naturally Ren sighed at this, really what should he have expected Tomiko to have up her sleeve. The rest of the gang seemed in aww of the new sail feature that was added as Naomi herself seemed wide-eyed impressed. Ren of course being the oldest and most sensible had his safety concerns, which Mori seemed to share as he asked if Tomiko had mad any measures for that.

Then Mori said to hell with caution essentially and was all gung ho about the trip, which caused Ren to facepalm. So much for his hoped assurance from the nicknamed "mole" ninja. Tomiko chuckled as she stood upon the crew's make-shift sled with a prideful if not cheeky grin as she folded her arms over her chest and would answer.

"Course, think I'd risk Ren's wrath over Naomi's safety? I'd never let anything happen to her or anyone here. I set up not only this sail but new seat belts using some strong straps. I also have my own full measure breaks..." Tomiko said, and as if to demonstrate she kicked the sled ahead as it began to move forward though she made hand signs in lightning fast succession soon after. With a twist of her heel, the sled suddenly came to a stop as a pair of light ridges rode on the floor which acted as breaks as she flashed a grin to all parities.

"This along with the main break which is now repaired, should ensure a safe stop." Tomiko assured, and while Ren had doubts even with the visible display it seemed enough for the rest as they moved to strap themselves in. Ren held Naomi by the hand as he moved with her with a reluctant step on. Though he'd keep Naomi on his lap as Naomi made sure to ensure Mr. Snugglepants was safe as the rest of the crew got in position. "This is gonna be awesome!" Hoshi declared.

"So, any evaluation you'd like to give it?" Tomiko asked Mori as an open seat was left for him.

----------
Aisha and Kenji glanced at each other as Taji made he suggestion to use a Genjutsu ploy to sneak in to get what they could get from her place, as a silent agreement seemed to form as both glanced back at Taji with matching coy smirks.

"A trademark of the wolf beyond working in a pack is ambush, this variant of one seems right up my ally." Aisha said as she seemed all in on the plan, with Luna & Sky barking in support as well as Kenji offered a shrug.

"Well, would be far from the first time I had to sneak into a place without notice, so I don't mind helping with this." Kenji added, as he had his own memories play out when he needed to get his stuff out and himself from his parents when he decided to be a ninja. So he seemed more than ready to help out with this little operation.

----------
Instantly Akatsuki had taken a momentary backseat, as the report from this ninja seemed to imply a more immediate threat had arrived. Orochimaru, the snake who put his prized student in a coma and had caused terror & destruction to the village. His former teammate who he had been too weak to stop when it mattered, the single greatest regret that haunts him to this day.

And now he was back. So soon after the last attack, that seemed a bit suicidal given Oto had to have suffered significant losses from their failed campaign. So either Orochimaru was able to get a new ally in a matter of months or he had another motive for coming. Something Tsunade seemed to sense as well as she sent out word to bring the Oto-prionsers to a more secure position and to her credit acted quickly and with decisive action. Jiraiya always sensed she seemed most fitting for this role, though as Tsunade sent the offer to join her on the roof he dropped that thought as he knew well the subtext there.

"Of course, would be rude to turn down a request from the Hokage herself." Jiraiya said, though only with a touch of his usual flair as he understood the likely seriousness of this situation as he followed her to the roof. If that snake really had the nerve to show up for whatever reason, he'd be certain to correct his mistake in his youth and lay him out for good.

-----​

Kou stopped and to his credit seemed to come clean and be somewhat honest with Sakura. As he admitted to a lack of watch as they approached closer to the Inuzuka Compound and he seemed to be shaken with guilt.

Yeah no shit...

Quiet!

Sakura sighed as she had her hands to her hips as she looked Kou in the eye. "Now you know lying isn't a good habit to get into, I would hope you could grow to be a bit honest with me, so then what it is from there you really want?" Sakura asked ever curious though she avoided outright aggression in her tone nor a hint of it.

-----​
Indeed Zaku had gotten his bit of humor, as the poor city worker flinched and jumped back a bit when Zaku approached him. Child or not he knew how dangerous a ninja was especially one of a nation that attacked theirs not so long ago. Though while Zaku succeeded in spooking the poor man, he would feel a presence behind him who had been less amused.

"Oh I insist, let's give the man his space. And by the by a jump scare is a bit amateur, perhaps if I am feeling spirited I can show you some real fear to burn to your skull." Hana said, her usual teasing tone mixed with a slight touch of malice as she aimed to grab Zaku by the ear and in less than dignified fashion drag him out to a spare room to let the worker do his job.

-----​
Zino showed little reaction to this figure as he flicked his nose, as he merely rubbed it for a moment, though it became clear that as odd as he dressed he seemed to be every bit stranger in action & demeanor. Somehow his question to him got not answers but only raised further questions as he raised one lone eyebrow at the colorful figure before he spoke up.

"Charming name, if that is your name. You seem to have a way with words..." Zino mused a bit before he cleared his throat. Seems he'd have to carry the convo, a bit of a twist given previous company but he was always told to expand his social skills and well this would be the most interesting test.

"Seems you are a cheerful type in spite of that, though I do question the big secretive thing. I mean I get privacy is one thing, but something about you just seems to conceal....everything. I can't help but be curious." Zino said, as the odd figure with two eyes gave a somewhat clear hint what he had meant by that given one of his eyes had been pale.

Though as the pair talked, there seemed to be some commotion at the wall. Namely a nearby checkpoint at the top of it to their side that seemed to begin the process for mobilization. As the pair of ninja there seemed on high alert if his trusted eye told him any further details though one question lingered in his mind.

