• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Name that pokemon! Quiz game.

Figured this would be the best place for this neat site I found. You have to try to name all pokemon of the chosen generation in 12 minutes. Surprisingly challenging.

Post your results!

Here are the links to each gen:
http://www.sporcle.com/games/pokemon.php
http://www.sporcle.com/games/pokemongen2.php
http://www.sporcle.com/games/pokemongen3.php
http://www.sporcle.com/games/pokemongen4.php

Theres lots of other quizzes but I figured this would be the most general.

Got 132/151 for gen 1, ill be doing the others tomorrow probably.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I've been on Sporcle before, and the site is quite a bit of fun. I tried my hand at the Generation I page and was able to get 135/151, so I didn't fair much better than Jeydis. It's kinda funny how many of the Pokemon you just gloss over in your mind because you don't see or think about them enough (or the ones that you do think of but can't quite spell the name write for the life of you when the time is running and the pressure is on. D:).

Sir Red said:
I've been on Sporcle before, and the site is quite a bit of fun. I tried my hand at the Generation I page and was able to get 135/151, so I didn't fair much better than Jeydis. It's kinda funny how many of the Pokemon you just gloss over in your mind because you don't see or think about them enough (or the ones that you do think of but can't quite spell the name write for the life of you when the time is running and the pressure is on. D:).

ani102.gif

Hehehe yeah took to long getting these guys spelled right.

I nearly timed out a couple times just trying to remember the Pokemon, but I ended up getting a perfect score for all of 'em. Were there a Gen V quiz, I'd probably fail that XD

Gen 1 Test: 143/151 Pokemon and only 3 minutes left. By that point I used a cheet sheet (sprite sheet really, but yeah) Also, POKERAP WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE if this was ever a srsface quiz with srsface consequences xD

Gen 2 Test: 33 seconds left xD The non-evolvers really got me stuck. (I'm looking at you Sudowoodo, Stantler, and Aipom D:<)

Gen 3 Test: Time left: 2:57. Didn't think I'd fair this well. I'm really bad at remembering Hoenn pokes. For me, they had to be the oddest of the lot, next to the Unovamons. I guess there were just entirely too many new species in this gen for me to remember all of them. Last Pokemon I listed: Spoink line.

Gen 4 Test: time left: 2:06. The gen full of evos/prevos. This is fairly difficult if you had trouble remembering pokes from earlier gens. Last Pokemon listed: Mantyke (it doesn't help its the only baby Pokemon not listed together with the other baby pokes)

Gen 1: 107/151
Gen 2: 77/100
Gen 3: 100/135
Gen 4: 75/107

So that's 359/493. Leaving 134 leftover. Not bad :) However, give me the test for Unova mons, and I'd probably get like 25 out of 150 XD

But yes, Pokeraps 1 and 2 will help you a lot. 3 probably won't, since not many people know of it's existance other than that crappy tv ripoff that KidsWB did a while back.

But I barely got Seadra when time ran out. There were a lot of spaces, but I managed to get almost the entire first and last collumns filled. Here's a tip: Name all the starters and legendaries first. That will eliminate at least 14 right off the bat, and that's just the first 2 gens. Then name the psuedo legendaries and that's at least another three. I could go on, but I don't want to make it too easy ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hah, I only got 124 out of 151 for Gen I. My mental recall sucks as usual, but that was fun. XD

I'll have to try the rest at some point, but I agree with Shocari. I'd fail hard at a Gen V quiz like this. ;)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Same as Shocari, perfect scores on all of them! ^-^

Gen1: 1:50 remaining
Gen2: 0:50 remaining
Gen3: 1:23 remaining
Gen4: 0:56 remaining

Future Gen5 quiz: 0/156 |D

Well, your score isn't helped by the official release of Gen V yet, Psycho. :p

I found this quiz to be really challenging, as I don't tend to associate names with pictures. I could easily recall a mass of pictures, but the names slipped. Grr.

gen 1-148/151 couldn't remember the machop line lD
gen 2-97/100 missed three random ones XD
gen 3-110/135 I just don't remember Hoenn....
gen 4-87/107 yeah..didn't really like Sinnoh so I didn't really learn all the Pokemon well.

148+96+110+87=441
not bad :D

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Gen 1: 147/151 - I forgot Diglett/Dugtrio and Mankey/Primeape. Shows just how memorable they are to me. A few others were a struggle too. <<;

Gen 2: 94/100 - Wooper/Quagsire, Slugma/Magcargo and Swinub/Piloswine utterly slipped my mind. O_o

Gen 3: 135/135 with 2 minutes left. Spinda, Gulpin, Swalot, Whiscash and Barboach took a while to remember. >>;

Gen 4: 105/107. Forgot Pachirisu and Happiny. @_@

I've played around with sporcle before, taking one of these quizzes before, and flopping. So far I've only done the first one, with a score of 127/151, but I'll get around to the rest.

Though there is one more quiz I would like to throw into the mix, a different sort of game where you have to try and guess what pokemon the quiz is asking, with rather amusing clues for each answer you give. I don't recommend posting the answer when you get it, as it would spoil the game for others.
http://www.sporcle.com/games/Spikkle/guesspokemon