• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Reminding you yet again that discussion threads are for discussion about the RP, on the subject of the RP, and are NOT a place to post SPAM and short posts. This is NOT a chat room.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Apologies, anyway @Zcraftgaming I just wanna point out that Lako hasn't taken a single hit yet, so there's that, I barely got hit, but after those last two attacks, I should be drained of most of my chakra. So yeah.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
She's using a lot of her chakra, she only has like 1 eighth left XD also, THOSE COULDVE KILLED NAGATO IF HE DIDNT DODGE IT AND THE OTHER IS METEOR SIZED

Technically speaking Tomiko only looked at them for a moment before she clutched her fists to avoid direct eye contact and then yelled in Kiro's general direction. And Kiro had yet to find her.

But I do not know what Genjutsu your guy can do.

From the time of your post, there is no definite time of events. For all we know, Kiro could’ve already been watching her. You even said that she noticed the tomoe while she was squinting to get a better look. That’s more than enough time to get a genjutsu set. Don’t worry, it’s not gonna be some Itachi type genjutsu. Now that Kiro has activated his sharingan, I am planning to finish the battle in the next few posts. That basically means I won’t be giving anymore leeway.

From the time of your post, there is no definite time of events. For all we know, Kiro could’ve already been watching her. You even said that she noticed the tomoe while she was squinting to get a better look. That’s more than enough time to get a genjutsu set. Don’t worry, it’s not gonna be some Itachi type genjutsu. Now that Kiro has activated his sharingan, I am planning to finish the battle in the next few posts. That basically means I won’t be giving anymore leeway.

Fair enough, but Tomiko will be defiant to the very end. Won't make it easy for him to put her down. Though I agree the end is neigh.

Hm not as much damage as I would have thought from a giant ice titan being flung in a bombardment or ice but hey, take what you can get lol

I was gonna have her dislocate her arm but... in the end I decided against it. Don't wanna sound too petty, but tit for tat, my 'fatal blow' with the Blade of wind Hurricane only left some shallow cuts on Kai :(

Guess we're even now, but it doesn't really matter. Either was it was a fun battle, and you forced out almost all my tactics. I only have a trick or two left up my sleeve.

I was gonna have her dislocate her arm but... in the end I decided against it. Don't wanna sound too petty, but tit for tat, my 'fatal blow' with the Blade of wind Hurricane only left some shallow cuts on Kai :(

Guess we're even now, but it doesn't really matter. Either was it was a fun battle, and you forced out almost all my tactics. I only have a trick or two left up my sleeve.

kyuu has a point here.

Yeah I really expected more damage
How much damage were you expecting?

if you're just taking into account the sum at the end then that's not all the damage she would've taken. She'd also been hit by some Ice needles, all things considered Sagiso is far more injured than Kai is. He's got a couple cuts and chakra exhaustion (may increase with Shen's next post)

And if I didn't fully explain why she didn't take more damage, then I'm fine with discussing it in here. I'll have her take more damage depending on the discussion.

As the mist was clearing somewhat, the hunternjn heard a sudden sound, electric in origin. Kai tried to collect the damp mist in the air, as some kind of weapon. What’s going on? Before he knew it, he heard a Mettalic clang as a series of paper bombs were going off his way like Dominos. ...!!!!

Kai tried to improvise a defense the best he could, using the collected mist so far to create an ice barrier that was skin tight on him, but soon as it was built, the explosion was too strong to contain it. It shattered, Kai’s coat shredding apart as severe burns set in on his legs and arms. It was a mess. The barrier managed to damped the explosion, the wounds he had received earlier due to the wind style attack instantly spidered out, becoming burnt messes of wounds.

“Gahhh!!!!”

Kai tumbled to the ground, badly hurt. His face was covered by his now charred mask, so his vital areas were protected. Kai heaved as he managed to sit up, not even stand. That does it!! I only have only trick left I haven’t pulled off.

“I won’t lose to a wretched Xeno! Forbidden jutsu! Organic freeze!”

Kai winced as he made the single handsign, his fingers shaking and badly burnt. One of his arms went completely limp after using the Forbidden jutsu. This jutsu while low costing in Chakra was deadly to use, costing an arm every use. But it was worth it, as it proved deadly to even the deadliest of beasts. Kai hoped his opponet had some exposed wounds so their exposed blood. could get frozen
errr, why though? I'd spent a good part of my post mentioning that the explosion would've been basically harmless. It wasn't even an attack. The whole point of the paper bombs was to nullify the titans, hence Kai would've gotten off scotch-free. I would've understood if you were blown back a bit by the shock wave but the amount of damage he's taken ..?