Just what had they been preparing for?

-----​
Tayuya had been working on a new melody for herself, was not as if she had much better to do beyond this and training but her moment of peace seemed shattered as a voice knocked on her room and seemed to insist she come out. Something important? How delightfully vague Tayuya muttered to herself as she none the less tucked her flute away as she moved to the door and opened it seeing one of the esteemed Hyuga present.

Along with an ANBU. Okay this seemed a bit more serious as Tayuya raised an eyebrow. They didn't pull these masked phantom wannabees on duty unless it had been urgent. Or least reason to presume with urgent caution, either way Tayuya's confusion turned slowly to a sly if not slightly smug smirk. "So, something got you spooked this much eh~?"

Tayuya made no effort to resist whatever the pair had planned with her.

Kou felt like a kicked puppy, grabbing his shoulder and looking the opposite direction of Sakura. He was ashamed, and from her tonality, she was disappointed. He hates the feeling. Gulping down the little pride he has, he managed to go through with her demands to state what he wanted.

“I-I want to see boss.” Kou uttered. “I owe him everything, the least I can do is see him. I’ve been too focused on all these bright and shiny things. A pretty festival, a perfect family, good food and-“

He caught himself rambling on, biting his tounge as soon as he caught it. He looked back to Sakura with a pleading expression.

“Just five minutes. That’s all I want.”

“Aye aye aye, easy sister!”

Zaku ringed as he was rather forcully yanked out by his ear. I swear all of these dog lovin’ freaks are tomboys... Zaku broke free of her icy grip, rubbing the spot she nabbed.

“Whatever, at least I’m out of that ratty old cell.” Zaku said, not noticing his pun.

Bobo didn’t respond to Zino’s question regarding his concealing cloak. He never broke eye contact with her. As she scanned his form his eyes stared right back in hers. It was as if...he was seeing more than she was.

Bobo held up his index finger before reaching to pull something out of his cloak. Pulling it out, he revealed a faded pale rose, letting it lay in the palm of his hand. In a motion, he removed his hand, allowing it to seemingly hover upright where his hand used to be.

With this seemingly innocent play, the mime then made a gesture to follow with his index finger. He hopped up, taking one step off the wall just to walk on something that wasn’t there. He then took another step, and another, and another...

Several cloaked figures began to move along the brush outside the hidden leaf, calmly walking toward the front gates with their appendages and face hidden beneath their garb. Walking at a snail’s place, the mysterious cloaked men then froze onece reaching the front of the gate.

“We must...begin...”

"What's the situation? Under whose orders do you act?"

A gentle voice, in affably well-mannered tones, specter-ed a ways away—at least some tens of meters—from the Anbu Agents. Its source, the Cheif Matron of the Hyūga Clan, Natsu, who had, ostensibly, sought purpose behind the movement of the Leaf's Black Ops. Meant for the Anbu's ears, and no one else's, the message had been channeled and directed with chakra; her words traveled along a one-lane high-way that isolated the message. Her gaze had been following the Anbu Agents ever since their arrival in the Clan, but she maintained her distance, aware of the subtle suggestions and meanings her presence could have. It would not do to have too many big-wigs buzzing around.

The lengths to which she had gone were, in her own consideration, only the barest of necessities. The elite and secretive squad of shinobi, the Anbu Black Ops, were not moved heedlessly. Their every action was taken under the directive of the Hokage and they were only assigned to the most critical of tasks. Their very appearance within the Hyūga Clan was, by nature—and ironically diametrically opposed to their own nature—eye-catching, and though they shared some unspoken presupposition with Kaori, the ever-diligent maid, in pedantic fashion, could not let such acts stand on implicit compliance. That was especially so when the acts in question infringed upon matters under the purview of the Clan.

That the Black Ops would be moved was already odd; but, with the consideration that they had moved against a Noble Clan and without any prior notice from the higher-ups, the situation became down-right bizarre. Bizarre enough, that Natsuo had no choice but to inquire, lest she found herself unable to give an account when her Grace, the Clan Head, returned.

"The will of the Hokage is that of Fire."

Adding that line as an addendum, Natsu sent one more message with the same channeled voice. The phrase was a hint as, with her Byakugan, Natsu had noted one of the Anbu had the affinity for Fire Nature. If they were acting under the orders of the Hokage they would only need to stir their Fire-Natured chakra. It would be a swift and undetectable response; one that transmitted all the information Natsuo needed to know while leaving the two prisoners none the wiser. The latter was, of course, assured. Neither of the two prisoners was a sensory type of such caliber so as to pick up on such a faint stir in chakra and neither was the Uchiha's Sharingan activated to take note of the flow of chakra around him.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Seiun
The former Ame-nin grinned smugly as he witnessed the carnage that he had caused. Unfortunately, one of the dying guards managed to call for reinforcements as he was breathing his last.

"Shit, I guess the party's over..." Seiun sighed in an exaggerated manner before shifting his focus to actually escaping. Then it hit him: the Gahedra is an all-purpose tool. With this in mind, the rogue shinobi grabbed the handle of the weapon with both hands and held it out to him horizontally. Once he did that, he allowed 30 of the feelers to shape themselves into a contraption resembling a hang glider, with the remaining 10 being used to create a sort of armor. Now that he was prepared, Seiun ran forward to gain speed, and manipulated the contraption to flap its edges like a bird. Once he had gotten enough air, the former Ame-nin was content to glide above the land of Kirigakure while he studied the area to see if there were any that desired to strike him out of the sky.
Tsuki
The trip back to the jailhouse was lonely since there was no one else to accompany her. But the Yuki-nin was too busy with her mission to let loneliness sink into her heart. Eventually, she found herself near the gates of the prison that her former slave was held in.

