• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mystery Gift..

when you begin your pokemon game,the option Mystery Gift opens (between new game and NWFC Settings),this Mystery Gift is a cool option to get items,connect via wireless to another DS and you can get gifts,the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option is currently empty,but when something important happens (like when Darkrai gets relased in Japan,Nintendo will load the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option with the item to get Darkrai)

19a4b0d3333e7eb89c54b65a20b0e51b.png

EXACTLEY WHAT ITEMS CAN U GET FROM MG ???

Is that why the DS goes in Wireless mode [blinking led] when it's after the "Press Start" screen?
And i thought things like new rare Pokémons would be released on WiFi, not Wireless -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Mystery Gift has to be unlocked before you can use it, and then you need to select it to get it going. When you select Mystery Gift, you will find three options for using it. Each begins a search for gifts. I've tried each one, but none of them found anything. I haven't tried Mystery Gifting with someone locally, though. If it's anything like previous Mystery Gifts, you need to do it at the same time as someone else is.

Mystery Gift is for gaining bonuses from multiple stuff. It was originally used for getting free items in Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Most of them were simple items, but when you were lucky, you'd get items for your room. On what it does for Ruby and Sapphire, I have no idea. And if I remember right, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald used it at events to get rare Pokemon. Diamond and Pearl uses it for events, too. But also for Wii connection, as learned when you beat Pokemon battle Revolution, you get a surfing Pikachu to train on your game, using Mystery Gift. Those seem to be all the uses for Mystery Gift to current.