• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Name That Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
For the last time, David. It's NOT a cross. It's a celtic knot and the poor thing is being strangled by it.

Rhyperior, Spiritomb, Bastiodon, Mamoswine and Mismagius are okay, as well as the one that kept their Japanese name. Then again, any one of these could be a fake, so I don't develop any attachment to any of these names...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
A list of ALL the Gen IV English names is now up on Serebii, (And perhaps other places by now.)

Lickilicky.

LICKILICKY.

I'm sorry, that name sucks hard. I had no quarrel with the other names - even if they weren't the most creative or natural-sounding, I could bear them. But when you name the evolution of one of my favorite Pokemon something as horrendously awful as Lickilicky... ugh. Horrible.

Also, while I have no problem with the name Probopass in itself, they didn't name the Pokemon Nosestache, so I will commence crying. Cheers!

For the last time, David. It's NOT a cross. It's a celtic knot and the poor thing is being strangled by it.

Well, I'M calling it a cross because it looks like an "X" combined with a pair of parenthesizes! And I don't feel as if me saying "Arceus's Celtic Knot" would have the effect as "Arceus's Cross".

Anyway, I can hardly believe that every single name that Secret Squirrel guy predicted was right! EVEN PROBOPASS!! Why couldn't it have been "Nosetache"!?!

ARCEUS'S CROSS!!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
(sighs) Pseudoreligion gets worse and worse every day. Ah well.

It couldn't have been Nosetache because a wizard did it. Have a good day.

(sighs) Pseudoreligion gets worse and worse every day. Ah well.

It couldn't have been Nosetache because a wizard did it. Have a good day.

Then again, Probopass was picked because "proboscis" practically means "big nose" and "Dainose" means "Big Nose".

And "Arceus's Cross" is my catch phrase and I'm not changing because you said so.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Catchphrase or not, it's getting old, fast. >> But whatever. Do what you want.

'Probospass' amuses me, as a proboscis is the name given to insect mouth parts.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah... I love some of these, am 'okay' with the majority, and 'meh' at a handful of them. But you get meh names every gen, so I'm not too fussed over it. My issue now is figuring out how each name is actually said, because I have no clue on some of 'em xp

Luxray is a cool name, but mine was always destined to be named Rentorawr ^^

Lickilicky.

LICKILICKY.

I'm sorry, that name sucks hard. I had no quarrel with the other names - even if they weren't the most creative or natural-sounding, I could bear them. But when you name the evolution of one of my favorite Pokemon something as horrendously awful as Lickilicky... ugh. Horrible.

:( Lickilicky is one of my favourite new names.

i love most of the new names, {staraptor, luxray, torterra} but i cant say that 'lickylicky' is by any means ok... :p

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Considering there is now an official English Name discussion thread... Time to let this one die.

Drop dead, please, topic.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.