I'll tell them that I'm visiting a prisoner to deliver a message from their loved ones, that should let me get inside so I can focus on guiding my needles to kill Seiun.

Now that she had a way to put herself in position to execute the plan, Tsuki was able to walk up to the guards with confidence.

"Excuse me," The Yuki-nin began with a business-like tone, "May I enter your facility? One of the prisoner's loved ones asked me to deliver a message on account that said loved one couldn't make the trip themselves,"

"I'm sorry young lady, but we can't accept visitors right now," The left guard made sure that he didn't sound condescending as he spoke to Tsuki, "One of our prisoners has escaped, so we are tightening security," Naturally, the icy kunoichi didn't take kindly to this news. A criminal at large was concerning in of itself, but there was a specific criminal that she was truly worried about escaping.

"Do you know what they look like?" There was an audible quiver of fear in Tsuki's voice, but she fought to recompose herself, "If so, could you describe them to me?" The two guards took some time to think to themselves, and the right guard came up with enough to form a profile of the escaped convict.

"The prisoner in question had blue hair, pale skin, wore a yellowish green shirt with a black trenchcoat and grey jeans," The right guard stated in a matter-of-fact tone, "Do you know anyone who matches that profile?" Unfortunately, Tsuki's fears had seemingly come to pass.

"Yes, I do..." Her tone made her concern evident, "His name is Seiun Yasei. He used to be under my employment in an effort to correct his murderous behavior. And while it seemed to work, he was only pretending to put me off my guard," The guards took the information they had received into consideration before they spoke again.

"We'll report the information you've given to our superiors, thank you," The left guard replied, "Unfortunately, I'll have to ask you to leave if you have nothing else to share," With this in mind, Tsuki had no more reservations about leaving, but there was one lingering in her mind.

What am I going to tell Hama-sensei...

Last edited:
In response to the silent whisper which questioned their intent, the Anbu by Kiro subtly ignited his chakra. That should be satisfactory enough to settle any qualms the Hyūga may have had. A moment later, the other Anbu appeared with Tayuya in tow. Her appearance garnered some interest from Kiro as it became apparent something important was going down.

“So they’re even bringing you along as well. Seems like things are finally about get interesting again.”

Kiro greeted his former roommate as they were quickly ushered away by the Anbu. The two prisoners were to be taken to a secure holding cell for the time being. Watching from a distance was Kaori. Rather, she was now walking towards her favorite head maid. Natsu’s intervention couldn’t be missed by her byakugan after all. In a jovial manner, Kaori spoke to the woman.

“Seems like you’ve taken notice as well. Care to know the rest now or shall I go on ahead Natsuo~?”

———————​

Arriving on the roof of the hokage residence gave Tsunade a decent view of the entire village. However, she wasn’t the only one overseeing her grandfather’s creation. Four stone faces gazed upon the village, or rather down at her. Like the ones who’s faces had been carved into stone, now it was her turn to watch over the village and protect it. That was the expectation and responsibility that had now fallen to the Fifth Hokage. Confidently, Tsunade stared into the distance and let her thoughts be expressed with the gentle breeze during this calm before the storm.

“It’s quite beautiful, isn’t it?”

Jiraiya had arrived on the rooftop not long after, though while Tsunade seemed to just enjoy the sights he had known what she really meant by this. The burden, the responsibility that came with a title Hokage and what it meant to oversee and protect this entire village...it was something their sensei and his pupil had gone through and now his own teammate. Something which required a greater degree of strength than he ever had capacity to possess.

But, while he may not have been a leader, he still called the Land of Fire his own and he'd defend his own from whatever coming threat. He had failed too often in his life when it mattered to give anything less than that now.

"Indeed it is. And it will remain beautiful, regardless of what happens..." Jiraiya said, with assurance and confidence the village would see this threat through better than the previous attempt.

-----​
Sakura blinked as she listened to Kou as he explained his true purpose, to meet this "boss" of his which by this point most familiar with the boy tied to Zaku. Okay but why the Inuzuka Compound? Was this were he was held to stay, like Kiro and the Oto girl with the Hyuga? And if so how did Kou know of that? Then it clicked in the kunoichi's head as despite what one would presume she had finished as the top academic student for a reason.

The rat!

Little kid got a freakin spy among us, man he really is of Oto-influence!

Calm down, he seems to only used it to scout. He just wants to see him, kid cares a lot about this guy and he probably got concerned.

Yeah I can see why. Casually murders innocents, consistently cruel & remorseless to almost everyone, all around giant dick. A real role model.

Zaku indeed may be all those things, but the fact is unfortunately Zaku seems to have one side of him that is at least somewhat humane that Kou has seen. It might be a small, almost non-existent side but it is there so his view will differ from anyone else's.

Look I am sure Orochimaru made somebody's day once. That doesn't make him a beacon of virtue no matter the POV. Same applies to that ass.

Not the point, we just need to approach this with a wider view.

Whatever floats your boat, this is your problem not mine.

Sakura had thought over the request, which in truth was harmless enough. Heck visitors were allowed to visit the Hyuga and by extension Kiro & that Oto girl and so long as supervision was present which the Inuzuka seemed assured enough to do that seemed like a harmless visit on its own.

