• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

NaNoWriMo 2008 - Anyone participating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've been seeing news of the National Novel Writing Month (aka. NaNoWriMo) challenge going around for a couple of weeks now, but I was wondering if anyone here is taking part?

If you're not sure what it is, check out this url, but to give a quick overview: It's a writing challenge that encourages people to be creative, make mistakes, have fun, and write to their heart's desire. Your goal, from Nov.1 to 30th, is to write a 50,000 word novel from scratch on your computer and upload it to the NaNoWriMo website before midnight on the 30th. What you write doesn't need to be ground-breaking (they don't even want you wasting time with revision and editing), it's more about the energy put into finishing that 175 or so paged novel by the deadline.

Sound intriguing?

I know I certainly missed my chance to crash this thing, but not sure about the rest of you. 19 days and 11 hours left...

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I won't be participating, yet again, because I never have the longevity to get very far with my stories. Every idea I've had, no matter how good, has died on me bigtime.

I've been seeing news of the National Novel Writing Month (aka. NaNoWriMo) challenge going around for a couple of weeks now, but I was wondering if anyone here is taking part?

I have no idea what you're talking about, Linkachu; cn you please explain? :-\

PalkiBlake, it's a writing competition that is long over now, as we are in 2009 now.

Just as a heads up, any threads that haven't any posts, like this one, from 2008, make sure you check the last post date. Otherwise, you could be grave digging.

Locking this topic now. Any questions, PM me or Linkachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.