• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Mythical Beasts

"I love the plains! Now that SpikeFang is gone my family will come out of hiding and join us!" Rainbow said wishfully, she knew her parents would never leave the tunnels.

"I'm guessing SpikeFang is an enemy of yours? Well, was?" Vagri asked, flying alongside the two with his eyes closed. He wanted to use his Shock Sight to verify they weren't being followed.

"Yup, if ya didn't know that's the reason unicorns hide underground." Rainbow said shivering, she remembered when she was no more than a foal, running away from the shreiking howls of SpikeFang and tunneling underground.

"Ok looks like I have to tell the tale huh?" Nuri asked and she took a deep breath "Me and SpikeFang were supposed to be mates, but when we refused, My dad set a curse on SpikeFang, sending him here, and that led to al the parents being killed by SpikeFang" Nuri said as she blinked away the tears that formed in her eyes.

"What a terrible story, SpikeFang once managed to kill my mother, leaving me, my father, and my older siblings underground." Rainbow said as she pictured her mother's dead body on the ground and her family weeping over it.

Vagri was silent. He wasn't sure how to respond. Suddenly, his vision flared as he sensed enemies moving around beneath them.
"Earth moles! It's an ambush!" he said, instinctively flying twenty meters above the ground.

One of the moles launched at Nuri, only to burn to a crisp before it even got to her. "I told you to stay away!" Nuri shouted as she jumped into the air and landed down hard, shaking the ground and sending the rest of the moles running with their till in between their legs.

Rainbow shot her blast at a specifically odd looking mole, and then she started to trample the moles with her hoofs, and ordered the nyan cats to do so as well.

Five moles jumped out of the ground behind Vagri... only to be sliced in half by powerful lightning-talons. Vagri screeched and flew towards the group, moving fast enough to create a sonic boom. The major hoard was sent flying away. The thunder owl perched on top of a dead tree and hooted.

Nuri tripped and face-planted. Nuri slowly turned her head and saw a Red Gem attached to a metal chain. Nuri's gem glowed 'Didn't links have those?' Nuri thought as she grabbed the chain in her mouth. Nuri Closed her eyes and stood up, Staying dead still. Nuri opened her eyes "There's Links, somewhere close..." Nuri said as she felt the energy of her Link. Nuri used her psychic abilities and put the necklace around her neck. "We should keep a close look out now, someone dropped this, someone that's supposed to be a Link..." Nuri trailed off as she started to walk again, her body now cool from the whole Lava Pool Thing.

"Normally Links don't just FORM." Vagri said. "There has to be some sort of connection between two entities that can harness each others abilities."

Nearby, on the other side of the plains, two humans were climbing a hill.
"Hurry up!" Jericho said. "This view's amazing! I've been here before, and I know it's safe. But the view from the top is amazing!"

Nuri looked at it again and suddenly her eyes turned red. "Laurence" Was all she said before she started running again.

Laurence sighed and began to climb after Jericho. "Have you seen my Ruby? I've lost it somewhere" Laurence said and he looked down. He saw a silver thing bolting towards them.

Vagri started flying after her.
"Nuri, hold on!" the owl said, flying after her with all the speed he could muster.

"Dunno." Jericho said. "You had it with you when we left Grandpa's place, right? Anyways, look at this!" The teen looked out onto the horizon and saw waterfalls, forests and rivers across the beautiful valley... despite the barren fields of the Great Plains behind them.

Nuri was determined and nothing was going to stop her. She felt the Owl gaining but only by a inch. Nuri barked as she turned to look at Vagri "What?!" Nuri asked clearly irritated.

Laurence smiled "Yeah, it's so beautiful---Ehat are those?!" Laurence asked as he saw a silver streak followed day a white streak. Laurence frowned but he gasped when the silver streak stopped, it was a Fox, and it had his gem. "There's my gem!" Laurence quickly pointed at the Fox.

Rainbow looked around and saw a young girl staring at her.
Tsubaki looked at the unicorn, "Who are you?" she called to it.
"I'm Rainbow!" Rainbow called back and looked at her.