"Alright, but I'm coming to. Will likely be easier for you if I am there to act as a "supervisor" of sorts. But I don't see the harm in a visit..." Sakura said, though she had also wanted to go mostly to act as a fact checker for whatever Zaku may say or claim about his situation. All things considered a stay with the Inuzuka was a kindness given his actions up to now but she'd hold her tongue on that.

-----​
"Cell? If a regular bedroom on top of an even larger compound is a "cell" to you then you should check your standards princess." Hana teased as she found another guest room and motioned for Zaku to enter if he desired to.

"No need to worry, as a medical ninja I am trained to know what the body can and cannot endure. So you don't need to worry about damage to the ear with my technique~" Hana said with a wink.

Tsume had been in her office when she picked up a few scents near the compound. Nothing unusual from the Clan Head's perspective, except a couple of scents had that distinctive odor to them she had known all too well.

Oh joy...the fox face brigade.

Tsume's rather "affectionate" internal nickname to the ANBU as she knew they had been approaching, as she opted to move to the entrance of the compound to meet them for their coming arrival. The wait was not long.

Woosh!

The two figures stood before Tsume, one an ANBU woman with long purple hair and another who seemed to have a curious monkey-themed mask. The former spoke up as they stood before her.

"Apologies for the sudden arrival, but we need the boy. Hokage's orders, for the time being he is being moved. Security measure." Yugao explained as Tsume eyed the pair, but once she saw a seal of approval on hand that confirmed their words she jutted her thumb behind her as the monkey-mask ANBU entered inside. Tsume glanced at Yugao with a natural desire for context.

"May I ask why our hands are not secure enough?" Tsume asked, as Yugao stared back though with the mask Tsume had little way to discern a true reaction from her but it had not taken the ANBU to answer.

"It is not any slight on your capabilities, I assure you, and clarification will come but let's just say a situation has come up and maximum precaution is being taken. Just be prepared." Yugao said, a rather vague comment but the serious tone behind it conveyed all she needed to.

-----​
"Who knows, these guys seem to be pissing their pants alone is amusing to me but I won't get my hopes up. But still it is more exciting than most days..." Tayuya mused as she and Kiro were led from the Hyuga towards what seemed to be a new cell which of course caused an internal groan. Great, granted she had not been the most gracious guest with the Hyuga but least the compound had some space. This was now a literal prison as she felt her spirit die bit by bit.

If they claim this is some behavior issue I swear to Kami somebody is getting a shot in the crotch for this...

-----
Zino had to split his focus between the curious Bobo and whatever the guards in the nearby wall station had been up to though thankfully for them his Byakugan eye made it easier as they lacked means to shield from it as he saw their discussion and through lip reading seemed to spot certain phrases like "all eyes around" and "prepare for movement" which confused the young hybrid more than anything.

Though that paled in comparison for Bobo, who cast an inviting finger to Zino before he had began to just walk on the air. As if he had solid ground to stand on which raised far too many questions to his liking.

"Well....you are certainly a curious one. Though I sadly lack the ability to tell all the laws of physics that they can take a break to follow sadly." Zino said though a Chunin quickly moved up to their position as he seemed a touch alarmed; both by the fact two younger ninja had casually been up here and well whatever Bobo had been doing.

"Alright I need you two off the wall now." The Chunin said matter of factly as they needed to secure each section and these two had to be moved in preparation for what may come. Zino seemed confused by willing though Bobo may have been tricker to move.

-----
However, the figures who seemed to approach were far from alone.
Tailing them had been Anko's search snakes, and snakes was the correct term as more than one had zeroed in on the figures as a few of them picked up on their distinct traces. The snakes formed a small pack as they subtly kept pace with the mysterious group before they moved in position.

Woosh!
A trio of kunai flashed and stuck the ground just before the figures, as above them in a tree Anko glanced down as she seemed to have a sly smirk; toothpick in place as she eyed the figures curiously.

"Given the ugly cloaks, I am gonna presume that you guys are not happy tourists. Well on the spirit of generosity I'll grant you one chance to state your business and comply with my orders peacefully while I am in a good mood." Anko said, though as she had made her flashy entrance her quiet companions made their move, as they'd silently lung out to the figures from behind as they'd aim to bite on their back ankles and if they could sink their fangs inject the figures with a strong dosage of their paralyzing venom. Just to ensure they'd be of no immediate threat if all went well, though Anko had been prepared for just about anything.

-----​
Tetsuo moved with a frantic step, as according to the reports there had been a trio of Konoha Genin who went out for what was presumed "training" and needed to be brought in. Thankfully other parities had likely been to the border by now or away from immediate danger as he soon came to a clearing where it seemed Ino had been in a Taijutsu spar with Aki while Takato looked on; stroking Mittens gently as he watched with a bored expression. Though all eyes soon turned to the Chunin.

"I need you three to return with me to the village, quickly."

"Good information is the crux of any situation."

With the slightest of nods, Natsu prompted Kaori to continue speaking. If her fellow compatriot was more knowledgable than she on the current sitch, then it went without saying that Natsu wanted to be brought up to speed.

However, just because she wasn't moving at the same speed as other, more informed, members of the village, didn't mean she would remain stationary. While she waited for Kaori to continue her explanation, Natsu passed down an alert through the networking of maids and servants under her command. The Hyūga Clan was slowly being roused to action, its four ancient beasts stirring from slumber.

The Xuanwu was the first to awaken, but with no clear foe in sight, it hunkered down. Brandishing its sturdy shell—a crisscrossing network of Hyūga-teams, each six Hyūga strong and arranged in moderately-spaced, hexagonal-lattices—the Xuanwu was the Clan's first, and primary, line of defense. Between the cracks of the turtle's rigid shell was the soft downy plumage of vermillion feathers. Woven throughout the lattice, these feathers—composed of two-Hyūga units—while much softer than the shell, provided tender support that held the shell in place, bracing it and absorbing damage that would otherwise shatter the shell.