You guys need to allow your characters to get hit more often. Myself included at times.

Look at Tomiko. She's doing great by allowing that to happen! (XD /s)
I can understand where you're coming from, but we spent quite some time thinking up those tactics, and to nerf them just cause 'everyone needs to get hit sometimes' is annoying.

All my tactics are built up one step at a time, and you even if you initially can't see where they come from my posts explain it, and I'm willing to explain it further if needs be.

I do know some rpers who're even more calculative than I am, and I've seen them set up some pretty amazing traps with their actions. I don't think all that work should be discredited.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Except you forget one thing: they are explosions. Explosions hurt :p there’s a huge amount of them, meant for a MUCH bigger target that was around 30 feet tall. Imagine all that firepower meant to attack or even destroy such a titan, in an area around a 5 foot guy...yeah...that’ll hurt.

Which leads into a question: do you know what the thousands of needles of death jutsu is? The titan dispersal is like turning every part of it into needles of death. A puddle equivalent of needles nearly killed sauske, and this TITAN filled with a storm of needles barley did anything. Just sayin’

I can understand where you're coming from, but we spent quite some time thinking up those tactics, and to nerf them just cause 'everyone needs to get hit sometimes' is annoying.

All my tactics are built up one step at a time, and you even if you initially can't see where they come from my posts explain it, and I'm willing to explain it further if needs be.

I do know some rpers who're even more calculative than I am, and I've seen them set up some pretty amazing traps with their actions. I don't think all that work should be discredited.

I can see your point. Guess I have the overly fair mindset which in truth does limit how inventive and effective traps can be. Just worried that some guys will always be "one step ahead" and have too perfect of traps to ever counter. But that's how I RP and I understand your frustrating with it. I'll have to adapt to this style.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Except you forget one thing: they are explosions. Explosions hurt :p there’s a huge amount of them, meant for a MUCH bigger target that was around 30 feet tall. Imagine all that firepower meant to attack or even destroy such a titan, in an area around a 5 foot guy...yeah...that’ll hurt.

Which leads into a question: do you know what the thousands of needles of death jutsu is? The titan dispersal is like turning every part of it into needles of death. A puddle equivalent of needles nearly killed sauske, and this TITAN filled with a storm of needles barley did anything. Just sayin’
That was my point earlier @kyuukestu

I think it’s boring when people have to let their characters hit. When that happens, it doesn’t feel like your character earned the hit. There’s no point in tactically writing an attack when your opponent is gonna just let the attack hit them anyways. There’s a difference between letting your characters take a hit and actually getting hit. When you actually get hit, your character was either off guard or they had no way or time to defend themselves. Ik it’s also annoying to see your opponents character not take damage, but that’s probably because you didn’t cover all their options. It could also be that your opponent simply outplayed you. It’s fair game because your opponent took the time to figure out a way to have their character avoid the attack. Doesn’t it feel wrong if you see a way to have your character avoid an attack but you simply just allow them to get hit to give your opponent a sense of relief? It also feels wrong when you yourself know that your opponent could’ve avoided an attack but they didn’t because they wanted to be nice.

I think that if you’re able to outplay your opponent, you should be rewarded for it instead of the give and take system where we’re all trying to be considerate to the person we’re facing and make a fair match. Some matches could end up lopsided but it’s how it works even in the actual show. In the show, it doesn’t matter how strong the opponent is, if you’re able to outsmart them, you get the advantage. You don’t hear characters in the show telling Pain to nerf himself because they were getting destroyed by them. After Pain destroyed the village, Naruto didn’t show up and tell him that he was OP. No, Naruto literally had to strategize in order to win. Last I checked, no one could even touch Obito. That’s pretty op right. Well you know how they beat him, they strategized around Kakashi’s sharingan.

