• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles Naive Talonflame

It's been a while since I posted here. I'm getting back into battling (finally), but I need a little help with a certain Pokemon.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Naive
Gale Wings
EVs ???

Brave Bird
Roost
Flamethrower
Protect

The EVs are what I need help with because I'm going for a mixed attacker here. Flamethrower is there to obviously hit Pokemon who have weaker special defense. While the rest is standard (although I wasn't sure what to put the fourth moveslot. I also gave it Roost and Leftovers in an attempt to hopefully keep the thing alive because it's so useful to my team. Any other suggestions?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Talonflame's big problem here is that its base stats on offense are too low to split EVs over, and most of the stuff that would likely switch in against you won't be bothered by your mixed set anyway (read: every Rock-type in the game.)

Talonflame's far better off running moves like U-Turn and Bulk Up to trip up anything switching in on him, so I'd stick with a pure physical set for him.

Roost can stay though.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Jolly is better just because you're lowering a stat you won't be using anyway.