While the Black Tortoise of the North and the Vermillion Bird of the South wearily watched preened for eventual danger, the remaining two divine beasts remained in slumber. Headless, the Azure Dragon of the East, though its scales gleamed wickedly, had resorted to a more passive approach. Its body wound around the fortress of hardy shell and soft down, and then it constricted, muscle and scale compacted the bestial formation and further reinforced it.

Only the White Tiger of the West, playful yet predatory, had not yet deigned to open its eyes; but, as Natsu stared into the mind of the beast, it appeared that with the dragon headless, the Tiger would assume its majesty.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Eventually, Taiyo managed to get himself to the medical ward of the Hyūga, mainly through guidance of the maids that worked there. However, the FBS master found out that he wasn't the only person visiting the medical ward at this hour, but it seemed that there were only few other people waiting in line. This allowed the fiery shinobi to feel comfortable with taking a seat to wait for a doctor once he told the receptionist that he was there for a check-up.
???
Once again, the man found himself forced to sit and wait for people. Though being in a position of authority often requires one to wait for their subordinates to produce results, he found his patience wearing thin. As if on cue, one of the very subordinates that was under his employ requested entry into his quarters, a request that he was happy to fulfil.

"Sir, I have this week's status report ready," The person who entered was a man noticably younger than his superior, who seemed to be somewhere between his 20s and 30s.

"Let me hear it Adjutant, I grow tired of contemplating the walls," The boss's tone was business-like, but it held elements of playful sarcasm when speaking to his more trusted underlings.

"Very well," The younger man cleared his throat before he began, "Most operations are going as usual, but there has been a noticable setback as of late," The deputy knew how much his boss hated setbacks, yet he could notice his superior's attempts at keeping composure.

"Don't hold back information for my sake, its never helpful," By now, the playful sarcasm had left the man's voice, indirectly telling his adjutant that he was serious.

"The trainee that was sent to the Leaf to retrieve a child was compromised by a Hyūga
. My sources tell me that the clan was apparently holding a festival during this time," Once the young man finished his statement, he noticed that the boss pounded the table he was sitting at in frustration. While admittedly startled, The deputy tried to retain his composure so he could accurately listen to what his superior had to say.

"Clearly, no one seemed to have taught him the art of punctuality nor the art of subtlety!" At this point, the boss allowed himself to express his emotions before resuming to business as usual, "Send out a message to our most proficient agents in Konohagakure. Tell them that their boss has given them a new mission: secure the trainee that failed if possible and secure the child he failed to regardless," Naturally, the the deputy wasted no time in leaving his boss's quarters to carry out the order, leaving the boss to contemplate the wall once again.

The shinobi of today are clearly lacking in key areas. Perhaps an overhaul of the system of education is in order...

Kou nodded to Sakura, a faint smile on his face, one reflecting gratitude as well as that of shame for his lying. He didn’t say anything, just walking up to the compound. The inzuka guards were hesitant to let the boy even close to the entrance, but upon seeing Sakura in tow with him, they carefully stepped to the side.

Now if my brother was right, I’m supposed to go forward a bit...turn a right...then...

“You. I don’t like you.”

Zaku didn’t have much in the way of comebacks toward his dog training captor, especially since she still had him as technically a prisoner. Not a favorable situation for him to be in for sure, especially not to push his luck. But now that he was out of his cell...maybe he could find a way out of here. Getting out of the compound should be child’s play, but stayin’ out is the hard part with this seal on me. Damn...how am I gonna remove his thing? I just need to get it off and these chumps can’t possibly hold me! Maybe Tayuya knows how to undo these seals, that’s like the thing that she-

“Boss??”

Zaku snapped out of his thoughts in an instant. Only one person called him that. Turning to his left, he saw Kou rushing down the hall. Surprised to see the younger boy, he didn’t have much time to react before Kou wrapped him in a hug. How did he even get in here? It wasn’t clear until Sakura walked out behind him. Oh.

“Hey hey, not like I died here kid, lay off.”

“Sorry About that, I’m just glad that I found you again...”

Forcing himself off Zaku, Kou gave him a toothy grin. He had begun to think he wouldn’t see him again due to his imprisonment. He’s just glad it didn’t turn out that way.

Zaku looked to Sakura, an eyebrow raised and an suspicious yet cocky expression on his face.

“So what? You tell him where I was or somethin’ pinky?”

The rodent warrior traversed the under workings of the world, crawling through crevices and holes, making his way inside the inuzaka compound walls. Approaching Zaku’s chamber, the unnamed rat was caught off guard by a new piece of information.

The hole was sealed.

Or to be more accurate, was recently sealed, what appeared to me movements on the other side casted shadows on the paste, lathering on more layers. It would appear that they had expected this ploy, their enemy was cunning. But how cunning? For it was unwise to leave a warrior of his esteem unchecked. Very unwise.

Unsheathing his trusty blade, he thrust his intrument at the freshly laid mix, his sword poking a whole through it. Seemed like it could be pierced...!

“Huh...that’s odd.”

The man fixing the imperfection in the wall saw a hole suddenly appear in plaster. Maybe it was just an air bubble. No big deal. As he lathered some plaster over it, another hole appeared, and then another, and another. The man didn’t know what to think, stepping back as a matter of precaution. Suddenly, a rat carrying a used feather burst out of the mix, leaping on to the man.