Laurence looked behind himself to see Tarif, his black Husky-Wolf. "Hey boy!" Laurence exclaimed as he rubbed the Black Wolf's fur.

Nuri sniffles and stood, staring at Vagri "So?" She asked.

Suddenly Tsubaki heard a meow, she ran inside too see her cat Pumpkin eating the cake she had made for her brother! "Bad cat!" she said scolding Pumpkin, and then she ran back outside.

"We... need... to... be... care... ful... of... the... cre... vasses..." Vagri said, trying to catch his breath. Relaxing, he continued. "Eventually the Plains meet a giant cloud of dust. Within that cloud are giant ravines that swallows any who fall inside. And the air in the cloud is too thick to fly up high."

Jericho turned to see the two. It was hard to see them through the dust cloud, but then again Laurence had always been gifted with sight that excelled beyond that of a normal human's.

Nuri nodded "Ok, then we better go around it" Nuri said as she trotted right, avoiding the Dusk Cloud. "Your very fast for a Electric Owl" Nuri said sarcastically.

Laurence watched as the Fox began to walk to the right that she was going. "I need my Ruby, it's my only memory of my parents" Laurence said as he signed and looked at Tarif who was blinking with confusion.

"We go back." Vagri said sarcastically. "But there might be some points that we could make it across by jumping. However, no one's ever survived a jump over the crevasse before."

"Wel then, I'm gonna be the first one" Nuri said as she saw a a smaller bit right in front of her. Nuri started running to it, her paws glowing a purplish-red just like her eyes. Nuri leaped, straight over the small piece and landed on the other side, face-panting.

Laurence blinked "What the hell!?" He said and stood up, the Fox jumps straight over the and face-planted a few metres behind them.

Vagri flew after her, building up enough speed to glide over the gap. When he stopped, he looked around. He noticed that Nuri was nowhere to be seen.
"You have to be kidding me." Vagri said, beginning to fly off in search of the fire fox.

"Holy shit!" Jericho said, watching flares of red and yellow streak into the forest. "Laurence, let's investigate." he said, starting to descend the hill.

Laurence nodded and followed.

Nuri groaned and stood up, only to be hit back down by a Thunder Owl flying right past her. "Hey Dummy! I'm right here!" Nuri shouted after Vagri and began to run after him.

Rainbow looked across the crevase, "I'm gonna cross it!" she said and ran across it.
Tusbaki looked in awe at the unicorn. "Wait for me!" the 14 year old shouted and darted across the crevase.

Jericho hopped down into the trees, but found himself separated from Laurence.
"Laurence? Bud? Where are you?" Jericho shouted out. Soon, he saw someting really weird... an owl. An ELECTRIC owl.

Vagri turned and found a boy staring at him.

Laurence looked around for Jericho, feeling that every step is taking him further away from him. Laurence looked around before he sighed, he was lost, he lost his half brother and Tarif who decided to probebly go inside the house rather than follow the two. Laurence sat under a tree with tears brimming his eyes "I even lost my Ruby...." He mumbled.

Nuri somehow lost sight of Vagri and began to walk around. After some time, she found.....Laurence? Nuri nudged the boy's head gently before she dropped the necklace around his neck.

"M-My Ruby---" Laurence cut himself off when he looked deep into the soft eyes of the same Fire Fox who said his life. "N-Nuri!" He exclaimed and hugged the Fire Fox's muzzle.

Nuri smiled "Good to see you again, I see you still have bandages around your leg, huh?" She asked and Laurence nodded. Nuri used her psychic powers and put Laurence on her head.

Laurence held onto one of Nuri's ears as the ran around to find, Jericho maybe? He was still out there, Nuri probably already sensed it.

Nuri spotted Vagri "Hey Dummy! You flew right past me!" Nuri barked at Vagri and then noticed another boy.

"Jericho!" Laurence exclaimed as he clung onto Nuri's ear, smiling.