All I’m trying to say here is that maybe we should just duke it out using strategies instead of the simply letting attacks hit to make it seem fair.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I always let myself get hit, mostly because that means I can end up having a fight where I can dodge like everything because I let myself get hit all those times ago

I think it’s boring when people have to let their characters hit. When that happens, it doesn’t feel like your character earned the hit. There’s no point in tactically writing an attack when your opponent is gonna just let the attack hit them anyways. There’s a difference between letting your characters take a hit and actually getting hit. When you actually get hit, your character was either off guard or they had no way or time to defend themselves. Ik it’s also annoying to see your opponents character not take damage, but that’s probably because you didn’t cover all their options. It could also be that your opponent simply outplayed you. It’s fair game because your opponent took the time to figure out a way to have their character avoid the attack. Doesn’t it feel wrong if you see a way to have your character avoid an attack but you simply just allow them to get hit to give your opponent a sense of relief? It also feels wrong when you yourself know that your opponent could’ve avoided an attack but they didn’t because they wanted to be nice.

I think that if you’re able to outplay your opponent, you should be rewarded for it instead of the give and take system where we’re all trying to be considerate to the person we’re facing and make a fair match. Some matches could end up lopsided but it’s how it works even in the actual show. In the show, it doesn’t matter how strong the opponent is, if you’re able to outsmart them, you get the advantage. You don’t hear characters in the show telling Pain to nerf himself because they were getting destroyed by them. After Pain destroyed the village, Naruto didn’t show up and tell him that he was OP. No, Naruto literally had to strategize in order to win. Last I checked, no one could even touch Obito. That’s pretty op right. Well you know how they beat him, they strategized around Kakashi’s sharingan.

All I’m trying to say here is that maybe we should just duke it out using strategies instead of the simply letting attacks hit to make it seem fair.

Well said Retro, but that difficult thing is that it’s hard to say when it’s unfair when someone dodges something or not. Like imagine if someone was attacked by a jutsu that could level a whole city, and they dodge without the need for any chakra in like two seconds. It would be crazy. Realistically, it’s hard To tell when there is fair play or not.

Or when newbies just dodge everything without a scratch, or I’m a multitude of scenarios where someone would naturally not be able to dodge something, they miraculously do. How could we judge that?

Well said Retro, but that difficult thing is that it’s hard to say when it’s unfair when someone dodges something or not. Like imagine if someone was attacked by a jutsu that could level a whole city, and they dodge without the need for any chakra in like two seconds. It would be crazy. Realistically, it’s hard To tell when there is fair play or not.

Or when newbies just dodge everything without a scratch, or I’m a multitude of scenarios where someone would naturally not be able to dodge something, they miraculously do. How could we judge that?
You judge by reading their post. If they provide a really good explanation as to how they were able to dodge, then I don’t see why not. I mean we already call out and discuss controversial moves when we see them so I think most of us here would know the difference between explanations that make sense and the explanations that are bs.

That was my point earlier @kyuukestu

Well, since you're thinking in that light, then I would understand what you meant. However, that's not how I was thinking.

As you've pointed out we've got enough explosions for a 30 ft Titan, and a 30 ft Titan's worth of ice needles. The attacks themselves were meant to interact, not pass by each other on their way to their target.

When the explosions went off, they would've encountered a 30 ft Titan's worth of Ice, Water and mist from the surroundings, which means they were dampened. So despite being a large number of explosives all the water in the arena would've neutralized all the firepower, and only left behind the shock wave. That was the logic behind my post.

I thought I was being pretty reasonable allowing some of the needles to hit her while the rest were knocked away or evaporated by the flames and blast of the explosion.

So like I'd said before; Since the flames were already dealt with by the Titan dispersal, there's no way for them to have reached Kai and burnt him.

Ah now that you explained It, that makes sense. But not all the paper bombs were stopped by the ice, since you put them all around it. I can see the attacks interacting and dampening them both. I didn’t put two and two together.

But, Kai would have been hit nevertheless by paper bombs which have a large surface area of coverage, eneough to destroy an entire tree, and you had several up. So Kai would be feeling effects of some kind, and since I wasn’t expecting it, Kai wasn’t. He was affected, either way, it’s all about countering what happens next. Kai’s forbidden jutsu is nothing to laugh at

I'm pretty sure all that Ice rain has an equally large area of effect. If you want to get technical then the paper bombs probably would've gotten a bit wet meaning that the blast would've been even further diminished.

On another note, what does that jutsu even do? Cause it sounds pretty OP.

That forbidden jutsu, Organic freeze, freezes any surface water on the enemy over time. At the cost of an arm each use, meaning only 2 times can it every be used in a given battle. For example: eyes, saliva, mucus, and any open wounds or sweat on their body will crystallize. He hasn’t mastered a way to freeze blood without an open wound, even then, it doesn’t go that deep of a freeze.

Then after the freeze, the ice presses hard down, applying pressure equivalent to that of a closing fist