“Ah, ahh!!! I hate my jooooob!”

The cloaked figures saw Anko and her team approach, seeming to expect such a reunion from waltzing up to the front gate. One of them, the supposed leader creaked open a wicked smile.

“Anko..the betrayer. Oh you so-so quickly disregarded our glorious master’s teachings, hm? Yes-yes? It’s too late...even for you. I would do anything to please my master...anything....”

The groveling voice of the man grew wretched and grainy, discarding his cloak to the ground. The other men did the same thing. What was seen was alarming. The men’s bodies had been horribly scarred, kanji and ancient wiriting mutilated into flesh. Their hands were bloody, hurt by the knives in their other hands. What were they doing?! The snakes chose that opportunity to bite their ankles, venom flowing into their bodies. However, it didn’t seem to worry them despite the fact a deadly toxin was in their bloodstream.

“You have any idea what I would give to be his pupil?! You just threw it away! But i’ll Show you... i’ll Show you what true devotion is!!!!”

Fighting their poisoned forms, they slammed their bloodied hands on their chests, their entire bodies lighting up in red. The symbols began to glow, blood erupting from them as steam burned from the symbols.

“Bobo.”

Bobo didn’t much respond to the guard, never taking his eyes off of Zino. He held out one finger, the rose he cast just prior levitating toward him to balance on the finger. Suddenly, all the rose petals fell off. The rose appeared to die outside of the stem, which remained a bright green. Out of nowhere, it began to crack and contort, the stem snapping itself into the shape of a wriggly snake.

“Bo.”

Just as he said those words, the crazed men near Anko exploded into a clouds of gore, smoke filling the scene short after. Arising from the smoke were five individual gigantic armored snakes. The snakes had steel covering them with spikes that sprang out from every segment.

The snakes hissed and coiled over the leaf, the force of their summoning throwing the wind off. Bobo’s stem snake then whilted and died, leaving the mime to stare at the crossbred ninja, not paying a mind to the new snake arrivals.

“Bo.”

“Nnnnnh....”

Reaver stirred, his hazy vision focusing on the light in the middle of the room. As his vision slowly returned to him, he examined his surroundings. his mask placed beside him on the table, alongside some kind of liquid, perhaps the extract from the procedure?

This is strange...

That’s odd. Normally you speak by now.

His inner voice seemed to have vanished via the procedure. Unresponsive. Not only that, but his aggression had...subsided? ...subsided? Me? My anger knows no bounds! I’ll prove it!

He rose to flip he table next to him, only to stop once his fingers fell under the edges. Why couldn’t he flip it? He was thinking of...consequences? He’s had no trouble killing dozens of genin, yet he draws a line at a table? What the hell was going on?!

“Whath happening to me??” Reaver yelled in a lisp.

“We͟ a͞r̡e͏ ͡oń the͢ ҉ou͜t̛s͝kirts̸ ͠of́ the͞ ͜m̸i͠s̡t͡, so ̛we̕ s͜h͏ou̵ld ́l̶įmi̸t t̶h͢e a͢m͟ou̕nt ͢of ͜ęy̴e͞s on ͞us ̵fo̴r no̵w.͘.͜.”

That’s when B.O.S.E.C. Caught a kunai with a feeler, a kunai that would have stricken seiun in his back.the specter looked down at the throwers, which seemed to be four armored guards in pursuit.

““͡I’̴m s̕u͏r̷e ̵yǫù cán take t͝h̶em͝ ҉oùt f̶r͘om th̕is҉ ̧ra͟n̷ge.̀ J̵u̢st ̷do̕ it̴ q͢uick͠.́ H̸unter͢ ̛n͜i̸n ̧Ma̵y s҉o͠o͘n҉ ͟b̶e̷ di̵şpa͜tc̷héd.”

Last edited:
"I didn't think you would, Ren could probably give both of us a run for our money if something happened to Naomi. Not to mention he has an odachi as well. Not sure if he can use it to its full potential, but that is still quite scary, even in the hands of a civillian. I also seriously doubt you'd put Naomi in danger to begin with, but that is a discussion for a different time. We don't want to keep people waiting for their adrenaline rush, no? Nice job on the brakes by the way, hopefully they won't be needed though. I didnt know that you could cast hand signs that fast, way to keep me on edge." Mori complimented Tomiko as he gave her a thumbs up along with a grin.

"I am glad you asked. Everyone, please listen." Mori cleared his throat before facing the gang. "Welcome on this one of a kind ride, make sure that you all are strapped in. After putting this sled through some intensive safety checks, I declare this ride to be safe for use! Should both brakes fail, there is an emergency brake on board in the shape of yours truly. Miss Usagi, if you would like to do the honors of getting this thing rolling?" Announcing to everyone that the sled was ready to go, he made a small bow and extended a hand to Tomiko as if she was about to open a museum with a pair of scissors that were on a pillow that he carried. He'd get in right before the sled got up to speed, he just liked being dramatic.

----------

"Ambush huh? Let's see how good you are at that. If Luna or Sky is shedding fur, could you leave them outside as sentries? I'm positive in my ability to cast a strong enough genjutsu that will leave them unable to recall anything and hopefully just treat it as a dream, but wolf fur is going to be hard to explain, especially since my mom is adamant about the 'no pets' rule." Taji explained to Aisha, relieved that both of her friends were willing to help her get her stuff back. "A bit of an unnerving comment Kenji, but one that is useful for our current mission without any pay. I've got a bit of a plan, feel free to add or comment on anything you might have an opinion on as this mission is not allowed to fail. Someone knocks on the door and hides whilst I stand with my back against the wall, allowing me to cast a tactile genjutsu on whoever comes out."

Stopping for a second to flinch inwardly at her poor word choice, she continued with a small voice crack at the beginning of her sentence. "When either one of my parents is caught, I enter and transform into them to disable the other one. After that, we can get my stuff. Be mindful of footsteps, so take the front door again to exit. Only bother with the essential clothes, any fancy colored shirts or anything like that will stay. Try to get the same clothes as I am wearing now and if possible, get some warmer clothes as well. I'll stay downstairs with my parents to avoid suspucion and reinforce the genjutsu if they somehow break out. They're civillians, but they have basic ninja know-how because of the habit of testing my knowledge during my academy days. I recommend waiting till nightfall to have the cover of darkness and avoid having witnesses. If the clothes are dumped in the meantime, we can just pick them up. Is everything clear?" The kunoichi finished explaining her plan, hoping that the others knew their role. Even though it wasn't too dangerous of a mission, Taji didn't want to get caught no matter what. She really hoped that it didn't come to a confrontation between her and her parents, even though it would be an easy victory with her having access to jutsu.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Seiun
As soon as he was informed that he was in the outskirts of the Mist village, Seiun couldn't resist grinning smugly at the news. While he initially thought that there was a very low chance of him escaping in the first place, he felt proud of himself for getting this far at all. Thanks to B.O.S.E.C, he would be alive long enough to go further, but only if he were to take down his pursuers. With this new goal in mind, the rogue shinobi waited until his altitude naturally dropped until he could touch the ground. Once he was on the ground, he was able to spot the armored warriors who wanted to catch him, which allowed him to aim his weapon's feelers at his opponent's necks with better accuracy than if he were in the air. Once the feelers had grabbed onto the necks of the armored warriors, he intended to electrify the chakra-infused feelers in an effort to increase the fatality of the choking attack.

Okay B.O.S.E.C, I get what you're saying about laying low, but how do you suggest that I do that?
Tsuki
Once again, the Yuki-nin found herself walking back to the manor alone. Though she was attempting to put on a brave face, Tsuki was scared witless over the events that had transpired recently. Not only did Seiun masterfully manipulate her into trusting him, but he also managed to get out of jail through methods that were entirely out of her understanding. Eventually, she had gotten to the Yuki manor and made her way to the door of Hama's room.

Would it really be wise for me to tell her what happened? I mean, she was counting on me to succeed, and I didn't even get a chance! There's no way that she won't be disappointed in me, and I honestly think that I deserve it at this point for being a failure in every regard...

With her doubtful thoughts accumulating as time progressed onwards, Tsuki stifled herslef from knocking on her mentor's door until she had determined a definitive course of action.

Then again, I feel that it would be even more foolish for me to withhold this crucial information...even if revealing it would inevitably put me into deep trouble...

"Hama-sensei, I-I have some bad news..." Steeling her resolve, Tsuki nervously began to speak as she knocked on her mentor's door, "Seiun's...gone. He....escaped before I arrived. I'm sorry..."

"Well let's say during my training with miss Kurotsuchi I picked up a few tricks beyond just pulling strength from the Earth. I would reveal more but we technically will be competitors in the Chunin Exams so....rather keep up the suspense to reveal at a more appropriate time." Tomiko said with a playful smirk as Naomi had a chuckle and Ren rolled his eyes but none the less Mori had been met with a passioned wave of approval from the crew as they all were strapped and ready for the ride ahead.

Tomiko grinned as she was given the green light, and quickly moved to the back of the sled. With every bit of muscle she could put in a single push, she shot the sled ahead as quickly she jumped to the controls while the wind picked up on the sail and they began to move with speed forward. The ride through the rocky formations had began!

----------
"If fur is your concern here well...." Aisha said, as Luna & Sky quickly leapt up to her as quickly hand signs had been formed and in a cloud of smoke out came two figures that seemed spitting images of Aisha; Luna & Sky who had assumed their man-beast clone forms as Sky seemed focused, serious and determined. While Luna flashed an awkward wave to the pair, either way they seemed to fix the fur concern Taji had in a hurry. Regardless she and Kenji listened to Taji's plan as it seemed sound enough though when asked for commentary Kenji had his own question.

"Seems solid enough, though what would you consider to be the essential above essential stuff? Figured it would be better if we know what to grab since you say some shirts and pants are not to worry over so I just want to know if in specific you had anything you you had to have when me and Aisha here begin our little night raid while you keep the folks busy." Kenji said, as beyond the clarification he seemed to have the general idea in hand and all parities seemed to like the plan enough.

----------

"Oh company, always fun to see fresh faces. Though some notice would have been nice." Hana mused as Sakura & Kou entered soon after and the little touching reunion between Zaku and Kou, well touching in that the kid seemed happy though even as Sakura tried to focus on that the distain she had on Zaku was hard to contain as she glanced at him with the sharpest of subtle scowls as she folded her arms over the chest as she heard his question.

"After your stunt in the hospital word on where you were being placed was hard to come by. He found you on his own, though he had help..." Sakura mused, as really part of her wished she had the ability to set one on fire with a gaze.

That would be the best jutsu!

"Much as this reunion is fun. I am afraid I need to take him off your hands Lady Inuzuka." The voice of a reserved if not quiet young man said as the ANBU with a monkey mask came in, Hana naturally had questions but once she heard Tsume approved of it kept silent in spite of natural curiosity.

The figure glanced Zaku's way and extended a hand. "Come. We must not lag any longer."

Sakura of course had her own questions about this arrangement, not for any love of Zaku but she figured she should ask the questions before Kou inevitably did. "So what is this ab..."

-----
Boom!
As the five loyal nuts of Orochimaru began to convulse and seemingly transform into these monstrous snakes, the kunai she had stuck right in front of them inevitably got pressed under their large mass. kunai that had been slipped an explosive surprise as in succession paper bombs attached to each would explode at the base of the beasts. Anko had been quick, not one to wait to see what damage or lack-thereof the simple explosives did as she jumped back and already had began to form hand signs...along with having had out what seemed to be some bottled sake.

"Believe me you were not missing much, but if you want a taste of what that time was like...Fire Style: Crimson Stream Jutsu!"

Anko had tossed not just the one bottle of sake towards the multiple serpents, but several of them she seemed to have comfortably inside her jacket. Perhaps a treat for herself once her tour ended, though the sheer number of them seemed to question how much she owed somebody but regardless she aimed to smash the bottles as projectiles against the snakes as her aim seemed to be to douse them in the alcohol before she unleashed a powerful stream of fire from her mouth as she aimed to set the beasts ablaze with the sake intended to add literal fuel to her fire.

-----​
Elsewhere, the alarms sounded and the Leaf jumped into action. Inoichi had already been at work with the Yamanaka as they worked with HQ to organize escape routes on top of feed communication while the other Clan Heads worked with other ninja to move their civilians to safety, while the members free clan or no clan prepared to take defensive positions.

At the gate themselves, the guards in position began to fire with flame and wind jutsu at the giant snakes, looking to keep the beast beyond the walls and to aid Anko in her efforts till reinforcements arrived.

-----​
"Hana, with me! You get people to the evac lines in need on the double!" Tsume called out as the older Inuzuka like the others present had picked up a troubling scent before the thunderous hiss and explosions were heard just outside the gate. Hana nodded as her mother passed commands to others to move the civilians of their clan to safety while Hana turned to the group. "You should go with them, it will be safer."

"Go Yugao, you are needed. I can take the boy to his destination." The Monkey-faced ANBU assured, and Yugao nodded as she departed quickly ready for battle as he took Zaku by the hand and prepared to leave.

"W-what is happening!?" Sakura called out in concern, as she glanced out the window and saw what seemed to be a large shadow by the gate. Was that some sort of monster? And if outside the gate then...

Ino!

That girl is gonna get herself killed, of all days to decide you want to go out to train!

Sakura naturally scrambled to think of what to do, even as an Inuzuka tried to get her and Kou moving with the other civilian Inuzuka. But Sakura knew she had people to get to so quickly she flashed hand signs and formed two clones, as she had one keep close to Kou while she had sent the other off to go to her parents. To ensure they made it with the civilian escorts as she turned to Kou and gave a serious look as she crouched to meet him at eye level.

"Alright, just stay with my clone and get to safety. I'll be fine, don't worry, but you keep yourself safe okay." Sakura asked, as the worker fled the room in terror. No hourly pay had been worth all this! Between the rats and the giant snakes he could not work under such conditions, and with that Sakura left the scene quick as she could as she knew she could not leave out the main gate to get to where Ino's group where on the outside. She'd have to find another section of the wall to scale, and as her eyes focused she knew just where to go as quickly she'd make her way to the Hyuga aiming to cut around the compound and work herself to that free section of wall to the side.

This is insane you know that right, we could die out there! We shouldn't be doing this if that snake is back, we need to get to safety!

Ino is out there, and until I can conform she is safe that they are safe I won't just leave her. I won't leave them. Don't you remember what Kakashi-sensei always said?

Yeah yeah "those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash", just...gah, if we survive this don't you ever let Ino live this down!

Wouldn't have it any other way.

-----​
Zino much like the guard were stunned as through a thunderous roar suddenly five giant monsters were right by their area as both his eyes & Dojutsu flared up as needless to say unlike Bobo Zino seemed to have been caught off guard.

The hell what is....when did...!?

"We are leaving now!"

The guard produced thread as he wrapped it around Zino and attempted to on Bobo, as there was little room for debate in his mind as the Chunin aimed to pull them both to him and carry them away from the scene while others in his section continued to fire support towards Anko against the monster snakes. As Zino was pulled he had a thousand questions on his mind, though one seemed to rise above all others.

Did...did this guy, know this would happen?

-----​
Outside the village, Takato and his friends along with Tetsuo saw the large smoke cloud as several giant snakes seemed to tower over the gates as quickly battle had broken out which caused the Genin varying degrees of alarm and Tetsuo to curse. No way they'd make it back through the gates, they needed to find another way in to get them with the civilians and younger ninja to the evacuation tunnels.

Mittens naturally hid under Takato's hood as she had been terrified, and the Nara member tried to ease her with pets as Ino began to ask questions though was cut off by Tetsuo.

"We need to get to the village, and in a hurry. Just follow me and stay quiet." Tetsuo insisted as he'd lead the group looking to find another way into the village.

-----​
"Well, that didn't take long. His little cult always seems to make quite the entrance for better or worse."

The commotion had not gone unnoticed by the Toad Sage, as his eyes turned to the multiple large serpents that seemed just ready to charge the village itself. Naturally he had been quick to raise a thumb to draw blood as he figured a summon would help keep the beasts back. Though as he did, he could not help but linger on how....straight forward this attack seemed to be. Five summons right outside the gate, Orochimaru was a lot of things but this kind of direct offensive was far from his style. He wondered if Tsunade suspected something similar....

Last edited: